Kratmann

Aug 3, 2020
Does someone have a save right before entering the capital? I accidentally deleted the game along with my save..
Real talk tho, how would I make a copy of my save for you?

I’m past Dark Perpetua, beat Sofia to her current stage, and am on the Kotone romance to its current level.

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
People are actually asking for this game to lose its own identity and just become another monster girl quest where you get killed all over? How boring is that!
Who? And anyways, why is that a bad thing? MGQ isn't anything original in itself with game-over rape. It's not even the first monster girl game or the only other monster girl content. It was a niche genre, sure. Still is, to a degree. It just got enough mainstream presence to inspire a shitty kickstarter campaign and several half-assed "games" that died within a few years of their proof of concept.

Back to the point, How would having game-over content make the game "lose its identity" exactly? By incorporating a staple of the genre? What a novel concept! Emphasis on the sarcasm, btw. Incorporating tropes is not a negative. It's poor execution that tarnishes the experience.

And, the recall stone and "retrying indefinitely" feels lazier than creative and unique "bad end" scenarios. The former is easy to design around because it means a lack of consequences will result in an endless gameplay loop and doesn't require any kind of creative writing to "punish" the player. It also denies a the player any kind of agency or stakes since losing just means paying a few thousand eros and getting some debuffs removed.

"Bad end" content is both a completionist reward and a means for players to improve their gameplay so they can skip content they don't want to see and get to the stuff they want. Losing without consequences is like winning without a prize. The experience loses any value the moment you realize there is nothing to be gained or lost.

triplebrc

May 29, 2019
People are actually asking for this game to lose its own identity and just become another monster girl quest where you get killed all over? How boring is that!
Yes, that is totally what people are asking for, game over constantly with every monster girl, all the time, you are totally not a drama queen for instantly jumping to this extreme:geek:

The game does not need bad ends. You having your headcanon for justifying it does not make it something that is needed on this game.
The fact that the developer already implemented one bad ending disproves your statement, also people obviously are interested in having at least a few stakes like bad ends implemented occasionally when it makes sense, the prep work to having more has already been made with the whole soul sucking being mentioned several times, the developer already fully implemented one for losing during a main story battle, more will obviously come as the unknown enemy in the shadows seems to be escalating things further and more brutal succubi are bound to be encountered in the big city, so sorry, but you are in the wrong here.

You may not enjoy that kind of thing but that doesn't mean the game doesn't need it, I surely don't enjoy all of the content this game has to offer, but I do not go around claiming that the game doesn't need that kind of content, because I understand that not every fetish in a game must cater specifically to me.

Jul 22, 2021
Yes, that is totally what people are asking for, game over constantly with every monster girl, all the time, you are totally not a drama queen for instantly jumping to this extreme:geek:

The fact that the developer already implemented one bad ending disproves your statement, also people obviously are interested in having at least a few stakes like bad ends implemented occasionally when it makes sense, the prep work to having more has already been made with the whole soul sucking being mentioned several times, the developer already fully implemented one for losing during a main story battle, more will obviously come as the unknown enemy in the shadows seems to be escalating things further and more brutal succubi are bound to be encountered in the big city, so sorry, but you are in the wrong here.

You may not enjoy that kind of thing but that doesn't mean the game doesn't need it, I surely don't enjoy all of the content this game has to offer, but I do not go around claiming that the game doesn't need that kind of content, because I understand that not every fetish in a game must cater specifically to me.
I think that snippets at a game over for a bad end like with Dark Perpetua would be a great addition as long as it is only for climatic or important scene such as boss battles. Like maybe for the final form (that isn't implemented yet) of that sleepy succubus or whatever her name is.

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Who? And anyways, why is that a bad thing? MGQ isn't anything original in itself with game-over rape. It's not even the first monster girl game or the only other monster girl content. It was a niche genre, sure. Still is, to a degree. It just got enough mainstream presence to inspire a shitty kickstarter campaign and several half-assed "games" that died within a few years of their proof of concept.

Back to the point, How would having game-over content make the game "lose its identity" exactly? By incorporating a staple of the genre? What a novel concept! Emphasis on the sarcasm, btw. Incorporating tropes is not a negative. It's poor execution that tarnishes the experience.

And, the recall stone and "retrying indefinitely" feels lazier than creative and unique "bad end" scenarios. The former is easy to design around because it means a lack of consequences will result in an endless gameplay loop and doesn't require any kind of creative writing to "punish" the player. It also denies a the player any kind of agency or stakes since losing just means paying a few thousand eros and getting some debuffs removed.

"Bad end" content is both a completionist reward and a means for players to improve their gameplay so they can skip content they don't want to see and get to the stuff they want. Losing without consequences is like winning without a prize. The experience loses any value the moment you realize there is nothing to be gained or lost.
The lack of Game Over's allows for character interactions that otherwise would be impossible. The occasional "oh, shit!" one for big story moments like Perpetua is cool but making it a common occurrence would just lead to a ton of content being locked behind a hard fail-state when my favorite part of this game is that you can have relationships with girls outside of one-off bad ends.

May 14, 2020
As I already said, the whole light-hearted nature of this game is for me what makes it more appealing than all the others, despite being into more high-stakes scenarios myself. That said I believe that if implemented correctly actual game-over fights are not necessarily a bad thing for the game, as it allows for much more writing freedom and complexity, as long as they're few and story-related just as they appear to be now. Also multiple times in the game they hints you that the Capital was going to be a real deal, so it was expected things were going to be more serious

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
Not commenting on anything else, it is ridiculous to suggest that it is more difficult to write bad ends than non-bad ends. The former ends the game and makes you reload. The latter can do everything that happens in the bad end and still continue with further developments.

Jul 22, 2021
Lmao how can't you remember the name of one of the hottest MG's in the game
I am HORRIBLE with names, half the time someone introduces themselves to me I have to ask them to repeat it 5 minutes later. I remember all the details of her, the backstory I've learned, and the strategies I used to fight her and would recognize her if I saw the image of her, but not her name.

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
Wet Dreams, a new Femdom and Energy Drain focused mod that adds a new mini-dungeon encounter to the Mystic Forest, is now out! For those interested in dastardly succubi draining all of their energy only. Some restrictions (of your balls) may apply. Please sleep with obsessive succubi responsibly.

Updated to 1.5! Fixed the Dreamcatcher skill not working during the Mistress Shizu encounter. Also added additional content for Mistress Shizu for when she uses her unique mod skills on you at low player health or on player orgasm!

Last edited:

DBG1

Jan 17, 2020
Wet Dreams, a new Femdom and Energy Drain focused mod that adds a new mini-dungeon encounter to the Mystic Forest, is now out! For those interested in dastardly succubi draining all of their energy only. Some restrictions (of your balls) may apply. Please sleep with obsessive succubi responsibly.
Not a bad mod, well done!

4.60 star(s) 80 Votes