• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.50 star(s) 23 Votes

czarred

Mar 30, 2023
Not surprised this is labeled as abandoned. People handed this dude way too much money for way too long for what amounted to as a proof-of concept. Prologue was, what, back in 2019? Even then I remember being surprised that came out.

Still, maybe something will come out eventually. Doubt it, but who knows?

Reactions: Aelth and DocRipper

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
I'm from the future guys, I was a believer, but he only released a bugfix update in 2037 and died soon after
Hahahahha..This made my day. :LOL:

But it's not nice to kick dead bodies...
Game is still not abandoned tho
Technically abandoned. There is no proof, screenshot, update. Nothing. His promises are still the same. He's still behaving the same way. "Sorry I have been so long silence" ... that's really something new.
From a "religious" point of view (rather cult of the game) ... a lot of people believes that something is happening and everyone would like something to come out ... It already seems to me like faith in a false God. Still fascinating that the cult of the game survives.

vastary

Oct 12, 2018
This dev literally found a way to keep getting donations without being moderated by a crawfunding platform and even managed to find a lie to tell he could believe himself. Just like you say to yourself and supporters that you are doing sport but what you do is 20 push up a week. I mean in fact you say the truth, you just don't say everything

Reactions: HumanRug

zev_zev

Jun 15, 2023
Creative people are sometimes obstinate, but is not a problem for me. I'm a Yoko Taro fan after all =)
Just hope he's fine and happy

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
so the unique build have different scene from original game scene?
They are not very "unique". Just Scene builds.
Some of these builds are part of the game, some are part of the game but with different text to fit the storyline...some of the older ones are just a test and not in the main game. Some are special builds like Easter and Halloween (not part of the main game).
Try them.;)

Well, for better orientation in builds.

*Sayuri and Renge (Twin Kitsunes) - Old Test Build
*Ara - Test Build
*Special events: Easter + Halloween v1 + Halloween v2 (Same as V1 + threesome MC-Faranne-Ara)
*Adeline: the same scene, just a different text/story

The others are the same as in the main game..i think..:)

Last edited:

UnluckySoup

Jun 16, 2022
It's weird how there's so many things that don't have a use. like you can talk to all the robed spirits at night, but nothing happens as far as I'm aware. And a lot of the things in the shop cost a lot, even though (as far as I can tell) the best way for making money is selling crabs for 30 each. somewhere it says cooking stuff sells for more, but I never figured out how to cook. The game feels like its missing something, probably because it is. The ending is way out of left field, and it kind of made me feel like all the time I spent playing was for nothing. No matter the choices you make, you still get the same, miserable outcome. A;; that being said, I definitely enjoyed the game, and most of its writing was pretty good.

Reactions: succxess1

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
It's weird how there's so many things that don't have a use. like you can talk to all the robed spirits at night, but nothing happens as far as I'm aware. And a lot of the things in the shop cost a lot, even though (as far as I can tell) the best way for making money is selling crabs for 30 each. somewhere it says cooking stuff sells for more, but I never figured out how to cook. The game feels like its missing something, probably because it is. The ending is way out of left field, and it kind of made me feel like all the time I spent playing was for nothing. No matter the choices you make, you still get the same, miserable outcome. A;; that being said, I definitely enjoyed the game, and most of its writing was pretty good.
Simple answer: Version "0".
Complex: A lot of people on F95 often criticize something that is in dev. In the Alpha stage nobody cares about non-fatal bugs, or balance in shop pricing. You just test and add new features. It would probably be adjusted in the beta phase...maybe removed. Who knows. Overall, the adventure elements were quite weak. Maps large and empty. The whole game is just a 3D Visual novel.
About night Spirits. I was also looking for some sense, pattern or puzzle in this ,but I think it is just about symbolism .. that in the village "someone" plays with dark forces... and it works like a "warning". However, since you have no choice and the plot is linear, it is actually unnecessary. It just illustrates the current atmosphere I think.

nanajosh

Jul 18, 2017
I honestly thought the guy had straight up died.
I figured he was just sitting around, raking up the cash from the people that kept up the false hope of an update. That's still my belief if I'm being honest. This might be a way to get more supporters again by saying "It was all Patreons fault, I've totally still been working on it but Patreon is the one to blame. Anyway, you got about $3.50?"

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes