Gnolnihs

Jun 27, 2017
I don't know why I cannot leave a review on this game, so I'll just share here in hopes maybe it improves.

Overall
Overall I enjoy the concept of the scenes. I think the ideas that go into the girl unlocks are well done. The art is medocre but it's cute and that's fine. An H game either have to be sexy or cute and fun. This game has cute going for it. The fun part needs some work, but it could get there.

Gameplay
This game is one that suffers from the dev themselves not actually playing the game and just building the pieces and testing those pieces and not the product as a whole. In loo of gameplay it has a grind fest or change girls everytime you get to a new town. Starting over at the beginning town every time you die adds to the tedium. There are not repels or fast travel to make up for that. If you instead started over at the last Farmer you talked to this would fix that. As for the grind fest, the EXP requirements need heavy reworking and testing. Perhaps taking the love points as a stat multiplier, so when you have a girl to 20 love it's not worth jumping to a new girl just because the new area has higher girls. As this grabs its inspiration from pokemon it needs to take a page from them as well, Trainer battles in Pokemon are worth double exp. Maybe also allowing rechallenging after you have beaten a certain number of trainers after them.

Checking TVs, dressers, and all that. It's completely pointless and after your gamer figures that out it only becomes a letdown. Why do I as a player want to go though your world and try to discover things when new things are only going to be unlocked by talking to NPCs. Why not instead of saying someone has a butt plug or a dildo you give the player something. Capture device or healing is an inexpensive way to keep playing searching though what you spent time making. If you wanted to go all out, like you have the girl with photos of his sister you could always add photos to random dressers and you unlock more for the gallery. Again causing players to dive more into your game.

The quest log does not function right now, but the concept is there, and I assume in the future it will point players in the direction they need to go.

A healing farmer could really be used at the mansion. Again if players think it's too hard they are going to drop off. And you want people playing your game so that they spend money on its development and you're future.

If you start making more money it would be nice to up the quality of the art a bit. But I think overall you could do very well just focusing on what you have and making the game overall more fun.

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
I don't know why I cannot leave a review on this game, so I'll just share here in hopes maybe it improves.

Overall
Overall I enjoy the concept of the scenes. I think the ideas that go into the girl unlocks are well done. The art is medocre but it's cute and that's fine. An H game either have to be sexy or cute and fun. This game has cute going for it. The fun part needs some work, but it could get there.

Gameplay
This game is one that suffers from the dev themselves not actually playing the game and just building the pieces and testing those pieces and not the product as a whole. In loo of gameplay it has a grind fest or change girls everytime you get to a new town. Starting over at the beginning town every time you die adds to the tedium. There are not repels or fast travel to make up for that. If you instead started over at the last Farmer you talked to this would fix that. As for the grind fest, the EXP requirements need heavy reworking and testing. Perhaps taking the love points as a stat multiplier, so when you have a girl to 20 love it's not worth jumping to a new girl just because the new area has higher girls. As this grabs its inspiration from pokemon it needs to take a page from them as well, Trainer battles in Pokemon are worth double exp. Maybe also allowing rechallenging after you have beaten a certain number of trainers after them.

Checking TVs, dressers, and all that. It's completely pointless and after your gamer figures that out it only becomes a letdown. Why do I as a player want to go though your world and try to discover things when new things are only going to be unlocked by talking to NPCs. Why not instead of saying someone has a butt plug or a dildo you give the player something. Capture device or healing is an inexpensive way to keep playing searching though what you spent time making. If you wanted to go all out, like you have the girl with photos of his sister you could always add photos to random dressers and you unlock more for the gallery. Again causing players to dive more into your game.

The quest log does not function right now, but the concept is there, and I assume in the future it will point players in the direction they need to go.

A healing farmer could really be used at the mansion. Again if players think it's too hard they are going to drop off. And you want people playing your game so that they spend money on its development and you're future.

If you start making more money it would be nice to up the quality of the art a bit. But I think overall you could do very well just focusing on what you have and making the game overall more fun.
I'll take a note on some of the suggestions. I don't want to go point by point on this, it would feel like I'm being petty and that's not the point of my response.
  • The double exp for "Trainers" is a good idea. I"ll take that one for sure. And the love level as a damage modifier is a good one that I might give shot as well. Re-challenge is on the list already, just gotta figure it out how I want it to work.
  • EXP Gain - I actually use the math that the original Pokemon games use, so not really sure what to say on that. I can do a poll on it to see what others think.
  • Fast travel - There is fast travel, just have to open your map and click on the town you want to go to, its unlocked if you have been there. I thought I had a help screen for it during conversation, but I would have to double check to be sure.
  • Quest Log - I'll take a look to see what happening there.
  • Dev doesn't play the game as a whole - I do actually. When it comes to finding and fixing issues, I will fail at this and I will fail often. It's just the sad reality of making a game alone. That's why I take all feedback under consideration and work closely with the community to improve the project.
If you want to spitball some ideas on more detailed improvements, I'm all ears. Not joking, dead serious, etc. I can't cater to everyone's wants, but a good idea is easy to spot.

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Bug Report just came in, the harpy swim suit is broken, I will get a fix done in the morning.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
You're releasing the new version here at the same time as the Patreon version? You're too kind, TinyDevil! Can't wait to get the time to play it!

Reactions: Antoris

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
You're releasing the new version here at the same time as the Patreon version? You're too kind, TinyDevil! Can't wait to get the time to play it!
Your giving me too much credit. Thanks to normal patron turn over, bad timing on the last release, a major holiday and a delay for this release, the patreon actually started to hit negative patron growth. I needed to course correct before it got any worse. No worries though, I'm already back to positive numbers now and things can keep on trucking like normal.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Your giving me too much credit. Thanks to normal patron turn over, bad timing on the last release, a major holiday and a delay for this release, the patreon actually started to hit negative patron growth. I needed to course correct before it got any worse. No worries though, I'm already back to positive numbers now and things can keep on trucking like normal.
Glad to hear that things are going good for you now! Your fanbase has been steadily growing ever since the first release, so I don't really think that you have anything to worry about. For such a short time you've released as many updates as some devs that have been on Patreon for years and you're keeping the community invested in the development through posts on various platforms. You're doing a lot of things right.

Also, as far as I know, every 1st of the month sees a sharp drop in patrons who can't or are not sure they want to continue their pledge. Every Patreon page experiences this, so it's nothing to worry about. Most people come back when they get the chance, followed by those who have just now found out about your game. Keep on going, you will go far!

EDIT: Wait, I just now realized that you mentioned the Patreon turnover thing... Feel free to completely ignore that part in the message...

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Well, that was a short but fun update. I take back all I said about the harpy idle pose. She's cute and it definitely fits her.

Leveling feels good now. Levels are gained at a steady rate, especially if you're fighting enemies stronger than your team.

Also, here's the location of her clothes for anyone not wanting to look for them. It's finally my time to contribute instead of asking for locations:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Antoris

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Well, that was a short but fun update. I take back all I said about the harpy idle pose. She's cute and it definitely fits her.

Leveling feels good now. Levels are gained at a steady rate, especially if you're fighting enemies stronger than your team.

Also, here's the location of her clothes for anyone not wanting to look for them. It's finally my time to contribute instead of asking for locations:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry about it being so short. Had a bit of a family thing happen that caused a delay and drop in the work. I'm back at full steam though.

Antoris

Feb 25, 2019
Sorry about it being so short. Had a bit of a family thing happen that caused a delay and drop in the work. I'm back at full steam though.
No need to apologize, the content is always great so no complains from my side here. Gonna give the Update a ride tomorrow, can't wait for harpy waifu!

3.80 star(s) 25 Votes