Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Isn't that what public forums are for? To express yourself about the topic at hand? He didn't go off-topic. He also didn't attack anyone or the game.
Yes and No.

That topic has been discussed to death and back.
There is and was no need to reignite that specific discussion after it finally seemed to be laid to rest.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yes and No.

That topic has been discussed to death and back.
There is and was no need to reignite that specific discussion after it finally seemed to be laid to rest.
New people constantly come in. They can't be arsed to read every post and just post what they feel. That's just how it is. Like it or not, it's going to happen.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
New people constantly come in. They can't be arsed to read every post and just post what they feel. That's just how it is. Like it or not, it's going to happen.
Yes.
And we "just" sent a warning that this topic is a dangerous one in this thread which should be avoided.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I see an opportunity for extortion!!
I promise not to reignite it if the Dev promises to let me change the name Wellwood. Blegh!!
C'mooon! If we can choose the first name, choosing the last shouldn't be hard.
I assume. I know nothing about programming but the logic is sound. Cuz it's my logic.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I promise not to reignite it if the Dev promises to let me change the name Wellwood. Blegh!!
I assume. I know nothing about programming but the logic is sound. Cuz it's my logic.
The surname is heavily tied to the story which is why it can't be changed.

• Angry
Reactions: JukJUKKK

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
There is mention of the name Wellwood dozens of times in the story.
That name is both integral part of the story and in my opinion quite punny.

Well
Wood
=
Good/Nice
Dick

Reactions: InTheWoods

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
There is mention of the name Wellwood dozens of times in the story.
That name is both integral part of the story and in my opinion quite punny.

Well
Wood
=
Good/Nice
Dick
Even his default first name, Peter, is a word variation for a dick. Naming him Richard would continue the double entendre theme. :sneaky:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Even his default first name, Peter, is a word variation for a dick. Naming him Richard would continue the double entendre theme. :sneaky:
The official nicknames for Richard includes Dick, so that would have been obvious and would not "continue the double entendre" as much as you think. The usual struggle would be to NOT call a richard you just met dick.
(Consider this an RL tip, superiors at work often are quite ... allergic to that nickname)
Both the mummy roommate and the succubus secretary would have called him that immediately, though. One does not care and the other wants his dick from the beginning.

The name itself is derived from germanic and translates basically to "strong in rule" though.

The thought process for naming a protagonist usually is a lot more intricate and thorough than many people think.

Reactions: InTheWoods

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
The official nicknames for Richard includes Dick, so that would have been obvious and would not "continue the double entendre" as much as you think. The usual struggle would be to NOT call a richard you just met dick.
(Consider this an RL tip, superiors at work often are quite ... allergic to that nickname)
Both the mummy roommate and the succubus secretary would have called him that immediately, though. One does not care and the other wants his dick from the beginning.

The name itself is derived from germanic and translates basically to "strong in rule" though.

The thought process for naming a protagonist usually is a lot more intricate and thorough than many people think.
William Wellwood seems to roll right off the tongue.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Not sure how the number of times a name is stated impacts anything. Everygame lets you pick a first name and then has that first name mentioned dozens of times. Why would it be any harder with a surname than a given?

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Not sure how the number of times a name is stated impacts anything. Everygame lets you pick a first name and then has that first name mentioned dozens of times. Why would it be any harder with a surname than a given?
Harder?
No.

Makes no sense in the story?
Yes.

For instance in the future MC could be visiting the family mausoleum where at the entrance there is a render proudly presenting "Wellwood" despite you renaming him to "Dick Fuckboi". Keep in mind for Olga he wants to basically visit a cemetery to prove her creator is dead.

There do exist AVN's that let you customize both first and last name but more often than not these are games where the names don't actually mean shit and don't even have a possible consequence.

AlexGabriel

Jun 11, 2021
Good Evening everyone, how often is the game updated?I looked that the last update was in July ! it will be a pity if such a project bends...

medgecko

Jul 26, 2017
Then you're shit at reading dates.

Last update was a couple of weeks ago.
Yeah, there have been several updates since July.......

I mean, it launched mid june or something like that didn't it?
This looks like an alternate interpretation of the date: where we read yr/mo/day other areas/cultures read yr/day/mo (and other variations). I run into it on another forum and it can get really confusing when viewing dated material.

4.50 star(s) 75 Votes