LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
As someone who also suffered from getting stuck on "I should focus on my other tasks", I've managed to fix it for myself. It turns out that for whatever reason when I got the magic quest I was supposed to get another one to prepare a feast for Mia, but this quest never got added to my quest log. As a result I was stuck, because that leads into the next quests which lead into the next one etc. I fixed this by enabling the developer console and putting two lines in:

quests04.append(miafeast01)
quests04.append(miafeast02)

This made the feast quest suddenly appear in my questlog and everything followed along nicely from there (at least it has so far!). No clue why the quest didn't show up the first time but hopefully this can help some other folks who got stuck at the same place
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was afraid my save would be forever borked.

Redranger17

Sep 3, 2018
played through the story, had an awesome time. just have 1 scene I haven't unlocked. Mia's 6th scene on the first page. anyone got any hints on that?

Grim October

Oct 11, 2019
played through the story, had an awesome time. just have 1 scene I haven't unlocked. Mia's 6th scene on the first page. anyone got any hints on that?
It's a morale-raising scene. I think you need to spend some time with her in the living room to unlock the option.

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
That sounds like you should go back to a save where you haven't clicked on the tent yet. Have you tried to just roll back? Although it sounds like you are already in too deep for that.
I made the decision to just continue on to see what would happen knowing their could be risks. So far... I haven't noticed anything else. I haven't seen anything else acting out of turn. I didn't want to start again (I know, you provided a save. As a fellow software developer, I can be equally obstinate.) given how early the tent scene is compared to current end of game.

The only things I've noticed are
1. some of the conversations are talkable again (white vs. gray). But I'm guessing that is because the dialog got updated.
2. Robin's boobjob, when finished goes right back to stroking you with cleavage vs. leaving it as a still shot after you finish. I figure this is a separate bug.
3. When walking down the forest road, the paved one, and you hang a right at it. The scene with the discovery of the tree being down across the road. That scene played over again. Nothing about what caused the tree to be downed though, or what happens after.
4. Mia's gathering was turned off. to me that was an "oh well. turn it back on."
5. When you take damage, your hp bar (blue) goes from integer/integer to float/integer. Your current hp ends up with a XXX.0 notation vs XXX. Your stamina (green) stays integer/integer. XXX/YYY

Beyond that, just taking my time, slowly working through #1 there, and the starnight dialogs.
I'd say you did better than most do with compatablity. Normally I have to open up the console and fake a variable being instantiated so that the game will work right without having to start over.

Last edited:

spamhere

Apr 10, 2018
Missed the 'h' in grandfather at the start when talking about him caring for the cabin.
Missed an 'f' when talking about breaking off a chair leg.
Several grammar mistakes I noticed just in the opening too.
Might want to run a spell/grammar check to see what else there may be, even just microsoft word will work quite well.

Eazeh2

Oct 2, 2020
It feels really awkward criticising when I have no suggestions to make on how to fix it, but I have to bring this up as it's a complete immersion-ruiner.
While I'm not a fan of incest, I don't really mind it too much and am grateful that the option is there to have it replaced with Totally Not Incest, I Swear ... the quality of the dialogue takes an utter nosedive whenever the topic comes up. Most of the time, I quite like the dialogue, even the dialogue between those characters when they're talking about being friends (or I assume siblings w/ patch) flows nicely and is believable. But as soon as the scene gets sexual, the dialogue gets unnatural, awkward, or self-conscious and just feels out of place. Why is it that incestual scenes always seem to have to remind the viewer WE ARE RELATED, AREN'T WE, BROTHER [replace: CHILDHOOD FRIEND] twice a sentence? No other character gets this treatment, we don't get to read scenes with Robin which include lines like "OH FIRST OF MY HAREM, YOU'RE REALLY GOOD AT THAT."
Surely anyone for whom the relationship is the important bit is capable of remembering that without the awkward dialogue? I don't need reminders that Mia has some sort of trauma making her scared to sleep alone whenever I say goodnight, it's important to me so unconsciously present when interacting with her.

Why does incest (and by extension, find/replace Not-Incest) get treated differently? And why does that difference seemingly have to be such awkward overuse of pronouns?

Edit: that said, I'm quite enjoying the game otherwise, especially the mechanical changes made last patch and the characters are interesting and believable., the writing is really nice. If I didn't like the rest of the game so much, I would have declared not my tastes, uninstalled and moved on, it's just weird seeing such good writing with one jarring difference.

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
I played the "Mist" for the first time on Sunday and I'm surprised how good it is. If you play in the "Scavenge" level of difficulty from the beginning and without cheats, you will not have any problems with the game. You can easily play it through from start to finish in a day.

mr biscuits

Aug 12, 2020
I can't get any further.
In the quest log I only have one quest Learn about your Magic and it only says I should focus on my other tasks.

What should I do now?

Komme nicht mehr weiter.
Im Questlog habe ich nur eine Quest Learn about your Magic und da steht nur noch I should focus on my other tasks.

Was soll ich nun machen?
Did you cook the feast with the fish you caught? I had the same problem as you. I went back to an earlier stage before catching the fishing (soon after meeting Mia). After cooking the fish (by going into the kitchen after finding recipe book in your room) a new option to work with Mia appears.
Don't know how I missed the feast but I didn't do it first time and then got to stage when nothing was possible. Weird bug.

Reactions: MikeyBurger

Hisakatana

May 31, 2020
It feels really awkward criticising when I have no suggestions to make on how to fix it, but I have to bring this up as it's a complete immersion-ruiner.
While I'm not a fan of incest, I don't really mind it too much and am grateful that the option is there to have it replaced with Totally Not Incest, I Swear ... the quality of the dialogue takes an utter nosedive whenever the topic comes up. Most of the time, I quite like the dialogue, even the dialogue between those characters when they're talking about being friends (or I assume siblings w/ patch) flows nicely and is believable. But as soon as the scene gets sexual, the dialogue gets unnatural, awkward, or self-conscious and just feels out of place. Why is it that incestual scenes always seem to have to remind the viewer WE ARE RELATED, AREN'T WE, BROTHER [replace: CHILDHOOD FRIEND] twice a sentence? No other character gets this treatment, we don't get to read scenes with Robin which include lines like "OH FIRST OF MY HAREM, YOU'RE REALLY GOOD AT THAT."
Surely anyone for whom the relationship is the important bit is capable of remembering that without the awkward dialogue? I don't need reminders that Mia has some sort of trauma making her scared to sleep alone whenever I say goodnight, it's important to me so unconsciously present when interacting with her.

Why does incest (and by extension, find/replace Not-Incest) get treated differently? And why does that difference seemingly have to be such awkward overuse of pronouns?

Edit: that said, I'm quite enjoying the game otherwise, especially the mechanical changes made last patch and the characters are interesting and believable., the writing is really nice. If I didn't like the rest of the game so much, I would have declared not my tastes, uninstalled and moved on, it's just weird seeing such good writing with one jarring difference.
I'm also not a fan of incest and just tolerate it. In my experiences the reason incest dialogue comes off so invasively is because those who like the taboo of it tend to like that type of dialogue during the heat of the moment, because it reinforces the taboo of what they're doing. Those who don't like it just see it as stating the obvious and it comes off awkward, but a lot of sex dialogue is awkward when you look at it outside the heat of the moment. Other characters don't state their relationship to the MC because that's not the main sexual draw of their characters like a sister character would be. Robin's dialogue during sex scenes is usually submissive, and Mia's is dirty/sultry. It doesn't come off as awkward or invasive to most because it fits them and their appeals, while those who aren't into incest tend to notice and wince when it's brought into a sex scene.

As for why incest gets treated different, it's usually simply because it wasn't meant to be removed (certainly not by default), that's a patreon thing. The writing is done with incest in mind and the "official" dialogue is often a very simple keyword swap, it's not meant to sound right. Other fetishes or options are usually developed with both options in mind. I can't comment on this game because I patch games just so the dialogue sounds right, even if I'm not into incest. I've played plenty of others though where I've forgotten to patch and the dialogue instantly falls apart and it's obvious they're just swapping keywords (there's a reason people make landlady/roommate jokes).

Suee

Aug 12, 2018
Game is bugged. There is no skills option for me in the status tab so there is no possible way to beat the cabin invasion segment. Please fix.

Eazeh2

Oct 2, 2020
As for why incest gets treated different, it's usually simply because it wasn't meant to be removed (certainly not by default), that's a patreon thing. The writing is done with incest in mind and the "official" dialogue is often a very simple keyword swap, it's not meant to sound right.
Oh, I know it's a patreon thing, I've seen plenty of the swaps, but even when it's swapped back in it doesn't feel right. There's just something off about two characters reminding each other of the fact so often. It's like reading a BDSM scene where the top's lines all end "[...], slave." (eg. "Know your place, slave" "you're a good girl, slave" "get on your knees, slave" like the author was worried people would think giving orders doesn't count if you don't constantly remind people who they're talking to. Or I guess in my example they could also be a moogle with a speech impediment, kupo.

4.60 star(s) 695 Votes