4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
"The creator said so" isn't exactly an end-all be-all argument winner. Something like that is how you can absolutely ruin a series. For just one example, take a look at J.K. Rowling.
Besides, I don't think anyone likes being told "Your interpretation is wrong because this other person said so". I mean, what's the point of art if not for everyone having their own interpretation of it?

Ultimately, there are two separate sides here, and I have no idea if one will ever get the other to agree. So long as this discussion stays civil however, I see no problems with it continuing. That, or we can just agree to disagree, and leave it there. Either way, I'm fine with it.
I mean I think authorial intent does matter and I think it's pretty clear that for the most part Kenko_Cross doesn't want people to view the monster girls as intrinsically "evil" but they also want them to actually have monstrous features and abilities. But this also results in some issues where so much of the content revolves solely around sex that it makes it hard to actually view monster girls as actually empathizing with humans outside of wanting to have sex with them and some of the stuff they do is just blatantly what a lot of people would actually consider evil and we don't really have any reason to think it's something like anti-monster bias affecting the narrators perception of the actions they're doing. But all that said I don't think that's the intent that the creator had and I'm in the most monster girls aren't bad camp but I think the game could be a good way to make up for those issues considering the MC is directly interacting with the monster girls and not from a mostly third person perspective from the Scholar.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
When this is fully out, i'm hoping we can fight FOR THE ORDERRR!!!!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Knowing KC and his fans tho, I seriously doubt we'll be able to do anything but side with the monsters in the end. Shits always grimdark without meaning to be...
Wait...
Order wants to kill the monster lord, and wants humans to kill monsters.

Monsters want to make love to humans, and monster lord has forbade any killing of humans.

On that alone, joining the order is absolute lunacy. A step further...

If the order wins, all natural monsters that were transformed into monster girls by the monster lord's rise to power would turn back into regular monsters. This would inadvertently kill any humans married to these monster girls when they transform back into regular monsters and attack their husbands. So yeah joining the order means wanting to kill regular dudes that got married to monster girls.

And you want to side with the Order?

Also, what's grimdark about the monster side?

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
I feel like some people are still caught up too much in the "rape" aspect of MGE.
There is no denying that IRL rape is a cruel and dehumanizing action that should be shunned.
In the universe, it's not a violent act that is meant to be malicious. In MGE lore it is set up that the people who want to be/don't care about being "raped" will be "raped" and those that find such action deplorable will not be.
Once again, the Encyclopedia entries are from a single account of things from an outside perspective and don't reflect the MGs as a whole. The entries give a RELATIVELY accurate presentation of the common characteristics but, like humans, every MG is their own person with their own beliefs and values. (No MG in the MGE universe wants their partner to suffer in any way.)

Elexion

Aug 14, 2017
For those of you saying the setting isn't at least kinda Grimdark I bring up the mindflayer who literally mindrapes humans into either being a mindflayer if female or being the perfect husband if male.
Also the monsters will eventually cause the extinction of both themselves and the humans if the Monster Lord can't fix the fact that the MGs only produce daughters.

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
For those of you saying the setting isn't at least kinda Grimdark I bring up the mindflayer who literally mindrapes humans into either being a mindflayer if female or being the perfect husband if male.
Also the monsters will eventually cause the extinction of both themselves and the humans if the Monster Lord can't fix the fact that the MGs only produce daughters.
It's been confirmed that the demon lord will be able to change the rule of daughters only being born after she gets enough power.

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
I didn't think people would argue about the morality of monster girls.
I mean, if I died to a monster girl I'd be cool with it.
So uhh . . . no updates I assume? Or are we still arguing about the morality of our monster grills?
No no, you see monster Girls are fine! Everyone is arguing about monster GRILLS ;)

Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021
I don't really know the lore of this franchise, but I do own both volumes of the encyclopedia that were released in english, although I never read them, maybe it's time I get to it.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
So it's been over a year now, any news about a possible update or y'all been debating the nuances of the morality in this fictional universe for 50+ pages?

Reactions: iconoclast9800

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
So it's been over a year now, any news about a possible update or y'all been debating the nuances of the morality in this fictional universe for 50+ pages?
The last production update on patreon was march 31st, you can also check KCs twitter as he sometimes says stuff about it.
And we have to argue the morality of a fictional universe as these order apologists are claiming MGs are evil!

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes