BobSamade

Jul 11, 2019
Kotone putting being a decent almost-human-being above her libido, apologizing and fixing her mistake is one of the best parts of the games to me. Its a level of class most similar games just don't have. It takes her from ''nefarious big titty villainess'' to what she actually is; a person with an actual job, not a villain, not a monster who lives purely for pleasure, and not an asshole who puts herself above everyone else thousands of years after this was acceptable even after being called out.
It is her literal day job to man that side of the temple. She's not a villain.
Yeah, she essentially has three layers. Layer one is the temple guardian, level two is a nefarious hypnotist who wants to own your mind and level three is someone who just gets off on MCed partner's and went too far.*

That's cool - you like her for one facet of her personality, I like her for another - namely the third and second layers respectively.

* Btw this third one is only a layer revealed if your responses go a certain way. Answer differently and she remains an unrepentantly gleeful brainwasher.

But if those three layers remain as is, or are expanded upon while staying true to that format, you and I both stay happy.
We don't need to make a major overhaul to her character.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: doomgal

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I'm probably worrying about nothing, but I hope Threshold doesn't go too far when it comes to making every build type balanced to the point where every major build is just as good as the others. Now, I agree that battlefield control was bs, anything like that where you get to go "Fuck you, you don't get your turn" is going to be if not handled right. But I hope the design philosophy around game balance isn't to make everything equal.

Basically, if there's no builds (I'm using build as an intentional direction for your character based on system knowledge, not just any mix of perks and stat points spent) that are better or worse, it kind of kills the depth for any player who isn't still learning the ropes. Since if this happens, the different builds will just be window dressing, with no room to break the game over your knee, or make a weird usually unoptimal build work despite itself.

Obviously we're here primarily for the hot monster girls. But, there's a none too shabby game here, and I don't want every high level character to be just as powerful as any other, since then we have no reason to pick a build beyond what flavor of doing the same thing you want.

D

Deleted member 1816908

I'm probably worrying about nothing, but I hope Threshold doesn't go too far when it comes to making every build type balanced to the point where every major build is just as good as the others. Now, I agree that battlefield control was bs, anything like that where you get to go "Fuck you, you don't get your turn" is going to be if not handled right. But I hope the design philosophy around game balance isn't to make everything equal.

Basically, if there's no builds (I'm using build as an intentional direction for your character based on system knowledge, not just any mix of perks and stat points spent) that are better or worse, it kind of kills the depth for any player who isn't still learning the ropes. Since if this happens, the different builds will just be window dressing, with no room to break the game over your knee, or make a weird usually unoptimal build work despite itself.

Obviously we're here primarily for the hot monster girls. But, there's a none too shabby game here, and I don't want every high level character to be just as powerful as any other, since then we have no reason to pick a build beyond what flavor of doing the same thing you want.
I agree with this. When I started I made a power build (lol) but it kept the game fun and challenging and meant I had to strategised as I learned the ropes, and found ways to make it work. That added to things as the game itself isn't absolutely punishingly difficult and does not require incredibly narrow strats to win, like so many of the genre do (looking at you Bo Wei...). That's part of the big appeal, I can have fun and play casually and not get frustrated or need to restart and rebuild, while still finding the gameplay a challenges.

Reactions: L30

tom342

Apr 22, 2018
This game i really enjoy playing got me hooked right away love the characters and the story with Kotone I understand some people not liking her because of the way she is and that's cool but for me i like her i don't like that she hypnotise the MC but the more you get to know her the more you get to understand why she does that to adventures so for me i like her character because underneath her hypnotise she does what she does because she is scared.

Reactions: doomgal

marut

Mar 20, 2020
Hey, does Aiko have any foot related scenes? If she has them what should i do to see them?

ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
* Btw this third one is only a layer revealed if your responses go a certain way. Answer differently and she remains an unrepentantly gleeful brainwasher.
Then what are you complaining about
You have your option to keep her as a bitch. Does it need to be forced on everyone else to make your dick happy?
Eh, complaining, whining sounds rude.

Last edited:

zekemckillip

Sep 16, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also side note this post is getting too long so I'm gonna stop this part here I have two more posts one about Sofia and another about Kaia.

I would like to add that I do take some value from these points but I will argue against them. (My burning white hot hatred of a thousands suns in now simply one hatred sun ;). ) I simply hope that my counter arguments also offer some value from a different perspective.

Man I hope that is coherent. I don't know how people do long posts, my ADHD just made that take like 30 minutes, and I got lost in my own thoughts like 20 times...

Edit: Ugh... L30's response was way better than mine, and I wish I'd read that before I posted this. Between that and the developer's reply, I feel like I didn't really add anything to the discussion, and would have been better off just saying ditto L30...

Last edited:

doomgal

Jul 2, 2018
First things first I finally leanred how to muti-quote.... Quiver in fear because DOOMGAL GOT AN UPGRADE BABY!

For everyone complaining about Kotone and trying to "fix" her, have you ever stopped for a second and realized that maybe, just MAYBE, Kotone's route is mainly targeting people that actually enjoy and get hard on hypno-slavery? You know, just a crazy thought of mine.
I partially agree and mostly disagree with this statement. If you don't like the content of a character you can mostly just ignore that character and just move on sure, BUT this is a form for question, updates, and DISCUSSIONS! The argument that if you don't like it, don't post about it means that any and all critical forms of discussions about the fetishes/characters in this game, you know the MAIN CONTENT of this game can't happen. Look you can say that you love Kotone just as she is and you wanna know what? I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU! If you want to love Kotone as is go for it, but just because you can love Kotone as is doesn't mean that I can't or shouldn't debate or criticize what I dislike about Kotone. But you wanna know what the best part is? If I had just listened to you and never brought up my disliking points about Kotone I would have never had such great debates or responses by so many members of this community that actually *Gasp* changed my mind!

Kotone putting being a decent almost-human-being above her libido, apologizing and fixing her mistake is one of the best parts of the games to me. Its a level of class most similar games just don't have. It takes her from ''nefarious big titty villainess'' to what she actually is; a person with an actual job, not a villain, not a monster who lives purely for pleasure, and not an asshole who puts herself above everyone else thousands of years after this was acceptable even after being called out.
It is her literal day job to man that side of the temple. She's not a villain.
You wanna know what? I kinda agree with you on these points. I do think that Kotone slightly enjoys her job maybe a bit too much, but I do see that this IS her job and she does have to do it. You raise an interesting point and I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Oh, I certainly enjoy debating and discussing content as well, a brief look through this thread or a visit to MGD's Discord will allow one to see my walls of text scattered all over. Although my activity online has diminished in general as of late due to work being rather busy due to current events, but I digress. As you said, fair points were raised on both sides, so it seemed a fine point to draw the current discussion to a close before it devolved into a back-and-forth argument retreading the same ground. Sure, the debate could still be enjoyable, but it wouldn't serve much of a purpose by that point and would just use time better spent elsewhere. Besides, if I spent all of my limited free time debating a single topic, I wouldn't be able to do any more work on the wiki or anything else I need or want to do. So yes, while it was enjoyable, it reached a fine point to end on for the moment. Now, as for the Will side trials seeming empty...

That may be a little more than brief now that I've finished, but it also illustrates the earlier point of how easy it is to let a healthy discussion get carried away and turn into a continuous, circular debate that has long since served its purpose. Still I hope that you consider these points and enjoy this as well, doomgal.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this at least a little useful.
I do love to consider your points and really do appreciate you continuing to take time out of your life to respond since it is something I enjoy and having someone else who debates with is one of life's small pleasures. As for you points about the Willpower temple I think that's a fair way of considering it and I after some time I have to say I fully agree with you on that. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Yeah, she essentially has three layers. Layer one is the temple guardian, level two is a nefarious hypnotist who wants to own your mind and level three is someone who just gets off on MCed partner's and went too far.*

That's cool - you like her for one facet of her personality, I like her for another - namely the third and second layers respectively.

But if those three layers remain as is, or are expanded upon while staying true to that format, you and I both stay happy.
We don't need to make a major overhaul to her character.
hmmmmmm, So what your saying is that Kitsunes are like Onions? ;0

That's a good point maybe Kotone has more depth than I had considered and I just got caught up in the first 2 layers and forgot to consider the 3rd.

Man I hope that is coherent. I don't know how people do long posts, my ADHD just made that take like 30 minutes, and I got lost in my own thoughts like 20 times...

Edit: Ugh... L30's response was way better than mine, and I wish I'd read that before I posted this. Between that and the developer's reply, I feel like I didn't really add anything to the discussion, and would have been better off just saying ditto L30...
First thing I'd like to say is don't sell yourself so short. You gave a wonderful response, and I'd like to honor that with my own thoughts and changing feelings about Kotone.

That all being said above I actually want to say that again don't sell yourself short. Based on the wonderful discussion I've had and the great points you brought up I think I'm changing my mind on Kotone. I think I'm starting to consider her a character who I like who has flaws and those flaws are things I dislike, but the from my new point of view, thanks to you, I can kinda view her neutrally or with some small liking.

The HATRED SUN for Kotone has finally died.... I still demand access to the KOTONE HATRED CIRCLE JERKS as I still have my year pass and I'm not giving that up juuust yet. ;0

A final note on the don't sell yourself short, but your post was the final one that was the catalyst for my change. I had slightly changed from debating with L30 and others, and was going to just end it at I had decreased my dislike and would remain on opposite sides of the debate but I would respect and admire L30 and others for all the debating we did. You are the one who gave me the final piece for me so I really do appreciate you taking the time to put out that defense. I'd also like to say that it doesn't matter if your defense is better or worse than someone else's imo if you truly feel that way and have an actual argument to make take as long as you need and make it because you may be the one to change someone else's mind just like mine. It's people willing to debate in a community honestly and openly that helps that community thrive so never feel like you shouldn't offer your own argument.

Long post but I had to start fighting L30 for the longest post on MGD at some point, and with my MULTIQUOTE POWERS I SHALL SOON BE UNSTOPPABLE! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

CHEERS!

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
Not sure if its intended or not, but the blessing of sexperience doesn't work on the Tengu sex victory. Its 200 exp either way. But if you defeat her normally its 175 without and 203 with.

Ashidorei

Oct 6, 2018
First things first I finally leanred how to muti-quote.... Quiver in fear because DOOMGAL GOT AN UPGRADE BABY!

I partially agree and mostly disagree with this statement. If you don't like the content of a character you can mostly just ignore that character and just move on sure, BUT this is a form for question, updates, and DISCUSSIONS! The argument that if you don't like it, don't post about it means that any and all critical forms of discussions about the fetishes/characters in this game, you know the MAIN CONTENT of this game can't happen. Look you can say that you love Kotone just as she is and you wanna know what? I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU! If you want to love Kotone as is go for it, but just because you can love Kotone as is doesn't mean that I can't or shouldn't debate or criticize what I dislike about Kotone. But you wanna know what the best part is? If I had just listened to you and never brought up my disliking points about Kotone I would have never had such great debates or responses by so many members of this community that actually *Gasp* changed my mind!
My intention was very far from telling people to shut up their opinions, and I apologize if you understood that from my words. I was rather trying to say that, before any fair criticism is given, it would be appreciated if every single one of us (and I include myself because I might fall on this from time to time) first look at the issue through the right lens, which is the lens of the concept behind the character, and then we give our opinions.

That is my personal take on the issue. And I am honestly getting concerned about her route slowly developing into a vanilla relationship where, in time, there might be nothing left of what initially founded it. Right now, it's in a weird in-between territory where it feels like the author tried to open the route so much to so many different groups, that no one can be fully satisfied.

I hope this lights up the fire for an interesting debate. Cheers to everyone.

Last edited:

zekemckillip

Sep 16, 2019

First thing I'd like to say is don't sell yourself so short. You gave a wonderful response, and I'd like to honor that with my own thoughts and changing feelings about Kotone.

That all being said above I actually want to say that again don't sell yourself short. Based on the wonderful discussion I've had and the great points you brought up I think I'm changing my mind on Kotone. I think I'm starting to consider her a character who I like who has flaws and those flaws are things I dislike, but the from my new point of view, thanks to you, I can kinda view her neutrally or with some small liking.

The HATRED SUN for Kotone has finally died.... I still demand access to the KOTONE HATRED CIRCLE JERKS as I still have my year pass and I'm not giving that up juuust yet. ;0

A final note on the don't sell yourself short, but your post was the final one that was the catalyst for my change. I had slightly changed from debating with L30 and others, and was going to just end it at I had decreased my dislike and would remain on opposite sides of the debate but I would respect and admire L30 and others for all the debating we did. You are the one who gave me the final piece for me so I really do appreciate you taking the time to put out that defense. I'd also like to say that it doesn't matter if your defense is better or worse than someone else's imo if you truly feel that way and have an actual argument to make take as long as you need and make it because you may be the one to change someone else's mind just like mine. It's people willing to debate in a community honestly and openly that helps that community thrive so never feel like you shouldn't offer your own argument.

Thanks. I'm normally more confident, but it's been a long week, the whole COVID-19 thing has my job working us 7 12 hour shifts on, and then 7 days off, which makes it hard to keep up with stuff in the middle of the week, and after reading your response I wanted to respond and didn't really think about the fact that it was almost 4-5 days old, until I got to everyone else's responses, which there'd been a bunch, and that combined with the ADHD and taking 30 minutes, I was feeling like I'd wasted a lot of time beating a horse that, if not dead, was breathing laboriously.

Glad to know that I helped you empathize with Kotone, she's actually really important to me, because, while not a Kitsune, I do have someone in my life who had something very similar happen to her, and... well that's where I'll leave that, but suffice to say, I'm biased on Kotone because I happen to LOVE fluffy tails, and be a white knight.

Reactions: dd777 and L30

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Wow you guys have been talking a lot about Kotone. :D
It's been really fun to read everything.

However

So you're saying you would be a mite bit sad if I were to add more kitsunes and have all of them be hypno based? :unsure:
(this is intended as a joke. XD)

But yeah I too understand the love of fluffy fluff. I just also really like the hypno.

But it may have been mentioned on here before but I do have ideas for other kitsunes, which wouldn't all be hypno focused, that's kotone's thing in regards to kitsunes in a way. But that also leads into the problem of me having A LOT of ideas in general >>

BobSamade

Jul 11, 2019
Then what are you complaining about
You have your option to keep her as a bitch. Does it need to be forced on everyone else to make your dick happy?
Eh, complaining, whining sounds rude.
I'm saying we don't need to change a thing that people like because others want it to be different. A new character could be added for the tastes that they like (if the game's creator is so inclined).

Also, don't be an asshole.

BobSamade

Jul 11, 2019
Wow you guys have been talking a lot about Kotone. :D
It's been really fun to read everything.

However

So you're saying you would be a mite bit sad if I were to add more kitsunes and have all of them be hypno based? :unsure:
(this is intended as a joke. XD)

But yeah I too understand the love of fluffy fluff. I just also really like the hypno.

But it may have been mentioned on here before but I do have ideas for other kitsunes, which wouldn't all be hypno focused, that's kotone's thing in regards to kitsunes in a way. But that also leads into the problem of me having A LOT of ideas in general >>
Dude! Your hypno content in this game is the best bit!

As a femdom hypno fan, this game is the game I wanted Monster Girl Quest to be...

EDIT: No, people who don't like hypno, that doesn't mean I think that kink should be a primary focus, or to the detriment of other tastes - just that the stuff that is in there is done really well.

RemiliaScarlett

Aug 18, 2018
ThresholdMG TBH I'm not explicitly a hypno fan, but I like commandeering girls or when they talk dirty (when they get all descriptive and stuff) and hypno is an extension of that so I actually like it (By that I mean that it's more the words of the girl that I like, rather than the effect it has on the protagonist, like she could be saying the same lines without any hypno effect and I would still enjoy it). The added "motion" on the hypno content is a great addon though ("look at my Boobs, my Boobs are amazing, give them a lick, mhh it tastes just like raisins")
also

(still Remilia will always be my N°1 waifu)

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes