3.50 star(s) 23 Votes

jtm999

Dec 29, 2018
The part with the strange girls is a sex scene in the latest build I'm pretty sure. It happens at the end of chapter 4 and you have to click I love you when Ai leaves.
Yup, but of course it wasn't implemented like Snake-girl scene, the latter atleast got some preview, well, I guess that four-way will be interesting, but
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dumb me of course forget to save so I had to redo the whole trial thing again to get there. So I had time to think more about it.

Reactions: Excelia

Excelia

Dec 15, 2019
Yup, but of course it wasn't implemented like Snake-girl scene, the latter atleast got some preview, well, I guess that four-way will be interesting, but
Dumb me of course forget to save so I had to redo the whole trial thing again to get there. So I had time to think more about it.
about the second spoiler: I've never thought about it, but it seems to me a very interesting shot. I would really like to see the game continue that way

Reactions: naoc

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
I know I may be hitting a honeycomb without even noticing it, but I'm curious.

Has this project been on hold since September? Oh since when?

It is just because someone gave a review of it in the reviews section that I remembered again about the existence of this project, but I do not remember when the last update was given on the main page.

P.D: It's not because I'm insensitive, but I can't help but think ... because almost all the big titles that were in work (of this type) have entered a crisis? I know that the world situation is not the best but (and sorry if I offend someone) but for them that their main jobs are within their homes and their livelihood from the patreons I do not see why they have entered into said crisis, if the patreon for the numbers that I have seen in some projects have suffered almost nothing and in almost (if not at all) no one has suffered in the sense of the disease (direct or indirect), so, unless the story is extremely complicated and somewhat it escapes me, I just don't understand.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
P.D: It's not because I'm insensitive, but I can't help but think ... because almost all the big titles that were in work (of this type) have entered a crisis? I know that the world situation is not the best but (and sorry if I offend someone) but for them that their main jobs are within their homes and their livelihood from the patreons I do not see why they have entered into said crisis, if the patreon for the numbers that I have seen in some projects have suffered almost nothing and in almost (if not at all) no one has suffered in the sense of the disease (direct or indirect), so, unless the story is extremely complicated and somewhat it escapes me, I just don't understand.
Look at it this way; no matter how much money you make, if you don't spend it on game development (hiring people to help you manage the load works wonders), you'll eventually hit a wall where you either have to put it on hold, or kill it outright.

One person can only do so much. If it takes AAA development studios with several people up to 5 (or more) years to make even a semi-decent game, how in the hell is one person supposed to complete such an ambitious project in a *reasonable* amount of time?

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
One person can only do so much. If it takes AAA development studios with several people up to 5 (or more) years to make even a semi-decent game, how in the hell is one person supposed to complete such an ambitious project in a *reasonable* amount of time?
dd0 - Kopie.png

Well let me be honest here , with the amount of money he received each month he could easely outsource most of the annoying things. With the help of sites like Fiverr you can easely search for someone who at least creates animations for you and this is lifting MUCH weight from your shoulders. For sure it will be very expensive but with around 30k a month.. well.. you have enough.

And there are many other things you can also specifically order besides that. You just need to find a experienced 3D artist.

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
I don't think 3D art or animations are his problems, after suffering through modding mgi so many times I've got a feeling that he doesn't know how to make new gameplay systems, basically how to make mgi interesting game, not only 3D vn. Good 2d-3d artist, mediocre writer, crap gamedev.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I don't think 3D art or animations are his problems, after suffering through modding mgi so many times I've got a feeling that he doesn't know how to make new gameplay systems, basically how to make mgi interesting game, not only 3D vn. Good 2d-3d artist, mediocre writer, crap gamedev.
Well , this is unfortunately something he has to figure out for himself. I am aware that the game lacks any real direction and that the story is ahm... it exists.. somehow..^_^

OtakuGamer11

Jan 19, 2019
Then just make it a bloody 3D VN. The models are great. The minigames are utter shit. Just make it a string of vaguely connected sex scenes and it's fine! Enough delusions of grandeur over some overly-complicated story only he cares about. Nobody cares about the stupid war between humans and monsters and whatnot, I just want to break the tsundere fox girl so I can have a threesome with her and her sister, and put a goddamned maid outfit on the slime girl!

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Then just make it a bloody 3D VN. The models are great. The minigames are utter shit. Just make it a string of vaguely connected sex scenes and it's fine! Enough delusions of grandeur over some overly-complicated story only he cares about. Nobody cares about the stupid war between humans and monsters and whatnot, I just want to break the tsundere fox girl so I can have a threesome with her and her sister, and put a goddamned maid outfit on the slime girl!
I agree on most of your points, especially the threesome with Renge and Sayuri, but I do care about the story, as I want to see what happens to/with Ophelia; where the original inhabitants of the village disappeared to; whether or not Eydis gets severely humiliated/humbled; and whether or not you get to pay that bitch Ai back.

OtakuGamer11

Jan 19, 2019
OK, so I guess somebody DOES care about the story, but I seriously doubt anyone cares about the "new gameplay systems" you mentioned. The silly slime shooting game was abysmal. Even running for the shark girl was boring. He should stop trying to add new minigames. The game is fine as it is. Do new animations, write whatever story you want to write, and get some updates out.

However, I suspect that animations are a pain to do too, and chances are it's those that he's getting too lazy to make. A while ago, in this thread, an animator came in and argued with Redamz himself, IIRC. I don't recall what he was arguing on, but I do remember him saying that you need to be careful how you position the camera because models tend to glitch and clip and whatnot, and that Redamz defintely knew that given most of the angles in the game are forced. Maybe Redamz was feinting ignorance? I don't remember and I can't find the post. If anyone can find it please share.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
OK, so I guess somebody DOES care about the story, but I seriously doubt anyone cares about the "new gameplay systems" you mentioned. The silly slime shooting game was abysmal. Even running for the shark girl was boring. He should stop trying to add new minigames. The game is fine as it is. Do new animations, write whatever story you want to write, and get some updates out.

However, I suspect that animations are a pain to do too, and chances are it's those that he's getting too lazy to make. A while ago, in this thread, an animator came in and argued with Redamz himself, IIRC. I don't recall what he was arguing on, but I do remember him saying that you need to be careful how you position the camera because models tend to glitch and clip and whatnot, and that Redamz defintely knew that given most of the angles in the game are forced. Maybe Redamz was feinting ignorance? I don't remember and I can't find the post. If anyone can find it please share.
I'll admit, the minigames were shit, and were my least favorite parts of the game.

Excelia

Dec 15, 2019
Ara Scene VR REMASTERED

Hi everyone, as some may know, that build doesn't work with the latest headsets. So, to start getting familiar with Unity (which I'm going to use for personal projects) I started working on a remastered that makes it possible to use that build even with the latest technologies.
As I expected I had to start redoing all the scripts from scratch (what better time to improve in programming?).

The remastered is NOT over yet, there are still several things to do, but I have a little alpha ready for the owners of Quest and Quest 2.
Speaking of the remastered: the main goal I have is the porting on Quest/Quest 2, but there will also be the SteamVR version (which will come a little later).

I changed the setting and the 3D model of Ara: the setting is now no longer that area defined by wooden fences, but now it is Ara's house, while the model is still Ara, but it is simply that of the last Build. The animations are the same, but the new model, during them in some places seems to bend in a strange way (these days I will look if I can solve).

In the Quest version the animations change very slowly, probably because of the fps. These days I will also solve this.

There are still some features that I suspect were present in the original version, but slowly I hope to be able to implement those too. In return, however, I added something else... ;)
For now, SFX is also missing, which I will probably add in the next version. I also plan to add a menu to manage other aspects of the build.

Also, at the moment it is possible to move yourself within the scene, but I strongly advise against it. I will remove the ability to move shortly, as it is useless and pointless compared to the build type.

For Quest/Quest 2 owners: You can install the apk via . Feedback will be very helpful and any help is welcome.

That's all for now.

Downloads:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST UPDATE

I finally fixed the camera, now I think it is much better and I don't think it will go through many changes. In addition, I also fixed the audio. Now all SFX should work and I've fixed some bugs, but not all of them yet. This build now seems more stable on Quest.

At the moment I have encountered 3 bugs left:
- An SFX that plays one too many times when returning to idle.

- The camera of the player that after a few rounds of animations freezes and stops moving when the animations change.

- Ara that always after a few turns of animations enters a specific animation without having given the input.

From now on, I will work on fixing these bugs, and I will try to make some parts of the body affected by physics.

Regarding the facial animations: for these I am referring to those present in the build for Desktop, however among the game files of the VR build there is nothing that refers to these animations.
In the next few days I will look at how the situation is also in the PC build and in case I will import those animations in the current project.

What will be missing to do:

- Vibration in controllers
- Menu
- Make the build available for SteamVR too

That's all for now.

Download:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd UPDATE

Bugs in the latest update should have been fixed in this build.
Facial animations have also been added and some details have changed (for example Ara's hair which is now visible from both sides).

From now on I'll be working on physics, controller vibration and shaders.

After that, a small menu and port for SteamVR will remain to be done.

In the first post I mentioned the speed of change of the type of animations slowed down due to the fps of the Quest 2 (I think the same applies to the Quest as well). I said I would correct this by making it as fast as the PC: change of plans. Looking at the original build as well, I think this is better.
I am however open to feedback.

That's all for now.

Download:

Bug Fix

I was recently pointed out that a bug was preventing the camera from moving in the latest update, I double-checked the first one as well and the same problem occurred despite both updates being tested before publication. However, this bug should now be fixed.

Download:

QUEST/QUEST 2 RELEASE

Finally, this should be the latest update for the Quest / Quest 2 version.

In this version physics has been added in several elements present.
Added controller vibration.
All major bugs should have been fixed.
No menu has been added as it is not necessary.

In these days I will start working on the SteamVR version.
I'll keep you up-to-date.

These are the build controls.
Controls.png

That's all for now.

Download:

STEAMVR RELEASE

And here's the SteamVR version too. There are some differences from the version for Quest/Quest 2: such as the vibration cannot be deactivated, the position of the camera is not fixed and to change the animation you need to double press the button. The rest is pretty much the same.

The download also includes the controller configuration files.

If you find any bug do not hesitate to report it and I hope you appreciate my work even if it is not perfect.

What am I going to do now?
From now on, I will be working 100% on my own game, an anime-style 3D visual novel about mental health.
At the moment I am still in a very young stage of work, but by the middle of next year I should already have a playable demo that will be published on Itch.io.

Thanks a lot to everyone for your attention and support!

That's all.

Download

Last edited:

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Ara Scene VR REMASTERED

Hi everyone, as some may know, that build doesn't work with the latest headsets. So, to start getting familiar with Unity (which I'm going to use for personal projects) I started working on a remastered that makes it possible to use that build even with the ...
Good to see that you got the hang of it :)
Sorry that i could not really help you when you asked >_<

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes