RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
Okay so that is being sent garbage...

Items, Skills, Actors, and Enemies should all have a Database ID. I'll just modify that code slightly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That should make it just skip anything without an ID
well, good news and bad news
the good news is it didn't give "the" error
the bad news is, it gave a different but slightly same error, and faster as compared to the first last one
(two images on spoiler, but is pretty much the same thing)

i say different error, because the number seems to be 884 now, rather than 1390, and i see the words process_skill, so im assuming skills got hit too?

Have you try'ed reverting to a completely untranslated 2.35 and see if you still got the error? Or Starting new game with and without translation? Since you say you got it frequently during battle.
ill try doing a completely untranslated one, (simply updating fabio's to 2.35, and then testing it out for an hour to see if itll give me the same error
i would also start a new game..but...well...
i really dont wanna start all over again with so much time invested ~.~ (atleast, until i do a newg+)

i should probably add, i never cheated in my save file, its a pure-vanilla run (no cheats, mods [if there are any?], etc)

not sure if it will help, but here's my save file ( , its in .rar)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
Have you try'ed reverting to a completely untranslated 2.35 and see if you still got the error? Or Starting new game with and without translation? Since you say you got it frequently during battle.
update; upon doing a new 2.35 (e.g. re-extracting the 2.31 of fabio's, then updating it to 2.35, which caused everything to turn alien), it still has given me the same error (and i didn't use masterdragonson's fix on it

(spoiler below is 2.35's raw/ didnt use updated translation patch, but everything was japanese)

what are the odds the error is the v2.35? anyone else getting it aside me?

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
what are the odds the error is the v2.35? anyone else getting it aside me?
Odds seem to be good... This bit of code was introduced in 2.32 so yey bugfixes :unsure: Sometimes Torotoro codes like a mad man.

Also you playing on Hard? Damn I miss my over powered Luka, I feed him enough seeds that he poops a granola bar :LOL:

Jokes aside let's see that function originally comes from
Script: ベース/GameObject

Ruby allows things to be redefined which was added in 2.32
Script: 12

Eh if I comment out the alteration from Script 12 it will default back to the old code.

Add a line here in case Nil gets through.
Script: ベース/Scene

Played for like 20min and commenting that section out doesn't seem to cause problems.

Extra: Added a little something to the Hades Bookshelf.

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
ill try doing a completely untranslated one, (simply updating fabio's to 2.35, and then testing it out for an hour to see if itll give me the same error
i would also start a new game..but...well...
i really dont wanna start all over again with so much time invested ~.~ (atleast, until i do a newg+)

i should probably add, i never cheated in my save file, its a pure-vanilla run (no cheats, mods [if there are any?], etc)

not sure if it will help, but here's my save file ( , its in .rar)

If youre doing it fabio's already is translated and update only provides files that changed between versions; in which case, you will not revert completly to raw version, for that you would need all 742 files from data. Or do you have all raw files?

Checked your save and loaded whatever was the first one. Checked battles for some time with "A" button in use and it did not crash for me. Also i am not using any of the files that masterdragonson was editing. Only patched raw.

Also checked untranslated raw. Also no crash.

I'd recommend downloading version 2.23 from OP , it's version that masterdragonson uploaded/patched. Then update it to 2.35 using his updates starting from 2.23 to 2.30 update and so on, and then use his pre-patched files from page 77 and replace all 742 data files .

Also no idea if you noticed but fabio's 2.31 version has 761 files in data. Some of them were deleted in 2.32,. Version 2.35 has 742 files in data.

Last edited:

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
I'd recommend downloading version 2.23 from OP , it's version that masterdragonson uploaded/patched. Then update it to 2.35 using his updates starting from 2.23 to 2.30 update and so on, and then use his pre-patched files from page 77 and replace all 742 data files .

Also no idea if you noticed but fabio's 2.31 version has 761 files in data. Some of them were deleted in 2.32,. Version 2.35 has 742 files in data.
gotcha, will do this today now (currently downloading OP version/page 1), since im on a break from studies today, due to it being christmas, will update after testing it for an hour or so of grinding while skip button is on, without and with masterdragonsons patch fix

(and whether it works or not, ill do the same on fabio's upload too, just for referential purposes)

Odds seem to be good... This bit of code was introduced in 2.32 so yey bugfixes :unsure: Sometimes Torotoro codes like a mad man.

Also you playing on Hard? Damn I miss my over powered Luka, I feed him enough seeds that he poops a granola bar :LOL:
gotta enjoy a good game as much as possible, which is hard difficulty xD

Jokes aside let's see that function originally comes from
Script: ベース/GameObject

Ruby allows things to be redefined which was added in 2.32
Script: 12

Eh if I comment out the alteration from Script 12 it will default back to the old code.

Add a line here in case Nil gets through.
Script: ベース/Scene

Played for like 20min and commenting that section out doesn't seem to cause problems.

Extra: Added a little something to the Hades Bookshelf.
gotcha it, will try this fix, along with Jenkins suggestion, to see if there are any differences/error popups
will update after like, an hour or two of testing

thanks so much btw!

and merry christmas to you all~!

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
status update, tagging Jenkins and masterdragonson
(i thought it was fixed at last part...but i was greatly pranked it seems ~.~)

(to TLDR this for masterdragonson, just read the 3th and 4th spoiler, the first two did not use MKIII)

first spoiler -- downloaded OP's file (2.23), then updated from 2.23 -> 2.30 {orderly manner, to 2.35} provided by our good sir masterdragonson, then i didn't apply the latest translation patch or use the MKIII fix

second spoiler -- very same file, but applied the latest translation patch, no MKIII was applied in this

third spoiler -- very same file as above, but this time with masterdragonson's MKIII applied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i must note, all three of these were from OP post, (so, it was all starting from version 2.23)

the next spoiler is gonna be fabio's (2.31) updated to 2.35, and this is where i got, quote and quote said
at the start of the update, "pranked"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4th spoiler -- Fabio's version (2.31, updated to 2.35, patched to latest translation, with MKIII applied

5th spoiler -- (which was recorded on link [same link as 4th spoiler] )
[pretty much same error as 4th spoiler, if im not mistaken]

and there's my status update,
not sure what's up for it to be acting like this onto me, the two of you dont seem to be getting this error ~.~
also, not sure if it will help, but here are the specs of my computer

i also have my computer set to japanese local (its 1 hour difference time zone, so i just set the time to japan, even if its not really needed to do so)

edit: oh and before i forget -- to make sure that there wont be any troubles on file directory (since i hide my games in layers of folders), i had all monque folder saved on desktop, with no wierd characters (being the two folder name's were MGQ Paradox 2.23, and [RPG] [Toro Toro Resistance] Monmusu Quest! Paradox RPG [Part 1 and 2] Ver.2.23), they are just folder names, but the file's themself are updated to 2.35)

...and that's it for my report on this

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
i also have my computer set to japanese local (its 1 hour difference time zone, so i just set the time to japan, even if its not really needed to do so)
You do not need to change locale/region for this game, info in the OP about it is wrong/not needed. At least i dont need to change it for this game. I change it for some other games but this one plays fine. Just rename any japanese folder names if you got them, but that is all. Most likely that info was added in general because it was japanese game, and many of them need that, but this one plays fine without it.

Reactions: xii360

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Just wondering, but is Paradox supposed to have no music at all? Though all the effects and UI sounds play normally, there's no BGM to be had regardless of in-game volume levels. Bit of a change from the original game?

Edit: Nevermind. I don't know why, but for some reason this toggle was off by default.

BGM.jpg

Last edited:

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
To avoid uploading whole game in the state it is in, can you make md5 file list and post that file?

Use MD5Checker

Once you open click Edit > Add/Open

then as on picture, 1,2 and 3

Untitled.jpg

After it is done click on "S to (floppy with arrow) " and click save. Doing this it will not save full path of files but just they relative location related to the folder you set in 1 (they will be saved as *Audio\BGM\... and so on)

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I will look at this when I can which will probably be tomorrow. Merry Christmas.

Just wondering, but is Paradox supposed to have no music at all? Though all the effects and UI sounds play normally, there's no BGM to be had regardless of in-game volume levels. Bit of a change from the original game?

Edit: Nevermind. I don't know why, but for some reason this toggle was off by default.
Problem solved when I hit reply... Cheers! Enjoy the game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xii360 and Sidurie

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Problem solved when I hit reply... Cheers! Enjoy the game.
Many thanks for all the great work! The original MGQ was an absolute blast and I've no doubt Paradox will be another great ride.

I'm currently trying to troubleshoot another issue; the game is suffering from a micro-stutter happening every 20 seconds, exactly on the dot, but plays perfectly otherwise. Sound isn't impacted. Other Ace games haven't given me this problem, so I was wondering if it was Paradox specific.

I know problems like these are hard to track down, but if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them. I'm browsing RPGMaker threads hoping to find a solution in the mean time.

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Many thanks for all the great work! The original MGQ was an absolute blast and I've no doubt Paradox will be another great ride.

I'm currently trying to troubleshoot another issue; the game is suffering from a micro-stutter happening every 20 seconds, exactly on the dot, but plays perfectly otherwise. Sound isn't impacted. Other Ace games haven't given me this problem, so I was wondering if it was Paradox specific.

I know problems like these are hard to track down, but if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them. I'm browsing RPGMaker threads hoping to find a solution in the mean time.
Off the top of my head it could be any of these:
  • Autosave - Same games have problems if these happen too frequently however I don't think MGQP has a way to turn it off or at least glancing at the Config options doesn't seem so. There are a few areas where saves are disabled though I don't recall those off the top of my head.
  • Large Maps/Densely Populated areas will show lag and stutter in some games. The World Map is rather large but it doesn't have a lot of events. Try seeing if this happens in the World Map, Towns, or Dungeons.
  • If it's on fixed intervals then a Parallel Process or Auto Event might be the culprit. These can be tricky since large games tend to have lots of things running in the background.
If anyone has any other things for the list o possibilities feel free to chime in :)

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
To avoid uploading whole game in the state it is in, can you make md5 file list and post that file?

Use MD5Checker

Once you open click Edit > Add/Open

then as on picture, 1,2 and 3

View attachment 956298

After it is done click on "S to (floppy with arrow) " and click save. Doing this it will not save full path of files but just they relative location related to the folder you set in 1 (they will be saved as *Audio\BGM\... and so on)

followed as per instructed
did it for both version, and version
not sure if i was suppose to highlight it all or not, so im not sure if i did it right...but just incase, ill post "highlighted" too

I will look at this when I can which will probably be tomorrow. Merry Christmas.
thank you very much~!

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
followed as per instructed
did it for both version, and version
not sure if i was suppose to highlight it all or not, so im not sure if i did it right...but just incase, ill post "highlighted" too

thank you very much~!
Actually no, look again, on my screenshot i did not select items within the folder also on (2) include in folder, i had *, while you have many extentions, yours only made md5 for 5 or 10 files, while it should for 12K+ files

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
Actually no, look again, on my screenshot i did not select items within the folder also on (2) include in folder, i had *, while you have many extentions, yours only made md5 for 5 or 10 files, while it should for 12K+ files
i knew it was wierd how the file size was only 1kb

fixed it, and im sure this is right now

also little note, gonna be sleeping now since its 2 30 am ~.~

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
i knew it was wierd how the file size was only 1kb

fixed it, and im sure this is right now

also little note, gonna be sleeping now since its 2 30 am ~.~
In both ,you still got files that were removed during 2.32 update. You need to delete them yourself, masterdragonson mentioned those files on page 65 Where the updates are posted

I mentioned 2.35 has 742 files in data, you still got 761

Just delete all files in data and use mastergragonson's latest pre-patched files. There are 742 files in data folder there

Last edited:

chris darker

Jun 30, 2018
Where else can I download this patch, the link of the advertisement would take me to a page that tells me (You do not have access to this repository.) They would upload it to another cloud to download, thanks

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Where else can I download this patch, the link of the advertisement would take me to a page that tells me (You do not have access to this repository.) They would upload it to another cloud to download, thanks
Update the game to latest, you only need it if you still on 2.23

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
In both ,you still got files that were removed during 2.32 update. You need to delete them yourself, masterdragonson mentioned those files on page 65 Where the updates are posted

I mentioned 2.35 has 742 files in data, you still got 761

Just delete all files in data and use mastergragonson's latest pre-patched files. There are 742 files in data folder there
oh we need to delete the data files itself?
trying this for now, be back in an hour or so (unless it still does the same crashes in mere minutes, cross fingers it doesn't)

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
oh we need to delete the data files itself?
trying this for now, be back in an hour or so (unless it still does the same crashes in mere minutes, cross fingers it doesn't)
2.32 update had less files there than previous versions, and it's not like loose files update can delete files there for you. You need to do that yourself.

If you have japanese raw version, just delete all files in data in the version your playing and put files from latest raw if you want to manually patch

Or

Delete all files in data and put all files from masterdragonson's pre-patched download if you dont want to manually patch.

2.35 has 742 files in data

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes