SSSnowman

Feb 10, 2024
I may just be dumb or sum shit :mad: bcuz I am tryna REPLACE the mod w the original files but it keeps giving me an error!! Anyone knows how to fix this?

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I may just be dumb or sum shit :mad: bcuz I am tryna REPLACE the mod w the original files but it keeps giving me an error!! Anyone knows how to fix this?
If you get an error after starting the game with the mod it's most likely because the mod isn't updated for the latest version.

if you get an error while copying the files then I have no idea.....

• Sad
Reactions: SSSnowman

SSSnowman

Feb 10, 2024
If you get an error after starting the game with the mod it's most likely because the mod isn't updated for the latest version.

if you get an error while copying the files then I have no idea.....
Atp I just deleted the mod, bcuz I can use steam but now when I try to start the game:

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/tl/ENG/script/cap_01/sc_01.rpy", line 586, in script
old "Sei importante (Menti)"
Exception: A translation for "Sei importante (Menti)" already exists at game/tl/ENG/script/cap_01/cap_01_sc_01.rpy:581.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2645, in execute
renpy.translation.add_string_translation(self.language, self.old, self.new, newloc)
File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 594, in add_string_translation
stl.add(old, new, newloc)
File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 534, in add
raise Exception("A translation for \"{}\" already exists at {}:{}.".format(
Exception: A translation for "Sei importante (Menti)" already exists at game/tl/ENG/script/cap_01/cap_01_sc_01.rpy:581.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.3.0.24082114
Sun Oct 20 10:01:18 2024
```

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Atp I just deleted the mod, bcuz I can use steam but now when I try to start the game:

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2645, in execute
renpy.translation.add_string_translation(self.language, self.old, self.new, newloc)
File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 594, in add_string_translation
stl.add(old, new, newloc)
File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\MonsterCollege-0.8.13.3-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 534, in add
raise Exception("A translation for \"{}\" already exists at {}:{}.".format(

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.3.0.24082114
Sun Oct 20 10:01:18 2024
```
If you want to stop using the mod (and you've used it before), you'll most likely have to start from scratch. The saves made while using the mod may not work without it.

SSSnowman

Feb 10, 2024
If you want to stop using the mod (and you've used it before), you'll most likely have to start from scratch. The saves made while using the mod may not work without it.
Sad bcuz I literally just started playing it, then decided to integrate the mod with it and it didnt work...

So I was like:
Ok then lemme delete this one and re-unzip it, but it still didnt work for some reason :(

SSSnowman

Feb 10, 2024
Sad bcuz I literally just started playing it, then decided to integrate the mod with it and it didnt work...

So I was like:
Ok then lemme delete this one and re-unzip it, but it still didnt work for some reason :(
Is my version old or something? I dont know how these games work iwl

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

So I was like:
Is my version old or something? I dont know how these games work iwl
No, you just used an outdated mod most likely (the mod dev haven't updated it yet).

Delete everything related to this VN (including the persistent save in "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\MonsterCollege-1680008752")

then start fresh.

SSSnowman

Feb 10, 2024
ee
No, you just used an outdated mod most likely (the mod dev haven't updated it yet).

Delete everything related to this VN (including the persistent save in "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\MonsterCollege-1680008752")

then start fresh.
Jeez this is my first impression of the game... How amaaazing

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Sorry to drag this out further, but…
<snip />
While running game code:
<snap />
This indicates that you did not fully purge the mod from the game. The developer adjusted the names of several script files, chiefly the ones of chapter one. sc_01.rpy is a remnant of the former code solely provided by the mod.
Mayhaps you just unpacked again without deleting the game's files beforehand? Black Swamp Ent. suspected to have done this when they tried to remove the mod
Jeez this is my first impression of the game... How amaaazing
It is. Amazing, that is. Hope this helps!
When people ask you what happened here… tell them the pack remembers. Tell them Wolf came for House Nagalmath. :devilish:

[…] The saves made while using the mod may not work without it.
This is highly unlikely. The game's written in Italian with the mod tinkering with the English translation. As the original script is left untouched, all saves should work interchangeably.
In all fairness, a mod messing with saves is fairly common. Not unique to this VN at all.
Now this is an interesting point. See, people mostly are unaware of when and why using a mod may lead to broken saves. This generally happens when a mod provides altered versions of files residing in an rpa. The actual problem stems from modders often not providing the compiled (original) files as well. The altered scipts will hence be compiled on the player's end, resulting in 'line markers' differing from the original script – completely breaking dialogue history and in extension most saves upon trying to play the game unmodded; sometimes even when trying to play the next update modded. For more details, see the Ren'Py doc entry for the , especially the 'Under the hood' article linked therein.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
4.50 star(s) 77 Votes