3.60 star(s) 25 Votes

VermilionChen

Jun 1, 2019
Just waiting for the eventual [Abandoned]
Even if anything bad happened to Redamz to make him ask a break, it still doesn't change the fact at all that Redamz is the worst creator on Earth I've ever met.

Back to 2016, when I learned about his game, I was so excited that I joined the highest tier in his Patreon every month, joined his personal Discord channel, and did my best to help him to advertise his game in my own country Taiwan. Ironically, he told everyone in his Q&As that he wished to finish the game before 2020 and to take a long break after the game is released.

At the end of 2017, I started to feel that something was going totally off. He could get almost 10,000 dollar per month from Patrons, but he chose to hide his development progress from everyone who doesn't pay, started to move all his progress update from Patreon to Discord channel where still only Patrons can access the progress update, and even stopped to update the Q&As he received in his personal website, so as a response to his acts I stopped my simping for him without hesitation.

In 2018, people could still see that he earned 30,000 dollar per month, but soon later he chose to hide the amount of money he earns every month by Patrons from everyone including those who pay. I remember there was someone from his Discord channel telling me that "Redamz did tell us that he already got too much money for the game, so more money is not really what he wants."

Oh, doesn't he?
As you can see, all his actions mentioned above which I marked were for getting as more money as he can.

Redamz sucks at managing everything.
His time, because it's been 4 years but Chapter 4 is not even finished.
His money, because most of donations were probably never used to hire anyone else except the voice actor for that freckle weirdo who is claimed to be a monster girl but without any monster girl feature at all.
His staff, the only one staff I know, his personal manager, the bothersome woman named Wolfy in his Discord channel who claimed to be a British woman IRL. No matter she got paid or was doing volunteer work all the time, she sucked at being a good manager to prevent the game from being stuck like this, which shall have been the most important job she tried to do.

As I can tell, all they did was quite simple. They kept making people believe what they want people to believe.
"I need to maintain the quality of the game, so I don't hire others to help."
"The speed of progress of development is reasonable, because there is only me doing everything."
Therefore, a cult for simps to make each other feel warm like a big family was formed. Ridiculously nasty.

It's so funny that an Island is developed much slower than a World. Yes, I'm talking about Monster Girl World, which is being developed by a creator with much more dignity.

I bet we'll see the day when Monster Girl Island is totally abandoned, and it won't be far.

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
I have a question. Can this game run on an average PC or do I need a high end one?
I'm waiting for some PS5stocks but in the meantime I might get a PC, budget is 500 dollars
It did fine on midrange 10 years old pc with 6 years old mid range gpu. Proper optimization is nope, but it's perfectly playable on old hardware due to how lowres and lowpoly graphics is.

slamer500

Sep 15, 2018
Even if anything bad happened to Redamz to make him ask a break, it still doesn't change the fact at all that Redamz is the worst creator on Earth I've ever met.

Back to 2016, when I learned about his game, I was so excited that I joined the highest tier in his Patreon every month, joined his personal Discord channel, and did my best to help him to advertise his game in my own country Taiwan. Ironically, he told everyone in his Q&As that he wished to finish the game before 2020 and to take a long break after the game is released.

At the end of 2017, I started to feel that something was going totally off. He could get almost 10,000 dollar per month from Patrons, but he chose to hide his development progress from everyone who doesn't pay, started to move all his progress update from Patreon to Discord channel where still only Patrons can access the progress update, and even stopped to update the Q&As he received in his personal website, so as a response to his acts I stopped my simping for him without hesitation.

In 2018, people could still see that he earned 30,000 dollar per month, but soon later he chose to hide the amount of money he earns every month by Patrons from everyone including those who pay. I remember there was someone from his Discord channel telling me that "Redamz did tell us that he already got too much money for the game, so more money is not really what he wants."

Oh, doesn't he?
As you can see, all his actions mentioned above which I marked were for getting as more money as he can.

Redamz sucks at managing everything.
His time, because it's been 4 years but Chapter 4 is not even finished.
His money, because most of donations were probably never used to hire anyone else except the voice actor for that freckle weirdo who is claimed to be a monster girl but without any monster girl feature at all.
His staff, the only one staff I know, his personal manager, the bothersome woman named Wolfy in his Discord channel who claimed to be a British woman IRL. No matter she got paid or was doing volunteer work all the time, she sucked at being a good manager to prevent the game from being stuck like this, which shall have been the most important job she tried to do.

As I can tell, all they did was quite simple. They kept making people believe what they want people to believe.
"I need to maintain the quality of the game, so I don't hire others to help."
"The speed of progress of development is reasonable, because there is only me doing everything."
Therefore, a cult for simps to make each other feel warm like a big family was formed. Ridiculously nasty.

It's so funny that an Island is developed much slower than a World. Yes, I'm talking about Monster Girl World, which is being developed by a creator with much more dignity.

I bet we'll see the day when Monster Girl Island is totally abandoned, and it won't be far.
I had the same experience back when I first subbed. For the first few months it was steady progress with some actual content to show, and it looked like the game would be released by 2019 or even 2018, but then the shady shit started happening and he got quieter and quieter as time went on. Keep in mind that he's also from a South American country, so that $20,000 a month in USD could let him live very comfortably for a good while.

It's a damn shame since this was one of the better projects for a while, but it's been obvious for the past 3 years that this was likely never getting finished. I guess at least Monster Girl content is still being made pretty regularly, and it's a fetish community that doesn't seem to be going anywhere any time soon.

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
I had the same experience back when I first subbed. For the first few months it was steady progress with some actual content to show, and it looked like the game would be released by 2019 or even 2018, but then the shady shit started happening and he got quieter and quieter as time went on. Keep in mind that he's also from a South American country, so that $20,000 a month in USD could let him live very comfortably for a good while.

It's a damn shame since this was one of the better projects for a while, but it's been obvious for the past 3 years that this was likely never getting finished. I guess at least Monster Girl content is still being made pretty regularly, and it's a fetish community that doesn't seem to be going anywhere any time soon.
After taking a look on Graphtreon, he averaged around $5.50 per patron when his monetary amount was still visible. With 12k patrons + pay up front, he had to have been getting 60,000 per month towards the end.

I just don't understand why he didn't hire anyone else to speed up production. Even if your paying 6k to 10k per month to each person, you could have multiple rolls covered while still making more then enough to quit any other job and work full time on the project.

beeleeteapee

Nov 12, 2017
After taking a look on Graphtreon, he averaged around $5.50 per patron when his monetary amount was still visible. With 12k patrons + pay up front, he had to have been getting 60,000 per month towards the end.

I just don't understand why he didn't hire anyone else to speed up production. Even if your paying 6k to 10k per month to each person, you could have multiple rolls covered while still making more then enough to quit any other job and work full time on the project.
Full on greed where he doesn't want to share even just a bit of the green, not wanting to have anyone contest his decisions or do things without him knowing, not wanting to be called out with hard evidence* or, although very unlikely and is just me being very optimistic (not that I believe this anyway), him wanting full control on the vision of this thing. That or at least just wanting all the glory or whatever.

*To explain I basically mean being called out on Discord, Steam or some other place that he's milking the shit out of. I'm fairly confident only a small amount of people following this project especially from Steam check places like this.

Apr 22, 2019
Pretty sure he won't beat Crowchild who's milking since 2006-7 and releases no (furry) content.
Anywway shame as I recently discovered this project, but guess Patreon in most of cases works like that.

Last edited:

Excelia

Dec 15, 2019
Not good. Maybe the game should be marked as on hold or something.

View attachment 963869
ATTENTION: Purely personal reflection.
I state that I have been following this project for just over a year. However, I don't think he's going to close the project, considering his words to be true, something must have happened on a personal level that is preventing them from moving forward with development.
He also stopped patreon billing, so in theory he wouldn't get paid (am I wrong?). Then always believing in his words it was something sudden, but analyzing his posts on patreon it is possible to notice that for some time he has been posting only at the beginning or end of the month and this "sudden" post is part of the trend.
Then he also wrote that he will be back soon and that he is still available to answer on Discord and this makes me think (and hope) that he will not abandon everything...

Reactions: Sprintupstairs

kradlum

Jul 29, 2019
ATTENTION: Purely personal reflection.
I state that I have been following this project for just over a year. However, I don't think he's going to close the project, considering his words to be true, something must have happened on a personal level that is preventing them from moving forward with development.
He also stopped patreon billing, so in theory he wouldn't get paid (am I wrong?). Then always believing in his words it was something sudden, but analyzing his posts on patreon it is possible to notice that for some time he has been posting only at the beginning or end of the month and this "sudden" post is part of the trend.
Then he also wrote that he will be back soon and that he is still available to answer on Discord and this makes me think (and hope) that he will not abandon everything...

its because he wasn't getting any update done and was still getting patreon money. his patreon money monthly now is much more than what he'd had before and other people even non patreon supporters want to boycott him because he gets the money, doesnt post any update after saying he would (september update scenes) and is busier with genshin impact and other games he has.

He is probably worried of getting sued or being banned from fraudulent acts as he keeps saying soon or dates but dont actually keep up with them. The guy is a sensitive crybaby that doesnt like criticisms, he used to though, but with wolfy and other simps justifying his actions, he has now an ego way up his ass.

chapter 4 was already planned years ago and its still not finished. he has already lost the passion and drive for the game, coz money.

Excelia

Dec 15, 2019
its because he wasn't getting any update done and was still getting patreon money. his patreon money monthly now is much more than what he'd had before and other people even non patreon supporters want to boycott him because he gets the money, doesnt post any update after saying he would (september update scenes) and is busier with genshin impact and other games he has.

He is probably worried of getting sued or being banned from fraudulent acts as he keeps saying soon or dates but dont actually keep up with them. The guy is a sensitive crybaby that doesnt like criticisms, he used to though, but with wolfy and other simps justifying his actions, he has now an ego way up his ass.

chapter 4 was already planned years ago and its still not finished. he has already lost the passion and drive for the game, coz money.
Probably its true. I hope 2 things: or he changes his way to develop this game or patreon bans him and his project. (id prefer de first one obv)

Reactions: Sprintupstairs

V-red

Nov 12, 2017
Probably its true. I hope 2 things: or he changes his way to develop this game or patreon bans him and his project. (id prefer de first one obv)
Both options are too fantastic to happen. Like Magic Potato said:
but guess Patreon in most of cases works like that.
There are enough of devs like this one who did great at start and then became slower and slower while getting more and more money. They can release 1 update per year or no update at all and get away with it. There still will be enough of patrons to let them live a careless life. And Patreon has no reason to ban Redamz or any other such dev.
I don't blame him however. It's not an easy work and if you lose your passion with the project you can begin to slack off. And if you will get the money no matter then you can get used to it. Why not to enjoy your life when you have such a great passive income and tons of free time?
Still there are enough of opposite examples tho when devs are steady at delivering content and honest with public. Such people deserve all the respect and support. yeah

jtm999

Dec 29, 2018
Lets hope that if he would abandon this game for any reason ( like maybe he has this villa with the pool, and enough moneynij safehouse to live to the end while eating caviar every day), that he'll make the game open source, just give it to the people, and they may bring it further. But hopefully that thing called conscience has just finally hit him.

kradlum

Jul 29, 2019

There are enough of devs like this one who did great at start and then became slower and slower while getting more and more money. They can release 1 update per year or no update at all and get away with it. There still will be enough of patrons to let them live a careless life. And Patreon has no reason to ban Redamz or any other such dev.
I don't blame him however. It's not an easy work and if you lose your passion with the project you can begin to slack off. And if you will get the money no matter then you can get used to it. Why not to enjoy your life when you have such a great passive income and tons of free time?
Still there are enough of opposite examples tho when devs are steady at delivering content and honest with public. Such people deserve all the respect and support. yeah

Absolutely agree hence why this is predictable. The guy has blatantly lied on previous occasions about every update and plans he had for the game because he was very ambitious and the passive income money has given him more time to enjoy and pay 2 win the things he wasn't able to, before. Obviously I would have done the same except I wouldve continued the game with a team so the game would continue and wouldnt put an on-hold fiasco like this (and still have passive income go) just so i could play a gacha game.

Also, reason why people bitching about this on-hold thing and why they are frustrated of it getting abandoned.

Screenshot 2021-01-03 101043.png

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018

I feel like you're being too charitable by not blaming him. You kind of just described a scam artist after all.

At 40k+ per month he is getting around half a million dollars+ per year. And like you said, there are plenty of devs who do the opposite and deliver steady content. If those other devs can deliver 10 times content with less then a 10nth of the income, I would call what he is doing a scam.

I'm not trying to be an ass about it either, I was being a bit charitable in my last comment as well. I'm a dev in the same genre so it seemed a bit shady to say anything actually, but after reading what you said it makes me think scam.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Lmao, Redamz I swear. The worst part is people will eat up this fake show of sincerity as if he was actually working on the game more then a hour a week the past 2 years. What a joke. If he was actually not a absolutely terrible person he would have set up his patreon to per creation like 3 years ago.

ermousa

Dec 17, 2018
personal huh, maybe dude got covid... finally

redamnz need to get sars-cov-2 , why good guys need to past away while greedy scammers and corrupt isn't??
we lost alot of good people and people didn't even deserve to die last year so surely this year it will be different, he/she won't be even missed. for the sake of all who been scammed upon.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
quick question: If redamnz abandon this project can someone else pick this up?
Maybe i could , but i am not a good animator , so the lewd scenes would not be as refined as his.

But on the other hand i finished my first project years ago and i am currently on my second project
(both are also full 3d in unity3d).
Somehow i feel that i will be done with the second project before MGI gets a full release.
... and my first project started around the same time as his did (2015)

• Red Heart
Reactions: MirrorHead

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
He uses oldass unity version too, something like Unity 5 if i remember correctly. Maybe he just hit a wall like Syrsa did with Zerahypt and literally can't continue? And lacks skill to port mgi to modern unity iterations. That would be :KEK:

3.60 star(s) 25 Votes