Ilya11111

Jul 1, 2018
Ilya11111 basically covered it, but if you require a little more assistance, I have actually written a few rough outlines for Kotone's post-challenge content. One such post can be found here, and you may find it useful for navigating her content and advancing from her Hypno Slave to her Hypno Lover.

I do hope that you find this helpful, Viperdrake.
Yeah. Her content hard to beat without side help, because you need to now about this brach. I found about her post-action only after i find such comment at her wiki-page. You can insert you recommendation to her wiki page.

track989

Mar 25, 2018
edit: alright, after about 4 edits I realised I was using "Update Save" on a save I'd already re-saved to be doubly careful in the new version. Lesson learned! Make sure the first thing you do after loading in the town square is go options->update save. Whoops.

Last edited:

loGic21

Mar 14, 2019
There seems to be another problem with the Beach Party mod, after downloading the recent patch, that L30 was so kind to provide on page 51 in this thread.
I can't select the beach area, although it is shown on the map. Nothing happens when I click on it. Rest of the game is working fine.

Circuit_Blade

May 27, 2019
hey lads so uh i kinda lurk here on F95zone and well i've been playing this for a while but the last time i downloaded it the game was on 20.7b and now its 21.7b so i reckon i've probs missed alot. i've also tried to update my game but it crashes so im assuming i've either done something wrong or my version is so old that it's not compatible and i really don't want to start again from scratch (i made backups tho so i can just revert when need be)

So first thing i wanna ask is:
-a short little list of new stuff added since the version i played (20.7b)
-what is the way to go about installing the new version (as a note the previous version was modded so i don't know if that has a hand in playing it but i don't know how to uninstall the mods and then update)

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
hey lads so uh i kinda lurk here on F95zone and well i've been playing this for a while but the last time i downloaded it the game was on 20.7b and now its 21.7b so i reckon i've probs missed alot. i've also tried to update my game but it crashes so im assuming i've either done something wrong or my version is so old that it's not compatible and i really don't want to start again from scratch (i made backups tho so i can just revert when need be)

So first thing i wanna ask is:
-a short little list of new stuff added since the version i played (20.7b)
-what is the way to go about installing the new version (as a note the previous version was modded so i don't know if that has a hand in playing it but i don't know how to uninstall the mods and then update)
1) Changelog is in the OP.
2)
As EdgeOfShadow said, you do not really need to unzip and copy into the current game folder. If you're on Windows, your saves should be retained via AppData, although you can always copy your saves into the new installation if you wish to be safe. The notes about updating in Town are in regards to the fact that you should save in the Town square/hub in an old version for the save or saves you'll continue to use in the new version in order to avoid bugs and update the save to be compatible. Loading saves in other areas can lead them to either encounter a bug immediately or one that may pop up later on such as when using a certain skill or examining a certain perk as a couple of examples. To further ensure compatibility, before you do anything else, you can right-click, go into the options menu, and then click on the Update Save function.
Download the latest version, download the updated mods and reload them), then use a save that's in the Town hub and update the save.

Reactions: L30

Coldharbour

Jun 24, 2018
Don't know what changed but I can't cheat by enabling console commands anymore, code is unreadable. feelsbadman.

Katlan

Jan 24, 2018
Why does the game store saves in two different locations? For me the game creates them both in appdata and the game folder. Although the ones that actually seem to matter when deleted are the ones in the game folder.

Ilya11111

Jul 1, 2018
Why does the game store saves in two different locations? For me the game creates them both in appdata and the game folder. Although the ones that actually seem to matter when deleted are the ones in the game folder.
Who now, but with this function you don't heed to worry about your saves - you need to change some saves with editors - use save in game folder and backup it from appdata if something crash. No need to worry about game forlder - if you delete it your saves wasback uped from appdata

Circuit_Blade

May 27, 2019
1) Changelog is in the OP.
2)

Download the latest version, download the updated mods and reload them), then use a save that's in the Town hub and update the save.
so i've gotten it to work now but now all my earlier saves are broken. which... is a bit annoying. and as far as i can tell i can seperate the saves because of it going into appdata.... so really all of my easy to access bits and pieces of good stuff is kinda lost.... unless i just have a shit ton more saves which isn't really too much of a hassle. honestly i may just do that.

thanks for the help anyway

L30

Dec 20, 2017
There seems to be another problem with the Beach Party mod, after downloading the recent patch, that L30 was so kind to provide on page 51 in this thread.
I can't select the beach area, although it is shown on the map. Nothing happens when I click on it. Rest of the game is working fine.
Looks like there were compatibility issues with MGD v21.7. Here is a new update for the mod that should make it functional with the latest version of MGD:

Beach Party v2.5c can be found here:

The changelog for this update is just a single line about compatibility fixes to allow the mod to function with MGD v21.7, so no need to go into depth with the changelog once again.

I do hope that this fixes the issues you encountered, loGic21.

That's just a common feature of Renpy in general, it's a redundancy that does aid in retaining saves between versions and serves as a backup in the event the user deletes the old installation without copying over the saves when a new version of a game in the engine is installed. You can delete saves in both locations at the same time by hovering your mouse over a save when in the Save/Load menu and pressing the delete key if you want or need to do a little cleaning however.

I do hope that this answers your questions in a satisfactory manner, Katlan.

so i've gotten it to work now but now all my earlier saves are broken. which... is a bit annoying. and as far as i can tell i can seperate the saves because of it going into appdata.... so really all of my easy to access bits and pieces of good stuff is kinda lost.... unless i just have a shit ton more saves which isn't really too much of a hassle. honestly i may just do that.

It is odd that the saves broke considering that saves have been compatible between versions of MGD for a very long time now. The last save purge that completely broke old saves occurred over two years ago. To further illustrate the point, my primary save dates all the way back to when the Forest was the only region to explore beyond what could be experienced in the Town.

TFM covered the basics of porting saves between versions, but if an error still happened when following those steps, the only thing that comes to mind would be an issue resulting from an older mod. In terms of mods, not sure which ones you were using, but the mod page of the wiki, found , does list a number of mods as well as when they were last updated. Any mod last updated prior to December 2019 likely will not work due to major changes to underlying systems, much like why Town NPC affection, debt, and Church donations were reset as a part of the same updates.

Apologies that this is not very helpful, but vanilla MGD does have quite solid save compatibility. I do hope that you derive some use from this information, Circuit_Blade.

Now for some general update news, it would appear that there will be much to look forward to in the new year for MGD. While this will not be ready until some time in January, at least one scene is already being worked on. Part one of scene one for Vivian is already at 1,000 words in length and based on the discussion around it, may be focused on her breasts. So after all this time, Vivian will finally have scenes, so for everyone looking forward to having scenes with the owner of the Inn, rejoice, she will have erotic content in 2020.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds it helpful.

Ilya11111

Jul 1, 2018
Looks like there were compatibility issues with MGD v21.7. Here is a new update for the mod that should make it functional with the latest version of MGD:

Beach Party v2.5c can be found here:

The changelog for this update is just a single line about compatibility fixes to allow the mod to function with MGD v21.7, so no need to go into depth with the changelog once again.

I do hope that this fixes the issues you encountered, loGic21.

That's just a common feature of Renpy in general, it's a redundancy that does aid in retaining saves between versions and serves as a backup in the event the user deletes the old installation without copying over the saves when a new version of a game in the engine is installed. You can delete saves in both locations at the same time by hovering your mouse over a save when in the Save/Load menu and pressing the delete key if you want or need to do a little cleaning however.

I do hope that this answers your questions in a satisfactory manner, Katlan.

It is odd that the saves broke considering that saves have been compatible between versions of MGD for a very long time now. The last save purge that completely broke old saves occurred over two years ago. To further illustrate the point, my primary save dates all the way back to when the Forest was the only region to explore beyond what could be experienced in the Town.

TFM covered the basics of porting saves between versions, but if an error still happened when following those steps, the only thing that comes to mind would be an issue resulting from an older mod. In terms of mods, not sure which ones you were using, but the mod page of the wiki, found , does list a number of mods as well as when they were last updated. Any mod last updated prior to December 2019 likely will not work due to major changes to underlying systems, much like why Town NPC affection, debt, and Church donations were reset as a part of the same updates.

Apologies that this is not very helpful, but vanilla MGD does have quite solid save compatibility. I do hope that you derive some use from this information, Circuit_Blade.

Now for some general update news, it would appear that there will be much to look forward to in the new year for MGD. While this will not be ready until some time in January, at least one scene is already being worked on. Part one of scene one for Vivian is already at 1,000 words in length and based on the discussion around it, may be focused on her breasts. So after all this time, Vivian will finally have scenes, so for everyone looking forward to having scenes with the owner of the Inn, rejoice, she will have erotic content in 2020.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds it helpful.
Vivian fans prepared they "gear"))

TFM

Mar 7, 2019

That's odd; did you pick a save that was in Town (the bundle of choice that had "Go Adventuring" and the various places to visit) and update that save? I did that after re-downloading all the updated mods and it worked for me. One thing I did mention on the wiki comments is I tested a few of them and mentioned the ones that did not work.

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
I can't read the code anymore. It's just weird symbols and characters.
Hmm. It is odd that happened. Particularly if the entire file is like that. Did you unzip a new version of the game? And if so, are you in a non-English locale? I've noticed that when you unzip while in the wrong locale, a file can turn into unreadable characters.

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
Wow I remember playing this one quite a while ago, was in a pretty early state with not much content, it seems to have evolved pretty well, I have to give it a new try !

Reactions: lnppo and L30
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes