4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
From the gameplay side of view it look like a neat game.
But why on earth do people still develop in those old rpg maker engines?!
It breaks my perverted little heart to see such a nice vision implemented in out of time software.
Its playable and fun but the absence of basic QoL (like changeable audio or resolution) always boggles my mind.
RPG Maker is awesome. Not only can you do so much with it but it's the same engine as Monster Girl Quest - Paradox much makes it easier for fans of that game to try this one and vice versa.

Ren_Amamiya15

Mar 15, 2023
View attachment 3018420

View attachment 3018421

and just to future proof, in the upper right of this page while on this thread: View attachment 3018428 View attachment 3018433

View attachment 3018434

This works for any thread you're in and can use the search feature to type in w/e you want to find said keyphrase throughout the entire thread.

This error has been a thing 40-50+ times (no I'm not exaggerating). Someone put that installation thing to prevent it, I said it's not going to work because people won't read it.
My humblest apologies, I did not look under the Installation button. Thank you kindly for your time, so far it started up. I also did not know about the looking thingy, I am kinda new to this site, so thank you kindly. I will look or ask here for help, should ever something happen again (I hope it will not). :)

Sugar4Life

Sep 14, 2021
It breaks my perverted little heart to see such a nice vision implemented in out of time software.
Its playable and fun but the absence of basic QoL (like changeable audio or resolution) always boggles my mind.
why not

Krefmatro

Dec 17, 2019
RPG Maker is awesome. Not only can you do so much with it but it's the same engine as Monster Girl Quest - Paradox much makes it easier for fans of that game to try this one and vice versa.
Oh dont missunderstand me.
I like RPG Maker games overall. And you can make really nice things with it, for example Karryns Prison.
But old RPG Maker is a bit out of time. Or maybe i should say the way it is used.
Overall i like to shit on games that have no fucking audio slider! That is inexcusable to me.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Azure Sun

Apr 15, 2021
Oh dont missunderstand me.
I like RPG Maker games overall. And you can make really nice things with it, for example Karryns Prison.
But old RPG Maker is a bit out of time. Or maybe i should say the way it is used.
Overall i like to shit on games that have no fucking audio slider! That is inexcusable to me.
Ah, you're referring to why people are still making rpg maker games using VX Ace. VX Ace has a large legacy community behind it, which means a lot of plugins exist for it, making it a go-to for game creators. Personally, I think creators would still be better off with the more modern MV and MZ, a lot of quality of life changes, and the plugin/script communities are large 'enough' for both of those to do most anything the average game would need. (if you have the money, get MZ, it's just a better engine overall and the community is quickly catching up).

Venchi

Feb 21, 2019
But old RPG Maker is a bit out of time.
I like the older versions personally. Newer versions are a horrendously unoptimized mess and are more prone to errors. And while it's a personal preference, I can't stand the side-view chibi combat models newer RPGM engines default to. I'd take custom engines above all else, but an older RPGM engine oft earns a sigh of relief from me.

Jun 7, 2023
Damn, it's been so long for me... iirc, you unpack the zipped file w/ breezip or 7zip (i forget which), when you unzip there's an option to recognize japanese or something like that. Sry it's been a while. There's directions somewhere waaaay back in this forum that will help you. We've all been here.

Edit - dumbass me didn't look up ONE WHOLE POST to see the actual answer.
so then, what's the real answer?

tablefliper

Aug 1, 2019
Status Update From KC
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Guy wants to protect his work can't blame him for that and I'm happy to see him do it. It's a shame that the some on the JP side are giving him a hard time and not respecting his work and intentions. The man's out here protecting our Monster Girls.

As he has said before the main speed bump seems to be the sheer amount of text and his perfectionist mentality; wanting to get things right and not spoil or kill excitement for the game by showing too much.

BKvartS

Sep 16, 2020
Status Update From KC
Guy wants to protect his work can't blame him for that and I'm happy to see him do it. It's a shame that the some on the JP side are giving him a hard time and not respecting his work and intentions. The man's out here protecting our Monster Girls.

As he has said before the main speed bump seems to be the sheer amount of text and his perfectionist mentality; wanting to get things right and not spoil or kill excitement for the game by showing too much.
If that is the case, who in their right mind could post the "Abandoned" tag?

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Status Update From KC

He spent more time writing this than working on his game.
I honestly expect that at some point by the way...
No game update in years, no answers to the followers and the cherry on top he put a survey and ignores the results.
If this game will be finished one day, I'll be a granpa probably.

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
Kenko is an Artist at heart. a rare sight in these times. most would've cashed out and build an empire out of that name, but not kenko, he'll just wants to make a fictional world that, while perverted, in the end carries that beautiful notion that pure love and togetherness is one of the sweetest joys one can have.

and i kinda had a feeling why he was being hush-hush about it all. wouldn't be the first JP developer who only wants to post about finished and guranteed to appear content, this also explains the sudden stop in MGE-RPG diaries. since he thinks that saying or posting artwork of the girls may lessen that "oh cool, she is also here!" effect.

also i didn't know dude was having a small war against NTR fans, but i get the idea behind it, he feels he HAS to constantly say NO and bring the hammer down to make it unmistakably clear that, no, this sort of stuff is not allowed here. else the people may start to think "well, if he were against it, he would've said something, thus i think he silently accepts it"

May 8, 2022
It is nice to finally have some opening after the silence but given the scope of work this feels like the kind of press-conference delivery that would have been better suited months, or years, prior to now. Indie development (even with a small team) is tough and slow, yes, but if this is where all focus is derived in terms of vocational employment, we should under all circumstances see a lot more progress than we have.
I'll take the notice in good faith that Kenkou similarly wishes to open new avenues of the game and world to us sooner rather than later, so I have fingers crossed that the long awaited MGERPG update will deliver information worth the appeasement in the time since.

I do think handling PR for any artistic product by direct DMCA exclusively is pretty silly, but after a point certain nuances of Japanese net culture will make it hard to understand or get across real intention.
I know the mentality, and how rough it sits, seeing your creation be changed directly against your wishes - but there is a better way to handle it than supposed 'tacit acceptance' or direct shut-down. A statement like this is a start, but being upset about people's interpretation of your work, whether you agree or absolutely despise it, is completely unproductive. Whether or not we all agree, in community, that 'tearing stuffed animals heads off' is bad - it won't stop people from doing it. They'll find private spaces to continue doing so and vilify the denial of their pleasure simply because its what they want. In spaces where it presses against the public image of MGE, absolutely, but in the event its what people do from a personal avenue it does not demand this kind of precedent.
Posting more updates about the game and never engaging with the content you don't want, is a more powerful statement in opposition to the interpretation you don't like, than trying to combat it at a proximity.
I do agree with the sentiment stated, but if this is something taking focus away from developmental direction, priorities are very out of order.

I just hope the ruling on "Futanari" doesn't extend beyond intermingling of MGs; as a dick-bearing woman, I'd like to hope there is room for "Futanari" on the human side of things.

Last edited:

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
The futanari comment rubs me the wrong way. Not because no dick girls but the whole "Monster girls will never be interested in other women". So no homosexuality allowed now even though the Alf demon is the sole male turns into a women who lusts for their childhood male friend monster. That comes off as extremely limiting. And does that mean if a human girl is in a relationship with another girl and ends up turned into a monster girl, she just cuts all ties with her girlfriend because of that rule????

kiaaas

Jan 18, 2020
It depends... This type of games will always be developed in RPG maker engines to preserve their charm.
Why don't use newer RPG maker engines beats me. The newest one is MZ and is quite good from my point of view. Tried developing some games with it and it works like a charm. MV is also very good and has a ton of assets and tools you can use.

tablefliper

Aug 1, 2019
...... And does that mean if a human girl is in a relationship with another girl and ends up turned into a monster girl, she just cuts all ties with her girlfriend because of that rule????
Hmm... a similar question was asked in the march Q&A. It's not exactly the same situation but it could give you an idea of what Kenkou may have in mind.

My guess is that one would turn into an incubus. So yeah straightforward homosexuality is probably unlikely to be represented officially (other than playful acts between MGs).

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
The futanari comment rubs me the wrong way. Not because no dick girls but the whole "Monster girls will never be interested in other women". So no homosexuality allowed now even though the Alf demon is the sole male turns into a women who lusts for their childhood male friend monster. That comes off as extremely limiting. And does that mean if a human girl is in a relationship with another girl and ends up turned into a monster girl, she just cuts all ties with her girlfriend because of that rule????
From what I've seen, basically either they become "just friends" and get different different boyfriends, or they go the Liliraune/Bicorn route, start a harem and exploit the loophole that "they're doing it for him".

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes