detox

Donor
May 6, 2017
Newly install, first play, no cheat or modifications and this:

"Where i am..."

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/events.rpy", line 483, in <module>
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "events.rpyc", line 483, in script
  File "W:\GamesSetup\MIST\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "W:\GamesSetup\MIST\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/events.rpy", line 483, in <module>
  File "W:\GamesSetup\MIST\renpy\python.py", line 731, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
MIST 0.5
Sun Oct 25 05:21:02 2020
Ops..
But with "ignore" the game goes on.

Jonlissla

Jun 25, 2017
Have to admit I kept playing not to see more T&V but to find out what was happening. What's the fog? Why did it arrive? What's that strange presence that gives you magical powers all of a sudden? Why are there monsters around? The enviroment and world building is great.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
downloading this, i'm new to the game. what should i expect? what are tips to do?
Just carefully read the game mechanics' instructions and the dialogues. Always check the hint system. Go with the flow even you think that you're stuck at the moment. Don't pay attention to the dumb F95 children who can't even pay attention to the game's instructions.

The game's easy: you just have to read what's written on your PC screen.

juriar

Oct 7, 2020
I'm not sure if someone mentioned it but i found exploit (Windows version). When u are on expedition and u go further the aggro meter goes up and stamina is used, but when you scroll backwards and then forward again your aggro and stamina gats reset. Sorry if someone already posted it.

Wistil

Sep 9, 2018
As I have said, I'm unable to start mist, some exe thing is missing it said
Usually when that happens to me, it is because the security software thinks there is a virus in the exe file. Did you check to see if your computer removed it?

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update 43.jpg

And the next Monday Update is around the corner, bringing the latest developments in MIST. I can't say for sure when the release will be because I encountered some trouble. But it should definitely be mid November.

Everything new:

• I've written a very good amount of dialogue.
  • Made some new backgrounds to be used in the different dungeons. Some for the forest and some for the city.
  • I also implemented a new enemy type.
  • And made changes to the exp system. Making it have a 25% chance of giving you some extra EXP.
  • I also made more sprites for Lily.
  • And I am working on a new room in the house, or rather a room that will be repurposed soon.
  • I've also changed the code for the gallery to make unlocks persistent. That way you will have scenes unlocked even if you start a new game.
  • And I built some new 3D Assets to be used in the future.
  • On top of that I also made the first animations for 0.6.
Now I want to be honest have to say. The last weeks were a bit rough. Not because I hit a roadblock or anything like that, but because I took a week off after the release of 0.5. This was pretty much the first week since I started developing where I did 100% nothing for the game. Except for planning out the update.

And that is something I am never doing again. Getting back into it took me another 7 days where I was struggling to keep my concentration up and was almost unable to produce anything creative. So the next time I am taking a small break I will keep doing at least a little bit every day, just to stay in the rhythm.

The good thing is, I bounced back and am feeling really great right now. Development is fun and after the turbulent last two updates 0.6 is stepping on the brakes and will focus more on the girls. Which also means that it will have more scenes than usual.

That is all I have to say. I wish all of you a happy week and you will hear from me either next week or with the next Monday Update.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
What does that mean.
A sprite is a 2D animated image of an actor in a game, so in this case I assume "sprite" refers specifically to the standing pictures of the girls that appear overlaid onto the background when you're having a conversation with them, as opposed to the CG ones where they're actually posed in the environment.

Reactions: Vanderer

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
The good thing is, I bounced back and am feeling really great right now. Development is fun and after the turbulent last two updates 0.6 is stepping on the brakes and will focus more on the girls. Which also means that it will have more scenes than usual.

That is all I have to say. I wish all of you a happy week and you will hear from me either next week or with the next Monday Update.
I hope you mean stepping on the gas.
Happy week to you as well. Just finished 0.5 a few minutes ago. I get paid in a few hours, so I plan on sending to support your way.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Started this a few days ago. Really enjoying it!

It's got a very Twilight Zone/Myst/Old School Lucas Arts vibe to it, and I'm down.
The tile movement is definitely Myst. And other aspects are like John Carpenter's The Mist. Any other mist homages?

4.60 star(s) 693 Votes