4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
From Kenkou Cross:
First of all, I'm sorry I'm so far behind on the RPG. I am still working hard on it.
I have found a few staff members, and I know that my pickyness about all the details has slowed down the production.
But what I want to make is not a realistic sized game to sell and make money, but to create the world of Monster Girl Encyclopedia in the game, so I will stick to it and take as much time as I can, no matter the delay. I'm really sorry.
I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand. Yay. Things will be directly to his specifications as he wrangles his teams to create things that satisfy him. Great.

On the other hand. Hmm... if that's the case. He can't be happy with his game as he's still struggling with it on a design level if it doesn't reflect his own sexual expression. This is an encounter system he's thought long and hard on to fit his own sexual specifications, and yet he's still unhappy with it and feels the need to tweak and change it constantly?

You know what that sounds like to me? It sounds like... he doesn't know how his game is supposed to feel sexually. He doesn't know how to design his game on a mechanical level to fit his interests as he's throwing things at the wall to figure it out.
KC knows what he doesn't like. He has a page on it, in his blog. But does he know what he likes? He's also very keen on allowing a wide variety of sexual interests because he wants people to like Monster Girls, but his own interests might be clashing with this.

The guy's a good artist, but not really the best writer imo. Game design is a whole nother field that shouldn't be underestimated and it seems he's feeling that.

I hope he manages to push through and make something he's satisfied with though. Honestly... I think he should release something just to get feedback.

nepheart_1

Feb 3, 2018
i am more concern about when he gonna release next trial.
i mean it's almost 2 years from the last trial and we still got nothing about when we gonna get next trial.

blufalcon

Dec 14, 2018
The scope is probably too big. If our character is supposed to be able to travel the entire in-universe world then that'd take an extremely long time even if you only let us have a monstergirl or two per region. I wouldn't mind them splitting it up into a trilogy like MGQ or something lol (not saying to try and compete with that or anything though)

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
IDK if I understood this poorly or not but was the combat (more like battlefuck) system being re-worked as well? honestly I wouldn't mind a more traditional turn by turn "combat" over the time-limit one we got atm.

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
IDK if I understood this poorly or not but was the combat (more like battlefuck) system being re-worked as well? honestly I wouldn't mind a more traditional turn by turn "combat" over the time-limit one we got atm.
From what i've heard and read. both is planned. vs monstergirls you get a battlefuck system, while normal turn-based combat is planned against normal monsters or something like those religious zealots, plus your monstergirls join you in battle against those.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
From what i've heard and read. both is planned. vs monstergirls you get a battlefuck system, while normal turn-based combat is planned against normal monsters or something like those religious zealots, plus your monstergirls join you in battle against those.
huh...that DOES sound fun, hope we get a new release relatively soon, would do wonders for the fans.

Reactions: Konstantinus
Sep 1, 2018
The scope is probably too big. If our character is supposed to be able to travel the entire in-universe world then that'd take an extremely long time even if you only let us have a monstergirl or two per region. I wouldn't mind them splitting it up into a trilogy like MGQ or something lol (not saying to try and compete with that or anything though)
This. One of the most important aspects of creating something is knowing your own limits. A game series like MGQ has many artists, and even then it took years to make the original trilogy. MGE RPG has only KC himself.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

thow459

Apr 8, 2022
This. One of the most important aspects of creating something is knowing your own limits. A game series like MGQ has many artists, and even then it took years to make the original trilogy. MGE RPG has only KC himself.
Even if you consider that MGQ has particularly extensive writing for most girls and MGE aim for something of similar scale, more intermediate builds could be made, at least once on twice a year - especially if crowdfunding is involved. Not only it quells public unrest, but also allows for feedback and bugsquashing.

May 8, 2022
All the hubbub about the direction of the game and big scope - I'd honestly be happy with anything to come out we can access. As a user above said theirself; it's been roughly 2 years since something tenable has been available to KC's loyal followers.
MGERPG was basically the dream game from the outset, but the staggered development is beyond frustrating.
If we got only a new release to include a singular new mechanic/MG I would count it a positive, as the present total of nothing new with which to directly access drives much harder the inclination to stop caring. It's a test of patience, and the only argument made in favour of patience is that few art styles & direction compare to that of KC.
Of course there is no need to pedestal this against every one of its contemporary peers, but it is a lot to say I would very much love to have something which we as an audience are able to appreciate; beyond text telling us development is moving slowly or swimmingly.

pogo11

May 19, 2021
All the hubbub about the direction of the game and big scope - I'd honestly be happy with anything to come out we can access. As a user above said theirself; it's been roughly 2 years since something tenable has been available to KC's loyal followers.
MGERPG was basically the dream game from the outset, but the staggered development is beyond frustrating.
If we got only a new release to include a singular new mechanic/MG I would count it a positive, as the present total of nothing new with which to directly access drives much harder the inclination to stop caring. It's a test of patience, and the only argument made in favour of patience is that few art styles & direction compare to that of KC.
Of course there is no need to pedestal this against every one of its contemporary peers, but it is a lot to say I would very much love to have something which we as an audience are able to appreciate; beyond text telling us development is moving slowly or swimmingly.
We both know how KC is. He's very picky and hands on with his world, which considering the type of world MGE is, is a very good thing. It does have the drawback of things taking forever, but he's been working on MGE as a whole for nearly 15 years. I look at this series a lot similar to how I look at the Half-Life series. The devs work on what they want to and don't rush themselves or stress on release dates. While this makes shit take forever, it gave us some of the best games ever made because the passion and heart was there. MGE is my favorite setting because KC is so different from all the other hentai artists who make ntr or other disgusting shit because it's popular. KC sticks to his guns and creates what he wants, and for that we've gotten this loving community for basically 15 years. While I wish he'd communicate more, it's understandable why it's taking forever because he's never rushed anything.

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
how many flatchests/ Lolis are in this game ?
Right now? only 1. but since the developer wants to bring as much of his work into this game as possible, you can expect a lot more of them in the future. like at least 8 more. at the very least.

plus. within the MGE lore is an entire cult made out of lolis. and they got a spell that can turn any monstergirl into a loli version of themselves.

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Right now? only 1. but since the developer wants to bring as much of his work into this game you can expect a lot more of them in the future. like at least 8 more. at the very least.

plus. within the MGE lore is an entire cult made out of lolis. and they got a spell that can turn any monstergirl into a loli version of themselves.
Ngl, I would love to read a fanfic where Free-Candy Van-Kun isekais Chris Hansen here. That fanfic could have a title like "That time I was catching lolicons and one of them hit me with their van then I woke up in another world with loli monster girls"

Kmon13

Jan 31, 2018
I currently have the two Volumes of the Monster Girl Encyclopedia and played this game and while the side missions and Battle Fuck engine were interesting (Especially with the Werecat) was looking forward to going out of the world map with the Main Character (MC) doing the following...

- Making camp on the world map to rest only to find himself getting the attention of a wandering horde type like the Orc wanting a man to breed with, Amazoness looking for a househusband to screw in the middle of their village to show elevation of status, or Lizardman/Salamander searching for a man to duel and defeat her and become their future husband.

- The random luck of walking into a town in an anti-monster girl-controlled territory to get a room at the local inn or ending up being arrested and thrown into a prison cell only to wake up to the city in the process of being taken over by a horde belonging to a radical faction of the demon realm.

Edit

- Oh and I've forgotten about the rare opportunity of entering a church of the fallen god and their Dark Priest to give a confession to, a castle or mansion that is home to a vampire or wight noble who may decide to allow you entry into their home only never to leave due to wanting you as a future servant/husband.

Oh and there is the opportunity of running into a Cyclops, Lich, or that Lilim beside the one that entered the MC's dream at the beginning

Plus keep in mind Kenko Cross is still making more species of Monster girls to fill another volume.

Last edited:

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I currently have the two Volumes of the Monster Girl Encyclopedia and played this game and while the side missions and Battle Fuck engine were interesting (Especially with the Werecat) was looking forward to going out of the world map with the Main Character (MC) doing the following...

- Making camp on the world map to rest only to find himself getting the attention of a wandering horde type like the Orc wanting a man to breed with, Amazoness looking for a househusband to screw in the middle of their village to show elevation of status, or Lizardman/Salamander searching for a man to duel and defeat her and become their future husband.

- The random luck of walking into a town in an anti-monster girl-controlled territory to get a room at the local inn or ending up being arrested and thrown into a prison cell only to wake up to the city in the process of being taken over by a horde belonging to a radical faction of the demon realm.

Edit

- Oh and I've forgotten about the rare opportunity of entering a church of the fallen god and their Dark Priest to give a confession to, a castle or mansion that is home to a vampire or wight noble who may decide to allow you entry into their home only never to leave due to wanting you as a future servant/husband.

Oh and there is the opportunity of running into a Cyclops, Lich, or that Lilim beside the one that entered the MC's dream at the beginning

Plus keep in mind Kenko Cross is still making more species of Monster girls to fill another volume.
I don't think the game will be that open.

KC already said each girl takes a metric ass ton of effort to make. You think he'll make any of the girls missable? No. That's not likely. Also remember. Your sexual partners are your wives. Each encounter with a monster girl is a special one since they'll stay with you forever, after fucking them. Random encounters with monster girls are not gonna happen. They'll all be scripted. Just like werecat and Imp.

Sugar4Life

Sep 14, 2021
I don't think the game will be that open.

KC already said each girl takes a metric ass ton of effort to make. You think he'll make any of the girls missable? No. That's not likely. Also remember. Your sexual partners are your wives. Each encounter with a monster girl is a special one since they'll stay with you forever, after fucking them. Random encounters with monster girls are not gonna happen. They'll all be scripted. Just like werecat and Imp.
I mean, there are things like the cockroach girls

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes