3.60 star(s) 25 Votes

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
im not naive, naive are people that giving money every month dont matter how much dev worked im only giving money when updating
Well, friend, you just saved all the money you were going to give in the future.

This is the most famous, abandoned game in the whole Universe!

And it has made it's dev a ton of money from the naive.

...and people are Still asking about it!

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
I found the Golden Coconut but nothing happened i don't know what to do now is there another place i can ask questions ?
Go stand on the end of the dock, spin around three time, then open your inventory and type M E O W, which will trigger the Ara scene.
Alternatively: Go back to the discord cause no one here has ever believed this "Golden Coconut" nonsense.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Well, friend, you just saved all the money you were going to give in the future.

This is the most famous, abandoned game in the whole Universe!

And it has made it's dev a ton of money from the naive.

...and people are Still asking about it!
Do you know for a fact that the game is abandoned? From what others said, due to issues with Patreon the dev can't rely on it anymore, but enough money was accumulated to work on the game on a desired pace, especially since without Patreon there also isn't a need to consistently release new updates.

It is hard to say whether the truth was told, but at the same time it also isn't that easy to prove the opposite, so all we can do is wait and see what happens. Development takes time so it can be a while, but time will tell.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Do you know for a fact that the game is abandoned? From what others said, due to issues with Patreon the dev can't rely on it anymore, but enough money was accumulated to work on the game on a desired pace, especially since without Patreon there also isn't a need to consistently release new updates.

It is hard to say whether the truth was told, but at the same time it also isn't that easy to prove the opposite, so all we can do is wait and see what happens. Development takes time so it can be a while, but time will tell.

after reading the above, I rest my case!

Our ability to volitionally believe or not believe ANY statement is on clear display. The evidence is clear. The Dev has closed his patreon account, not done a single update in over a year, has scammed tons of $$$$ off contributers and was last seen playing games on another site. Evidence is not what you say, it is what you do. In spite of any 'true believer's' wishes, this game is Dead!
Believe what you will.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
after reading the above, I rest my case!

Our ability to volitionally believe or not believe ANY statement is on clear display. The evidence is clear. The Dev has closed his patreon account, not done a single update in over a year, has scammed tons of $$$$ off contributers and was last seen playing games on another site. Evidence is not what you say, it is what you do. In spite of any 'true believer's' wishes, this game is Dead!
Believe what you will.
It is nothing more than a waiting game because of missing communications. Either the dev will release an update (or full game, which I believe was the plan now if I recall correctly) or people are impatient and think of it as abandoned. Since there is no communication it is easy to assume the game is abandoned, whether the dev was playing games or not isn't that important (as long as it wasn't nothing but playing games and neglecting development).

From what I can tell, we simply don't know whether the dev is working on the game or not, simply because there is no communication, so we can't tell whether it is truly abandoned or not, the most we can do is assume. Or, simply wait. We could shelf the game and wait for noteworthy news to appear, or we just forget about it.

The game had potential, but what I am often more disappointed about (generally speaking) is when communications are bad and not necessarily the development state. It is important to upkeep communications to some degree, preferably consistent and with sufficient transparency, because if neglected it is easy to lose trust. And in this case, most of the trust is already lost.

This is besides the point, but is there a need for the increased font size?

ShadowChanSeh

Oct 19, 2017
It is nothing more than a waiting game because of missing communications. Either the dev will release an update (or full game, which I believe was the plan now if I recall correctly) or people are impatient and think of it as abandoned. Since there is no communication it is easy to assume the game is abandoned, whether the dev was playing games or not isn't that important (as long as it wasn't nothing but playing games and neglecting development).

From what I can tell, we simply don't know whether the dev is working on the game or not, simply because there is no communication, so we can't tell whether it is truly abandoned or not, the most we can do is assume. Or, simply wait. We could shelf the game and wait for noteworthy news to appear, or we just forget about it.

The game had potential, but what I am often more disappointed about (generally speaking) is when communications are bad and not necessarily the development state. It is important to upkeep communications to some degree, preferably consistent and with sufficient transparency, because if neglected it is easy to lose trust. And in this case, most of the trust is already lost.

This is besides the point, but is there a need for the increased font size?
You must be new to this here game, so I'll put this lightly.

The dev of the game has spent several years now doing little to nothing when it comes to progress on the game. We can clearly see this due to the lack of substance in each subsequent update of the game. I mean, after the first 2 or 3 years it was quite obvious that they either got burnt out or completely lost interest in the game, yet they still kept denying this and taking money from people. We can also tell that the dev isn't actually working more than 10mins a week (generous estimate) by how much time they spend playing other games and screwing around in their personal discord. This isn't even mentioning the 10s of thousands of patreon dollars they wasted in freetoplay games instead of using said money to hire on a few people to help with the game.

All of the evidence, discussion, etc. is all in this thread and has been explained and rediscussed over and over again.
If you truely can't bring yourself to believe that the dev has lost any real desire to finish this game still, you must truly have a level of belief that rivals even the most devoted pope.

In short, yes the dev is wasting dev time on other things and no we aren't jumping to conclusions, we got history and evidence mate.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
You must be new to this here game, so I'll put this lightly.

The dev of the game has spent several years now doing little to nothing when it comes to progress on the game. We can clearly see this due to the lack of substance in each subsequent update of the game. I mean, after the first 2 or 3 years it was quite obvious that they either got burnt out or completely lost interest in the game, yet they still kept denying this and taking money from people. We can also tell that the dev isn't actually working more than 10mins a week (generous estimate) by how much time they spend playing other games and screwing around in their personal discord. This isn't even mentioning the 10s of thousands of patreon dollars they wasted in freetoplay games instead of using said money to hire on a few people to help with the game.

All of the evidence, discussion, etc. is all in this thread and has been explained and rediscussed over and over again.
If you truely can't bring yourself to believe that the dev has lost any real desire to finish this game still, you must truly have a level of belief that rivals even the most devoted pope.

In short, yes the dev is wasting dev time on other things and no we aren't jumping to conclusions, we got history and evidence mate.
Well, personally I don't really care either way. I am just not fully excluding the possibility that the dev could still be working on the game, pace and efficiency are another topic though. I often just shelf games and might just forget about them, especially if there isn't sufficient development transparency.

There are plenty of games which simply get abandoned, but occasionally there might be a game or two which were thought to be abandoned would receive a new update. The best approach is to shelf (and/or forget) most of them unless there is sufficient transparency as to whether or not development is taking place.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Well, personally I don't really care either way. I am just not fully excluding the possibility that the dev could still be working on the game, pace and efficiency are another topic though. I often just shelf games and might just forget about them, especially if there isn't sufficient development transparency.

There are plenty of games which simply get abandoned, but occasionally there might be a game or two which were thought to be abandoned would receive a new update. The best approach is to shelf (and/or forget) most of them unless there is sufficient transparency as to whether or not development is taking place.

I'll say it gently also.... shelf and forget this game,
if you've played it, you've gotten all you're going to get....

(big font a/c I don't see well...use magnifier for yours, like this when I'm typing)

DarkMiros

Feb 2, 2018

The thing is there is no sufficient transparency, the only thing we get right now are some words from him from time to time. We dont see any development. When i learned something in life then that words can be cheap. And right now as long i dont see any development his words are cheap for me.

3.60 star(s) 25 Votes