Soratorukun

Apr 6, 2021
Well duh. Would you play Resident Evil with just one bullet? You've have to polish your knife skills. A lot.

The two MCs I created had all their points min/maxed into Spirit. With Threshold being a multiple orgasm enthusiast, this saved me from the holy water shower more than once.
that's true yeah, but I didn't really get the point of all the stats until I started playing and figured a bunch of things about the gameplay, then I realized how foolish I was to play with one spirt lmao. well, I'm still having fun, in the end it's not frustrating at all for me, the game is hella fun

Reactions: Nevart and L30

Oct 26, 2017
that's true yeah, but I didn't really get the point of all the stats until I started playing and figured a bunch of things about the gameplay, then I realized how foolish I was to play with one spirt lmao. well, I'm still having fun, in the end it's not frustrating at all for me, the game is hella fun
Playing with one spirit actually isn't complete doom for fighting playstyle, but if you're also dooming yourself on stat checks with really bad core stats, even the traps in quests could pose a problem... (And unless I'm mistaken, even super high resistances and arousal pools won't be enough, if you fail the rolls and fail to break out of them you're stuck until you cum.)

Threshold's actually been fair with saving throws, though they do tend to be more forgiving in the late game (due to how a D&D roll typically works). The "autosuccess/autofail" (1 and 20, 1 and 100) suggestion thing wasn't all that bad as it's just a 1% chance with 1d100 and a 5% chance with 1d20 and also allows lucky people (or RNG save/reload abusers, though honestly, when there's the console, that's a lot of effort) to undoom their wrecked build without having to worry about cheating.

This certainly beats the "you are already dead" approach where you cannot do anything regardless of your build without actually cheating or reloading a previous save. Though some players do like this (being fucked and having to restart), so I respect the opinion. :p

What I like most in the game is how Threshold took the time to directly reveal the base effects so we game mechanics maniacs can actually mostly focus on the dialogue for a change. Which is a great thing for a Ren'py game.

edit: 5 minutes to check my typos? F95 please! (Just kidding.)

Last edited:
Reactions: L30

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
5 minutes to check my typos? F95 please! (Just kidding.)
No need, you're good. No one noticed "super high resistances and arousal pools" :oops:
And you can edit your post next year, if you wished to.

There's also the other extreme(soratorukun's avatar is from one) where you have to try hard to actually lose. Poor balance, rushed work or lazy devs, etc.
MGD's is a right spot: you can win, you can lose, but things're pretty fair. Threshold doesn't prod you either way. Even Vivian doesn't. Or not too often. Ven was an exception but you can finally kick her chocobutt now.
You also have room to customize your MC with a bunch of fetishes to make the game more immersive and/or competive. More enjoyable, in short.

Hopefully, the slump/feature creep is now history, and soon we'll get a new area populated with whatever Threshold pleases! (so he'd also have the same fun developing as we have playing :p)

Soratorukun

Apr 6, 2021
I'm back with another question, I just lost against Vili and I got the Vili's Titty Slave perk. I thought talking with her and asking her to remove the curse would have done it, but after doing so and checking my stats, the perk was still there. Dunno what's wrong, now when I ask Vili she says that she didn't put any curse on me, and the perk's still there. What am I supposed to do?

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
I'm back with another question, I just lost against Vili and I got the Vili's Titty Slave perk. I thought talking with her and asking her to remove the curse would have done it, but after doing so and checking my stats, the perk was still there. Dunno what's wrong, now when I ask Vili she says that she didn't put any curse on me, and the perk's still there. What am I supposed to do?
Load a save and don't lose.:p

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
You're probably confusing the perk. There are two of them:
- the curse (which you get automatically when you start the trial. It makes you autolose to Vili if you've fooled around too much)
- the titty slave (you get it when you lose) - edit: it doesn't show in your stats
If you have any issue, go see her in Sofia's Domain. There are separate options to remove her not-so wise "gifts". I you have both, and ask the curse removed (2nd option) she'll mention you're still her titty slaveboi.
The third option will remove the slave perk.
(1st option should be about her Gift - it might not be here if you never kicked her perkimp ass)

Last edited:

Soratorukun

Apr 6, 2021
Load a save and don't lose.:p
I'm still lower level, I'll do that another time >>
You're probably confusing the perk. There are two of them:
- the curse (which you get automatically when you start the trial. It makes you autolose to Vili if you've fooled around too much)
- the titty slave (you get it when you lose)
If you have any issue, go see her in Sofia's Domain. There are separate options to remove her not-so wise "gifts". I you have both, and ask the curse removed (2nd option) she'll mention you're still her titty slaveboi.
The third option will remove the slave perk.
(1st option should be about her Gift - it might not be here if you never kicked her perkimp ass)
mmh I see, I knew there were two different perks she could give you, and simply thought the losing perk was the curse, guess I'll try that, thank you!

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
mmh I see, I knew there were two different perks she could give you, and simply thought the losing perk was the curse, guess I'll try that, thank you!
No, the curse is completely different. It's a hidden value like the other addictions, gained when you give in to Vili's traps in her challenge. I'm not sure if it gets boosted when you encounter them as part of a normal dungeon run, but I assume so.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Vili has gifted you some of her grand power! It's just a shame she isn't very wise...
Threshold! you now know there's a market for Vili-brand merchandise: oppai mousepads, oppai pillows, 4½-feet high life-size! blow-up doll, and the list goes on! (and please don't :LOL: I'd totally buy the Vili keychain and mini plushie tho)

Last edited:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Anyone knows or is working on a scene replay or gallery mod?
Yes. It's called MGD, developed by Threshold.
You click the forest, add elves. Then you click 'super surrender'. If you reaaally want to choose a specific scene, unlike a good sub, then you wait for the elf to blow you/fuck you/kiss you before you click 'super surrender'.
And if you're a text/code fetishist, you splooge into/onto /game/Json :whistle:
edit: the game was the gallery all along! <Dio meme goes here>

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dd777

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Hello everyone, apologies for the lack of news, information, and responses as per usual. Still dealing with a relatively high amount of cases but the numbers on average are steadily declining and there have been fewer losses fortunately. So let's hope that this trend continues.

so only 4 Hellhound sisters and possible traveler in the labyrinth?
thats not mutch...
was hoping for more unique monster girls that only appear in labyrinths:cry:

could it be that the labyrinth is more of a long hallway with 4 doors that need some kind of id check:unsure:
(but we only have 2 sigils) maybe there are only 2 doors with 2 guard dogs each:unsure:
also i think the 4. sister could be a 3 headed kind:unsure:
The story run of the Labyrinth will only be the 4 Guardians, the potential traveler encounters will only be available when exploring the Labyrinth after clearing it and will be an Exploration Deck with options comprised of generics found in other areas. So that will just be like a normal exploration of some other area, just with whichever generics you choose from all across Lucidia instead. However, while it is just four characters for the story encounter, that can be far more content than you realize as these are four NPCs with the potential to be fleshed out.

While I'm not saying that they'll start with, or even necessarily receive, as much content as characters like Sofia, Kotone, or Venefica, they are unique characters and can be fleshed out with their own story arcs, potential romantic sub-plots, and the like. We can already build our progress/affection with Beris by satisfying her needs and engaging with her during the nighttime hours at the bar in Town after all.

As for the structure of the Labyrinth, it is unlikely to be something so simple as just a long hallway given Labyrinth implies a maze of some form or another. Additionally, given the recommendations from Elena of running from the encounters and Beris' stats including 99 Spirit currently, the standard approach to combat on Lucidia likely will not be the intended method to clear the dungeon either. If anything, it could be closer to stealthily exploring Venefica's house what with wandering through the Labyrinth and attempting to evade detection.

Finally, we have an idea as to what three of the sisters look like. We have Beris text description in game, we have comments from Threshold about the first sister being more of a traditional Hellhound and is likely well-endowed and lactating based on Beris' comments during the Milk Farm roleplay, and we can see Ushris' art asset teaser on Patreon and she is a cute but incredibly smug Witchhound. The fourth sister is a mystery and Threshold will not reveal anything about her.

I do hope that this provides you with a better idea of what we may encounter in the Labyrinth, decker2.

Ah, Stella. I was already using some bootleg art I had been gifted with.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll be looking forward MGD's version all the same!
Thanks for the scrumptious amount of info, of more than a little usefulness - as always!
For the MGD version of Stella, I can safely say that ADOPOLICH really drew from the imagery evoked by her name. If I had to encapsulate her look in a few words, then I'd say that she has the appearance of a glitterbomb in human form with a star motif in her design. Then ADOPOLICH being responsible for art of characters like Aiko and Mimi Bed-chan should give you more information with which to form a better idea of her appearance. That art you're using is a cute stand-in for now.

I do hope that this gives you even more to work with and look forward to with regards to Stella's art, sandsea_urchin.

Gotta say, I really enjoy this game. Hope we do get more Aiko content though.
We will probably receive more Aiko content sometime in the future. Threshold has expressed the desire to add more content to all of the characters, that is the unique NPCs, but it is more a question of time than anything. Given the number of characters in the game and the need to move the story along to avoid entering a type of development hell, it is more just waiting for the character in question to be chosen to receive a content expansion. Some characters like Stella and Camilla have been waiting for expansions since their introduction as an example, but with time, everyone should hopefully receive more content. So it's just a matter of patiently waiting for the day to arrive when it is her turn to receive a content update.

While this may be potentially disappointing, I do hope that this is an adequate answer to your hopes and desires for future Aiko content, ColinL4D2.

what kind of monster girl is Stella and whats her story?
As Globglogabgalab69 stated, and thank you very much for that, Stella is the bag mimic that you can encounter if a Mimic encounter is triggered when finding valuables. As for her story, no idea as we know nothing about her beyond the fact that she is a mimic that mimics a pouch of valuable items rather than a treasure chest like the other mimics. So she is a blank canvas as far as we know that Threshold can develop in any potential direction. I know that there were discussions of potentially recruiting Stella and taking her with us, but I'm not certain if that will be the ultimate direction taken with her or if that content would be a part of her first content update.

I do hope that this is a satisfactory answer to your question, lewdbender.

I joined just before the Venefica fight update, but damn progress seems to be slow on this game, no offense. Is it in a slump right now or was this always the pace, veteran patreon dudes?
The past few months have not been the norm for development as Threshold burned out. They had maintained a rather frenetic pace of delivering a notable amount of new content every month with however many bugfixes were required to stabilize the build for a few years. Sometimes they even included a few extra minor content releases alongside those major releases as well such as adding new art or a new scene or two along with bugfixes and typo corrections.

In this post here, I chronicled many of the notable changelogs for about a year but even that was not really exhaustive enough to cover all of the balance changes and bugfixing that occurred as I did not delve into that level of granular detail. Last year the game received a series of major updates to its overall health and longevity as game balance and foundations of the game like the NPC system were reworked or improved upon. Work that was necessary and would have resulted in an ever-growing workload the longer it was put off.

So overall, no progress was not always at a rate like this. Hopefully, as Threshold recovers, development will have a pace closer to the past but slowed enough where Threshold can rest and relax enough as well in order to avoid burning out again. As far as I'm concerned, A happy and healthy developer producing content at a steady and sustainable pace is far more preferable than one driving theirself into the ground to push out content at a quicker pace for a period time.

I do that this addresses your question in full, destroyerofassholes.

Additional info:
Console commands and common variables (note that some variables have been repurposed so just check the rpy files if something goes wrong)
Full developer mode
For games that use RPA (spaces are important, do not use tabs), create an options.rpy file yourself in /game/:
Disabling autosaves (to delete saves manually, just press Del while ingame so this properly wipes saves from all folders)
As a quick note, for future reference with regards to the console, this on the wiki is more up to date and comprehensive with regards to manipulating the game and your character.

Just wanted to share this in the event you were not aware such a page existed, 262177.

Fingers crossed Tabitha gets some art in the near future. She's my favorite of the characters without any currently.
Tabitha's art was teased at the end of last year. Jiffic, the artist responsible for characters like Sofia, Shizu, and the Oni Twins created her art. However, there are a few more elements that are being worked on yet before her art is ready for implementation into the game. Sometimes art takes time to implement into the game, like the Succubi Campers had their art teased as each one was completed but they were not implemented until they were all ready to be added to the game. Relatedly, Kotone's art was also teased well ahead of time when compared to when her art assets were implemented but that was due to needing an entire update doing essentially nothing but adding her art due to the amount of content she had. So Tabitha had her art assets available for a preview, it's just now a question of waiting for everything to come together so that they can be implemented.

I do hope that this gives you a little hope as to seeing Tabitha's art and can make the wait a little more bearable, SSDiamond.

Mari the Butterfly mod is really good, any hope it will get more content?
Ya tbh Mari should just be added as a base game character, like Gren was
I think it is still technically incomplete though. Pretty sure it’s still being worked on but not sure if they will keep updating or not (besides keeping it up to date with main game).
I really hope, she's my favourite girl as of now (I just beat the mountain boss, so dunno how much stuff there is that I have to see yet)
Epickark is currently working on an expansion to Mari which should complete her content. Their next projects are going to be a Treacherous Swamp and a Spooky Mansion which I'll elaborate upon down in the modding news section of this post. It shouldn't be too long until Mari is complete, but I couldn't provide an exact window as to when she will be finished. Just know that an update is being worked on and that it will be the completion of Mari's content.

I do hope that this is enough information with regards to Mari's future update, NotSlimShady, Globglogabgalab69, and slimyboi.

wanna hear something funny, I just beat her yesterday with an accessory that gave me 5 spirits. probably too cheesy but at least I did it, I was playing with one spirit and it was, like, impossible
Ah, I did suspect that your Spirit may have been an issue. That's why I included a few methods to bolster your Spirit in that advice. One Spirit builds are not impossible, but they can be challenging if you do not know what you're doing.

As for content after the Mountain, there is still the Will-Power Temple and the Caverns as far as main story content is concerned. However, there is also plenty of side content such the side quests such as the Mountain Quests to meet Jora and the Succubi Campers as well as exploring relationships with the various characters. MGD's can help you find content you may have missed. For example, if you are a submissive and would like to be someone's pet, equip any proper collar accessory, so any collar other than Mika's Collar as it is technically a bracelet, and then go meet with Sofia. You may be in for a surprise.

I do hope that this can help you find more content to enjoy in MGD and that you also found the Mari information helpful, Soratorukun.

Anyone knows or is working on a scene replay or gallery mod?
At this point in time, no there is no gallery or scene replay mod or system being developed. The majority of the content in the game is repeatable, so it was not viewed as something worth the time and effort to create at this point in time. The only unique erotic scenes that can be missed at this time are the loss scenes to Perpetua, but even that should be remedied once we reach the point in the story where we can reliably find her.

While it may be disappointing, I do hope that this is an adequate answer to your question, ReefKoras.

Now as for the update news, Threshold has been working on the color shifting system which could be of use once CGs start making their way into the game. There were some issues with making the image refresh dynamically to show active changes without having to click a refresh button but making it function to change colors of silhouettes seems to have been a smooth process overall. Threshold was able to make a live color editing system work in the end though. So the appearance color shifter system will be in the Options menu for testing for people to try out in the next update. So that's another piece of the foundation laid to support CGs once they start to make their way into the game.

Other than this, there have been some small changes and bugfixes. One notable change is that GetEventAndIfChoiceIs being changed to GetEventAndIfChoice for consistency which should help Threshold stop typing in the wrong thing and causing needless issues. Modders will have to update their mods with this change, so any mods you use may need to be updated to keep functioning with this update as well. So if your mods break, be sure to be on the lookout for updates to the mods you use.

Other notable changes include Aiko now getting properly naked when you cuddle her and Bed-chan at the same time; Manticore Spikes now being usable while your opponent is restrained; and running away is now done in turn by initiative, with a massive bonus to going first. This allows Monstergirl counters to actually affect your attempt to run away as it says in the modding docs. Finally, it is now possible to click and drag any scroll bar by clicking/tapping in the box and moving up or down, do note that this doesnt work if you hit any buttons inside the box. This should aid in menu navigation on Android especially. So long as you tap right of the combat menu as you drag it will move the most recently opened menu. Special thanks to Noeru for assisting with this.

I do hope that everyone interested in this update information finds this at least a little useful.

Now as for modding news, as you may have noticed above, Mari will be receiving an update but I couldn't say exactly when as of yet. Just know that she is nearing completion. Once Mari is complete, Epickark will begin work on their next project. They have two more mods that they'd like to develop and will work on one of the following first and then the other. The mods are the Treacherous Swamp and the Spooky Mansion, the following spoilers will contain a brief synopsis for each mod.

Both ideas sound quite wonderful and given the quality of Epickark's work on Mari, I'm certain both will be an enjoyable experience as well. As for other modding news, there have been notable developments and a few mod releases.

Firstly, Epickark released a very small side project mod that adds gear to slow and/or prevent your ability to level up. For those who would like to attempt very low level builds, perhaps even a Level 1 build, or prevent overleveling after clearing the story content currently available, then look no further than the Level Seal mod. The changelog for the mod is as follows:

Level Seal v1 can be directly downloaded from MGD's Discord .

The second new mod is Secret Grotto by Dioretshan / Nahsteroid. Secret Grotto adds a new romanceable Monstergirl to the Mystic Forest as well as a new Rune, two new Accessories, and at least 2 new skills. The first release did not include much of a changelog but the version 1.5 update has some information.

If the Secret Grotto is of interest to you, then you can download Secret Grotto v1.5 directly from MGD's Discord .

This final mod may be of interest to you, GearlessJoe. Darthsawyer, the creator of MGD's Dark Souls inspired Difficulty Code Mod, Prepare to Cum Edition, has created a new content mod. Their new mod is simply titled Steppy. Steppy v1 is currently a small mod that adds feet based moves and dialogue to the Elves of the Mystic Forest. Darthsawyer has plans to expand upon this mod as time allows in order to add more moves and dialogue to other characters in the game that do not currently use feet focused skills and the footjob stance in combat.

Steppy v1 can be directly downloaded from MGD's Discord .

I do hope that everyone interested in Mari's upcoming update as well as these three new mods find this at least a little helpful.

Last edited:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
For the MGD version of Stella, I can safely say that ADOPOLICH really drew from the imagery evoked by her name. If I had to encapsulate her look in a few
Ah ah, I was kidding. The eponymous version of Stella, from an old game, which I once thought Threshold was referring to, is bratty, fond of sweets and of turning people into plushies. Which was fitting, somewhat?

Incidentally, I would remind players that a 'credits' item is in the main menu of the game. Check it out now and then! (William is barely ever mentioned here. WE LUV U William! Many thanks! :love:)

I also appreciate the fact, Threshold keeps commissioning art for every girl to have her own sprite! As obvious as it seems now (since there are that many unrelated requests) it wasn't so 3 years ago :coffee:

I'll definitely check out the mods . Looking forward the next update, as well!

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
As for the structure of the Labyrinth, it is unlikely to be something so simple as just a long hallway given Labyrinth implies a maze of some form or another.
That's actually something of a problem with the myth; while the Minotaur being trapped in the labyrinth at Knossos implies that it was a complicated maze, whenever the Greeks or Romans actually drew a labyrinth it was invariably unicursal (i.e. non-branching). See more at .

Soratorukun

Apr 6, 2021
Ah, I did suspect that your Spirit may have been an issue. That's why I included a few methods to bolster your Spirit in that advice. One Spirit builds are not impossible, but they can be challenging if you do not know what you're doing.

As for content after the Mountain, there is still the Will-Power Temple and the Caverns as far as main story content is concerned. However, there is also plenty of side content such the side quests such as the Mountain Quests to meet Jora and the Succubi Campers as well as exploring relationships with the various characters. MGD's can help you find content you may have missed. For example, if you are a submissive and would like to be someone's pet, equip any proper collar accessory, so any collar other than Mika's Collar as it is technically a bracelet, and then go meet with Sofia. You may be in for a surprise.

I do hope that this can help you find more content to enjoy in MGD and that you also found the Mari information helpful, Soratorukun.
well thank you man, I was already constantly checking the wiki, that's really well done. Now I'm level 51 and I'm basically done with the will-power temple, but damn that boss fight the the two oni is so hard I can't beat them atm, I got the nymph perk since the last time I tried to beat them but I don't know how much it will help me, why you gotta debuff me like that dear Kotone?
well anyway, I met the awesome succubus trio on the mountain (would love to see something more with Catherine, maybe I just want to get stepped on idk) and Jora (how can she be so lovely omg, she's one of my absolute favourites), I unlocked the cave and I'm looking forward to it. About the rest of the content, yeah this game has really a lot of stuff, still have to properly finish even a single romance relationship, just discovered like two hours ago that my dear Elly had a couple of scenes while helping her with some experiments, so so cool, would love to see more of her too but yeah anyway. this game is so cool lmao, I'm going crazy for it
about Mari, can't say much other than POGGERS, and I wonder, will she ever be implemented in the game like Gren did? like, are there any plans about adding mods to the base game or was Gren an exception?

Reactions: Nevart and L30

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
That's actually something of a problem with the myth; while the Minotaur being trapped in the labyrinth at Knossos implies that it was a complicated maze, whenever the Greeks or Romans actually drew a labyrinth it was invariably unicursal (i.e. non-branching). See more at .
yes a labyrinth is also very different from a maze
a labyrinth path always leads to an exit while a maze has many dead ends:geek:
and since this labyrinth serves as a gateway to the capital
with many travelers and commuter that work there
i doubt they build it so that people get lost there...

it makes more sense that the hellhound sisters are simply watch dogs for the 2 gates
one gate for the caverns exit and the other one for the capital entrance
and adventurer also need to have the 2 first sigils to pass the gates:WeSmart:
although thres could add gargoyle girls along the path or some other extra guards...

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes