Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The option of having a harem seems perfect to me, I don't see any inconsistency.
The personality of several girls is what is inconsistent.

Harems as the one described in this game create an uneven set of roles for the harem unique male compared to females. The unique male have several partners for him, while the girls have a single partner that divides his attention with several other people.

While some people are ok with such an uneven relationship, some of the girls in this novel would never accept being treated for less than they are worth. And the uneven set of roles, ultimately, ask for just that.

For example, I can never imagine someone as proud as Sophie letting herself be just one in a dozen for a guy that is not fully giving himself to her. But to create the harem she is just ok? The whole harem scene just discards her whole character creation and renders her a way less interesting character.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
For example, I can never imagine someone as proud as Sophie letting herself be just one in a dozen for a guy that is not fully giving himself to her. But to create the harem she is just ok? The whole harem scene just discards her whole character creation and renders her a way less interesting character.
There's also Nina.
When she finds out that the MC is screwing around with other girls (well Sofia, with that phone call), she gets so upset which initially gives the impression that she doesn't want MC anymore).

Sure, later she says she overreacted, but she goes even beyond that, with this scene;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's like she's forgotten in an instant that she's upset with the MC and is literally bending over backwards saying "I wanna be in your harem."

Even MC is shocked saying "Huh?!" because of such an out of character, U-turn line from her :HideThePain:

A more natural reaction would have been, "I'm not upset with you anymore, but I don't wish to share you with others. So please choose whether you wish to stay with me or fool around with others."

I dunno. I hope I am mistaken, but I'm getting the feeling that Nina wasn't originally supposed to turn out like this, but people who only want full harem complained so much (after that Nina angry scene) that the dev caved to their outcries.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020
The personality of several girls is what is inconsistent.

Harems as the one described in this game create an uneven set of roles for the harem unique male compared to females. The unique male have several partners for him, while the girls have a single partner that divides his attention with several other people.

While some people are ok with such an uneven relationship, some of the girls in this novel would never accept being treated for less than they are worth. And the uneven set of roles, ultimately, ask for just that.

Did you not pay attention? I will admit that it felt rushed but your big point is Sophie? The one who knows you sleep around and is the one i bet that originally had the throuple path. And i have the feeling harem was in a lot longer than people think. I am bad at names so bare with me Zombie path led to doll path that led to ghost. I said before it feels like the dev is trying to cut down paths. LOL Nina was going to get married to someone she hated for the family name so you think joining the mc harem who had a bigger name is out of character. Vampires we have been shown dont have a problem with it. I get people who dont want harem are angry but dont pretend like it doesn't fit. And again i admit it was handled poorly but it doesnt feel like people made the dev change the story but more like a the dev was probably having trouble with paths and making them fit with the main story and needing characters for it. Also harem is not forced.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Did you not pay attention? I will admit that it felt rushed but your big point is Sophie? The one who knows you sleep around and is the one i bet that originally had the throuple path. And i have the feeling harem was in a lot longer than people think. I am bad at names so bare with me Zombie path led to doll path that led to ghost. I said before it feels like the dev is trying to cut down paths. LOL Nina was going to get married to someone she hated for the family name so you think joining the mc harem who had a bigger name is out of character. Vampires we have been shown dont have a problem with it. I get people who dont want harem are angry but dont pretend like it doesn't fit. And again i admit it was handled poorly but it doesnt feel like people made the dev change the story but more like a the dev was probably having trouble with paths and making them fit with the main story and needing characters for it. Also harem is not forced.
Sofia is quite a complicated character.
At least she was until the ambush.
Namely she carried the unbending desire to avenge her boyfriend who was turned into stone and she suspected Lily without evidence. For that reason she accepted MC's help. She was unwilling to accept the dicking MC gave her to "unlock her power" and apologized to the statue of her boyfriend.
Only after that she considered a relationship with MC since the awakening seems to have unlocked sexual desires in Sofia as well.
Thing is the awakening is set to have unlocked Sofias proudness as well. She was "a proud witch" before and after that process she is even more proud and as such does not want to share.

Vampires have not a problem with extramarital sex and strong male vampires have multiple concubines. But not a classical harem.
Rachel before the ambush was a rebellious vampire and basically was against the traditions her species established. That is why she amongst other things wore colorful instead of black outfits.
After the change back to black clothes she basically is OK with the traditions instead ...

Nina was upset to learn that MC helped Sofia and was mad that MC sleeps around. Her character is proud as well, but for her combat prowess and not her magic.
That werewolves have harems came up when the harem whiners got to the dev first in an attempt to satisfy them, but they only grew louder and bolder instead. That is apparently why he implemented the ambush.

The harem is not forced since the option to go solo with one of the girls is still there?
Thing is if MC chooses one of the solo answers he loses every girl, including the one he chose who "needs to trust him again" i.e. has her relationship reset.
And btw. even if there was merely a "Hi" to the other girls in the corridors before ...
The only somewhat positive outcome is the harem answer since MC gets the "need to trust him again" from all the girls instead of outright pissing off two or more of them.

"Harem is not forced because you have the option to select bad outcomes!"

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
May i mention the impact of the ambush is far lower when you really fucked them all because then it makes some sense.
So dont complain about the harem because this is the part that works. Complain about the mono part(s) because there lies some work for the dev to use the gathered relationship points and alter the ambush scene according to them.
The poly encounter works, thats why it annoys the harem fans if you guys complain 10+ pages about it. The different mono encounters (like girls didnt join the ambush because they barel know you or some not sex "i thought we could have something" or whatever) are what you should complain about, better yet, give the dev some solid plan to solve this, be it a variable checker or how the scenes should change accourding to the gathered points...but now, whining, whining, complaining insulting, whining...
And just because its badly made doenst mean the buttons to choose a single girl dont work at all, so maybe click it and watch the development of your choice. At least i hope there will be some, dont want to waste my time with more oldtimers.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Monster College [v0.7.4] Unofficial Android Port + zinacke's WT Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 667Mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

Reactions: Hunter89
Dec 8, 2020
Sofia is quite a complicated character.
At least she was until the ambush.
Namely she carried the unbending desire to avenge her boyfriend who was turned into stone and she suspected Lily without evidence. For that reason she accepted MC's help. She was unwilling to accept the dicking MC gave her to "unlock her power" and apologized to the statue of her boyfriend.
Only after that she considered a relationship with MC since the awakening seems to have unlocked sexual desires in Sofia as well.
Thing is the awakening is set to have unlocked Sofias proudness as well. She was "a proud witch" before and after that process she is even more proud and as such does not want to share.

Vampires have not a problem with extramarital sex and strong male vampires have multiple concubines. But not a classical harem.
Rachel before the ambush was a rebellious vampire and basically was against the traditions her species established. That is why she amongst other things wore colorful instead of black outfits.
After the change back to black clothes she basically is OK with the traditions instead ...

Nina was upset to learn that MC helped Sofia and was mad that MC sleeps around. Her character is proud as well, but for her combat prowess and not her magic.
That werewolves have harems came up when the harem whiners got to the dev first in an attempt to satisfy them, but they only grew louder and bolder instead. That is apparently why he implemented the ambush.

The harem is not forced since the option to go solo with one of the girls is still there?
Thing is if MC chooses one of the solo answers he loses every girl, including the one he chose who "needs to trust him again" i.e. has her relationship reset.
And btw. even if there was merely a "Hi" to the other girls in the corridors before ...
The only somewhat positive outcome is the harem answer since MC gets the "need to trust him again" from all the girls instead of outright pissing off two or more of them.

"Harem is not forced because you have the option to select bad outcomes!"
First again i admit it feels rushed but how do you get the proud witch after the meeting with the dean we barly talk to her and all she said was she understands us still looking into it but wont help. Rachel we can fuck her mom the first date we have with her. And again nina could have just been upset with how she found out. So she can be so proud she will be with a guy she hates for his name but not one she likes in a harem....... If you are going for a solo path why do you care if he loses the other girls? Again i get it felt rushed but if you played all paths it is not like it came out of nowhere. Most of the other characters beside the 3 are all connected to help the zombie you help the doll and doing that starts the ghost path. Most of the characters after we actually start dating we dont see much till the ambush. That is literally right after the ex returns. All we have seen is werewolves have a hyper sex drive so again harem is not out of nowhere. Lol one of the first things we find out is that his grandma slep around on the car ride to the school.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
First again i admit it feels rushed but how do you get the proud witch after the meeting with the dean we barly talk to her and all she said was she understands us still looking into it but wont help.
You have not seen a female in nature it seems.
Because from the very first encounter with Sofia the player can see that she is proud.
In fact she is to proud to ask for his help right away and started a "I bumped into him so I made him apologize!" incident.
There are other encounters as well that give the "proudness vibe", like at the pool party.
Plus that is her reputation at the college.

Rachel we can fuck her mom the first date we have with her.
She explains it herself.
She is chronically underfucked for centuries since her husband (not her harem master mind you) is impotent.

And again nina could have just been upset with how she found out. So she can be so proud she will be with a guy she hates for his name but not one she likes in a harem.......
Alex basically extorted her with the wellbeing of her family.
She had no choice and that point she did not even know that the Wellwood clan has a male heir.

All we have seen is werewolves have a hyper sex drive so again harem is not out of nowhere. Lol one of the first things we find out is that his grandma slep around on the car ride to the school.
No.
All we have seen is that MC if the player chooses has a hyper sex drive.
And we learn that grandma was a bitch.
She slept with a werewolf and birthed a werewolf. She apparently was a human herself.

Reactions: AlexMpog

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
May i mention the impact of the ambush is far lower when you really fucked them all because then it makes some sense.
So dont complain about the harem because this is the part that works. Complain about the mono part(s) because there lies some work for the dev to use the gathered relationship points and alter the ambush scene according to them.
The poly encounter works, thats why it annoys the harem fans if you guys complain 10+ pages about it. The different mono encounters (like girls didnt join the ambush because they barel know you or some not sex "i thought we could have something" or whatever) are what you should complain about, better yet, give the dev some solid plan to solve this, be it a variable checker or how the scenes should change accourding to the gathered points...but now, whining, whining, complaining insulting, whining...
And just because its badly made doenst mean the buttons to choose a single girl dont work at all, so maybe click it and watch the development of your choice. At least i hope there will be some, dont want to waste my time with more oldtimers.
No, it is not the path it makes sense. Just because you keep repeating that will not make it true.

The harem path "literary" fucks on character construction. You are trying to justify characters playing totally out of character simply to justify a path that some people want.

If you go around and make a character, say, super afraid of heights, then don't go and suddently make her go up the Everest out of nowhere like there is almost no problem.

You never addressed this problem on the harem path. You keep saying "the problem is mono". Mono can have its problems, but it is their unbelievable reaction to MC "fuck that, I want you all" that we are explaining why it makes no sense.

And, yes people are complaining. This is a forum. Discussing the novel is what it is about. And you are complaining about people complaining. So you are doing that you are criticizing. Do you know what is the word for people doing what they ask others not to do? Make an educated guess.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Did you not pay attention? I will admit that it felt rushed but your big point is Sophie?
Not a big point. An example.

And sorry, I may not have paid the most attention as I slept 6 hours in the last 48 hours. Not an excuse, just explaning. My bad.

All we have seen is werewolves have a hyper sex drive so again harem is not out of nowhere.
You seem to have missed my main point.

We are not complaning about MC wanting a harem. That does make sense.

What we are complaining it does not make sense is the girls accepting it.

EDIT: or was that line I quoted about Nina? Cause if it was, I missed your point. Again, sorry. Little sleep.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020
You have not seen a female in nature it seems.
Because from the very first encounter with Sofia the player can see that she is proud.
In fact she is to proud to ask for his help right away and started a "I bumped into him so I made him apologize!" incident.
There are other encounters as well that give the "proudness vibe", like at the pool party.
Plus that is her reputation at the college.

She explains it herself.
She is chronically underfucked for centuries since her husband (not her harem master mind you) is impotent.

Alex basically extorted her with the wellbeing of her family.
She had no choice and that point she did not even know that the Wellwood clan has a male heir.

No.
All we have seen is that MC if the player chooses has a hyper sex drive.
And we learn that grandma was a bitch.
She slept with a werewolf and birthed a werewolf. She apparently was a human herself.
Sofia (tsundere) you say proud but could also be that she put walls up after not getting believed about her ex. Being cold to strangers and not trusting has nothing to do with being proud. So we can see it other ways. Nina was with him because her family arranged it and she went along with it so how is this such a big stretch that she would now yet again for her family join the mc in a harem. And yet again the mc sex drive was from the beginning so cant blame that on people wanting harem. Also you have yet to talk about the other character who are all linked and have been so i guess that is harem fans fault as well. I will give you i believe you are right i think the grandma was human. you are so quick to blame harem fans but most of the other characters have been moving in that direction and feels more like harem was added not dev was forced. You are so set that you dont want a harem that you cant see that it is not out of nowhere.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Sofia (tsundere) you say proud but could also be that she put walls up after not getting believed about her ex. Being cold to strangers and not trusting has nothing to do with being proud. So we can see it other ways. Nina was with him because her family arranged it and she went along with it so how is this such a big stretch that she would now yet again for her family join the mc in a harem. And yet again the mc sex drive was from the beginning so cant blame that on people wanting harem. Also you have yet to talk about the other character who are all linked and have been so i guess that is harem fans fault as well. I will give you i believe you are right i think the grandma was human. you are so quick to blame harem fans but most of the other characters have been moving in that direction and feels more like harem was added not dev was forced. You are so set that you dont want a harem that you cant see that it is not out of nowhere.
I like harem games.

What I don't like is when the harem is shoehorned in and existing characters are getting changed to fit into said harem.

And exactly that is happening in this game.

The developer confirmed multiple times that harem was NOT planned in this game, but a "throuple" at best.
To "listen to the fans" he was basically forced to add it in regardless.

The problem is not that MC wants a harem.
The problem is that the girls accept to be in said harem without question and in conflict with their established character.

Dec 8, 2020
Not a big point. An example.

And sorry, I may not have paid the most attention as I slept 6 hours in the last 48 hours. Not an excuse, just explaning. My bad.
All good. And i think we can all agree that the ambush was bad and could of used some easing into. One of the big problems is the forced nature of it that i feel is rubbing people the wrong way. That comes up after you start a actual bf/gf with the main 3 and have not really talked to them. I have a feeling this was a soft reset to bring the other characters in for the main story and rushed it. Feels more to me that it is rushed and not harem fans forcing the dev to change story. Depending on how you played you could see it coming a mile away. And you are right also that on a solo path it is just a mess. Also all i could find is someone said they talked to the dev and they said you could have 2 or 3 together. so plans could have just changed. Also i dont see how the other characters fit well without it they are so tied together.

Reactions: AlexMpog and Ayhsel

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
The thing is, it's not even that I hate harem.
I am actually flexible in multi directions ( whether it's harem, partial harem or solo routes), and so is Ayhsel and others; let's take Once in a Lifetime and Eternum by Caribdis for example (they are two of my favorite games on this site, and which I'm pursuing full harem paths).

That game can be either classified as a full-harem game, or decide who you wanna romance game, as the player sees fit.
But the building foundations of characters are quite different.

With OIAL & Eternum characters, for those two games' MCs, their LIs all were not only attracted to MC but also were friends/family with MC, working together to achieve a goal in stopping evil in terms of the narrative.
And full-harem actually works in those cases cause those LIs through their friends, and trials they face together with the MC was able to build a sort of rapport with one another, especially in the early to mid episodes of the game.
There may be occasional argument or two (sometimes with hilarious effect), but the foundation of the character relationships for these LIs interactions built things up well into what would be perceived as a full-harem that actually makes sense.

But what about this game?

- Lily dislikes Rachel, and especially antagonizes Sofia, given Sofia's boyfriend issue (and vice versa)

- Nina, before the whole ambush situation hears about Sofia from MC's phone (the whole wolf hearing sense), and became upset. She also displayed jealousy in that ambush scene with Rachel and Sofia, not to mention with Anne.

- Both Rachel and Sofia wanted to make their relationship public (not sure such choice was given for Lily and Nina, don't remember lol), which their intention clearly being wanting to pursue MC as a solo relationship.
When a LI asks such a question, there should have been a greater degree of consequence that comes along even if the player chose "not right now" as their option.
Instead that is brushed aside and with the ambush scene, Nina, Rachel, Sofia all resort to "I'm willing to try it if she is." falling like a domino.

So what's gonna happen now? Given the game made U-turns in characterizations in order to force harem upon those 3 LIs, is it gonna have Lily be accepting of harem with Sofia also?
Even after all that bad blood between them (with enough red to form a lake)?

Cause it certainly looks to be heading that way lol.

In the end, if it's a full harem, it has to be consistent with the characterization, relationships (between the LIs themselves, not just MC) building it up as the foundation.
If it doesn't, well it ends up becoming contradictory and inconsistent, not to mention being shoehorned into, which I felt was the case with the recent ambush and forced harem scene.

Last edited:

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Just played it yesterday. Setting is charming and hilarious (the dudes are wholesome lads aside from Alex, who is a pathetic rival with zero danger/agency).

Played with walkthrough mode but even without it there is barely missable content and restrictions. No plotline is dropped which could be worriesome for the further progress of the game. I don't mind leaving several love interest behind to focus more on few others, so I'm wondering about the future content.

The harem stuff was rushed and overwhelming. Nina had one offhandish scene beforehand mentioning how werewolves have harems and next chapter four girls are already on it. The ability to not choose the harem is the saving grace, but it doesn't hinder how clunky the scene was delivered and how inconsistent the girls characterisation became once they suddenly were all for it. If choosing to dismiss the harem option leads to single romances (or what I'm hoping for 2-3 girls fighting for MC), the game is saved, if unelegantly.

Dec 8, 2020
The thing is, it's not even that I hate harem.
I am actually flexible in multi directions ( whether it's harem, partial harem or solo routes), and so is Ayhsel and others; for example let's take Once in a Lifetime and Eternum by Caribdis for example (those two are one of my 2 favorite games on this site, and which I'm pursuing full harem paths).

That game can be either classified as a full-harem game, or decide who you wanna romance game, as the player sees fit.
But the building foundations of characters are quite different.

With OIAL & Eternum characters, for those two games' MCs, their LIs all were not only attracted to MC but also were friends/family with MC, working together to achieve a goal in stopping evil in terms of the narrative.
And full-harem actually works in those cases cause those LIs through their friends, and trials they face together with the MC was able to build a sort of rapport with one another, especially in the early to mid episodes of the game.
There may be occasional argument or two (sometimes with hilarious effect), but the foundation of the character relationships for these LIs interactions built things up well into what would be perceived as a full-harem that actually makes sense.

But what about this game?

- Lily dislikes Rachel, and especially antagonizes Sofia, given Sofia's boyfriend issue (and vice versa)

- Nina, before the whole ambush situation hears about Sofia from MC's phone (the whole wolf hearing sense), and became upset. She also displayed jealousy in that ambush scene with Rachel and Sofia, not to mention with Anne.

- Both Rachel and Sofia wanted to make their relationship public (not sure such choice was given for Lily and Nina, don't remember lol), which their intention clearly being wanting to pursue MC as a solo relationship.
When a LI asks such a question, there should have been a greater degree of consequence that comes along even if the player chose "not right now" as their option.
Instead that is brushed aside and with the ambush scene, Nina, Rachel, Sofia all resort to "I'm willing to try it if she is." falling like a domino.

So what's gonna happen now? Given the game game made U-turns in characterizations in order to force harem upon those 3 LIs, is it gonna have Lily be accepting of harem with Sofia also?
Even after all that bad blood between them (with enough red to form a lake)?

Cause it certainly looks to be heading that way lol.

In the end, if it's a full harem, it has to be consistent with the characterization, relationships (between the LIs themselves, not just MC) building it up as the foundation.
If it doesn't well, it ends up becoming contradictory and inconsistent, not to mention being shoehorned into, which I felt was the case with the recent ambush and forced harem scene.
We keep going back so sofia if we believe the mod it has been in a long time the sofia + lily variable. And mc has the choice to think that it is more to it. lily is a li you think the dev is going to have her be at fault for sofia ex. That would remove her as a li the dean said she would be sent away and i dont see that happening. And nina again could it be she was mad finding out that way about the mc. And again nina was going to be with someone she hated for her family and yes can be jealous trying to be head of the (pack). Jealousy is not that uncommon in the beginning of a harem. People are mistaking rushed and a bad scene for it not fitting but it comes down to how you played. Why does none of the solo fans talk about the others. Nina/Sofia/Rachel are not the only li. Also you could go after them all from the beginning so it is not like it just happened. Let me ask you i didn't play solo so what is the dev going to do if he needs the characters for the main story. I dont think a single person has defended that scene. Was it rushed yes. That scene has more problems than just harem vs solo (anne). Anne felt so forced and out of place.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
We keep going back so sofia if we believe the mod it has been in a a long time the sofia + lily variable.
What's up with that variable?

I love to play them both against each other. Either Sofia is devastated that her current love interest chooses popular sneaky Lily over her again or you humiliate and ruin innocent Lily with spiteful vindicitive Sofia who gloats over it. Both of them are unstable jealous brats and I love it.

Dec 8, 2020
What's up with that variable?

I love to play them both against each other. Either Sofia is devastated that her current love interest chooses popular sneaky Lily over her again or you humiliate and ruin innocent Lily with spiteful vindicitive Sofia who gloats over it. Both of them are unmental jealous brats and I love it.
I have a feeling lily is not at fault. And when the mc find out who it really was that will probably tie into the main plot with the stone some how. Then sofia will have to deal with what she did. Again i dont think the dev is going to remove a li.

OrtaguArmelas

Jun 8, 2017
It sucks seeing the beatiful game is goibg to harem route. Nina was jealous character. Already spoil the game "love you" mechanichs. Game going to story like "Hey I am the only one has a dick bitches"

Reactions: Necronlord5
4.50 star(s) 75 Votes