RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

neemoos

Jul 3, 2021
Did you use all updates in order or just last one?
I did them in order with masterdragonson's links from page 65 and updated the Data folder from the one at page 87. Not sure if it's still relevant, but I deleted the folder's content and then put in the newer version instead of just overwriting the files. It was probably unnecessary, but I also put copied the "Patch" folder from your "for lazy people/mgqp-on-the-fly" post - I only had the evasion patch beforehand (which I've read it was fixed in the updates), so I figured it would either do something good that I wasn't aware of or, at worse, nothing at all. I didn't touch uchihafabio's version, but I suppose it's an option in case I can't figure out how to deal with this.

Also, something I forgot to include on my last post, but since the update, my game has to (explicitly) load the data everytime I boot it up, taking considerably longer to start up compared to before. Is that normal?

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
I did them in order with masterdragonson's links from page 65 and updated the Data folder from the one at page 87. Not sure if it's still relevant, but I deleted the folder's content and then put in the newer version instead of just overwriting the files. It was probably unnecessary, but I also put copied the "Patch" folder from your "for lazy people/mgqp-on-the-fly" post - I only had the evasion patch beforehand (which I've read it was fixed in the updates), so I figured it would either do something good that I wasn't aware of or, at worse, nothing at all. I didn't touch uchihafabio's version, but I suppose it's an option in case I can't figure out how to deal with this.

Also, something I forgot to include on my last post, but since the update, my game has to (explicitly) load the data everytime I boot it up, taking considerably longer to start up compared to before. Is that normal?
Longer loading time is if you use "for lazy people/mgqp-on-the-fly" way. It loads translation each time you start the game. Yes it takes longer time but you dont need to go through patching process each time, just extract translation in Translation Files to update.

try deleting ALL files in Data folder, and then extract there masterdragonson's prepatched files there, should fix it. Also if you use on the fly way, it is recommended to have game in untranslated state.

neemoos

Jul 3, 2021
Longer loading time is if you use "for lazy people/mgqp-on-the-fly" way. It loads translation each time you start the game. Yes it takes longer time but you dont need to go through patching process each time, just extract translation in Translation Files to update.
Ah, that's pretty neat. I've moved it to a different folder for now, but I can see it being helpful in the future.

try deleting ALL files in Data folder, and then extract there masterdragonson's prepatched files there, should fix it.
I was a bit skeptical on this one (tbh, I still am a little bit), as this was the last thing I did before I tested the 2.35 version, so doing the exact same thing seemed... unintuitive. I still did it anyway and, at least so far, my game seems to be working properly. Many thanks for the help =)

Lastly, though not very important, I just played through Chapter 3 of the collab, and Tarsa had her alternate sprite right from the start (the small version you see moving on the map, not the one during cutscenes). Again, it's not a big deal (I had already watched the overall plot of the collab from a LP, so I wasn't spoiled or anything), I'm just wondering if that's normal? At first I thought I was missing something from the Graphics folder, but I gave a quick look at them and I do have her sprite (files $ROBF2 and Collaboration04_cip, in the Characters subfolder), so I guess it just didn't load properly?

Last edited:

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Lastly, though not very important, I just played through Chapter 3 of the collab, and Tarsa had her alternate sprite right from the start (the small version you see moving on the map, not the one during cutscenes). Again, it's not a big deal (I had already watched the overall plot of the collab from a LP, so I wasn't spoiled or anything), I'm just wondering if that's normal? At first I thought I was missing something from the Graphics folder, but I gave a quick look at them and I do have her sprite (files $ROBF2 and Collaboration04_cip, in the Characters subfolder), so I guess it just didn't load properly?
You need to ask on Arzor-X's discord it it is a bug. Also you need to use latest translation version.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwardyunbip

Reiga711

Jul 30, 2018
Anyone know if the full save for gallery/pocket castle scenes works for ver 2.35? If it works can anyone be kind to pop it in? I forgot where it is

Adolfo 155

Dec 29, 2018
Can someone create the same translated recent game, but without having progress being made and bug free. (Im playing on Android using Joiplay, so don't know this apply to everyone.)

When I download it and run the game, the first 5 save files have being used, with characters at high level and many unlucked. And in the library section, there's many progress already being made, with a 61% complete. There's character, monsters, weapon, armor, achievements, etc., books that are moslty unlucked, which feels very unsatisfying that I'm not the one who earned it.

Theres also this bugs promblem with the game. When I search for iteams in boxes, pots, drawers, etc., the iteam is a black box when it pops up. When you go in the librarery section, in the books logs, the names of the characters/iteams are invisible, but the description does appear thankfuly. These are the bugs that I've seen, so don't know there's more.

If someone can do that, I would highly appreciate for your help. If is already done, pls send me the link, I will appreciate for that as well.

Maddie of Gotha

Dec 19, 2020
Uhhh question, I beat part 2 (Saving LoC for way later after Part 3 TBH) and did some bonus stuff, not 100% yet though, not even close, but I have version 2.23 and the game is at 2.35 right? Haven't read how (too lazy lolrip), but how would I update/patch my game with the new content/translation(?) while keeping my progress?

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
When I download it and run the game, the first 5 save files have being used, with characters at high level and many unlucked. And in the library section, there's many progress already being made, with a 61% complete. There's character, monsters, weapon, armor, achievements, etc., books that are moslty unlucked, which feels very unsatisfying that I'm not the one who earned it.
Just delete save folder ....:rolleyes:
Uhhh question, I beat part 2 (Saving LoC for way later after Part 3 TBH) and did some bonus stuff, not 100% yet though, not even close, but I have version 2.23 and the game is at 2.35 right? Haven't read how (too lazy lolrip), but how would I update/patch my game with the new content/translation(?) while keeping my progress?
Use all updates from masterdragonson's post on page 65 in order, and then delete all files in data folder and put his pre-patched files from OP

Theres also this bugs promblem with the game. When I search for iteams in boxes, pots, drawers, etc., the iteam is a black box when it pops up. When you go in the librarery section, in the books logs, the names of the characters/iteams are invisible, but the description does appear thankfuly. These are the bugs that I've seen, so don't know there's more.
There is no problem with black boxes on the pc so whatever the problem is it is related to Joiplay , so ask on their forum/discord, and not here. Also try the game without translation.

Last edited:

Maddie of Gotha

Dec 19, 2020
Just delete save folder ....:rolleyes:

Use all updates from masterdragonson's post on page 65 in order, and then delete all files in data folder and put his pre-patched files from OP

There is no problem with black boxes on the pc so whatever the problem is it is related to Joiplay , so ask on their forum/discord, and not here. Also try the game without translation.
So just copy-paste the extracted data in these update folders into the data folder (which I empty out)? Would this hurt my save? I don't know exactly what to do. I got the files, will get the trans patch.

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
So just copy-paste the extracted data in these update folders into the data folder (which I empty out)? Would this hurt my save? I don't know exactly what to do. I got the files, will get the trans patch.
yes ,extract each of those updated and paste them in your game folder,then delete files in data folder and paste masterdragonson's pre-patched files also you will not loose save unless you delete save folder. You can also download whole game from OP if basic copy/paste is beyond you.

Last edited:

Maddie of Gotha

Dec 19, 2020
So the patch worked and I am at 2.35, but the translation process is not. I did what they said and it's still in Japanese:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Am I doing something wrong? I extract the english translation they linked to the "script" file like they say, do the process, but still Japanese.

applepie123

Aug 3, 2017
What companions have the most unique dialogue lines while talking to random npc and/or story events? Apart from the few main characters like Alice, Ilias, Sonya, Promestein, etc.. Vanilla has quite a lot, and hilarious ones too.

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
So the patch worked and I am at 2.35, but the translation process is not. I did what they said and it's still in Japanese:

Am I doing something wrong? I extract the english translation they linked to the "script" file like they say, do the process, but still Japanese.
script? use ,masterdragonson's pre-patched data folder from op, i already told you that, twice. Youre not paying attention.

You can also manually patch or try like you did since you said script and using game from out, no idea at what point you messed up, look in older post, that method was mentioned at least a dozen+ times, or use auto loader, so look yourself if you want to use those.

Last edited:

Maddie of Gotha

Dec 19, 2020
script? use ,masterdragonson's pre-patched data folder from op, i already told you that, twice. Youre not paying attention.

You can also manually patch or try like you did since you said script and using game from out, no idea at what point you messed up, look in older post, that method was mentioned at least a dozen+ times, or use auto loader, so look yourself if you want to use those.
I used the RPGMakerVXAce Translator tool and followed the readme. I assume something went wrong around Step 4, because I would extract the ArzorX transcript into the script folder and nothing had to be replaced, despite the readme saying "Click Yes whenever asked to replace the existing files."

I am fucking up. I will just get the pre-patched file. I didn't like feeling like I was going the lazy way out but I am utterly cursed when it comes to modifying or extracting files, took like a whole day to properly get the MGQ VN running when I got it.

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
I used the RPGMakerVXAce Translator tool and followed the readme. I assume something went wrong around Step 4, because I would extract the ArzorX transcript into the script folder and nothing had to be replaced, despite the readme saying "Click Yes whenever asked to replace the existing files."

I am fucking up. I will just get the pre-patched file. I didn't like feeling like I was going the lazy way out but I am utterly cursed when it comes to modifying or extracting files, took like a whole day to properly get the MGQ VN running when I got it.
When you used gameselector, it should have created 2 folders, script and blobs, you replace files inside script folder those 3803 files with those from bitbucket. You should be able to clearly see files named same way.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Oh man it has been so long since i last played this. I will likely have to start from the begining because i pretty sure i barely remember the story.

And it seems 2.4 is coming next month if no issues arise. :LOL:

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes