RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Interesting, so something might've gone out of wack after recruiting Chrome? She was never in my party when I spoke to Lisa though. Also curious how the save I posted seems to work for everyone else.

I looked up the variable responsible for this quest, and setting the ID 1044 to '1' instead of '0' allows me to undertake the quest normally. Either I missed something that would normally set it to '1', or something else set it back to '0'.

Most curious...
Here's your save after the quest if you still want.

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Sidurie

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Here's your save after the quest if you still want.
Thank you very much for the help, I was finally able to track down the problem. Hollow mentioned Chrome being present would bug out this quest, so I put two and two together.

There is a Patch edit that allows companions outside of your party to interact with NPCs. I believe it was posted somewhere in this thread as well, but removing it allowed me to undertake the quest normally.

Edit: Had a look at the Patch code and the way it achieves this functionality is by tricking the game into thinking you have all companions in your party; and since having Chrome tag along softlocks this quest, everything makes sense.

First time this was a problem, but I would normally recommend this edit or you'd miss a lot of interesting and funny dialogue from members outside of your party - and there's a ton of it, certainly meant for several playthroughs.

Here's the edit for anyone interested. The original file I found was made for v2.32 but I've adapted it for v2.35. Make sure to do a backup of the original Patch.rb for minor cases like these.

Last edited:

Mister_Mystery

Dec 30, 2020
Just wondering if someone can help this incompetent old fool out. I managed to update and get my version up to 2.35. I downloaded and inserted Azor's translated files. It seems the dialogue is working fine, but for some reason some parts that aren't dialogue are still in Japanese. Any help is appreciated. I'm sure I made a minor mistake somewhere. Honestly though, I'm ok playing the game as is cause I know what each of those categories represent already, so it's cool too if it can't be fixed.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
Just wondering if someone can help this incompetent old fool out. I managed to update and get my version up to 2.35. I downloaded and inserted Azor's translated files. It seems the dialogue is working fine, but for some reason some parts that aren't dialogue are still in Japanese. Any help is appreciated. I'm sure I made a minor mistake somewhere. Honestly though, I'm ok playing the game as is cause I know what each of those categories represent already, so it's cool too if it can't be fixed.
You screwed up, you really should redownload with my version of the game and update it with masterdragonson updates after

Reactions: Mister_Mystery

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hmmm I'm not exactly sure but looks like the Terms are not translated but the Scripts are. When you 'inserted Azor's translated files' did you just drop the files somewhere or used the Translation Tool with an original japanese version of MGQP 2.35?

For the files associated with the translation it's 'Script\System.txt'
For the files RPG Maker VX Ace cares about it's 'Data\System.rvdata2'

Deybu

Nov 23, 2018
Anyone else getting this error on Yamatai Village? It occurs once you enter the Kitsune shrine.

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone else getting this error on Yamatai Village? It occurs once you enter the Kitsune shrine.
It says youre missing a file

Graphics\Tilesets\$ohuda

Thanks! I'll go back and try to find your version of the game in this thread.
You screwed up, you really should redownload with my version of the game and update it with masterdragonson updates after
Deleting and using masterdragonson's pre-translated data files should solve it too, and no need to download 3GB
Also he is using your version of the game since you used that custom pic on the main menu he showed [Screenshot(2)]

Last edited:

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Any idea where i can get it?

It is part of update 2.23 to 2.30 on page 65

Edit: Also your screenshot says you got version 2.11, it you have 2.35 and simply your patch.rb is outdated it is fine but otherwise, youre gonna have work on your end updating game to 2.35

Latest translation does not support version below 2.32

If for whatever reason you are actually on 2.11, download 2.23 from OP, then download and apply updates from page 65, then delete files in data folder and use masterdragonson's pre-patched files from page 77

You can move your save file

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Deybu

Deybu

Nov 23, 2018
It is part of update 2.23 to 2.30 on page 65

Edit: Also your screenshot says you got version 2.11, it you have 2.35 and simply your patch.rb is outdated it is fine but otherwise, youre gonna have work on your end updating game to 2.35

Latest translation does not support version below 2.32

If for whatever reason you are actually on 2.11, download 2.23 from OP, then download and apply updates from page 65, then delete files in data folder and use masterdragonson's pre-patched files from page 77

You can move your save file
By OP you mean the links on page 1?

Deybu

Nov 23, 2018
Yeah, so you are on 2.11? Youre in for a ride updating game ;)
Well, let's do this before 2021 starts.. Gotta get myself that Book of the Eastern Secrets afterall!

Thanks for the help mate! I'll come back if i encounter any more problems. Hopefully none..

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Out of curiosity since I haven't finished the game yet, what does and doesn't carry over on NG+?

I'm assuming you lose base/job/race levels and possibly items, but keep companions you've recruited as well as their affinity/affection? Are things like sidequests reset as well (Papi's blacksmith, Vanilla's shop, Panty Sensei, etc.)?

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Out of curiosity since I haven't finished the game yet, what does and doesn't carry over on NG+?

I'm assuming you lose base/job/race levels and possibly items, but keep companions you've recruited as well as their affinity/affection? Are things like sidequests reset as well (Papi's blacksmith, Vanilla's shop, etc.)?
Side quest are reset, and you lose key items related to quests/story

You dont lose job/race/levels, you keep most of items besides some key, and you keep companions besides alice/illias

Last edited:
Reactions: Sidurie

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Side quest are reset, and you loose key items related to quests/story

You dont loose job/race/levels, you keep most of items besides some key, and you keep companions besides alice/illias
Danke. One last question, would it be better to keep Ilias/Alice in separate saves? I'm assuming if you capture a companion in one save, it doesn't get transferred to the other. So if I want to 100% the game, it would all have to be done in a single save?

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Danke. One last question, would it be better to keep Ilias/Alice in separate saves? I'm assuming if you capture a companion in one save, it doesn't get transferred to the other. So if I want to 100% the game, it would all have to be done in a single save?
you get to choose illias/alice on new game+ again, but as far part 2 is concerned, you can only have one of them at the same time, only in LoC you can have both of them, maybe in part 3 It is up to you if you want to play 2 separate games or switch on ng+

For other companions you get to choose you keep them and you can pick the other one fine.

igg

Feb 25, 2018
Does anyone remember how to display enemy hp and status? I think a pressed a button that hides it and I don't know which is it.

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Does anyone remember how to display enemy hp and status? I think a pressed a button that hides it and I don't know which is it.
In config at the bottom (Enemy HP and status/log)

Last edited:

Shinuchi

Oct 5, 2020
Thank you very much for the help, I was finally able to track down the problem. Hollow mentioned Chrome being present would bug out this quest, so I put two and two together.

There is a Patch edit that allows companions outside of your party to interact with NPCs. I believe it was posted somewhere in this thread as well, but removing it allowed me to undertake the quest normally.

Edit: Had a look at the Patch code and the way it achieves this functionality is by tricking the game into thinking you have all companions in your party; and since having Chrome tag along softlocks this quest, everything makes sense.

First time this was a problem, but I would normally recommend this edit or you'd miss a lot of interesting and funny dialogue from members outside of your party - and there's a ton of it, certainly meant for several playthroughs.

Here's the edit for anyone interested. The original file I found was made for v2.32 but I've adapted it for v2.35. Make sure to do a backup of the original Patch.rb for minor cases like these.
Thank you very mush for share it with us :)
Can the patch works for the for the first time play ( Even if I don't have any companions at all ? )
Sorry about my English .

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes