Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Announcing Monster Girl Farmer version 0.11.00! Scarecrow Edition!

I'm really excited about this release because it's jam packed with new features! There's a journal that shows you how many monster girls you've found, their levels, AP, and more. It also shows how much time until tasks end. You can sell items at the General Store (oh yeah, did I mention there's a General Store now?) Let's not forget Amy's shop allows you to buy the first farm upgrade. Hm, what else? A new cheat for $5 pledges: add any item to your inventory at the click of a button. This is like half of the new features, so check out the to learn about everything.

What's next? I expect there to be a new image before the month ends. My one dollar pledges already voted on the next monster girl: Olivia the harpy. So look out for her soon!

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Monster Girl Farmer v0.12.00 Released! "She's not mean... Well, yeah, she's pretty mean" Edition

Woo! Thank you for your patience on this release, hopefully the amount of content it adds makes it worth it. Normally, each release adds 4 new scenes. This one adds 8! But there are plenty of other features worth mentioning:

- There is a new wonderful(ly mean) harpy girl added to the game. She'll randomly show up if you have Hanako and sleep.
- A new image has been added of the spider girl.
- You can purchase a chicken coop.
- There are three new items in the game.
- And lots more! For more information about this release, check out the .

Here's the latest image:

tink_intro_name_.png

Last edited:

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I just fixed a major bug. You should save and refresh. If you are using 0.12.00, you should upgrade to 0.12.01

Edit: Not as major as I thought. the game what error if you tried to give the sculpture items, but then you could continue

Last edited:

KDBA

Apr 24, 2019
I'm stuck in the Inventory. The 'Back' button does nothing. I can go to the Journal, but the 'Back' button there takes me to the Inventory again where I remain stuck.

The only way I've found to get out again is to step back in the game history, but that leaves me unable to assign tasks in the Journal - as that puts me in the Inventory once more.

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I'm stuck in the Inventory. The 'Back' button does nothing. I can go to the Journal, but the 'Back' button there takes me to the Inventory again where I remain stuck.

The only way I've found to get out again is to step back in the game history, but that leaves me unable to assign tasks in the Journal - as that puts me in the Inventory once more.
I hope you are playing on desktop, because then you can export your saves. If you are, could you export your save and then send it to me? maybe you should join my discord to send it to me?

KDBA

Apr 24, 2019
Playing on the web version (in Firefox 84.0.1, though I've confirmed that it happens in Chrome and Edge as well). I've attached my save to this post.

Reactions: Bawdy Ink Slinger

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Playing on the web version (in Firefox 84.0.1, though I've confirmed that it happens in Chrome and Edge as well). I've attached my save to this post.
You're the best. I'll do my best to fix this tomorrow and you won't have to lose your save or anything. BTW, I *bet* there's a workaround: Just back up further until you're out of both inventory and journal and don't go from one to the other until I fix this.

Thanks so much for the save!

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Hey thanks for your patience! I saw your reply at 4:30am so I was too tired to investigate. And when I woke up in the morning, I had to get . That's why I was up so late in the first place: I tried to finger him myself, but I lack expertise. You understand. (Probably a better way of wording that.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the bug should be fixed now. All you have to do is reload the game and click the history back button until you reach a passage that is not the Inventory OR Journal. If you play from that point, I don't think you will get the bug anymore. At least according to my automated tests.

Reactions: KDBA

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Oh yeah, I've mentioned it before, but I would really appreciate more reviews on this thread. There's one bringing down the average that was based off of when this game was a completely different type of game.

Unknownuser5

Dec 23, 2017
I've gotta say, lobotomy corporation is an odd choice of game to base the mechanics of a monster girl rancher game on, but it kind of works here. The only problem is that in that game doing the wrong sort of work with a subject could have disastrous consequences, whereas here it just means you need to click an extra time or two. This effects other mechanics too, as learning more information about how to successfully interact with the monster girls doesn't feel as meaningful, since there's not really much difference between having a poor interaction versus a good one. You can just try every interaction until you find the one that gets the most points then spam it until you max out her affection. Having items that improve your interactions with specific monster girls is an interesting idea but there's no real reason to do that in the game as it stands.

I don't want this to sound too negative because I really do think this has the potential to be great. The writing is engaging and the premise has a lot of promise. The core concept of growing your ranch by working to understand and recruit new monster girls, which give you the tools to find and recruit even more monster girls, etc is a very satisfying loop. Comparatively my complaints are minor but I do think it is a problem you'll need to address eventually. Either way I'll be keeping an eye on this, there really aren't any successful monster girl rancher style games out there and this one could end up amazing.

Reactions: Bawdy Ink Slinger
3.60 star(s) 9 Votes