VN Ren'Py Abandoned Moonlight Sins [Ch. 1-4] [ThEngineer]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes
May 8, 2018
Finally got some time to replay game and all I have to say is, well done. You really have done amazing job there. After that normal ending at end of chapter 2, I really had tough time and didn't wanted to continue to play it, but now, I'm looking forward to every next update. I really like this new alternate or whatever name will be, version. About gameplay, I didn't had any bugs, issues or any problems of any kind, but it could be because I have replayed it from start. At end, I just have to say, keep up with good job man.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well, that MC is either a schizophrenic or has a horrible case of Asperger's.
I mean, he is sad the minute he thinks about his dead sister, then the moment after, he tells people he's good, his girlfriend who his sister introduced him to asks how he is and he says fantastic?

Is he lying, is she stupid? Sorry, but that's just absolutely not convincingly written. It's just weird.

And also, while the ladies all LOOK good, if GF doesn't stop with the constant hun and sweetie bs, I will let the MC commit bloody murder.
It feels like she is talking with a kid, which makes the sex even weirder.
Also, there's no romance at all, their first time feels like the MC is her callboy, the way she ushers him out.
You like someone, you want to have sex for the first time, you don't make an appointment and have plans for afterwards.
That's just horrible.

Don't get me wrong, I like the secretary, the client, I like the renders, but this stuff I wrote about, it really, really takes away from my enjoyment of the game.

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
thengineer loving the game but is there any way you can either change the text color and/or decrease the opacity of the text bar to make it more readable, the white text is very hard to read most of the time. Also for the texting you have to go in and out of the messages to get the new one to show on the screen then they continue on from there just fine, only the first new message each day was doing that to me while playing. Thanks!
I've added an outline, looks much better now! Thank you for the suggestion!
I've also finally fixed the bug, took a long time to figure out how to fix it (and I actually still have no idea why it was happening, I just randomly tried stuff till it worked). Thank you for bringing this to my attention as well, just in time for the public release!
Finally got some time to replay game and all I have to say is, well done. You really have done amazing job there. After that normal ending at end of chapter 2, I really had tough time and didn't wanted to continue to play it, but now, I'm looking forward to every next update. I really like this new alternate or whatever name will be, version. About gameplay, I didn't had any bugs, issues or any problems of any kind, but it could be because I have replayed it from start. At end, I just have to say, keep up with good job man.
Thank you so much! I hope you keep enjoying my upcoming chapters!

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
This game in a nut .. nutty ... naughty shell ... HAppy Anniversary Joraell!!!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wait, how did you get that outline in the text? I just added it into the official release which I published 2 minutes ago, so I'm guessing that's not the release you're using.
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1923, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 3, in script call
call day2 from _call_day2
File "game/script.rpy", line 2039, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 5, in script call
call day3 from _call_day3
File "game/script.rpy", line 2381, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 7, in script call
call day4 from _call_day4
File "game/script.rpy", line 2707, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 9, in script call
call day5 from _call_day5
File "game/script.rpy", line 3027, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 11, in script call
call day6 from _call_day6
File "game/script.rpy", line 3331, in script call
$renpy.pause(0.01,hard=True)
File "game/script.rpy", line 4836, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 13, in script call
call day7 from _call_day7
File "game/script.rpy", line 5127, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 15, in script call
call day8 from _call_day8
File "game/script.rpy", line 5863, in script
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/script.rpy", line 5863, in <module>
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/phone.rpy", line 509, in execute
screen phoneIcon():
screen phoneIcon():
File "game/phone.rpy", line 513, in execute
if( ( (currentReply<replyUpTo) and (not isInLabel) and hasGottenReply ) or ( (vanessaCurrentReply<vanessaReplyUpTo) and (not vanessaIsInLabel) and vanessaHasGottenReply ) ):
NameError: name 'vanessaIsInLabel' is not defined
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1923, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 3, in script call
call day2 from _call_day2
File "game/script.rpy", line 2039, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 5, in script call
call day3 from _call_day3
File "game/script.rpy", line 2381, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 7, in script call
call day4 from _call_day4
File "game/script.rpy", line 2707, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 9, in script call
call day5 from _call_day5
File "game/script.rpy", line 3027, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 11, in script call
call day6 from _call_day6
File "game/script.rpy", line 4836, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 13, in script call
call day7 from _call_day7
File "game/script.rpy", line 5127, in script call
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "game/bed.rpy", line 15, in script call
call day8 from _call_day8
File "game/script.rpy", line 5863, in script
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script.rpy", line 5863, in <module>
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1471, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\sidne\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\MoonlightSins-Ch4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
screen phoneIcon():
screen phoneIcon():
File "game/phone.rpy", line 513, in execute
if( ( (currentReply<replyUpTo) and (not isInLabel) and hasGottenReply ) or ( (vanessaCurrentReply<vanessaReplyUpTo) and (not vanessaIsInLabel) and vanessaHasGottenReply ) ):
File "<screen language>", line 513, in <module>
NameError: name 'vanessaIsInLabel' is not defined
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.1.311
Moonlight Sins Ch4
Thu Aug 01 22:26:13 2019
Had you played any prior versions? The game is not compatible with saves from Chapter 1/2, only Chapter 3 is save-compatible

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Penfold Mole has a transparent text box mod around here.

Abhai uses it for his crunched versions.

This does wonders for android and their small screens ... but the66 does not want to hear about it.
Ohhh, got it! I actually should consider removing the textbox now, since I've added an outline like that. It does look much better than without an outline in my opinion

• Love
Reactions: Canto Forte

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
OP has been updated with the official (public) version. It has a few bugfixes that wasn't in the leaked version. None of those bugs were gamebreaking.

wkjohnson2

Nov 29, 2018
Had you played any prior versions? The game is not compatible with saves from Chapter 1/2, only Chapter 3 is save-compatible

this happened to me as well and was able to get to the conversation with Joseph in the alley about sisters murder. so i read your reply and tried loading saves from ch 4 prior to this event. the error still happens. then tried loading auto saves which also did not work.

Reactions: thengineer

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
this happened to me as well and was able to get to the conversation with Joseph in the alley about sisters murder. so i read your reply and tried loading saves from ch 4 prior to this event. the error still happens. then tried loading auto saves which also did not work.
What I meant by Chapter 1/2 is the actual Chapter 1/2 releases, meaning if your saves come from those releases, they won't be compatible, not the current chapter in the story that your saves are from.
If you'd like to play the dark version of the story, what you can do is use this link to download chapter 3:

In it, you'll find a save on page 9, use it and you'll be prompted to reenter your name. Then, just play normally to the end of chapter 3 (you can hold the ctrl key to speed up the dialogue a lot). Save the game, and then open your downloaded chapter 4 version, and play from there.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
And another ... and another... now moving over to your profile posts :)

I made one related to our beautiful discussion on here about them text boxes obsolete status ... kill them all!

Death to all text boxes...!!!!

Leave nothing standing of those dark walls cutting into your beautiful renders;)!!!

Reactions: thengineer

Rock&Rule

Mar 15, 2019
Giving the tour of the house was pretty damn epic. I like the way choices have been set up so far. It seems fairly interesting the way they are set up and that you can actually refuse women if you want.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You would o_O... refuse:eek: them dames in this game:cautious::censored::censored::censored::oops:???

You wouldn't ... really ... it is inconceivable. Don't you dare refuse all those dames that resent you!

Be the hero! Save them from their empty lives! Give them the time of day and the cuddling at night!
Be the hero all dames deserve ... cause the one they need is their father ... and he is on a yacht ..
Having the water world time of his life curing his addiction on that pleasure yacht we keep hearin' about everywhere on the news.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
never an option ... she pretty much telegraphed her thoughts all by phone ... investigating by stealing people's stories and churning them into hell sure has its peak glass full o' gasoline ignition;)...

May 4, 2017
I'm against killing the characters with the most potential before that potential has been realized. I can't support this game as a matter of principle in fact after going through normal and hardcore and seeing the result was the same I quit and deleted it.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You cannot fight fate and sure as anything cannot dominate your loved ones.
Going to work is a conditioning most humans go through to handle stress and show compassion.
There is no stopping work and sure as hell leeching off of people's misfortune has its toll.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes