Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Use 7z compression (lossless). The default archives are stored in a way that is not compressed. Compare the earlier Fallen Doll/Paralogue releases which used UnrealPak-ed files which instantly shrunk several hundred MB using 7z instead. :) Will update with a link when done uploading to ZippyShare. Only free one I know and bother with.

Forum rules for sharing should probably be updated with "use 7z where possible" and tips such as to UnrealPak unpack games (and a tutorial on how to derive the AES encryption keys, easy) to unpack them and then compress. Great savings all around.

7z is 360MB packed, 2.4GB unpacked.
Ah, currently packed it to 350MB
1585198424318.png

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Ah, currently packed it to 350MB
Careful what options you use though. You can accidentally require too much memory for some users to unpack. Default is best, usually. Uploaded, see above. :) Have no idea if the way they did filenames will be okay with non-Asian PCs. Might have to be something in memory though I'm assuming for now that it is fine.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Careful what options you use though. You can accidentally require too much memory for some users to unpack. Default is best, usually. Uploaded, see above. :) Have no idea if the way they did filenames will be okay with non-Asian PCs. Might have to be something in memory though I'm assuming for now that it is fine.
Works as intended. Just had to edit the .exe to say 1.11e :p

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Works as intended. Just had to edit the .exe to say 1.11e :p
Glad it works for you. I'm assuming the game isn't broken from the whole encoding issue (ASCII/UTF-8, inherent to the game engine/developers) and that Uncensor and No-Network is working too? Hope the CBAE tool I threw up quickly is usable for anyone who needs it. Going to leave it as an extract-only tool. Some files cannot be removed from the game because there are hardcoded values here and there. Expansion is more than capable, but care needs be taken for any modders. Maybe a link in OP to the reverse-engineered specification I threw up earlier (header, table, data...). ;)

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Glad it works for you. I'm assuming the game isn't broken from the whole encoding issue (ASCII/UTF-8, inherent to the game engine/developers) and that Uncensor and No-Network is working too? Hope the CBAE tool I threw up quickly is usable for anyone who needs it. Going to leave it as an extract-only tool. Some files cannot be removed from the game because there are hardcoded values here and there. Expansion is more than capable, but care needs be taken for any modders. Maybe a link in OP to the reverse-engineered specification I threw up earlier (header, table, data...). ;)
After doing a quick play test, none of the H-Scenes are showing. It should show sex, etc but its not.

I will pick this back up when I get off in the evening tomorrow.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
After doing a quick play test, none of the H-Scenes are showing. It should show sex, etc but its not.

I will pick this back up when I get off in the evening tomorrow.
Any example near the beginning of the game? Not a player so I can't test so easily.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Any example near the beginning of the game? Not a player so I can't test so easily.
Its basically during the tutorial really. You buy your first monster girl and train her. It should show H-Scenes then but it just skips it.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Its basically during the tutorial really. You buy your first monster girl and train her. It should show H-Scenes then but it just skips it.
Is that the same behavior in the censored version? There were technically two variables I saw being modified by the censorship algorithm but I was only certain one needed to be.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
I will make a video or gif when I get home tomorrow. Maybe both need to be changed.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I will make a video or gif when I get home tomorrow. Maybe both need to be changed.
Already tried. It appears the game is unfriendly to non-Asian territories and needs to be ran from archives. Testing stuff out though. Werewolf in Memory spits an error. Going to try to determine what it is given it shows as screwed ASCII. Looks like it can't find the right file. Could also just mean it requires even the _cen files to work because not all files are referenced properly. Will take time, may get to it tonight. (In that case, use original upload but use the steam_api I uploaded to force no-network. Having the uncensored archive will force the game uncensored anyway.)

Edit: Yeah, the Werewolf scene attempts to load badly encoded Japanese file uri which Windows ends up encoding to [Et0001g.tga. Language issue. Locale Emulator may help, not sure, but a lot of headache probably. I'd see if 7z can compress the archives, at which point you'd still be ahead with space and steam_api.

Edit: Okay Windows is doing funny business with the strings in CBAE. Use steam_api for now, I'll rewrite the tool to properly handle the strings since Windows can't handle Japanese's buggy, not-so-properly-encoded strings. This'll take a while, tired.

Last edited:

hilb

Jan 24, 2020
Screenshot_1.png I can't run the game, anyone knows why? It shows me that messages and then stops working

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
@ryanh I managed to figure out what encoding the archive's filenames are in, so I should be able to fix the upload to not use archives and shrink it a bit. shift_jis. Using Locale Emulator (and CBAE updated to handle their encoding), I have all working, including H-scenes. For others, you could try adding a call to setlocale passing LC_ALL ".932" in your build of steam_api.dll (or maybe I could write you a dll that steam_api can call that will do it.) Perhaps Goldberg might be interested in adding a setting to set locale for situations just like this.

Last edited:

skipperno1

Oct 21, 2017
Here is a table for cheat engine that once work in the japanese version, but does NOT now for the steam one. But it has quite a lot of options, so it'd be nice if someone a bit more savvy on cheat engine can figure out what has change and fix it.

Hojamia

Aug 21, 2017
I was playing last night and now this today.
Anyone else had problems? Unwaders.A!ml / Unwaders

4.80 star(s) 137 Votes