RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

Ahoura

Sep 22, 2018
Is a sequel.
I don't think you know what a sequel is. A sequel is a phenomenon that continues the story. a spiritual sequel is a phenomenon that takes place in the SAME universe as the previous game, but you're either A: a different character or B: Its a different Timeline.

Bbyxqq

Aug 8, 2022
I don't think you know what a sequel is. A sequel is a phenomenon that continues the story. a spiritual sequel is a phenomenon that takes place in the SAME universe as the previous game, but you're either A: a different character or B: Its a different Timeline.
Ilias is from first trilogy timeline and world

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021
That sounds awfully pedantic. In a way, Paradox does continue the original story. Its just that it involves time travel shenanigan's which means that the overall larger story arc resets the perspectives of many of the characters.

I would say that paradox is a sequel to the original games in the same way that the Loki series is a sequel to the marvel movies. Technically, the story centers around an entirely different (multiverse) Loki and their adventure in a separate timeline, but a large majority of Loki's character arc wouldn't have any impact without the context of the movies.

Plaisanterie

Dec 16, 2017
To be fair if you play paradox without playing original story you miss out almost 99,9% of jokes
Not only the jokes, but also a lot of references and the overall story. Say, if you have never played the original trilogy, it will be weird for you when Nero says that Luka has no childhood friend and that Sonya shouldn't exist.

On the other hand, if you did play the original trilogy, you are already wondering beforehand who this "Sonya" is and you understand where Nero is coming for. Not playing the trilogy would just make it confusing whereas if you played it, it almost adds a horror aspect to it because you do know that she should not exist.

LainHarth

Sep 23, 2018
It's a direct sequel tbh, though you only get to know the details near the end of part 2
This ^

At first Paradox is more like a spin-off of the original triolgy, but you dont notice is a sequel until late on part 2, when is revealed that Nero/Neris/Illias/Black Alice come from the original timeline.

jjwolf272

Feb 18, 2021
This ^

At first Paradox is more like a spin-off of the original triolgy, but you dont notice is a sequel until late on part 2, when is revealed that Nero/Neris/Illias/Black Alice come from the original timeline.
The white rabbit kinda hints that it's a sequal as soon as you get to the second town. There's also the first offset world referencing what happens in the original game after you lose to granberia in that very town. Throw in Aunt Micheala and Tamamo's hologram scene and you have undeniable proof it takes place after the first game.

Ahoura

Sep 22, 2018
This ^

Oh...yeah...i had forgotten

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes