3.60 star(s) 25 Votes

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Looking at her feet, and mostly her enlarged toenail as well as her feathered tail and how her arms are posed with her wings, she seems to be based off of the Archaeopteryx, hence the idea of her somewhat looking like a harpy, at first glance, but then looking at her details further, she technically is a dinosaur girl as Redamz said. Plus the wild difference in colors and the different tones on her feathers kind of give the impression of how some of them, as a species, could have wildly different color schemes.
Your observation looks pretty accurate. I have to wonder though, why did the dev choose this dino of all things to base a character off of?

Apr 4, 2021
Ara Scene VR REMASTERED

Hi everyone, as some may know, that build doesn't work with the latest headsets. So, to start getting familiar with Unity (which I'm going to use for personal projects) I started working on a remastered that makes it possible to use that build even with the latest technologies.
As I expected I had to start redoing all the scripts from scratch (what better time to improve in programming?).

The remastered is NOT over yet, there are still several things to do, but I have a little alpha ready for the owners of Quest and Quest 2.
Speaking of the remastered: the main goal I have is the porting on Quest/Quest 2, but there will also be the SteamVR version (which will come a little later).

I changed the setting and the 3D model of Ara: the setting is now no longer that area defined by wooden fences, but now it is Ara's house, while the model is still Ara, but it is simply that of the last Build. The animations are the same, but the new model, during them in some places seems to bend in a strange way (these days I will look if I can solve).

In the Quest version the animations change very slowly, probably because of the fps. These days I will also solve this.

There are still some features that I suspect were present in the original version, but slowly I hope to be able to implement those too. In return, however, I added something else... ;)
For now, SFX is also missing, which I will probably add in the next version. I also plan to add a menu to manage other aspects of the build.

Also, at the moment it is possible to move yourself within the scene, but I strongly advise against it. I will remove the ability to move shortly, as it is useless and pointless compared to the build type.

For Quest/Quest 2 owners: You can install the apk via . Feedback will be very helpful and any help is welcome.

That's all for now.

Downloads:
MEGA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST UPDATE

I finally fixed the camera, now I think it is much better and I don't think it will go through many changes. In addition, I also fixed the audio. Now all SFX should work and I've fixed some bugs, but not all of them yet. This build now seems more stable on Quest.

At the moment I have encountered 3 bugs left:
- An SFX that plays one too many times when returning to idle.

- The camera of the player that after a few rounds of animations freezes and stops moving when the animations change.

- Ara that always after a few turns of animations enters a specific animation without having given the input.

From now on, I will work on fixing these bugs, and I will try to make some parts of the body affected by physics.

Regarding the facial animations: for these I am referring to those present in the build for Desktop, however among the game files of the VR build there is nothing that refers to these animations.
In the next few days I will look at how the situation is also in the PC build and in case I will import those animations in the current project.

What will be missing to do:

- Vibration in controllers
- Menu
- Make the build available for SteamVR too

That's all for now.

Download:
MEGA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd UPDATE

Bugs in the latest update should have been fixed in this build.
Facial animations have also been added and some details have changed (for example Ara's hair which is now visible from both sides).

From now on I'll be working on physics, controller vibration and shaders.

After that, a small menu and port for SteamVR will remain to be done.

In the first post I mentioned the speed of change of the type of animations slowed down due to the fps of the Quest 2 (I think the same applies to the Quest as well). I said I would correct this by making it as fast as the PC: change of plans. Looking at the original build as well, I think this is better.
I am however open to feedback.

That's all for now.

Download:
MEGA
Are you not meant to look around in the second update? I tried looking down but the camera was fixed to look straight ahead.

Reactions: Excelia and ermousa

Excelia

Dec 15, 2019
Ara Scene VR REMASTERED

-------------------------------------------------------

Bug Fix

I was recently pointed out that a bug was preventing the camera from moving in the latest update, I double-checked the first one as well and the same problem occurred despite both updates being tested. However, this bug should now be fixed.

Download:
MEGA

Are you not meant to look around in the second update? I tried looking down but the camera was fixed to look straight ahead.
Thanks so much for reporting, it should now be fixed. Excuse me for the inconvenience.

Excelia

Dec 15, 2019
Ara Scene VR REMASTERED

QUEST/QUEST 2 RELEASE

Finally, this should be the latest update for the Quest / Quest 2 version.

In this version physics has been added in several elements present.
Added controller vibration.
All major bugs should have been fixed.
No menu has been added as it is not necessary.

In these days I will start working on the SteamVR version.
I'll keep you up-to-date.

These are the build controls.
View attachment 1148175

That's all for now.

Download:
MEGA
And 85% has been done, now only the SteamVR version is left to do. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Excelia

Dec 15, 2019
Ara Scene VR REMASTERED

STEAMVR RELEASE

And here's the SteamVR version too. There are some differences from the version for Quest/Quest 2: such as the vibration cannot be deactivated, the position of the camera is not fixed and to change the animation you need to double press the button. The rest is pretty much the same.

The download also includes the controller configuration files.

If you find any bug do not hesitate to report it and I hope you appreciate my work even if it is not perfect.

What am I going to do now?
From now on, I will be working 100% on my own game, an anime-style 3D visual novel about mental health.
At the moment I am still in a very young stage of work, but by the middle of next year I should already have a playable demo that will be published on Itch.io.

Thanks a lot to everyone for your attention and support!

That's all.

Download
Mega
Aaaand I finish this too!!

Crowza

Oct 25, 2020
At least this will shut up all the annoying babies that kept complaining about how he was milking his Patreons and robbing them.

In all seriousness though, this probably means the game never gets finished. He's probably made enough money to live comfortably for a long time and thus, has no reason to keep up a Patreon and adhere to their rules and his consumers complaints anymore.

RazRazor

Sep 26, 2017
"I can work much more efficiently if I don't have to show constant progress. As useful as it is, I don't wanna rely on crowdfunding ever again, though as I said, I'm really really grateful to you all. "

I mean, because he was a one man developer he only had 1, maybe 2 content updates per year. While it is understandable to have for an amibitous 3D game long development times if you are doing it alone, I cant get my head around the phrase "if I don't have to show constant progress".
Progress was already rarely shown in this game and that sounds like he can take more time now than he already does to release game updates. And since he did make more money in a single month than I earn in a year for multiple years now, he can take his time for the game.
I dont have any horse in the race, but I think if you are a patreon of his I would understand if you are at least somewhat "concerned"...
I may be wrong but I my opinion the release of a final product is questionable at best.

I just think that for this type of game you need to have a big team, or else there is a high possbility you will never finish this. Either you just lose interest or life gets in the way somehow.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
"I can work much more efficiently if I don't have to show constant progress. As useful as it is, I don't wanna rely on crowdfunding ever again, though as I said, I'm really really grateful to you all. "

I mean, because he was a one man developer he only had 1, maybe 2 content updates per year. While it is understandable to have for an amibitous 3D game long development times if you are doing it alone, I cant get my head around the phrase "if I don't have to show constant progress".
Progress was already rarely shown in this game and that sounds like he can take more time now than he already does to release game updates. And since he did make more money in a single month than I earn in a year for multiple years now, he can take his time for the game.
I dont have any horse in the race, but I think if you are a patreon of his I would understand if you are at least somewhat "concerned"...
I may be wrong but I my opinion the release of a final product is questionable at best.

I just think that for this type of game you need to have a big team, or else there is a high possbility you will never finish this. Either you just lose interest or life gets in the way somehow.
Seriously how shameless can he be? Dude was slightly better then Icstor at best. Other then that I can at least respect him not switching to another site and instead just working on the game with the small fortune hes made.

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
Seriously how shameless can he be? Dude was slightly better then Icstor at best. Other then that I can at least respect him not switching to another site and instead just working on the game with the small fortune hes made.
SMALL fortune? He probably has millions of USD. Since he lives in a 3rd world country as he said. He is set for life. He does not need to work a single day if he wanted to.

I'm happy he stopped milking money from the market, but I'm sad Patreon is doing such stupid things.

I can't believe people continued suppporting him. He didn't deliver updates, and for not hiring help or buying freelancer content. This is one of the biggest SCAMS in Patreon.

Rejost

Nov 7, 2019
Copium prices are going through the roof right about now. I can’t wait to see people who actually somehow manage to defend that.

Reactions: ZennyStar

kradlum

Jul 29, 2019
At least this will shut up all the annoying babies that kept complaining about how he was milking his Patreons and robbing them.

In all seriousness though, this probably means the game never gets finished. He's probably made enough money to live comfortably for a long time and thus, has no reason to keep up a Patreon and adhere to their rules and his consumers complaints anymore.
Was red only the NSFW creator that got kicked? Or other creators as well?

I have theories on this.

- IF REDAMZ WAS THE ONLY WHO GOT KICKED
someone close to a patreon dev, or a patreon dev saw his progress or his gameplay and hated on it

-IF OTHER NSFW CREATORS ALSO GOT KICKED 1.1
patreon is leaning to less NSFW content or they got hit by law stuffs (either tax related, monetary conflicts or whatever that ticks off the government)

-IF OTHER NSFW CREATORS ALSO GOT KICKED 1.2
these nsfw creators have the knack of progressive updates on their first month or year then get lazier and claim false updates but they still get they patreon money, many patrons complained about this and they prolly documented the stuff that patreon had to kick that creator.

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
Patreon fights against nsfw content more and more, anything questionable is a nono. Soon the only thing that will be allowed is missionary position sex for procreation, once per playthrough.

Without patron influences redamz will be even slower, I'll see you in 41st millennium. Hopefully by that time someone will make and finish a good monstergirl nsfw game with decent story. :HideThePain:

Excelia

Dec 15, 2019

I have theories on this.

someone close to a patreon dev, or a patreon dev saw his progress or his gameplay and hated on it

patreon is leaning to less NSFW content or they got hit by law stuffs (either tax related, monetary conflicts or whatever that ticks off the government)

these nsfw creators have the knack of progressive updates on their first month or year then get lazier and claim false updates, but they still get they patreon money, many patrons complained about this and they prolly documented the stuff that patreon had to kick that creator.
According to Redamz's post:
He was not kicked, also because the page is still present, it simply happened that Patreon requested changes within the lore of the game (and maybe not only), but Red refused, so counting that he already has the necessary resources to finish the game without crowfounding he decided to close his Patreon page. I don't know if other creators have been contacted by Patreon, but it is possible that it was done to stay in certain ethical lines.
As mentioned by Redamz, Patreon had suggested removing the adoptive sister relationship between Faranne and Ara as there is a scene that sees them both protagonists (Halloween Build), so ethically actually it is not the right thing.

What I think:
Personally I can't stand all the limitations that change an artistic work, of any field. We are not talking about reality or events that have occurred, but (in the case of MGI and other games) about stories and events that did not happen in reality and were born from the imagination of the creator, therefore I find it unfair to limit the creativity of the latter. If there is something in the finished work that someone does not like, they can simply write a review explaining in a polite way the points that they do not like or do not directly enjoy the use, listening or viewing of the work in question.

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017

I have theories on this.

these nsfw creators have the knack of progressive updates on their first month or year then get lazier and claim false updates but they still get they patreon money, many patrons complained about this and they prolly documented the stuff that patreon had to kick that creator.
No need to overthink. Patreon does not like incest, bestiality/furry, loli/shota and rape (did I miss anything?); so they ask developers to remove these fetishes from their games.

Some devs remove it and continue with their games. Others don't. Because they don't want to, or they can't remove it because it's the core of their product (e.g Studio FOW and DumbCrow), so patreon ban them.

Red wasn't banned. He just resigned from patreon.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ryusai

Apr 10, 2018
I may be an irrecuperable pessimist, but what I see is a golden opportunity for Redamz to vanish into thin air. He even found a scapegoat with "Patreon higher-up".
I would love to be proved wrong, but so far, he seems to be managing pretty well this little dream factory.

I'm just waiting for a message on Discord saying : "hey, take this beta version. I'm stopping here since I don't earn money anymore, I don't own you anything. Thanks for blowing supporting me all this time, I suppose".

I think he should be hired in the Star Citizen development team. So much potential for exploiting people's stupidity hopes.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Without patron influences redamz will be even slower, I'll see you in 41st millennium. Hopefully by that time someone will make and finish a good monstergirl nsfw game with decent story. :HideThePain:
While we traverse the cosmos at warp factor 10^3, we will be able to pass the time playing MGI. Maybe...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Caerna
3.60 star(s) 25 Votes