3.60 star(s) 25 Votes

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
exactly, mods are a sign that your fanbase loves your work more than you do, and they love it enough to make content for it. but if he doesn't want people making mods, then he needs to give people what they want.
Agreed. And for what it's worth, this dev created something that a lot of people loved and wanted to see more of. I knew this game had promise but I was amazed to see how the community could outlive the game itself.

Reactions: naoc

beeleeteapee

Nov 12, 2017
Also fiddling around with the materials. It's more cel-shaded now. Dunno if I'll keep it but I think faces look a bit cuter.
You have a thousand thanks from me, this is probably the only form of 'update' we'll get this year lmao.

here's some quotes from his discord server.
View attachment 1240361 View attachment 1240360 View attachment 1240359

I can sort of see where he is coming from, not wanting someone to mess with your work is respectable. but at the same time your game will eventually get mods regardless of whether or not you want them. especially when you create new content at a snails pace, people will realize that they could make the content they want to see faster than the dev can.
Of fucking course he'd disagree with mods. He wouldn't need to worry about people modding his game if he actually worked on his, lmao. Only way he can go lower is trying to stop anonamon which would sadly be most likely supported by his fans anyway. He's already taken down criticism posts so I don't see any reason for him NOT to try doing that. 'OnLy I kNoW hOw My GaMe WoRkS'

Karate Baka

Aug 1, 2020
here's some quotes from his discord server.
View attachment 1240361 View attachment 1240360 View attachment 1240359

I can sort of see where he is coming from, not wanting someone to mess with your work is respectable. but at the same time your game will eventually get mods regardless of whether or not you want them. especially when you create new content at a snails pace, people will realize that they could make the content they want to see faster than the dev can.
Bold words for somebody who barely works on his own stuff, maybe he is afraid of other ppl making more progress than him...
Its funny cause I just bought Skinwalker Hunt on steam for less than a dollar, which is a game developed by a single guy, Andrii Vintnsevych, who happens to have released FOUR full steam games on his own throughout the period of 6 years and is constantly working on updates, I know he had help from a music composer (Red also has one), and one animator for Witch Hunt, but it doesn't helps me being patient to Redamz, lol.

Agreed. And for what it's worth, this dev created something that a lot of people loved and wanted to see more of. I knew this game had promise but I was amazed to see how the community could outlive the game itself.
I agree, the concept is very unique and appealing, I got hooked right away. Too bad that the dev is slower than a citroen 2cv.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Would it make sense to open a new thread for the modded version of the game? IMO it would make it easier to track progress there, and discuss that exclusively in a more focused way. Unless the thread exists already and I missed it, I mean...
Perhaps, but if this is already abandonware we might as well keep using this thread since it will become a defacto mod thread anyway. It's not like the dev is going to interrupt our mod conversations by releasing a new update.

Bold words for somebody who barely works on his own stuff, maybe he is afraid of other ppl making more progress than him...
Its funny cause I just bought Skinwalker Hunt on steam for less than a dollar, which is a game developed by a single guy, Andrii Vintnsevych, who happens to have released FOUR full steam games on his own throughout the period of 6 years and is constantly working on updates, I know he had help from a music composer (Red also has one), and one animator for Witch Hunt, but it doesn't helps me being patient to Redamz, lol.

I agree, the concept is very unique and appealing, I got hooked right away. Too bad that the dev is slower than a citroen 2cv.
I know right. I remember seeing a let's play of this on the hub and knew this game could be one of the great ones. It is so sad that best shark girl won't be getting any more official scenes.

Karate Baka

Aug 1, 2020
Perhaps, but if this is already abandonware we might as well keep using this thread since it will become a defacto mod thread anyway. It's not like the dev is going to interrupt our mod conversations by releasing a new update.

I know right. I remember seeing a let's play of this on the hub and knew this game could be one of the great ones. It is so sad that best shark girl won't be getting any more official scenes.
I want moar best shark girl :cry:
anyone know when there will be more update
I'm afraid nobody knows, my friend-o... Maybe six months, or a year... or 5...

Apr 4, 2021
anyone know when there will be more update
now that Redamz has shutdown his patreon he has stated that:

"As for the fate of MGI, well, nothing about the end product will change. I'll just approach developing more efficiently with less updates and no wip builds"

so until the final product is released, don't expect any new updates. He might post development updates on discord but since he closed patreon he hasn't posted anything dev related

• Sad
Reactions: naoc

anonamon

May 31, 2021
I've decided to focus on hscenes, then scene selection for now. It's more fun. There's buttons at the top right for whatever animation you want to view, and I'll add a WASD flying alternative cam. I'll probably expose the material settings, post processing effects, and lights so you can play with them in game.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I really liked the color coded choice selection during conversations, I hope he doesn't have a copyright on that mechanic as it could be useful in other games on here.

beeleeteapee

Nov 12, 2017
now that Redamz has shutdown his patreon he has stated that:

"As for the fate of MGI, well, nothing about the end product will change. I'll just approach developing more efficiently with less updates and no wip builds"

so until the final product is released, don't expect any new updates. He might post development updates on discord but since he closed patreon he hasn't posted anything dev related
"Approach developing more efficiently with LESS updates and no WIP builds"

So he's gonna go from two updates a year to one 'full' update every two years instead, spectacular.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Anonamon out here like:
View attachment 1247201

Kind of a request/personal curiosity, but how difficult do you think it'd be to add costume select to the scenes?
So true but more like watching Endgame in reverse. If you watch it in reverse it's a movie about a powerful titan using his time and power to double the amount of life in the universe. Kinda like what our favorite fan updater is doing with the Monster Girl Island universe.

3.60 star(s) 25 Votes