RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
It's also good to keep in mind you can do an NG+ afterwards to get the exclusive characters of the other person you choose, to have everybody (except for one of the 2, Alice or Ilias) recruited after doing the NG+ too.

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
How should i build luka?
Main game and not on one of the really hard difficulties, you can do whatever you want with pretty much everyone and you'll manage. I mean, you'll still need staples like someone to do magic damage occasionally and a healer, but pretty much it's up to you.
Hard difficulties or if you're doing the post-game LoC dungeon stuff, you'll go with either a desperation build using different classes with massive buffs that capitalize on him having low health, or you'll use the gimmick build of gravity pleasure after you finish the collab stuff.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Main game and not on one of the really hard difficulties, you can do whatever you want with pretty much everyone and you'll manage. I mean, you'll still need staples like someone to do magic damage occasionally and a healer, but pretty much it's up to you.
Hard difficulties or if you're doing the post-game LoC dungeon stuff, you'll go with either a desperation build using different classes with massive buffs that capitalize on him having low health, or you'll use the gimmick build of gravity pleasure after you finish the collab stuff.
Tbh, if you wish to go deep LoC, all strats eventually lose to the Gravity Death Claw Pleasure build (Gravity is not working as well in the newer versions, seems to have been patched to not receive the bonus from Weak to Pleasure, but Death Claw (the Sorcery Skill) seems to remain unaffected, and even without it, it's OP, as it deals damage based on Percentage of Max HP as opposed to Current HP, like Gravity would do)

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
Tbh, if you wish to go deep LoC, all strats eventually lose to the Gravity Death Claw Pleasure build (Gravity is not working as well in the newer versions, seems to have been patched to not receive the bonus from Weak to Pleasure, but Death Claw (the Sorcery Skill) seems to remain unaffected, and even without it, it's OP, as it deals damage based on Percentage of Max HP as opposed to Current HP, like Gravity would do)
Been a bit since I messed with LoC (or the game honestly, been taking a break before going back to it for either a ng+ or fresh Ilias run since I did Alice first), but Weak to Pleasure did work on the people it was expected to, the problem usually became them adding a way for the boss to become immune to pleasure so you couldn't keep running that strategy forever (see LoC Granberia for example).
Death Claw on the gravity pleasure build (and I at least think this is just the term used, since the ability makes all hits pleasure damage when it's the most effective choice and the gravity part is really referring to percent damage but it takes longer to say/type that) is a great approach, but eventually runs into miss problems, especially later on. I haven't ventured terribly deep (just enough to get all the LoC superbosses done for story purposes), but from what I've heard you end up switching to mass buffs and multi-hit abilities and really going all in on shields because everything eventually one-shots you, so you aren't allowed to ever get hit by a skill ever again. You'd probably need to talk to some of the few people who did push that far though for more info there.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Been a bit since I messed with LoC (or the game honestly, been taking a break before going back to it for either a ng+ or fresh Ilias run since I did Alice first), but Weak to Pleasure did work on the people it was expected to, the problem usually became them adding a way for the boss to become immune to pleasure so you couldn't keep running that strategy forever (see LoC Granberia for example).
Death Claw on the gravity pleasure build (and I at least think this is just the term used, since the ability makes all hits pleasure damage when it's the most effective choice and the gravity part is really referring to percent damage but it takes longer to say/type that) is a great approach, but eventually runs into miss problems, especially later on. I haven't ventured terribly deep (just enough to get all the LoC superbosses done for story purposes), but from what I've heard you end up switching to mass buffs and multi-hit abilities and really going all in on shields because everything eventually one-shots you, so you aren't allowed to ever get hit by a skill ever again. You'd probably need to talk to some of the few people who did push that far though for more info there.
Yea, the only issue remains the hits missing, although Death Claw at least does not have an inherent chance to miss (unlike the Gravity skills from Time Magic, that have either 75% or 50% chance to miss on their own, without factoring in the other Hit Chances). One way to compensate for that would be to buff Hit rate (there are a couple of ways to do it, from what I remember, I was using a Sing skill to buff the Hit rate by about 200% or something huge), and another is to find specific secret equipment or Gems that offer a Sure Hit passive (although I'm not sure if those currently exist for Sorcery skills, or if Death Claw can Crit, to have Sure Hit on Crits work for it). Even on enemies with resistances to both Pleasure and the Chaos element employed by Death Claw (both Death Claw and the Gravity skills use the hidden Chaos elements, but Death Claw uses a different one from the Gravity skills, thus being good to alternate between them when one of them becomes inneficient against a particular enemy), Death Claw still deals damage based on Max HP, meaning that, inevitably, in a certain, linear, number of hits, the enemy will go down, regardless of their Max HP or Current HP values (and so far, no enemy was fully nullifying those attacks, so it's always doable to a certain degree).
As for the other strats you mentioned, those would be part of the Defense strategy, as, indeed, you'd rely heavily on keeping 2 Deflectors up on each Party member, keeping them with Auto-Revive buff on them (and having Endure on each of them), and looking out for enemy Multi-hits, Dispels or inflicting of Death status effects (that bypass all the previously-mentioned defenses). Preferably, each Party member should be capable at least of an emergency all-revive, in case you get close to a full one-turn wipeout. From there on, best to Save each Boss&SuperBoss floor, to be able to get back to an early Save if you get unlucky with a particular Superboss.
Buffing attacks and trying the standard route of damage dealing, even with Multi-hit skills + Extra-skill-procs buffs + Extra-actions-buffs, it will inevitably fall short of the enemy's stats ever-increasing, especially in Carnage Labyrinth of Chaos, in which you can easily have Superbosses with HP in the realms of quadrillions by Floor 100.

Jimmyodi841

May 4, 2018
Which difficulty do you recommend for the first time.

It should not be too complicated but not a walk either.

"Hard" will be ok?

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Which difficulty do you recommend for the first time.

It should not be too complicated but not a walk either.

"Hard" will be ok?
Should be. Anything between "Normal - Very Hard" should be fine, from what you are saying. The other 2 difficulties are extremely hard, generally meant for NG+.

Reactions: Jimmyodi841

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Considering this has been the pattern so far:

1675644157859.png

I'd assume part 3's going to be much bigger than 1 and 2 combined. That'd be my thought process with it.

I'm trying to remember if monster girl quest chapters 1 2 and 3 had a similar thing going on. Aka chapter 3 took longer to release compared to 1 and 2, and if it was bigger/longer than both combined. Don't remember unfortunately.

The other difference is that the author's been working with lots of other people this time. You can tell because there's lots of different art styles this time for characters, vs the amount compared to monster girl quest.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Thayron

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
The other difference is that the author's been working with lots of other people this time. You can tell because there's lots of different art styles this time for characters, vs the amount compared to monster girl quest.
That also is compounded with the time we went through the Unspecified Global Illness of the Past Years, which, apparently, made some of the artists go missing in the meanwhile...

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
That also is compounded with the time we went through the Unspecified Global Illness of the Past Years, which, apparently, made some of the artists go missing in the meanwhile...
Yeah that would make sense too.

You can tell it's a huge project based on the massive pool of recruitable characters alone. That and how long the game is, and being 2 routes long.

Jimmyodi841

May 4, 2018
Considering this has been the pattern so far:

View attachment 2369232

I'd assume part 3's going to be much bigger than 1 and 2 combined. That'd be my thought process with it.

I'm trying to remember if monster girl quest chapters 1 2 and 3 had a similar thing going on. Aka chapter 3 took longer to release compared to 1 and 2, and if it was bigger/longer than both combined. Don't remember unfortunately.

At this moment they are in the phase of verification, correction of errors and general adjustments.

It was meant to be released last year but as the content is quite big (they themselves say it's bigger than part 1 and 2 together) there are still some things to fix.

I think there is really little time left.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
At this moment they are in the phase of verification, correction of errors and general adjustments.

It was meant to be released last year but as the content is quite big (they themselves say it's bigger than part 1 and 2 together) there are still some things to fix.

I think there is really little time left.
Yeah that's what I thought, the bigger than part 1 and 2 part. That was just my conclusion, and I didn't know they announced it lol.

Unfortunately we still have a bit of a wait after that for the translation.

Thank you for informing me.

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes