JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Can someone explain the loli tag? I played this game 1-2 years ago and there was no such thing.
If you consider loli to be pre-teen/under 18 girls, then the tag is misplaced.

But the site definition is:
  • Loli [Girls with undeveloped bodies in sexual situations. Read rule 7.]
So, it seems that the site moderators believe that Mia (who is very short and petite) has an "undeveloped body," or at least underdeveloped body. Thus, the game gets the tag.

Many don't think of Mia as a loli, but I tend to agree with the concept that loli is about petite body types and has little to nothing inherently to do with age in current common usage. It is simply a body shape.

And if you look at how the tag is used in other media and on other games on the site as well, you will see this is normally how it used in a practical sense. You see many games with centuries old demons/angels/fairies/elves that are short with small breast getting tagged as loli because it is about body shape and not age.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Hadn't played this in quite some time so thought I'd give it a go.
I wish they would have fixed the problems with the sound. I have it
muted under preferences but it still makes loud gross sounds during the sex scenes and the
music blares on during some scenes. Really ruins the game.
They still have quite a few spelling errors as well.
Oh well maybe sometime in the future.

Last edited:

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Hadn't played this in quite some time so thought I'd give it a go.
First thing I noticed was they still haven't fixed the problems with the sound. I have it
muted under preferences but it still makes loud gross sounds during the sex scenes and the
music blares on during some scenes. Really ruins the game.
They still have quite a few spelling errors as well.
The sound issues are something related to your system. I never had any problems with that. Muted or not.

"Really ruins the game." - What a stupid thing to say... nothing is ruined. You just have issues with your OS.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also who plays MIST muted anyway? Ruins the whole atmosphere... :FacePalm::KEK:

I somewhat agree on the spelling errors but they are so minor that they don't diminish the overall quality of the game.
Also keep in mind that the dev is not a native speaker as far as I know.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
The sound issues are something related to your system. I never had any problems with that. Muted or not.

"Really ruins the game." - What a stupid thing to say... nothing is ruined. You just have issues with your OS.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also who plays MIST muted anyway? Ruins the whole atmosphere... :FacePalm::KEK:

I somewhat agree on the spelling errors but they are so minor that they don't diminish the overall quality of the game.
Also keep in mind that the dev is not a native speaker as far as I know.

One of the points being with the sound, though, is I play several games from here and this is one of the very few with this problem. One of the other games was an html one and the videos would come on loudly, till the Dev changed it. I'm currently on a fresh'ish' Win 10 install temporarily using onboard sound so wouldn't imagine it being that, though could be.... it was an annoyance to remember to go into the vol controls to mute it there before starting this particular game. I play all games muted. Usually because I have other music going but sometimes just because I want it quiet. Also, I'm hooked up to a receiver with some nicer floorstanding speakers and a couple subs so again, if it does come on blasting, it's shocking and can be hard on the speakers.

So, if you have the sounds muted under preferences, you never hear anything while playing Mist? Not during the sex scenes or the 'dramatic' scenes?

Sorry you think I'm stupid and ruining the whole atmosphere but it's still how I prefer to play.

Edited to add, I have listened to the music in Mist before and it's really Amazing, honestly is.
But again, I just prefer it muted most of the time.

Last edited:

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
So, if you have the sounds muted under preferences, you never hear anything while playing Mist? Not during the sex scenes or the 'dramatic' scenes?
No I don't.

Sorry you think I'm stupid and ruining the whole atmosphere but it's still how I prefer to play.
I just think that's akin to watching a horror movie on mute while listening to something else... it defeats the purpose.

Many games have amazing OSTs that never get heard because people mute the music those games have.
I have discovered so many great songs and artists not only through AAA games but AVNs too.
I just think it's sad that so many people mute their games without giving it a second thought.

Reactions: Ericopa12

Silanaq

May 1, 2021
really nice game but I had an error where I got no help.
Have then old saves deleted and restarted went well is the first video the da kamm error message would not be found. have but recently downloaded the latest version here. but apparently missing there the videos and in the old version I do not find them otherwise I would have inserted them

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I actually don't have a problem with it either. No idea why, but my mute is working fine for all of it. I do recommend playing the sound on this one though, even if you keep the music killed. It is one of the rare ones where it adds a great deal to the experience and is actually well done.

I just think it's sad that so many people mute their games without giving it a second thought.
In general, especially with early releases/first time trying a dev's work, I'm one of them. I'll agree that there are some games/vn's out there with some great music, and some that have managed to nail the atmospheric sounds perfectly (like this one), most of them suck.
Generally the leveling is all over the place, the tracks are badly looped, and the 'sexy sounds' either sound like anime characters on helium or pieces of raw meat being slapped together.
Add in the fact that my music tastes (generally) vary greatly from what a lot of dev's use, and it just isn't worth trying.

Believe it or not, I'm not knocking the dev's with that statement. Audio can be a bitch to get right even when it is your main talent/focus, voice actors can get really expensive, and everyones sound-system is different. It is a full-time job just trying to do audio, and these dev's already have a ton of crap they are trying to get right.

Reactions: Forgotted

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Glad you like the soundtrack. Sorry you don't think folks should be able to
change options or play it differently than you.
Did I mention/quoted you with my comment? No, so wasn't referred to you

No that I care how you or others play games tbh

Reactions: DougTheC

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I actually don't have a problem with it either. No idea why, but my mute is working fine for all of it. I do recommend playing the sound on this one though, even if you keep the music killed. It is one of the rare ones where it adds a great deal to the experience and is actually well done.

In general, especially with early releases/first time trying a dev's work, I'm one of them. I'll agree that there are some games/vn's out there with some great music, and some that have managed to nail the atmospheric sounds perfectly (like this one), most of them suck.
Generally the leveling is all over the place, the tracks are badly looped, and the 'sexy sounds' either sound like anime characters on helium or pieces of raw meat being slapped together.
Add in the fact that my music tastes (generally) vary greatly from what a lot of dev's use, and it just isn't worth trying.

Believe it or not, I'm not knocking the dev's with that statement. Audio can be a bitch to get right even when it is your main talent/focus, voice actors can get really expensive, and everyones sound-system is different. It is a full-time job just trying to do audio, and these dev's already have a ton of crap they are trying to get right.
I understand you're not kicking the Devs, lol.
I worked in a small sound room at a place for a few years. Was fun.

Thanks for the comment. I noticed, I completely forgot to mention that I'm using the incest patch as well, not that it matters
too much, but it does change the game to something other than what the Developer released and intended. My fault, as I never use mods or cheats, OTHER than the incest patches which I always use. Not that it should matter.

I just realized also that it's only the music and sex sounds.
All the other sound effects are muted.

At any rate, have a good one.

Cheers

Reactions: Tavi13

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Just figured it out, pretty stupid on my part that I hadn't tried this before. Under preferences you have the two
sliders for sound and a Mute All 'switch'.
When using the Mute switch, the music and sex sounds still play. However if I don't mute it, but just grab the sliders
and set them to 0, then all the sounds are 'disabled'.
So I guess that fixes that... Never heard of it being the mute switch. Maybe it makes sense as they have to 'define' all
the sounds that the mute switch controls I guess. Anyway...

Cheers.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I worked in a small sound room at a place for a few years. Was fun.
I don't know how anyone does it, and I am in awe of those that can.
I have a buddy that works in the sound department for a theater (live, not movie). I met up with him at work once; he was running late with a sound check, and I stuck around and watched what he did. I have no idea how he manages to make it all work. Guess that is where training and experience come into play.

Glad you got it figured out!

Reactions: Forgotted

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Well.... I generally keep my windows vol around 15-20. But I have it going to some other equipment
that is set really high. That's just cuz I'm lazy and only want to use the main win volume.
I don't have neighbors so it's not a huge deal other than it can sure scare the hell out of me
if I'm not expecting the sounds.....lol

I keep Foobar turned down as well, but when I start games, they like to come on REALLY LOUD sometimes.

4.60 star(s) 688 Votes