destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I joined just before the Venefica fight update, but damn progress seems to be slow on this game, no offense. Is it in a slump right now or was this always the pace, veteran patreon dudes?

Oct 26, 2017
VNs take a lot longer to write and bugfix, check the changelog and you'll see Threshold has been pretty active.
I heard good things about this game. About how long does it take to 100 percent it?
Depends on what you define by 100% LoveHurts, if you mean breezing to the part where Threshold kindly tells you that unfortunately, this is where it ends, and take the most direct route, you can do it in ~30 minutes or less but that's not really how you are supposed to play.

Since it's a VN, if you pay a lot of attention to the dialogue and take the detours (they are worth it) as well as experience all the funny events, you can easily play for 10+ hours without even taking the grind into account. And if you don't like grinding, developer mode (or simply turn on the console if you feel like that's overkill) will just fix that.

I recommend the Easy level for your first playthrough unless you plan to get your ass kicked regularly or go full Solaire. :)

tldr: Been playing this for a few years and Threshold updates faster than I get to see new things/changes. I'm slow though and miss a lot of stuff on my playthroughs so your mileage may vary.

Additional info:
Console commands and common variables (note that some variables have been repurposed so just check the rpy files if something goes wrong)
Full developer mode
For games that use RPA (spaces are important, do not use tabs), create an options.rpy file yourself in /game/:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Disabling autosaves (to delete saves manually, just press Del while ingame so this properly wipes saves from all folders)

Soratorukun

Apr 6, 2021

This advice is a little generic, but I do hope that it aids you on your quest to best Nicci in combat, Soratorukun.

wanna hear something funny, I just beat her yesterday with an accessory that gave me 5 spirits. probably too cheesy but at least I did it, I was playing with one spirit and it was, like, impossible

Reactions: L30

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I was playing with one spirit and it was, like, impossible
Well duh. Would you play Resident Evil with just one bullet? You've have to polish your knife skills. A lot.

The two MCs I created had all their points min/maxed into Spirit. With Threshold being a multiple orgasm enthusiast, this saved me from the holy water shower more than once.

• Haha
Reactions: Nevart and L30
Aug 4, 2019
I recommend the Easy level for your first playthrough unless you plan to get your ass kicked regularly or go full Solaire. :)
Eh, I played on hard my first playthrough and I don't regret it, would have been kinda boring on lower difficulty. The fights are pretty straightforward outside of some tough bosses that you have to strategize around, just analyze and attack a weakness for the most part. As long as you aren't memeing with like a low arousal max fetish 1 spirit build, it's not that bad. I'd recommend at least normal unless you don't care about gameplay, besides losing sometimes and getting raped by monster girls is half the fun

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
Eh, I played on hard my first playthrough and I don't regret it, would have been kinda boring on lower difficulty. The fights are pretty straightforward outside of some tough bosses that you have to strategize around, just analyze and attack a weakness for the most part. As long as you aren't memeing with like a low arousal max fetish 1 spirit build, it's not that bad. I'd recommend at least normal unless you don't care about gameplay, besides losing sometimes and getting raped by monster girls is half the fun
You play on hard? You're such a trash! True gamers play only on Super Duper Cock And Ball Torture Mega Drive difficulty. If you're not getting raped in the ass you're not even playing the game. git gud, noob.:p:p:p

Last edited:
  • Haha

Oct 26, 2017
Fair point, we all have our own playstyles, heh.
I just kind of get used to playing everything at the lowest difficulty level to test things much faster. :p

(And since you can have tons of leftover stat points, you can still gimp yourself without ruining your build.)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I generally play on easy so that I can have some control over whether I win or lose depending on what I'm more in the mood for that day. The game is one of few that I can think of that has such good writing for both maledom and femdom scenes. I particularly like the ones that are a mix of both, like Tabitha's slutty scenes or that group of elves that throw the aphrodisiac party.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I tend to roll with easy on this one. Mostly because the few encounters/bosses where what you do or bring to a fight matter, don't really get easier with bigger numbers unless you are absurdly over leveled. For everything else, higher starting numbers just cuts down on the grind.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Depends on how much/how fast you read dialogue, and how efficiently you play. I'd guess around 15 hours or so for a new player taking their time to see everything and learn how to play (my saves don't seem to show playtime).

VNs take a lot longer to write and bugfix, check the changelog and you'll see Threshold has been pretty active.Depends on what you define by 100% LoveHurts, if you mean breezing to the part where Threshold kindly tells you that unfortunately, this is where it ends, and take the most direct route, you can do it in ~30 minutes or less but that's not really how you are supposed to play.

Since it's a VN, if you pay a lot of attention to the dialogue and take the detours (they are worth it) as well as experience all the funny events, you can easily play for 10+ hours without even taking the grind into account. And if you don't like grinding, developer mode (or simply turn on the console if you feel like that's overkill) will just fix that.

tldr: Been playing this for a few years and Threshold updates faster than I get to see new things/changes. I'm slow though and miss a lot of stuff on my playthroughs so your mileage may vary.

Additional info:
Console commands and common variables (note that some variables have been repurposed so just check the rpy files if something goes wrong)
Full developer mode
For games that use RPA (spaces are important, do not use tabs), create an options.rpy file yourself in /game/:
Disabling autosaves (to delete saves manually, just press Del while ingame so this properly wipes saves from all folders)
Thank you both for your responces. I think I will set aside some time this weekend to dedicate to playing this.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
I generally play on easy so that I can have some control over whether I win or lose depending on what I'm more in the mood for that day. The game is one of few that I can think of that has such good writing for both maledom and femdom scenes. I particularly like the ones that are a mix of both, like Tabitha's slutty scenes or that group of elves that throw the aphrodisiac party.
Group of elves the throw an aphro party? I don't think I have encountered or discovered that yet. Would you mind telling me on how I encounter it?

Maeror Ignis

Sep 21, 2020
Group of elves the throw an aphro party? I don't think I have encountered or discovered that yet. Would you mind telling me on how I encounter it?
Pretty sure it's an event when working at the whorehouse tavern. I think you get it from working as a waiter, but don't quote me on that.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Pretty sure it's an event when working at the whorehouse tavern. I think you get it from working as a waiter, but don't quote me on that.
Yes, you get it by working as a waiter. You might get it if you work the bar too, there are some scenes that can happen if you're doing either, but it's definitely a waiter scene.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes