sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
The
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is more time-consuming than anticipated. Current ETA is for the end of the week.
That's some careful planning, to have timed this for an Easter release :unsure:

I'll be throwing an all-you-can eat hare stew party with rabbit feet-giveaway on that day - the day when chocobunny is wrapped up! and Thres can finally focus on content I would appreciate :p

• Haha
Reactions: L30 and decker2

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
Look, I'm just being an imp-partial boobserver here:
the other imps are just jealous of her great tits...
vili best girl, i defend my waifu:cool:

she just wants a friend to play puff puff games with :love:

also
The update won't be done by today, according to Threshold's posts on his Discord. The Venefica fight is more time-consuming than anticipated. Current ETA is for the end of the week.
this better be true cause im lvl 100 and i can definitely take that bunny:cool:
doesn't matter if she is the most powerful bunny witch in the world:sneaky:
i will knead these choco tits dry:p

also i already knew we get to fight venefica eventually:

Last edited:
  • I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: sandsea_urchin
Dec 10, 2019
Get the latest version. I'm still using 23.5b and the imps den fight also bugs for me:

In case you are using 23.5f, you are referring to the "MoreImps" scene.
If you still experience this, be sure to tell on which device you're playing - PC/MAC/Android.
Thanks. It looks like I am still playing 23.5c. I will get 23.5f and see if that fixes it. I'm playing on PC.

For me, I finished the first run of the dungeon, came back to explore, picked imp den event, beat them all at once, fucked them after the fight and napped with them, then woke up and got the option
Ye but I don't get a chance to fuck them after the fight.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
That's some careful planning, to have timed this for an Easter release :unsure:
I would most certainly not call it careful planning at this point... >>

I mean, the original plan was to have the whole thing done last year's easter, or a week or two after. That is not at all what happened. xD
I def wanted it done this month but the stuff is taking a while.

Am happy to be making proper progress again in full though. :D

Dec 3, 2017
this better be true cause im lvl 100

Actually things brings up a question I had, about if there are any plans for some sort of potential "level drain" system in the future? Right now, I know there's a few players out there like decker2 here who've been grinding away to levels wayyyyy higher than players would normally be at when they reach the current content in a normal playthrough. Could be a neat system to help overleveled players adjust the difficulty by lowering their level and overall strength through an in game method. I think I remember a story hook about helping Trisha grow/mature into a regular succubus instead of a lesser succubus, so maybe there's something there? Maybe something similar to how romancing Mika worked by giving her Eros, but in this case its EXP/levels.

I know there's the whole reincarnation system planned for the future, and I don't know how the game would keep track of perks and stat distribution if levels keep bouncing up and down though. Or if there's any lore issues that'd conflict with this idea.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Actually things brings up a question I had, about if there are any plans for some sort of potential "level drain" system in the future? Right now, I know there's a few players out there like decker2 here who've been grinding away to levels wayyyyy higher than players would normally be at when they reach the current content in a normal playthrough. Could be a neat system to help overleveled players adjust the difficulty by lowering their level and overall strength through an in game method. I think I remember a story hook about helping Trisha grow/mature into a regular succubus instead of a lesser succubus, so maybe there's something there? Maybe something similar to how romancing Mika worked by giving her Eros, but in this case its EXP/levels.

I know there's the whole reincarnation system planned for the future, and I don't know how the game would keep track of perks and stat distribution if levels keep bouncing up and down though. Or if there's any lore issues that'd conflict with this idea.
I think level draining is intended to be added in the future. Normally, I could adjust the difficult from the start (I remember you can choose the difficulty) or pay for respect (resets all stats, sensivity and perks adquired, but not those gained through story and routes). The problem is, respect value increases according to times you buy it, so it's not like you would buy them forever. That said, I'm not sure how level draining will affect stats and perks so I'll wait until Thres joins the topic or add it to the game.

FaekNaem

Jan 17, 2020
Hi, I just started the game and have been loving it but I was hoping for a bit of general build advice as despite being level 31 now I'm pretty much helpless against the various lizards in the caverns who are apparently half that. There's no defending my current setup, as it has a dip in every pool and zero specialization but I've been messing around with respeccing and haven't been able to find something workable yet. I saw that the meta, at least a couple months ago, was to focus two stats, with spare points into health and will, but that hasn't been going well, though admittedly I haven't had much time to test. If nothing else I feel like I'm almost forced into speccing technique to protect against and escape grapples and stances because those are a surefire way to get wrecked. I've tried using Distract since Allure is just barely my highest stat right now but it isn't consistent and burning 15 energy and my turn to try and get out of a losing position isn't where I want to be.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Apologies for the lack of responses everyone, work is still rather busy but conditions are improving slowly but steadily.

I also noticed that there seem to be some sort of a bug? After loading the game I get event broke! message when I try to continue the game and I am returned to town. Nothing game breaking, it showed up after I load save and do something, like picking a choice or after I finish the battle, if I load the game during it. Dunno if this is relevant, but maybe time has something to do with it - last time I played was in december 2020 and all saves seem to suffer from this problem, while I don't remember that being the case when I was playing back then. But saves from today that I used to capture these screenshots are fine. I won't touch them for some time and will see if problem occurs again.
As Facha1234 stated that error will occur when you load saves from an older version in any location other than the Town, preferably the Town Square. Saves are compatible between updates, but underlying changes can cause errors, if not break saves, if you try to use a save from any other location than the Town when updating to the latest version. So, if you do not have a save in Town when a new update is released, I'd recommend finishing your current adventure run or visit with a lovely lady, return to Town, save, and then update to the latest version. If not, your saves may break one update and you'll have to start over again.

I do hope that you find this informative, intelpentiuminside.

Just want to say I love the game! It reminds me so much of all the best parts of MGQ and VH. I'm curious how far you are going to go with including certain fetishes for instance are you going to add more monstrous girls our adorable cave dweller or any futa girls? I'd love to see like a futa succubus or something to make use of the butt sensitivity. Regardless great game!
There will almost certainly be more monstrous girls. The Technique Dungeon, which is likely the Pyramid out in the Desert or some other location in that region, is populated with Nihltet's experiments. The mention of said experiments causes Himika to blanch and both Mizuko and Himika to shudder. So we can expect more monstrous and/or creepy characters to at least be present in that location. It is also worth noting that Amy is an experimental creation of Nihltet as well, so if that's any indication of the direction of her research, those who love eldritch, horror, and/or more monstrous girls will likely be delighted by that location.

As for futa, that and M/M content are on the content blacklist. Not to say it can't be in-game given the possibility of modding, just that it will not be official content. There has been some chatter in the past of mods to add futa and M/M content, but none of those have borne fruit yet. As with any other mod, once one is released, I'll be certain to announce it here during one of my update news posts.

The closest you'll get to such content in game officially is pegging as Catherine and Jora feature tail-pegging while Blue Slimes can also peg you with their slime. The latter will either ask if you Ass sensitivity is at normal or lower levels while they'll assume you'll enjoy it and just proceed with the action if you Ass sensitivity is high. There is also sounding content with Perpetua as the Red Slime will enter your penis and stimulate you from within if you lose to her outside of a Sex stance.

I do hope that this is a satisfactory answer to your questions, ItoMomo.

No news about update?
A great deal of progress is being made on the update but as the scope of the update has increased, the release day is being pushed back. Current hopes are to have it ready around this upcoming weekend, but no hard or definitive release dates. It is looking like it will be an increasingly rich update however as one of Venefica's combat moves is essentially a scene in and of itself as it clocked in at around 1,700 words.

While the estimated release dates being missed may be disappointing, the reason for the delay is ultimately a boon, at least to those who enjoy Venefica's content, as she is receiving even more content as a result.

I'll have a detailed update news section towards the end of this post if you're curious, SlimeCrow.

Are there any plans to let the player formalize their harem at some point? Like getting a house/room and moving in with the girls for instance instead of always having to go visit them in the dungeons/wild.

A lot of the girls already express interest in the idea either of outright being a member of the player's harem or being their wife, so it would be nice to actually actualize it. You could tie it to progression in a way too where depending on the player's strength they're able to support/satisfy X amount of girls, so that you can't just amass all the girls you've met at once.
There has been chatter of player housing and having at least some of the girls move in with the player in the future. But this content is likely a very low priority and something for the distant future, if not towards the end of the game. So, yes, there are nebulous plans for such a feature, but it is not something for the near future and I couldn't even begin to guess when it may make an appearance.

While this may not exactly be the answer you hoped to hear, I do hope that this answers your question, Prototype909.

May I ask for a savefile that I can directly fight kotone plz?
Kotone does not have a fight currently. Threshold would like to add a fight to her content at some point in the future, but there is no telling exactly when this would be. As Kotone has the most content in the game, she has currently been placed in the sad kitsune jail, but Threshold does have plans for more content for her in the future. It's just that the rest of the game needs content as well and the main story certainly needs to advance in order to facilitate new areas and even more characters and stories. As much as I would enjoy more Kotone content and helping her grow her seventh, eighth, and ninth tails, MGD is Monster Girl Dreams and not Mofu Girl Dreams.

That said, once Kotone can be fought, it would probably be a bad idea to attempt to fight her while you're her Hypno Slave, unless you've succeeded in her challenge and obtained her love and blessing but not her trust. Fighting her with Hypno Lover or without Hypno Slave would likely be unimpeded but it wouldn't be surprising if she just pulled an おすわり (Sit) and turned you into her sandals or chair if you tried to fight her with Hypno Slave without clearing her challenge due to all of the triggers she has placed in your mind.

I do hope that this is an adequate answer to your question, 1208steve.

is there any eta on the next update ?
As Oluap has stated, and thank you very much for that, the ETA for the update is being pushed back to the end of this week. It was planned to be ready by the end of the month but Venefica receiving more content is resulting in the update sliding back a few days. Current hopes are for the end of the week, which will have Venefica ready for Easter, but this is just a tentative release date and is subject to change.

I'll delve into more information on the update in the following update news section of this post if you're curious about some of the content on the way, Bacher.

Level drain is a planned feature to arrive in the future, Threshold actually laid out the foundations and prepared for it during the big balance update by adding trackers for how stat points are spent. It is technically present already during a loss scene to Sofia as she'll drain all of your levels and stats before teasing you about eating your last remaining trait, your soul, if you lose to her in a Sex stance. However, as all of your levels and stats don't do anything for her, suggesting she is capped in everything already, Sofia gives everything back. So we're just waiting on either an enemy or unique encounter that will feature the mechanic and actually drain and keep the levels rather than draining them and giving them back just to prove a point. Discussions in the past hinted towards an NPC in the Capital that will offer level drain as a "service", but I couldn't say if or when this character would appear.

I do hope that this answers your question, thrownawayburger.

Hi, I just started the game and have been loving it but I was hoping for a bit of general build advice as despite being level 31 now I'm pretty much helpless against the various lizards in the caverns who are apparently half that. There's no defending my current setup, as it has a dip in every pool and zero specialization but I've been messing around with respeccing and haven't been able to find something workable yet. I saw that the meta, at least a couple months ago, was to focus two stats, with spare points into health and will, but that hasn't been going well, though admittedly I haven't had much time to test. If nothing else I feel like I'm almost forced into speccing technique to protect against and escape grapples and stances because those are a surefire way to get wrecked. I've tried using Distract since Allure is just barely my highest stat right now but it isn't consistent and burning 15 energy and my turn to try and get out of a losing position isn't where I want to be.
Two general stat specializations is largely the meta or if you grind and overlevel, generalist builds with a little in everything and one or two higher stats open up. The strongest meta build at the moment is Technique/Allure and the second strongest is probably Technique/Intelligence which largely emulates the old Technique/Willpower meta build before Willpower was split into Intelligence and Willpower. You'll certainly want to have at least one primary offensive attribute as one of the two, so either Power, Technique, Intelligence, or Allure. A little weaker but perhaps more flexible build would be a three attribute build with one or two primary offensive attributes and then either Willpower or Luck. If you opt for just one primary offensive attribute and then both Willpower and Luck for defense and general boosts, be aware that Intelligence, while flexible, makes almost all of your attacks magic based which can come back to bite you if you fight a magic resistance opponent.

It is certainly worth raising an attribute to 20, or 40, to unlock the higher tier skills especially on Intelligence considering the sheer utility the attribute has or Technique for general physical offensive coverage. If you opt for Allure, then obtaining the supporting perks is just as, if not more important, than the skills as Allure's perks can increase the scaling of the attribute and your recoil damage, allowing you to do more damage in general and cause monster girls to defeat themselves when attacking you.

Now all that said, the Salarisi are an abnormally high bar to face in the Caverns without proper preparations due to their status effects and tactics. While tuning up your build may help some, your issue could also be rooted in your gear. as well If you are being paralyzed too easily and often, you may need to swap out either your runes, accessory, or both. Equipping a Fairy Circle Ring and/or one or more Fae Moon Runes can mitigate the threat paralysis poses. Both can be bought from Amber since you have cleared the Will-Power Temple. Additionally, if you have not already obtained them, seek out event perks from the girls you like, if they currently have a relationship perk, or help Belle at the Inn with preparing recipes in Town as those meals also grants perks, although you can only equip one of them at a time. Obtaining Venereae's Blessings from donations at the Church can also help make you more durable as well as unlocking the Divine Power Shop. Said shop also has a blessing to help you find Selena the Nymph in the Mystic Forest without needing to pass a Luck check, allowing you to obtain another event perk albeit with a few drawbacks.

I do hope that this advice, while somewhat generalized, is helpful, FaekNaem.

Before I move on to the update news, I come bearing gifts. For those fans of the eldritch and monster girls of a somewhat different nature, here are a pair of signatures for Amy. I made these as another player on Discord was looking for an Amy signature. I will say that the two are largely the same, one was my first attempt while the second is a more playful improvement after a little feedback.

I do hope that anyone hoping for an Amy signature here enjoys at least one of these. Now as for the update news, there is both good news and bad news. The good news, Threshold has been inspired and Venefica appears to be receiving a fair amount of content. The bad news is that Threshold is inspired and the update is moving back to sometime around this coming weekend at the earliest as Threshold brings so many ideas to life. Now, Threshold may not implement every idea now in order to deliver the update more quickly, and if anything was not added, it will likely be put off to far in the future if it is something more substantial much like an update to Kotone. Now, it is possible that something smaller could arrive alongside any bugfixes to follow this update, but that is not guaranteed.

What sort of content has Threshold been working on you may be wondering? Well, other than dialogue with Venefica, there are two fights with Venefica on the way. One will be a more... manageable encounter that is mandatory to resolve Elly's investigation questline while the second will be a full-power encounter with Venefica. Did I also mention that there is a teaser on Patreon as a part of the status update for what can best be described as Obsidian Venefica? Because that's another part of the update to look forward to.

As for content created since my last update news post, there have been two icons teased:

Threshold added an IfHasPerk option to the ChangeStatCheckDifficulty function. They have ideas for allowing Venefica's perks to interact with the battle and stat checks, likely making the battle more difficult, but those may not make it in for the current release. So Venefica's perks could be detrimental if that feature makes it in to this update or if that portion is applied during a bugfix or smaller update like a balance update for Venefica's fight before efforts shift over to Labyrinth development. So far in the fight Venefica has around 6 to 8 nonstance battle elements, so skills and combat events used outside of stances. She has at least 3 stances as well as very text heavy skills and combat events but Threshold did state that they had two more stances that they really wanted to add. One combat event clocks in over 800 words and another clocks in over 1,500 words.

Overall, she has at least 16 skills but this count can further increase in the coming days as Threshold has around 6 to 8 more skills related to one of her mechanics that Threshold would like to add. 6 of her skills are Sex skills with 2 always available and the other 4 dependent upon secondary stances in order to be used. One of her skills is named Bunny Blitz, so if you were hoping for Venefica to aggressively hop towards you, or on you, it sounds like that wish will be granted. After another one of her event skills were added, Venefica's file is becoming ever larger and is at over 1,750 lines already. As I mentioned earlier, one of her skills is essentially a scene in and of itself as one of the latest skills added to Venefica has over 1,700 words of text. It's also apparently something a little different, so it may be a little more niche content. Then there's another combat event that clocked in over 600 words.

For Venefica's stances, I can confirm she'll have a footjob stance, so lovers of feet content rejoice. She also will not have a blowjob stance, so no using Venefica's ears for leverage as you take advantage of the stance to facefuck her. As for the bare minimum remaining, there is more dialogue, orgasm lines, loss scenes, bugtesting the whole fight and flow of the event, the aftermath for winning the fights, and making a few things repeatable as a part of the aftermath. There could be other additional content as well, this is just the essentials needed for the update to be able to be finished. Threshold also fixed an interesting bug that popped up while developing Venefica, it did require some time to fix but it was cleared up. Finally, for the dialogue handled thus far for the fight, all of the lines for Venefica's attacks are finished as well as a few other assorted lines, but she still needs all of her lines for receiving attacks made by the player, lines for escaping stances, orgasm lines, and other assorted lines of dialogue.

I do hope that everyone interested in this update information finds this at least a little useful.

Now as for modding news, Grinnvalesti has released an update to The Moaning Forest. So if you are looking forward to more dates with a lovely elf, be sure to check out this update to the mod. The changelog for The Moaning Forest v0.55 can be viewed in the following spoiler.

The Moaning Forest v0.55 can be directly downloaded from Discord .

Ambient Waves is working on a mod to slowly expand and add on to the Town via their Town Expansion Project Mod. This mod is in a very early alpha and quite barebones at the moment. The first addition to the Town this mod brings is a cafe that can be found in the Adventurer's Guild. Ambient Waves is hoping for feedback on the mod and as I noted earlier, this is a very early alpha of the mod, so be warned that there could be bugs. If you'd like to share feedback directly, I have a link to MGD's Discord in my signature or if you post feedback here, I can share it the next time I have a little free time and check the thread. It is highly recommended to read the included readme file for more information on the mod if you'd like to give it a try.

The Town Expansion Project 0.0.0.0.0.1 Alpha AF can be directly downloaded from Discord .

I do hope that everyone interested in this modding news finds this at least a little helpful.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
Actually things brings up a question I had, about if there are any plans for some sort of potential "level drain" system in the future? Right now, I know there's a few players out there like decker2 here who've been grinding away to levels wayyyyy higher than players would normally be at when they reach the current content in a normal playthrough.
i'm not grinding i just like to refight the girls and mess with their tits also regular sex and headpat:p
i also like to fight the oni twins and go through vilis trial of titties a lot:love:

but there are others who abuse the girls for exp by literally whipping the shit out of them:cautious:
they even just one hit the girls... so mean:mad:

also if the girls get to weak there is another way:
you can just edit their states by putting their json file (found in: game/jason/monsters) there

i do that to give the girls more spirit and arousal so the fight last longer;)
you can even increase the number that appear on encounter
but that's best for mob girls like the minotaur or alraune...
i don't need that for vili cause she already spams clones so nice of her:love:

Last edited:
Reactions: S3ri4l

Aflac

Jul 16, 2018
Is it possible for mobile to make the little arrow buttons bigger when exploring a previously explored area? The tiny buttons to select how many enemies/events are so small I can't tap them.
So uh, is this possible in a future update or something? Nobody responded.

S3ri4l

Jun 7, 2020
Apologies for the lack of responses everyone, work is still rather busy but conditions are improving slowly but steadily.

As Facha1234 stated that error will occur when you load saves from an older version in any location other than the Town, preferably the Town Square. Saves are compatible between updates, but underlying changes can cause errors, if not break saves, if you try to use a save from any other location than the Town when updating to the latest version. So, if you do not have a save in Town when a new update is released, I'd recommend finishing your current adventure run or visit with a lovely lady, return to Town, save, and then update to the latest version. If not, your saves may break one update and you'll have to start over again.

I do hope that you find this informative, intelpentiuminside.

There will almost certainly be more monstrous girls. The Technique Dungeon, which is likely the Pyramid out in the Desert or some other location in that region, is populated with Nihltet's experiments. The mention of said experiments causes Himika to blanch and both Mizuko and Himika to shudder. So we can expect more monstrous and/or creepy characters to at least be present in that location. It is also worth noting that Amy is an experimental creation of Nihltet as well, so if that's any indication of the direction of her research, those who love eldritch, horror, and/or more monstrous girls will likely be delighted by that location.

As for futa, that and M/M content are on the content blacklist. Not to say it can't be in-game given the possibility of modding, just that it will not be official content. There has been some chatter in the past of mods to add futa and M/M content, but none of those have borne fruit yet. As with any other mod, once one is released, I'll be certain to announce it here during one of my update news posts.

The closest you'll get to such content in game officially is pegging as Catherine and Jora feature tail-pegging while Blue Slimes can also peg you with their slime. The latter will either ask if you Ass sensitivity is at normal or lower levels while they'll assume you'll enjoy it and just proceed with the action if you Ass sensitivity is high. There is also sounding content with Perpetua as the Red Slime will enter your penis and stimulate you from within if you lose to her outside of a Sex stance.

I do hope that this is a satisfactory answer to your questions, ItoMomo.

A great deal of progress is being made on the update but as the scope of the update has increased, the release day is being pushed back. Current hopes are to have it ready around this upcoming weekend, but no hard or definitive release dates. It is looking like it will be an increasingly rich update however as one of Venefica's combat moves is essentially a scene in and of itself as it clocked in at around 1,700 words.

While the estimated release dates being missed may be disappointing, the reason for the delay is ultimately a boon, at least to those who enjoy Venefica's content, as she is receiving even more content as a result.

I'll have a detailed update news section towards the end of this post if you're curious, SlimeCrow.

There has been chatter of player housing and having at least some of the girls move in with the player in the future. But this content is likely a very low priority and something for the distant future, if not towards the end of the game. So, yes, there are nebulous plans for such a feature, but it is not something for the near future and I couldn't even begin to guess when it may make an appearance.

While this may not exactly be the answer you hoped to hear, I do hope that this answers your question, Prototype909.

Kotone does not have a fight currently. Threshold would like to add a fight to her content at some point in the future, but there is no telling exactly when this would be. As Kotone has the most content in the game, she has currently been placed in the sad kitsune jail, but Threshold does have plans for more content for her in the future. It's just that the rest of the game needs content as well and the main story certainly needs to advance in order to facilitate new areas and even more characters and stories. As much as I would enjoy more Kotone content and helping her grow her seventh, eighth, and ninth tails, MGD is Monster Girl Dreams and not Mofu Girl Dreams.

That said, once Kotone can be fought, it would probably be a bad idea to attempt to fight her while you're her Hypno Slave, unless you've succeeded in her challenge and obtained her love and blessing but not her trust. Fighting her with Hypno Lover or without Hypno Slave would likely be unimpeded but it wouldn't be surprising if she just pulled an おすわり (Sit) and turned you into her sandals or chair if you tried to fight her with Hypno Slave without clearing her challenge due to all of the triggers she has placed in your mind.

I do hope that this is an adequate answer to your question, 1208steve.

As Oluap has stated, and thank you very much for that, the ETA for the update is being pushed back to the end of this week. It was planned to be ready by the end of the month but Venefica receiving more content is resulting in the update sliding back a few days. Current hopes are for the end of the week, which will have Venefica ready for Easter, but this is just a tentative release date and is subject to change.

I'll delve into more information on the update in the following update news section of this post if you're curious about some of the content on the way, Bacher.

Level drain is a planned feature to arrive in the future, Threshold actually laid out the foundations and prepared for it during the big balance update by adding trackers for how stat points are spent. It is technically present already during a loss scene to Sofia as she'll drain all of your levels and stats before teasing you about eating your last remaining trait, your soul, if you lose to her in a Sex stance. However, as all of your levels and stats don't do anything for her, suggesting she is capped in everything already, Sofia gives everything back. So we're just waiting on either an enemy or unique encounter that will feature the mechanic and actually drain and keep the levels rather than draining them and giving them back just to prove a point. Discussions in the past hinted towards an NPC in the Capital that will offer level drain as a "service", but I couldn't say if or when this character would appear.

I do hope that this answers your question, thrownawayburger.

Two general stat specializations is largely the meta or if you grind and overlevel, generalist builds with a little in everything and one or two higher stats open up. The strongest meta build at the moment is Technique/Allure and the second strongest is probably Technique/Intelligence which largely emulates the old Technique/Willpower meta build before Willpower was split into Intelligence and Willpower. You'll certainly want to have at least one primary offensive attribute as one of the two, so either Power, Technique, Intelligence, or Allure. A little weaker but perhaps more flexible build would be a three attribute build with one or two primary offensive attributes and then either Willpower or Luck. If you opt for just one primary offensive attribute and then both Willpower and Luck for defense and general boosts, be aware that Intelligence, while flexible, makes almost all of your attacks magic based which can come back to bite you if you fight a magic resistance opponent.

It is certainly worth raising an attribute to 20, or 40, to unlock the higher tier skills especially on Intelligence considering the sheer utility the attribute has or Technique for general physical offensive coverage. If you opt for Allure, then obtaining the supporting perks is just as, if not more important, than the skills as Allure's perks can increase the scaling of the attribute and your recoil damage, allowing you to do more damage in general and cause monster girls to defeat themselves when attacking you.

Now all that said, the Salarisi are an abnormally high bar to face in the Caverns without proper preparations due to their status effects and tactics. While tuning up your build may help some, your issue could also be rooted in your gear. as well If you are being paralyzed too easily and often, you may need to swap out either your runes, accessory, or both. Equipping a Fairy Circle Ring and/or one or more Fae Moon Runes can mitigate the threat paralysis poses. Both can be bought from Amber since you have cleared the Will-Power Temple. Additionally, if you have not already obtained them, seek out event perks from the girls you like, if they currently have a relationship perk, or help Belle at the Inn with preparing recipes in Town as those meals also grants perks, although you can only equip one of them at a time. Obtaining Venereae's Blessings from donations at the Church can also help make you more durable as well as unlocking the Divine Power Shop. Said shop also has a blessing to help you find Selena the Nymph in the Mystic Forest without needing to pass a Luck check, allowing you to obtain another event perk albeit with a few drawbacks.

I do hope that this advice, while somewhat generalized, is helpful, FaekNaem.

Before I move on to the update news, I come bearing gifts. For those fans of the eldritch and monster girls of a somewhat different nature, here are a pair of signatures for Amy. I made these as another player on Discord was looking for an Amy signature. I will say that the two are largely the same, one was my first attempt while the second is a more playful improvement after a little feedback.

I do hope that anyone hoping for an Amy signature here enjoys at least one of these. Now as for the update news, there is both good news and bad news. The good news, Threshold has been inspired and Venefica appears to be receiving a fair amount of content. The bad news is that Threshold is inspired and the update is moving back to sometime around this coming weekend at the earliest as Threshold brings so many ideas to life. Now, Threshold may not implement every idea now in order to deliver the update more quickly, and if anything was not added, it will likely be put off to far in the future if it is something more substantial much like an update to Kotone. Now, it is possible that something smaller could arrive alongside any bugfixes to follow this update, but that is not guaranteed.

What sort of content has Threshold been working on you may be wondering? Well, other than dialogue with Venefica, there are two fights with Venefica on the way. One will be a more... manageable encounter that is mandatory to resolve Elly's investigation questline while the second will be a full-power encounter with Venefica. Did I also mention that there is a teaser on Patreon as a part of the status update for what can best be described as Obsidian Venefica? Because that's another part of the update to look forward to.

As for content created since my last update news post, there have been two icons teased:

Threshold added an IfHasPerk option to the ChangeStatCheckDifficulty function. They have ideas for allowing Venefica's perks to interact with the battle and stat checks, likely making the battle more difficult, but those may not make it in for the current release. So Venefica's perks could be detrimental if that feature makes it in to this update or if that portion is applied during a bugfix or smaller update like a balance update for Venefica's fight before efforts shift over to Labyrinth development. So far in the fight Venefica has around 6 to 8 nonstance battle elements, so skills and combat events used outside of stances. She has at least 3 stances as well as very text heavy skills and combat events but Threshold did state that they had two more stances that they really wanted to add. One combat event clocks in over 800 words and another clocks in over 1,500 words.

Overall, she has at least 16 skills but this count can further increase in the coming days as Threshold has around 6 to 8 more skills related to one of her mechanics that Threshold would like to add. 6 of her skills are Sex skills with 2 always available and the other 4 dependent upon secondary stances in order to be used. One of her skills is named Bunny Blitz, so if you were hoping for Venefica to aggressively hop towards you, or on you, it sounds like that wish will be granted. After another one of her event skills were added, Venefica's file is becoming ever larger and is at over 1,750 lines already. As I mentioned earlier, one of her skills is essentially a scene in and of itself as one of the latest skills added to Venefica has over 1,700 words of text. It's also apparently something a little different, so it may be a little more niche content. Then there's another combat event that clocked in over 600 words.

For Venefica's stances, I can confirm she'll have a footjob stance, so lovers of feet content rejoice. She also will not have a blowjob stance, so no using Venefica's ears for leverage as you take advantage of the stance to facefuck her. As for the bare minimum remaining, there is more dialogue, orgasm lines, loss scenes, bugtesting the whole fight and flow of the event, the aftermath for winning the fights, and making a few things repeatable as a part of the aftermath. There could be other additional content as well, this is just the essentials needed for the update to be able to be finished. Threshold also fixed an interesting bug that popped up while developing Venefica, it did require some time to fix but it was cleared up. Finally, for the dialogue handled thus far for the fight, all of the lines for Venefica's attacks are finished as well as a few other assorted lines, but she still needs all of her lines for receiving attacks made by the player, lines for escaping stances, orgasm lines, and other assorted lines of dialogue.

I do hope that everyone interested in this update information finds this at least a little useful.

Now as for modding news, Grinnvalesti has released an update to The Moaning Forest. So if you are looking forward to more dates with a lovely elf, be sure to check out this update to the mod. The changelog for The Moaning Forest v0.55 can be viewed in the following spoiler.

The Moaning Forest v0.55 can be directly downloaded from Discord .

Ambient Waves is working on a mod to slowly expand and add on to the Town via their Town Expansion Project Mod. This mod is in a very early alpha and quite barebones at the moment. The first addition to the Town this mod brings is a cafe that can be found in the Adventurer's Guild. Ambient Waves is hoping for feedback on the mod and as I noted earlier, this is a very early alpha of the mod, so be warned that there could be bugs. If you'd like to share feedback directly, I have a link to MGD's Discord in my signature or if you post feedback here, I can share it the next time I have a little free time and check the thread. It is highly recommended to read the included readme file for more information on the mod if you'd like to give it a try.

The Town Expansion Project 0.0.0.0.0.1 Alpha AF can be directly downloaded from Discord .

I do hope that everyone interested in this modding news finds this at least a little helpful.
Thanks for the info! So next update will be mainly Venefica's? I hope it'll include more femdom and foot fetish content :)

Reactions: L30

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Since those lizards can paralyze you, buy some gear and potions from the shop to solve that problem. Another way is using bonding net on one of them if there are 2 lizards attacking you, so you can try defeat the other while the first struggles. Most of the time you'll have to roll check, so technique is important (as L30 said).

Dec 3, 2017
I do hope that this answers your question, @thrownawayburger.
Yep, that it does! Thanks for being great as always, L30. Wishing you the best of luck at work as well, things are rough out there.

also if the girls get to weak there is another way:
you can just edit their states by putting their json file (found in: game/jason/monsters) there

Yeah, I know about doing stuff like that through editing the game files. I was specifically talking about in-game ways to adjust difficulty/player stats, both in terms of simplicity for those who aren't comfortable/willing to directly change the game files or for simply more flavorful methods like level drain like how its done in games like Lilith in Nightmare or Succubus Tower/Tamer/etc.

• Red Heart

S3ri4l

Jun 7, 2020
but there are others who abuse the girls for exp by literally whipping the shit out of them:cautious:
they're even just one hit the girls... so mean:mad:
I read the "so mean" part with Pinkie Pie's voice, am I going mad or something?

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I read the "so mean" part with Pinkie Pie's voice, am I going mad or something?
Nah, probably not?
I'm using Eric Cartman's voice to sub him myself, with good results

Hi, I just started the game and have been loving it but I was hoping for a bit of general build advice
Distract and Allure were nerfed, and now on par with the rest.
In my opinion:
- INT is the best offensive stat
- WIL is the safest stat
- STR and TEC can be around half of the former
- Allure and Luck can be overlooked, for the most part
The most important factor are perks. Study their requirements, and specialize in a specific target/body part, choosing your stats accordingly.
I'd recommend a balanced build so you don't miss out on the crunchy bits, when you fail rolls.

I'm level 87, going with a balanced build, but had to respec WIL to zero (now -3 somehow) as I was missing too much content (and it made lovely Trisha sad :cry:). Breasts were my attack priority (they have the most boosting perks) and I focused on Dynamo/foreplay (great regen perks there).
But just focus on what you like most; the game's quite well-balanced rn, there's a perk path for about any preference/fancy you might have.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes