3.60 star(s) 25 Votes
Feb 23, 2021
Well that's a shame but i guess that's just how it is with h-game developers nowadays i still hope this game will get more updates

succxess1

May 4, 2021
When i play h-games i mostly don't care about the story or most characters lmao but this game is genuinely interesting i don't know if i'm missing something but i find it super short and so little of content as of now and i would love to know if the author will continue on developing and adding more content
It's unknown right now but based off the history of this project if an update does eventually come it will be a long time.
The basic rundown (if you don't feel like going through all these pages) is the creator is often lazy and unmotivated.
This project has been going around since about 2016. I wasn't there from the beginning (thank god) I only got in around the time that the steam prologue was released about 2 years ago.
Supposedly a good amount of progress was done on this in the first couple years, it gained a lot of popularity and Patreon subscribers but the updates got slower and slower to the point where the amount of new content released in 2020 was really weak, failed promises and deadlines not being met which is bad considering the fact that he earned something like $20k a month? Basically he became unmotivated because he's already made a bunch of money, gotten a lot of praise and has been working on it for so long that he lost motivation.
He froze his patreon in late 2020, returned a few months later and then a couple months after that supposedly Patreon contacted him asking him to make changes to his game to meet their terms and services, something to do with Faranne and Ara being sisters and incest even though they're not biologically related (and it's fucking animation, not real) He posted a message about it as his last post on Patreon and has made his discord open and the latest version along with the Halloween build are available to download from there in the #Updates channel. He's said that he'll still be working on the game and that he's considering splitting it in two parts and finishing it possibly with an epilogue after chapter 5 and working on the rest of it as Part 2 with the updated unity engine.
There will be no more progress updates and he refuses to get someone else in to help speed up the process due to 'doing it on his own terms.'
I want to see this game finished because I have a real soft spot for it, it is unpolished in a few areas but to me this is still a high quality game. In terms of 3D, fully animated monster girl games this sits far above anything else and despite what those on /mggg/ will say it is hard going back to autistic, low res rpgmaker games right after playing an immersive first person, fully animated 3D game like this. There's a lot to like about monster girl island, It seems the main thing holding it back is its creator.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021
It's unknown right now but based off the history of this project if an update does eventually come it will be a long time.
The basic rundown (if you don't feel like going through all these pages) is the creator is often lazy and unmotivated.
This project has been going around since about 2016. I wasn't there from the beginning (thank god) I only got in around the time that the steam prologue was released about 2 years ago.
Supposedly a good amount of progress was done on this in the first couple years, it gained a lot of popularity and Patreon subscribers but the updates got slower and slower to the point where the amount of new content released in 2020 was really weak, failed promises and deadlines not being met which is bad considering the fact that he earned something like $20k a month? Basically he became unmotivated because he's already made a bunch of money, gotten a lot of praise and has been working on it for so long that he lost motivation.
He froze his patreon in late 2020, returned a few months later and then a couple months after that supposedly Patreon contacted him asking him to make changes to his game to meet their terms and services, something to do with Faranne and Ara being sisters and incest even though they're not biologically related (and it's fucking animation, not real) He posted a message about it as his last post on Patreon and has made his discord open and the latest version along with the Halloween build are available to download from there in the #Updates channel. He's said that he'll still be working on the game and that he's considering splitting it in two parts and finishing it possibly with an epilogue after chapter 5 and working on the rest of it as Part 2 with the updated unity engine.
There will be no more progress updates and he refuses to get someone else in to help speed up the process due to 'doing it on his own terms.'
I want to see this game finished because I have a real soft spot for it, it is unpolished in a few areas but to me this is still a high quality game. In terms of 3D, fully animated monster girl games this sits far above anything else and despite what those on /mggg/ will say it is hard going back to autistic, low res rpgmaker games right after playing an immersive first person, fully animated 3D game like this. There's a lot to like about monster girl island, It seems the main thing holding it back is its creator.
I must say there is a fuck ton of potential for this game at the moment if he doesn't want to work on it then maybe he should just hire somebody to make it for him since he made a bank from patreon for basically doing nothing at all but that's unlikely to happen

kradlum

Jul 29, 2019
Whelp i am gonna wait either way.
I just try to check progress every few months no to disappoint myself.
its been 6 months and he has zero new content.
All thanks to genshin impact. The faak you talkin about, the guy has his money maker fcked.
He wouldnt develop his stuff now for free. And he's cashin in all that royalty checks from patreon.
The guy is simply livin is life. Once all that money gets fucked, then look for "new content"

• Sad
Reactions: junior20000

succxess1

May 4, 2021
I must say there is a fuck ton of potential for this game at the moment if he doesn't want to work on it then maybe he should just hire somebody to make it for him since he made a bank from patreon for basically doing nothing at all but that's unlikely to happen
Yeah that seems really unlikely. His idea is that he wants to make the game entirely on his own terms but doesn't want to put in all the work, I guess I can understand that given the scope of the project for a single developer and i'm also pretty lazy.
This is speaking with naivety since i'm not a game dev but I think an idea would be for him to hire someone else to make the game alongside him. I can understand him not wanting to work with someone else, there are things that could go wrong, you could have a falling out and then they could leak shit is an obvious concern, they could do things not exactly how you want them so you have to spend time fixing their work, also having to talk to someone all the time could be annoying and disturb the creative process.
But if he found the exact right person he found trustworthy, likeable and understood what to do and thought on the same terms, he'd make it clear that he still dictates everything creative and would have to explain exactly how he wants things to be done so he would still be the boss and have a say in everything then it would speed up the process by both working on different things at the same time.
I can understand him not wanting to do that though, plus I think redamz lives in a third world Hispanic country so most likely he would have to work with someone online.

Reactions: LivaNielth

tropicalstorm

Feb 20, 2019
Sad to see this project has died. Too few 3D games and far fewer tolerable ones.

It's wild how easy and accessible making your own game is nowadays compared to how it used to be but 3D is still such a step up in difficulty. And that's not even touching on dealing with the constantly changing policies of Patreon, Steam, etc etc.

Maericke

Aug 5, 2016
Something jogged my memory about this game for the first time in a couple years and it definitely seems like I've missed a lot of drama lol.

Reactions: squidward

succxess1

May 4, 2021
Something jogged my memory about this game for the first time in a couple years and it definitely seems like I've missed a lot of drama lol.
I think most of what there is to know is in the long post I did earlier (#2512) add onto that supposedly some of the things within the game are just taken from Unity store assets and modified (not that most of us really care tbh) and the creator now seems to have prioritized his time and money into gacha games.

Reactions: LivaNielth

succxess1

May 4, 2021
how goes the nude mod
Maybe i'm in the minority but I wouldn't want to see one. I know I don't have to download it if I don't want to blah blah but to me it just seems more exciting and significant if you only get to see them naked during the ero scenes. Under the assumption this project will one day be finished and we will get to see all the girl characters naked in that way.

przemo10371

Modder
Feb 3, 2018
Maybe i'm in the minority but I wouldn't want to see one. I know I don't have to download it if I don't want to blah blah but to me it just seems more exciting and significant if you only get to see them naked during the ero scenes. Under the assumption this project will one day be finished and we will get to see all the girl characters naked in that way.
It takes away what's left of a charm

succxess1

May 4, 2021
You cannot troll the fans is their dev is already massively trolling them. They have developed a tolerance to it at this point.
I wasn't attempting to troll a MGI fan lol, if you actually look at my post you'll realize that is what I was pretending to be, in a very obvious troll way.
Anyway there's hardly any discussion on MGI in the mggg threads anyway, it's mostly a cesspit of Black souls, Sequel and preggo fan art of kitsunes or whatever.

Doujinator

Jul 9, 2019
Shame to see the game is still 'On Hold'. Been following the game for years now and it had me very excited. But I've seen behavior like what Redamz is doing now, and I hate to say it but... he has likely run off with all the money he made 'developing' the game and is likely never going to finish it. Or if he does, it'll be some half baked product that has barely any more content than it currently has and the whole Monster Girl Island saga will end on a bad note.

Of course I'm hoping that ^ isn't what happens, but how can I be hopeful when there's basically zero news on the game for about a year now? If it goes another year with no news, you can be sure he has abandoned his fans. But here's hoping to being proven wrong! I'd still love to see the game finished some day, whether it be by Redamz's hands or by modders.

Apr 4, 2021
isn't there already a nude mod for v0.44.3?

Reactions: Boldano
3.60 star(s) 25 Votes