SonofOrion

Sep 30, 2019
need help. getting this error when i went back to tell Robin about skilift.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "events.rpyc", line 2290, in script
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1389, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2251, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\movetransition.py", line 382, in render
    old_r = renpy.display.render.render(self.old, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1784, in render
    cr = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 336, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1283, in render
    self.update(st, at)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1265, in update
    child, redraw = self.function(st, at, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1341, in condition_switch_show
    return condition_switch_pick(switch), None
  File "F:\GAMES-Collections\games\MIST-0.7a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1337, in condition_switch_pick
    raise Exception("Switch could not choose a displayable.")
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
MIST 0.7a
Wed Jun 02 21:02:01 2021
Is it patched with the mod?

infomercial

Jun 11, 2017
Only if you want the Dr. as your sister.
I mean some games give heavy incest vibes even without the patches while some other games have incest patchs that feel tacked on, for example the daughter from Depraved Awakening doesn't really feel right with the incest patch imo. I was wondering that what is the case for this game. I'm okay with playing the game in either way but I prefer the way the dev would make the game if it wasn't for Patreon's terms.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I mean some games give heavy incest vibes even without the patches while some other games have incest patchs that feel tacked on, for example the daughter from Depraved Awakening doesn't really feel right with the incest patch imo. I was wondering that what is the case for this game. I'm okay with playing the game in either way but I prefer the way the dev would make the game if it wasn't for Patreon's terms.
I don't know how this one is with out the patch so can not advise on not having it.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
She's supposed to be your sister & dialogue can feel weird with "childhood friend".
I'd say you're better to play with the patch for the intended experience. (y)

May 30, 2020
Is this the final version (for V0.7 not the entire game) or does there have to be a next update for v0.7? I'm asking because of the 'a' in the version name.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Is this the final version (for V0.7 not the entire game) or does there have to be a next update for v0.7? I'm asking because of the 'a' in the version name.
I say we are not even close to half way to the end yet.
Many more updates to go.

Reactions: SonofOrion

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Have a look at the changelog.
Last time we had a letter, was 0.4a.
Most of the previous full numbers have had incrementals.
0.6 - 0.6.1 - 0.6.2
But some have gone
0.4 - 0.4a - 0.5

Short answer is we don't know if the next version will be v0.8, or v0.7.1.
If it follows previous pattern, above, then 0.8 could be numbering for next.
Last dev update can be found here.

Reactions: JstHnry4568245364

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
After the main attack, Lily has to wash her robe (event(s)?). No normal girl will walk around dirty
P.S. We are following you and petty quibbles are inevitable. Sorry )

SonofOrion

Sep 30, 2019
After the main attack, Lily has to wash her robe (event(s)?). No normal girl will walk around dirty
P.S. We are following you and petty quibbles are inevitable. Sorry )
They all do. Mia, and Robbin all together stopped wearing underwear.

lucyslittlehelper

Apr 14, 2018
I have a bug where the navigation button on the left disappears sometimes when returning from a scene to the bedroom.

I managed a jank workaround by waiting until morning then clicking start expedition, which would make the button reappear on the next screen, still kind of annoying.

A bigger issue happened after the house defence battle where I became permanently stuck in the bedroom. The button had disappeared but the game did not allow me to select start expedition until I had called a meeting in the living room.

I'm gonna leave the save where I am stuck attached to this post, hopefully someone can find what went wrong.

WORKAROUND: Eventually I found a workaround, enable the developer console and use the command show screen roomselection which causes the button to reappear. If anyone ever has this problem that should work temporarily.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 693 Votes