BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
Some things- one, a bug I think, the Pent Up condition appears way often than it should, even after sexing an enemy it comes right back up. Is that because of my 300%+ virility?

Second, there are two ways the game handles enemy seduction.
First, like Vili or Salaris, is when she tries to seduce you, you can either choose to indulge yourself or resist and THEN the game rolls for your success.

The second, like with Kaia or Toxic Matagngo, is when you first pass the skill check and then you can choose to smash or resist.
I think the first method is better because it makes more sense- you should only resist if you try to, not before.

Third, Analyze doesn't update with enemies "leveling up". It says Kaia is weak to sex even after she gets used to it. Same with Mika.

Lastly, even though you can roll a natural 1 on saves, you will succeed if your modifiers carry you enough. I think it'd be better if a natural 1 was always a failure, it'd add some spice to combat.

Reactions: L30 and loGic21
Feb 25, 2020
I agree there should be a unified framework for seduction will-saves

For simplicity's sake, I prefer the second method just because there are a lot of similar attacks that have a seduction element that you need to resist prior to the skill check to avoid them. Feng, for example, has moves you need to win a will check to even get the chance to do the other checks.

I can see your point though, so it might make sense to put the will checks after choosing to struggle only in the case of pure seduction, when there isn't a check of another stat coming up right afterwards.

That said, can we please not have critical fails on a natural 1? The rosary is arguably balanced where it is right now. Making it essential to guarantee even easy skill checks would make me hesitate to ever use anything else.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Some things- one, a bug I think, the Pent Up condition appears way often than it should, even after sexing an enemy it comes right back up. Is that because of my 300%+ virility?

Second, there are two ways the game handles enemy seduction.
First, like Vili or Salaris, is when she tries to seduce you, you can either choose to indulge yourself or resist and THEN the game rolls for your success.

The second, like with Kaia or Toxic Matagngo, is when you first pass the skill check and then you can choose to smash or resist.
I think the first method is better because it makes more sense- you should only resist if you try to, not before.

Third, Analyze doesn't update with enemies "leveling up". It says Kaia is weak to sex even after she gets used to it. Same with Mika.

Lastly, even though you can roll a natural 1 on saves, you will succeed if your modifiers carry you enough. I think it'd be better if a natural 1 was always a failure, it'd add some spice to combat.
For Pent Up, that is not a bug but is instead intended behavior for having high Virility. 300% Virility is one of the checkpoints for making the condition a problem, in this case constantly having the base level of the condition active. High Virility is usually indicative of high Spirit and this condition acts as something of a check on abusing high amounts of Spirit. That said, there has been a minor balance change that should go live next update that will halve the amount of Virility gained from levels but increase base player Virility by 5, so this may drop you below the 300% checkpoint, depending on how much Virility you have exactly and what your level is.

Unifying the check system would help make elements more consistent, but as Xx_ThatBoredGuy_xX pointed out, some characters have a Will check just to allow you to resist certain moves with a different check via the dialogue options such as Technique or Power. So Will checks before dialogue options would be the only true universally applicable system at the moment otherwise two separate systems will remain of Will check and then select option for second resist or choose to resist and then have Will check.

That is something of an oversight for Analyze, perhaps it will be rectified when that part of the system is refined or during the balance patch, if not during one of these smaller updates. The Codex or a persistent Analyze state where the enemy's stats can be viewed by hovering the cursor over a status symbol caused by Analyze would both go towards helping with this as well and are both desired systems that have some plans of being added eventually.

Critical Fails may make things a little more interesting, but could also be incredibly annoying and problematic. Not to mention making the Blessed Rosary mandatory for those who want to avoid having RNG completely ruin whatever was going on at the time, players such as Xx_ThatBoredGuy_xX. Perhaps the v23 balance update will be able to spice things up for you without having to include such a heavy handed RNG element.

I do hope that you find this at least a little informative, BigJohnny.

Now in terms of update news, while not many details about Beris have been revealed beyond what can be gleaned from her file, she does have some standards apparently. There are three separate ways to catch Beris' eye and if you do not pass one of these requirements, the Hellhound will ignore you. Her first check is not too stringent, having 25 Power will be enough to make you worthy of the Hellhound's attention.

Failing that, being level 50 will also be enough to earn her interest as that is indicative of other forms of strength separate from raw physicality. However, the third way to garner Beris' notice has not been revealed and is being hidden at the moment, but apparently it is even easier than obtaining 25 Power. So if you want to make sure that Beris the Hellhounds want to spend time with you, starting to lift and build Power to 25 or train and level up to 50 are your guaranteed methods to earn her consideration.

I hope that everyone interested in this general update information finds this at least a little useful.

Finally, there is some excellent news for those who enjoy modding. Kaa has wrapped up their latest project and has released Beach Party v3.0b that features a new generic mob as well as two unique characters, the teased Catmom and a Sea Dragon. The mod can be found via Github now where it can be more easily maintained and kept up to date.

Beach Party can be found here:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do hope that everyone interested in modding MGD finds this helpful and enjoyable.

Last edited:

rev33

Jun 6, 2017
I'm not really into non-human stuff, but after giving this game a try I have to say that this is one of my most favorite game now
I love the gameplay and the long descriptive sex scene

Reactions: B2B2, L30 and Volta

L30

Dec 20, 2017
but how ?
i mean which value type ?
If you're looking to cheat and increase your Eros, stats, or anything else along those lines, I would recommend using Renpy's built in console rather than attempting to hunt down values via cheat engine. If you do not know how to activate the console in Renpy, I have a post here that can walk you through the process. After you have the console ready for use, have loaded your save, and then opened the console, you can use a number of codes to alter your character. I have a post here that lists a number of entries that can be used in the console. The one most relevant to you would be player.inventory.money = X with X being the amount of Eros that you would like to have.

I do hope that you find this helpful, elite1305.

Now as for development news, Beris is steadily coming together. Her intro content is roughly 1,500 words in length. It is worth noting that Beris apparently does not make the best first impressions as while she may look like a tomboy, she is rather irritable and has a foul-mouth. So she potentially could come off as a little mean and crass due to usually being irate and having a tendency to use strong language, but it also sounds like it is worth powering through and seeing how she is beyond the initial encounters. Beris also apparently has a sister or sisters, but whether this is literal or in regards to her potentially being in a sorority in the university in the Capital is unknown.

Either way, I do hope that everyone interested in this news finds this at least a little useful.

Reactions: thomaak

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
she may look like a tomboy, she is rather irritable and has a foul-mouth. So she potentially could come off as a little mean and crass due to usually being irate and having a tendency to use strong language
Very good first impressions!

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
Hellhounds and tomboys are always welcome but what's planned for some more generic enemies like elves? You know, for combat stuff.

Dr. PuPu

Nov 30, 2019
I'm patiently waiting for the rest of the Will-Power Temple to get all its art before I progress. I like Minoni's art. She's such a cutie pie!

daunt

May 11, 2017
To whoever gets to make mods. I´m trying to make a character that changes stuff like stats or dialogue according to the number of victories against it say like how Sofia works but with no choice if possible until xth number of victories, any idea how to do that?

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
To whoever gets to make mods. I´m trying to make a character that changes stuff like stats or dialogue according to the number of victories against it say like how Sofia works but with no choice if possible until xth number of victories, any idea how to do that?
Personally no but i would highly suggest taking a look at the discord channel, that is where the modders tend to hang out and they may be able to help.

Reactions: daunt and L30

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
While I do not know the coding specifics of MGD, you can align it with Threshold's affection-based development by giving affection per victory. I recommend looking into Threshold's code, as it is a working example.

Reactions: L30 and daunt
Feb 25, 2020
Okay, so here is a really weird bug I found entirely by accident. When fighting a trio of Ghosts in the Caverns, if you use anal penetration at the start of a turn where the ghosts plan to rush you (for the triple sex or oral stance), the Ghost you penetrate will slip you into the Sex stance, and then you will get a message for interrupting the triple rush.

All of this looks normal. The bug is that afterwards, the ghosts keep having their turns skipped. I was able to repeatedly use Caress or any other skill, or Defend, and the Ghosts would not fight back. Pushing away from the single sex stance seemed to leave me in the glitched state, until the ghosts did another triple rush (with the usual warning) and that seemed to fix things.

Again, I just found this while messing around. Not sure if it happens with two ghosts.

Really bizarre but minor, so don't worry too much if fixing this seems like a hassle.

Reactions: L30
Feb 25, 2020
Okay, this works on on any number of ghosts. Use anal penetration to interrupt them when they are going for sex/oral, then they will instead slip you into the sex stance.

Then they will hit you with one attack, after which it will keep skipping their turn.

Feb 25, 2020
You need at least a 6 in Power, Tech, Will, and Allure to trigger the Demon Layer event. You can use items to help you with that. Also boost relationship with Lillian by talking/hugginf and buying holy water.

I once had a problem where the event didn't seem to trigger, but got it immediately after boosting my stats with some equipment.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes