RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

Garprinny

Sep 9, 2017
Sooo I wanted to go back to the game after 2 years of waiting so I'm not gonna ask for an already patched game but I just wanted to ask a few questions:

First, I read that the translation goes to the plat/insect village of part 2, but I also see that there's now a ver.2.35 and has a lot of other things added, I'll download the latest version of the game but can someone direct me to where the latest translation patch is and how to patch? I'm completely lost and don't know if the links on the main page are the latest or if there's a different method now.

Next, I'm seeing an translation, is this the correct one or something similar to first part where there was a machine translation of the game with some cheats incorporated?

As I said, I just want to continue from part 1 and simply don't know how much has changed or how to even patch the game to play until its has been translated, so I'll aprecciate any help.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
MGQ Paradox 2.35 Data Folder Compiled On 12-20-2020

MGQ Paradox 2.35 Data 12-20-2020.rar

Using (If Game isn't already decrypted, else skip to Step 3)
1) Decrypt 'Game.rgss3a' using Decryptor
2) Rename or Remove 'Game.rgss3a' (You want the game to read the translated files, not the ones stored in here)
3) Overwrite 'Data' Folder with those from the archive
4) Optional Add Paradox.png to 'Graphics\Titles1' Folder
5) Optional Overwrite Game.ini if you haven't already done so in the past
6) Play Game

*This isn't for people that want to compile the Translation files*
Other Tutorials are available that gives instructions on how to do that on the First Page

Note: For those coming from a decrypted 2.23/2.30/2.31/2.32/2.34 you can save yourself a few gigs by updating from 2.23 to 2.30, 2.30 to 2.31, 2.31 to 2.32, 2.32 to 2.34, then 2.34 to 2.35
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-quest-paradox-part-1-2-torotoro-resistance.1766/post-4448481

In the event you are missing 'Collaboration04_cip'
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-quest-paradox-part-1-2-torotoro-resistance.1766/post-4722501

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
So do I just download the data folder and replace everything in it or just scripts? If it's just the data folder then it still crashed though I don't know if it's because I'm on 2.35 or I have to revert to 2.31. if not then I don't know where to put script txt. Also yes im using joiplay and got battles working using patch but collab seems to have the same error.
Pretty much just replace the Data folder. You don't have to worry about the script txt file unless you are compiling the translation or just want to read the scripts for fun.

What is this 'patch' you speak of for joiplay? I would assume it's not updated for 2.35 given the previous error message.

???????????

Jun 12, 2018
Pretty much just replace the Data folder. You don't have to worry about the script txt file unless you are compiling the translation or just want to read the scripts for fun.

What is this 'patch' you speak of for joiplay? I would assume it's not updated for 2.35 given the previous error message.
The patch from the joiplay discord that made sure it did not crash when i entered a battle. I will try the script without the patch and see if it makes a difference.

yesz

Jul 11, 2019
does anyone know any cheat strategies or characters you can use on the loc bosses? wiki info is beginning to fail me and doesnt seem to work, in particular the triple bosses

yesz

Jul 11, 2019
does anyone know any cheat strategies or characters you can use on the loc bosses? wiki info is beginning to fail me and doesnt seem to work, in particular the triple bosses
anything that isnt in the dlc, i want to save that for full translation playthrough

???????????

Jun 12, 2018
Okay so this is the patch I was talking about that allows me to battle on joiplay was this one. But with enabled I can't play collab. If I get rid of the scripts I can start the collab but there's a battle before I can save so it crashes. Not sure if it crashes on collab because it uses a old version

Last edited:

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Sooo I wanted to go back to the game after 2 years of waiting so I'm not gonna ask for an already patched game but I just wanted to ask a few questions:

First, I read that the translation goes to the plat/insect village of part 2, but I also see that there's now a ver.2.35 and has a lot of other things added, I'll download the latest version of the game but can someone direct me to where the latest translation patch is and how to patch? I'm completely lost and don't know if the links on the main page are the latest or if there's a different method now.

Next, I'm seeing an translation, is this the correct one or something similar to first part where there was a machine translation of the game with some cheats incorporated?

As I said, I just want to continue from part 1 and simply don't know how much has changed or how to even patch the game to play until its has been translated, so I'll aprecciate any help.
Just update your game to latest version and follow patching guide on Arzor-X's blog or use pre-patched files masterdragonson posted under your post. You need latest version of the game for either option.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Just update your game to latest version and follow patching guide on Arzor-X's blog or use pre-patched files masterdragonson posted under your post. You need latest version of the game for either option.
Pretty sure one of the custom 'Mods' introduced is causing the Android problem. Though the script they used to 'patch' the game is rather old.

Lets see JoiPlay paired with LDPlayer... :coffee: Yep still lost my bloody mind :LOL:

Isolating this down seems to be Script_00000261_セーブデータ互換.txt
Swapping that one out with the Original seems to get the emulators to work. Yep you heard me, an Android Emulator working with a PC Emulator while running on a PC because for the lols...

Okay so this is the patch I was talking about that allows me to battle on joiplay was this one. But with enabled I can't play collab. If I get rid of the scripts I can start the collab but there's a battle before I can save so it crashes. Not sure if it crashes on collab because it uses a old version
Try this Scripts.rvdata2 with most of the script edits from Arzor-X minus 261

Reactions: dking239

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
MGQ Paradox 2.35 Data Folder Compiled On 12-20-2020

MGQ Paradox 2.35 Data 12-20-2020.rar
Mega

Workupload

Using (If Game isn't already decrypted, else skip to Step 3)
1) Decrypt 'Game.rgss3a' using Decryptor
2) Rename or Remove 'Game.rgss3a' (You want the game to read the translated files, not the ones stored in here)
3) Overwrite 'Data' Folder with those from the archive
4) Optional Add Paradox.png to 'Graphics\Titles1' Folder
5) Optional Overwrite Game.ini if you haven't already done so in the past
6) Play Game

*This isn't for people that want to compile the Translation files*
Other Tutorials are available that gives instructions on how to do that on the First Page

Note: For those coming from a decrypted 2.23/2.30/2.31/2.32/2.34 you can save yourself a few gigs by updating from 2.23 to 2.30, 2.30 to 2.31, 2.31 to 2.32, 2.32 to 2.34, then 2.34 to 2.35
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-quest-paradox-part-1-2-torotoro-resistance.1766/post-4448481

In the event you are missing 'Collaboration04_cip'
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-quest-paradox-part-1-2-torotoro-resistance.1766/post-4722501
Looks like this version screwed up with full screen. If you open the game, it changes to 640x480 and you have to use Alt+tab to select the game, and if you change the window mid game, you are unable to go back to the game

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
sooo im getting an error
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

anyone know what the long error pertains too?
for more information on what i did, i downloaded uchihafabio's (refer to quote below)

uchihafabio said:
2.31.00 last translation update already applied ( I strongly suggest to the one who can modify the topic to split this archive in other filehosts cause its MEGA, i dont know how much time it will be online)

Mega
i updated it from 2.31 -> 2.32 -> 2.34 -> 2.35 using masterdragonson 's post (page 65)

and for some reason i get this error (which happens randomly during battle, like, random random, it seems to happen frequently if i skip text (A button), and only happens during battles (which isn't exactly fun if..yknow...your trying to bond every monster >.>)

also here's a screenshot of the error, but its pretty much the same from what i copy-pasted

this it could be from the translation..? (im using the latest) or did i screw up somewhere?

help would be appreciated >_<

• Thinking Face

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
and for some reason i get this error (which happens randomly during battle, like, random random, it seems to happen frequently if i skip text (A button), and only happens during battles (which isn't exactly fun if..yknow...your trying to bond every monster >.>)

this it could be from the translation..? (im using the latest) or did i screw up somewhere?

If you get it frequently, to check if it is because translation then revert back to untranslated game, you could also post your save file. Also i remember uchihafabio's version has some custom files not part of the Arzor-X's translation. If you already played the game using uchihafabio 's version then update using masterdragonson's files that most likely do not use those files, you might end up with bugs.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Looks like this version screwed up with full screen. If you open the game, it changes to 640x480 and you have to use Alt+tab to select the game, and if you change the window mid game, you are unable to go back to the game
That's odd since glancing over the commits I don't see anything that should effect this... Eh try swapping out Data\Scripts.rvdata2 for an older version since that controls Full Screen.

sooo im getting an error

anyone know what the long error pertains too?
for more information on what i did, i downloaded uchihafabio's (refer to quote below)

i updated it from 2.31 -> 2.32 -> 2.34 -> 2.35 using masterdragonson 's post (page 65)

also here's a screenshot of the error, but its pretty much the same from what i copy-pasted

Might be that Skip Text is throwing some garbage into the Battle... Seems this is invoked for every Skill or Item used by either the Ally or Enemy.

In Script: 12
Light testing seems like it's working... Perhaps try this

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
That's odd since glancing over the commits I don't see anything that should effect this... Eh try swapping out Data\Scripts.rvdata2 for an older version since that controls Full Screen.

Might be that Skip Text is throwing some garbage into the Battle... Seems this is invoked for every Skill or Item used by either the Ally or Enemy.

Light testing seems like it's working... Perhaps try this

ill report back on this after a few hours, just woke up, and need to study first, hope this fixes it!
if it does, thankies a manies!

If you get it frequently, to check if it is because translation then revert back to untranslated game, you could also post your save file. Also i remember uchihafabio's version has some custom files not part of the Arzor-X's translation. If you already played the game using uchihafabio 's version then update using masterdragonson's files that most likely do not use those files, you might end up with bugs.
last night i tried playing on simply uchihafabio's post (2.31, didn't update it to the latest, being 2.35) and i didn't encounter the error while battling

Last edited:

xii360

Jul 27, 2017
update masterdragonson
(below spoiler is image of error)
still gives me same error (but i noticed it became a 1390, rather than 1387)

(below spoiler is text log error)

it did take a while though, like 30minutes or so (watched youtube while grinding)

what i did was pretty much copy-paste the data file you uploaded onto the 2.35 version

re-reading your post gave me an idea too, which didn't really work anyway, but ill still inform you/others
i decided, since it didn't give any errors on 2.31 version..what if i copy-pasted version 2.31's Items.rvdata2 into version 2.35's Items.rvdata2 (since error was items)
...well long story short, it gave error much faster as compared to when i just used the data you provided

• Thinking Face

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
re-reading your post gave me an idea too, which didn't really work anyway, but ill still inform you/others
i decided, since it didn't give any errors on 2.31 version..what if i copy-pasted version 2.31's Items.rvdata2 into version 2.35's Items.rvdata2 (since error was items)
...well long story short, it gave error much faster as compared to when i just used the data you provided
Have you try'ed reverting to a completely untranslated 2.35 and see if you still got the error? Or Starting new game with and without translation? Since you say you got it frequently during battle.

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
ill report back on this after a few hours, just woke up, and need to study first, hope this fixes it!
if it does, thankies a manies!

last night i tried playing on simply uchihafabio's post (2.31, didn't update it to the latest, being 2.35) and i didn't encounter the error while battling
looks like my build is flawless. Thanks for the info

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
update masterdragonson
(below spoiler is image of error)
still gives me same error (but i noticed it became a 1390, rather than 1387)

(below spoiler is text log error)

it did take a while though, like 30minutes or so (watched youtube while grinding)

what i did was pretty much copy-paste the data file you uploaded onto the 2.35 version

Okay so that is being sent garbage...

Items, Skills, Actors, and Enemies should all have a Database ID. I'll just modify that code slightly.

That should make it just skip anything without an ID

• Red Heart
Reactions: xii360
4.70 star(s) 32 Votes