Lolilola

Jan 21, 2021
I'm stuck in the game, in the tunnels I have the card and I entered the locked tunnel, now I can't go further because of the wall of meat, can't read anymore documents, don't have the the security password. I'm puzzled

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I'm stuck in the game, in the tunnels I have the card and I entered the locked tunnel, now I can't go further because of the wall of meat, can't read anymore documents, don't have the the security password. I'm puzzled
You need to find something to get rid of the flesh, something that will "melt" that.... So keep searching in the tunnels, sorry if I seem cryptic but i don't want to spoil you too much fun :)

Reactions: layer1avn

justsum

Mar 22, 2020
Finally got around to playing this update. Thank you. Looking forward to the next as always (y) Thank you!!!

Lolilola

Jan 21, 2021
You need to find something to get rid of the flesh, something that will "melt" that.... So keep searching in the tunnels, sorry if I seem cryptic but i don't want to spoil you too much fun :)
I swear I've been searching for 2 hours now I'm more frustrated than anything. I'll try a little longer...

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
Besides what

said, you'll find your saves in the Game folder aka: (Mist Folder)>game>saves

Ren'py does this thing where it saves the game twice for some reason but the main saves are found where I told you.
have to admit I never knew/paid attention that there was a save in the game folder. I rely on the AppData one since I usually just delete the game when I'm done since I know I have to redownload the whole thing anyways for the next update.

Reactions: Dunner

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Did I mess up somewhere? I just now created the shovel, got a second Air Rifle from the cabin and some planks, it's night time, but I can't do anything to progress. I can't even sleep in the bed if that's even a thing. Robin's in her room and won't talk to me, there's nothing in the other locations, do I have to start over?

Edit: I restarted and already got further then I was before, so nevermind I suppose, might've been an incompatibility from using an older version save on the newest version.

Last edited:

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
have to admit I never knew/paid attention that there was a save in the game folder. I rely on the AppData one since I usually just delete the game when I'm done since I know I have to redownload the whole thing anyways for the next update.
This what I do for all Ren'py games:
- I simply Paste the patch over the old files
- I DO always keep the new patch zip until I finish testing for problems because there could always be incompatibilities between the patches so if the worst happens I just copy the saves to a new folder then delete the old files and unzip the new patch and paste the saves back in

This almost never happens without a reason tho, for example:
1. The DEV changes something about the game that conflicts with old files (usually it's code related)
2. I used some mod that is not updated anymore
3. Some old files that didn't cause problems or weren't used anymore now conflict with the new patch

TL;DR
You can paste the new patch over the old files but always keep the patch zip in case the game starts having issues.

Reactions: Dylan741

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
Does anyone know why the game crashes and stops when I enter?
If you played the game a while ago and just came back there is a big chance that you need to back up your saves and delete the old version you had. Afterwards just unzip the latest patch and paste the saves back. (Saves are in: <Mist Folder>/game/saves)

If this is your first time playing and the game crashes then I can't tell you for sure. It may be some missing software that doesn't allow Ren'py to run or it may be an entirely different reason thus I can't help you with that.
If anyone has ideas they're free to chime in.

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
This what I do for all Ren'py games:
- I simply Paste the patch over the old files
- I DO always keep the new patch zip until I finish testing for problems because there could always be incompatibilities between the patches so if the worst happens I just copy the saves to a new folder then delete the old files and unzip the new patch and paste the saves back in

This almost never happens without a reason tho, for example:
1. The DEV changes something about the game that conflicts with old files (usually it's code related)
2. I used some mod that is not updated anymore
3. Some old files that didn't cause problems or weren't used anymore now conflict with the new patch

TL;DR
You can paste the new patch over the old files but always keep the patch zip in case the game starts having issues.
sounds like a lot of unnecessary work to me since you could just unpack and play. you might even end up with files you no longer need in your game.

Reactions: Dunner

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
sounds like a lot of unnecessary work to me since you could just unpack and play. you might even end up with files you no longer need in your game.
As I said 9/10 times you can simply unzip the new patch over the last one and there is gonna be no issue with the game. Problems usually appear if you use mods like me and even then those cause issues with the saves instead of game crashes.

I'm merely pointing out the fact that you don't usually need to bother with the whole "Delete the old version" thing because I would get annoyed if I needed to delete every old patch xD
You do what works for you but be careful because I played some Ren'py games that didn't save in AppData so with those you'd lose all your progress.

tengizi

Nov 27, 2017
I had to reformat my computer and lost all my files. Does anyone have full saves for the game? (including persistent file, if possible). Thanks in advance.

Dec 17, 2021
the problem happens to me when I try to open the game and it stops completely saying that it is a windows error I could play games before but the old ones eg insexual awekening that does not give me an error and other games tell me that it has many renderings and my computer can't stand renderings

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
the problem happens to me when I try to open the game and it stops completely saying that it is a windows error I could play games before but the old ones eg insexual awekening that does not give me an error and other games tell me that it has many renderings and my computer can't stand renderings
what does the error say exactly is there any additional information like an error code? could you post a screenshot of the error message? also, have you tried the standard fixes like a full reboot and updating all things especially graphics drivers.

Reactions: layer1avn

Robillard

Oct 2, 2017
Played this game up to .7 on my old PC.
Upgraded my PC and didn't move the save files over.
Starting a new game and liking the extra stuff I missed.
Stuck on the bullshit fishing minigame...... take this damn thing out or make a way for people to skip it please!

layer1avn

Aug 24, 2021
Played this game up to .7 on my old PC.
Upgraded my PC and didn't move the save files over.
Starting a new game and liking the extra stuff I missed.
Stuck on the bullshit fishing minigame...... take this damn thing out or make a way for people to skip it please!
Rollback works if you miss it. It's not that difficult and you don't need to fish all much before getting a farm going.

4.60 star(s) 690 Votes