Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
HMMMMMMMMM, interesting development. It's been itching in my head how you guys say what i'm seeing is slower than what you guys' see but no one has offered up an exact scene version for me to compare to so i've had some degree of doubt that we all might just be looking at different scenes, me at slower ones and you guys' at faster ones. Well, as i keep playing i cannot get past the impression that what i am seeing is still the kind of smoothness you'd only get from intended speed, i'd expect to see choppiness if i was suffering slow downs and everything else in the game is running exactly as i am used to from all the other Renpy games i've played. This got me thinking, duh, an fps counter, is there a built in one for Renpy? 6 seconds on google, f3, check and boom, constant 60 fps, as i thought... so how could i be seeing things slower than everyone else if my game is running at proper speed? If i am actually getting slower videos, i have finally found the right question. If i am not, then could someone actually compare the original video clip i posted to what they see when selecting Mia's nice bum morale boost. I really want see a direct comparison or at least have someone proclaim to have performed it themselves.

perheiro

Apr 25, 2017
I find it midly amusing in each sex scene to see the MC's penis with the permanent shiny wet patch on the left side, every time i notice it i think 'mmm moist penis'.
Every time I see it I think ..... wasn't there a company that used to make "Penis Poncho's?" He should get one and not a Sears Penis Poncho but a real Penis Poncho. Just a thought to ponder....OH NO!!!

Reactions: drty

qarnac

Jul 4, 2019
im also having that problem, fun game though.

Im only like, just getting to the city but is the urination tag real?

plz no judge :)
I just thought the slow scenes might be intentional. Callisto is the same way. I also tried the shift-G options and nothing changed.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I have fully updated k-lite codecs pack installed.

I tried every combination of settings to absolutely no change so that settings menu is not the source of the slowdown.

Hmmm, that does indeed look faster but i'd have more confidence if i could compare exact scene to exact scene.

I'm not sure i have the energy to dig further into this one, i have no idea how the clips are programmed into the game but they should just be clips so how something could be arbitrarily deciding to slow them down sounds more like bad coding than an error on my end even if i'm the only one suffering it especially since i have absolutely never experienced it before in anything else and i am definitely someone who has given his computer countless opportunities to shit itself over any potential hidden flaws. Thanks for trying guys.

Edit: actually, can i clarify something, when in conversation with the girls are they supposed to move kind of like old school stop motion or is that my slowdown issue again? I'm talking about how Lily or Mia moving their arms in 4 or 5 discrete frames over a half a second? I thought it was a stylistic choice but now i'm worried the whole non-text side of the game is running at half speed. I've updated my drivers, my graphics card is mid-range to good and performance or the game never goes about 35% GPU use and not knowing if things are meant to be or not is really getting in the way of my enjoying this game.

Edit 2:

This.
I think the issue is something on your end. I haven't played yet, but I saw the early chapters of this game as recordings on PH, and the animations and basic movements were not always "natural", but they weren't in molasses, either.

If you go through the thread and look for the "spoiler" animations that have been released, see if those play more quickly running in your browser, download and see if they play more quickly independent of playing within the game, or if your computer slows them down, too.

Here's a link to someone else's game play I just called up. Skip to about the 22 minute mark and see what you get. Looks like a much faster playback than what you posted.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Here's a link to someone else's game play I just called up. Skip to about the 22 minute mark and see what you get. Looks like a much faster playback than what you posted.

Yeah see, you say that but actually that link's video is the exact speed i saw in that scene on my computer, and the oldschool stop motion-like talking heads in conversation scenes. Thanks for that, i now have the confirmation for my ongoing theory, it's just me and my expectations for sex animations, i'm far more used to humping twice or thrice the speed this game's MC goes at. I think people focused too much on my worded descriptions and not enough on my recordings. I also noticed as the game progress the newer scenes are faster than the snails paced early ones. What's more is no one has compared like for like or provided a new avenue for testing so there's nowhere useful to go from here anyway. I'm done with this particular line of conversation and want to move on from it. Thanks for the replies guys.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I've noticed all throughout this game the dev has some difficulty with the tenses of a few words but i always say live/s as life/s but never the other way 'round until, well i don't want to spoil, let's just say when one of the girls is inspecting plants at the entrance to a safe place. So yeah, i find it amusing that they're always flipped, life where it should be live and live where it should be life. I wonder what causes that in their mind.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I've noticed all throughout this game the dev has some difficulty with the tenses of a few words but i always say live/s as life/s but never the other way 'round until, well i don't want to spoil, let's just say when one of the girls is inspecting plants at the entrance to a safe place. So yeah, i find it amusing that they're always flipped, life where it should be live and live where it should be life. I wonder what causes that in their mind.
Probably not a native english speaker, or the country they come from does it that way

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Probably not a native english speaker, or the country they come from does it that way
Yeah and i always find that interesting, many games i've found on this site have ESL devs and you can spot the little idiosyncrasies of their first language twisting itself through their english sentences but i am unfamiliar with all the languages of the world as i am not a super human genius with omniscience so i still get curious as to which language is the source of the unique errors.

Unrelated to previous paragraph. Something this game could really benefit from is a small indicator of new conversation options as currently the only way to find them is to scan every girl and every relaxation location for white text. Something like this or similar would be good:
screenshot0003.png

Reactions: darlic

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I think i'm soon approaching the current content wall, one thing i've found a littel disappointing is the variety of sex scenes, earlier on it seemed like Robin was the subbiest bottom bitch and Mia was going to be the wild and weird sex one, then with Lily coming in it seemed, since the first footjob, she was going to be a bit of a femdom queen but no, in the end they're all subs, hungry for cock and desperate to be put in their place. They still have their own quirks but they're also far too similar for my personal taste.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Erm... based on rules previously set... shouldn't the MC get a massive power boost, even more than ever before, after the first 4 girl orgy? I was expecting the whole cave to be bathed in purple light so bright everyone was temporarily blinded...

4.60 star(s) 687 Votes