RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
2.32 update had less files there than previous versions, and it's not like loose files update can delete files there for you. You need to do that yourself.

If you have japanese raw version, just delete all files in data in the version your playing and put files from latest raw if you want to manually patch

Or

Delete all files in data and put all files from masterdragonson's pre-patched download if you dont want to manually patch.

2.35 has 742 files in data
well i have good news, and mostly good news

it seems this fixed it, mostly, probably needs further testing to be confirmed (crashes were an hour-apart)

i got two errors, but they toke a while to pop up, majority of the time -- it was safe from crashes

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

the
i didn't test it out on fabio's version -- since it would take allot of time

what i did: delete the data, as per instructed, place pre-patch 2.35 data (along with other files in the .rar) at page 77
...that's about all i did?

ill further update on how often it crashes (hope it wont) while i play the story -- hoping those crashes were just flukes, since it feels fixed now?
(i also did not apply MKIII patch, hence error was 1387)

thanks Jenkins , and masterdragonson for assisting!

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
the

what i did: delete the data, as per instructed, place pre-patch 2.35 data (along with other files in the .rar) at page 77
If you want you could also try mine.

They should be same as far as commits on bitbucket goes, since they also use commit from 6 days ago.

you can just move current data folder outside your game folder somewhere else if you dont want to delete and extract and place mine

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
well i have good news, and mostly good news

it seems this fixed it, mostly, probably needs further testing to be confirmed (crashes were an hour-apart)

i got two errors, but they toke a while to pop up, majority of the time -- it was safe from crashes

the

ill further update on how often it crashes (hope it wont) while i play the story -- hoping those crashes were just flukes, since it feels fixed now?
(i also did not apply MKIII patch, hence error was 1387)

thanks Jenkins , and masterdragonson for assisting!
Let's see...
Filter out Nil Items before doing a change
Filter out Nil Item for Skill Words
Catch if a Subject or Target is Nil

Script 12
Line 1383

Script ベース/Scene
Line 878

Script t修正X ver4
Line 678

• Red Heart
Reactions: xii360

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Enjoying the game a lot so far, but I'm having a hard time with the surprisingly expansive job/race systems. I'm getting by for now, but I'm sure I'll hit a wall at some point because I didn't level a certain job or somesuch. It already happened once with locked chests since I wasn't leveling a thief.

I've looked around for pointers on party composition for a first playthrough, but there's surprisingly little information out there aside from extremely high-end content. If anybody could outline some good or practical party compositions for your first journey, I'd be thankful.

Off the top of my head it could be any of these:
  • Autosave - Same games have problems if these happen too frequently however I don't think MGQP has a way to turn it off or at least glancing at the Config options doesn't seem so. There are a few areas where saves are disabled though I don't recall those off the top of my head.
  • Large Maps/Densely Populated areas will show lag and stutter in some games. The World Map is rather large but it doesn't have a lot of events. Try seeing if this happens in the World Map, Towns, or Dungeons.
  • If it's on fixed intervals then a Parallel Process or Auto Event might be the culprit. These can be tricky since large games tend to have lots of things running in the background.
If anyone has any other things for the list o possibilities feel free to chime in :)
Many thanks! I thought it might've been the auto-save, but the save files aren't altered when the stutter happens. It also happens on just about every map, big or small. It does happen at fixed 20 second intervals, so it's probably the third reason you outlined.

I've just grown used to it for now. The game is still enjoyable.

Reactions: masterdragonson

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
Enjoying the game a lot so far, but I'm having a hard time with the surprisingly expansive job/race systems. I'm getting by for now, but I'm sure I'll hit a wall at some point because I didn't level a certain job or somesuch. It already happened once with locked chests since I wasn't leveling a thief.

I've looked around for pointers on party composition for a first playthrough, but there's surprisingly little information out there aside from extremely high-end content. If anybody could outline some good or practical party compositions for your first journey, I'd be thankful.
to be honest, just play it the way you would any RPG, this game is vast, and when you're far in the game, you will just end up focusing more job XP rather than current lvl XP (atleast, i always equip accessories that give me job xp bonuses, while having reduced general XP

also luka is hella broken once his low hp, literally a GC (glass cannon)

Let's see...
Filter out Nil Items before doing a change
Filter out Nil Item for Skill Words
Catch if a Subject or Target is Nil

Script 12
Line 1383

Script ベース/Scene
Line 878

Script t修正X ver4
Line 678
will test this after a while of testing the current one! (after the two crash so far, there has been no crashes, and im happi at no crash while on latest build/translation)
thank's again!

Aishafan

Sep 4, 2016
Been trying for an hour to decrypt the game with a decrypter that has no exe or recognizable file extensions with completely useless instructions. Is there an actual good reason there isn't a way to download the game in a translated and playable state, or is this just some kind of gatekeeping?

• Thinking Face

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Been trying for an hour to decrypt the game with a decrypter that has no exe or recognizable file extensions with completely useless instructions. Is there an actual good reason there isn't a way to download the game in a translated and playable state, or is this just some kind of gatekeeping?
Download from OP+masterdragonson's updates+updated franslation?

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018

Extract that to the Main Game Directory.
With a mouse drag 'Game.rgss3a' on to 'RgssDecrypter.exe' or read the command line options. Delete 'Game.rgss3a' after it has been decrypted.

If you don't have a 'Game.rgss3a' then chances are it's already decrypted.

As I recall you can download it in a 'translated and playable state' however the translation isn't finished yet so it's convent to make the game easily up-gradable, patchable, or any other fancy ways to say that.

Shirufu

Dec 28, 2020
Sooo i started with a new fresh version of MGQP 2.23 (Raw version, no translation), dragged all the updates in order one by one, (2.30, 2.31, 2.32, 2.34 and 2.35), run the gameselector.exe and selected this folder, overwrited the files in the generated script folder with the arzorx bitbucket ones. Then started the Translator.exe and it gave an error when building 'states.rvdata2'
What do i do?
Also even if the translation worked, I used in this untranslated 2.35 version (Or so the main screen says) a previous save where I finished the main sory, completed the succubus village, grandeur and yamatai quests and the rabbit doesnt apper anywhere. :/

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Sooo i started with a new fresh version of MGQP 2.23 (Raw version, no translation), dragged all the updates in order one by one, (2.30, 2.31, 2.32, 2.34 and 2.35), run the gameselector.exe and selected this folder, overwrited the files in the generated script folder with the arzorx bitbucket ones. Then started the Translator.exe and it gave an error when building 'states.rvdata2'
What do i do?
Also even if the translation worked, I used in this untranslated 2.35 version (Or so the main screen says) a previous save where I finished the main sory, completed the succubus village, grandeur and yamatai quests and the rabbit doesnt apper anywhere. :/
Did you decrypt the raw version of MGQP 2.23 before you did the update process? RPG Maker will favor the files in the archive 'Game.rgss3a' above external files. However if it can't find a file in the archive it will check externally.

Shirufu

Dec 28, 2020
Did you decrypt the raw version of MGQP 2.23 before you did the update process? RPG Maker will favor the files in the archive 'Game.rgss3a' above external files. However if it can't find a file in the archive it will check externally.
Fixed. I tried translating a version 2.35 updated from my 2.23 using the files you posted and didn't work.
So I tried updating the version 2.31 someone posted a few pages ago with the same files and now it works so i guess there wasa problem with the updates 2.23 to 2.31.

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
A bit puzzled with one of the Pocket Castle sidequests and was hoping someone could help.

Just finished part 1 and Lisa is asking for help on the bulletin board, but no matter how I interact with her (talking, raising affection, adding to party, going to the paintings as outlined on the wiki) nothing triggers the quest. Any ideas?

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

Managed to clear all other sidequests without a hiccup, but I feel I'm missing something obvious with this one...

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
A bit puzzled with one of the Pocket Castle sidequests and was hoping someone could help.

Just finished part 1 and Lisa is asking for help on the bulletin board, but no matter how I interact with her (talking, raising affection, adding to party, going to the paintings as outlined on the wiki) nothing triggers the quest. Any ideas?

Managed to clear all other sidequests without a hiccup, but I feel I'm missing something obvious with this one...
Do you have Dog Gril/Pochi recruited?

And if you do; post your save?

Last edited:

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Do you have Dog Gril/Pochi recruited?

And if you do; post your save?
The Dog Girl is recruited. I tried speaking to Lisa both alone and with Pochi in the party. Also tried taking both of them straight to the paintings, but nothing happens aside from "I should keep these paintings in mind" dialogue.

Here's my save if you can look into it. Story-wise, I just got into the Navy Headquarters (beginning of part 2). I parked Luka right in front of the bulletin board. Game version is 2.35 with the latest translation repo if that's relevant.

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
The Dog Girl is recruited. I tried speaking to Lisa both alone and with Pochi in the party. Also tried taking both of them straight to the paintings, but nothing happens aside from "I should keep these paintings in mind" dialogue.

Here's my save if you can look into it. Story-wise, I just got into the Navy Headquarters (beginning of part 2). I parked Luka right in front of the bulletin board. Game version is 2.35 with the latest translation repo if that's relevant.
Untitled.jpg

When i load your save on my end, she starts to talk about the quest when i talk to her. It does not happen on your end?

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
View attachment 962901

When i load your save on my end, she starts to talk about the quest when i talk to her. It does not happen on your end?
Curious... this doesn't happen for me. Did you just go straight to her after loading? On my end she simply has a brief dialogue with another monster before opening the present menu. What gives...

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Yes, just went to her and talked after load, if you want you can try my data files
I even tried removing all other files (SystemSave, Backups, etc) from the save folder besides the Save01.rvdata2 I posted here, and she still won't trigger the quest. I'm convinced my game is cursed.

Lisa.gif

Edit: I can only assume I missed a flag somewhere needed to start the quest, but not to make it show on the board. Maybe progressing the story further will enable it...

HollowFs

Feb 16, 2020
I even tried removing all other files (SystemSave, Backups, etc) from the save folder besides the Save01.rvdata2 I posted here, and she still won't trigger the quest. I'm convinced my game is cursed.

View attachment 963026

Edit: I can only assume I missed a flag somewhere needed to start the quest, but not to make it show on the board. Maybe progressing the story further will enable it...
i tried & check it it works fine though with or without pochi. but if you take chrome with you in the party she bugs out lisa SQ when you talk to her

Reactions: Sidurie

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
i tried & check it it works fine though with or without pochi. but if you take chrome with you in the party she bugs out lisa SQ when you talk to her
Interesting, so something might've gone out of wack after recruiting Chrome? She was never in my party when I spoke to Lisa though. Also curious how the save I posted seems to work for everyone else.

I looked up the variable responsible for this quest, and setting the ID 1044 to '1' instead of '0' allows me to undertake the quest normally. Either I missed something that would normally set it to '1', or something else set it back to '0'.

Most curious...

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes