VN Ren'Py Abandoned Moonlight Sins [Ch. 1-4] [ThEngineer]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I'm against killing the characters with the most potential before that potential has been realized. I can't support this game as a matter of principle in fact after going through normal and hardcore and seeing the result was the same I quit and deleted it.
I'm against killing as well unless it's some creepy dude I hate any violence towards women. But you should reconsider as this is a pretty good game despite the killing of a character

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Giving the tour of the house was pretty damn epic. I like the way choices have been set up so far. It seems fairly interesting the way they are set up and that you can actually refuse women if you want.
Glad you enjoyed it!

I'm against killing the characters with the most potential before that potential has been realized. I can't support this game as a matter of principle in fact after going through normal and hardcore and seeing the result was the same I quit and deleted it.
I'm against killing as well unless it's some creepy dude I hate any violence towards women. But you should reconsider as this is a pretty good game despite the killing of a character
She doesn't die in the light version, she's just missing. The choices play very similarly so it's a bit hard to understand that at first, I may change the dialogue a bit to make it more explicit.

dimrodet

Feb 16, 2018
the bowling game is actually messed in the game. you're told to click when the bar is in the green box but when you do that it wont register for 1-2.5 seconds (literally changes every time you click) so you're stuck guessing when it'll actually register and hope to god it lands in at least the yellow

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
the bowling game is actually messed in the game. you're told to click when the bar is in the green box but when you do that it wont register for 1-2.5 seconds (literally changes every time you click) so you're stuck guessing when it'll actually register and hope to god it lands in at least the yellow
Thanks for letting me know! I'll probably revise it far in the future, definitely not a priority at the moment.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Not sure why so many people are upset with a character death in a visual novel.

More significant characters than the sister die all the time, whether in great stories; Achilles/Hector (the Iliad), Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello, Juliet (Shakespeare), Lenny (Of Mice and Men), Beth (Little Women) or contemporary ones; Dumbledore (Potter - verse), Uncle Ben/Gwen Stacy (Spider-Man) etc.

If it is a part of the story the author wishes to tell so be it IMO; and, if as I suspect it will lead to a crusade against whatever she was investigating later in the game, it'll actually serve more purpose than the death in that game by, as Canto Forte likes to call him, Pink Baker. ;)

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Not sure why so many people are upset with a character death in a visual novel.
Death is never a nice thing unless it's some asshole that's on the receiving end but to lose one's sister even though we never saw much of her and despite it being a game some people will connect with that and it will probably affect them more than others, I think it would have been a lot worse if we had more with the sister.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
But ... But ... THis is a VN ... It was already written years ago ... NO changes will ever phase dev;)

Would all of you nauseating nit pickers prefer this got turned into a kinetik novel?

@$%$%# Rich makes kinetic b@$@%% ,,, Rich! for all his supposed dev skill ...

All Rich can himself .. .for himself ... produce is a f@%$@% Kinettic Novel :eek:o_O:cautious::oops:

KUDOS to this dev for attempting something bolder, at least not kinetic.

So ... STOP b@$#%$ and play the game!!! Come with suggestions!

What sort of mini games do you like? Dev wants to stick mini games in his novel!

Did you like the sliders balancing sneaking mini games form Milfy City?

Did you like them mini games from BADIK? Which one did you like the most?

Do you like the slider mini games from the architect's games???
The Architect
[Unity] [Completed] Hack'n Stalk 2.0 [v1.0] [The Architect]
[Unity] [Completed] Hack'n Stalk [v1.0] [The Architect]
[Unity] [Completed] Hack'n Stalk 3 [v1.0] [The Architect]

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
to lose one's sister even though we never saw much of her and despite it being a game some people will connect with that and it will probably affect them more than others, I think it would have been a lot worse if we had more with the sister.
Oh, I didn't mean upset as in "don't feel sad," I think the author would have failed if the player/viewer/reader didn't. What I am saying is that eliciting sadness has as much a role to play in entertainment as any other emotion whether it be joy, excitement or horror etc. I'll try to explain better with an example.

One is supposed to feel sad when Captain Miller died in Saving Pvt.Ryan (or Jack in Titanic) but they didn't feel "upset" as in get irate and demand Spielberg re-shoot the movie where Capt. Miller lives and re-release an alternate version as this Dev was kind of made to do.

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
My god man I played bad game, but this is horrible I'm in the bowling but this misfortune does not work, so click on the green then you need to wait about 20 seconds until you have answer and always falls the wrong color, not to mention that the arrow mouse goes off sometimes, if you want to release a game at least fix the bugs, I was thinking of becoming patreon but after seeing so much bug I decided not to turn, if this game improves maybe I become a patreon, from what I saw from the game so far game looks good but you can't play with that much bug.

Reactions: thengineer
May 8, 2018
I really don't know what are you talking about guys, I never had any problem with mini games, it works as it should, maybe it is caused by your PC's.

Darkmetal Yeah, I totally agree with you for those cases which you have mentioned, but you have forgot one big difference, all those were books and movies which doesn't require immersion like here in VN. In VN we are supposed to be immersed into MC and with that approach it hits much harder than reading or watching that happening to someone else. Add to that case, that maybe some players have lost someone dear to them and it become even harder for them to process it. Next time just look on a bigger picture before commenting. All best m8.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Darkmetal Yeah, I totally agree with you for those cases which you have mentioned, but you have forgot one big difference, all those were books and movies which doesn't require immersion like here in VN. In VN we are supposed to be immersed into MC and with that approach it hits much harder than reading or watching that happening to someone else. Add to that case, that maybe some players have lost someone dear to them and it become even harder for them to process it. Next time just look on a bigger picture before commenting. All best m8.
If one talks about immersion with the MC, I think it is fair to say that more people have experienced losses and setbacks than have been a top lawyer who never loses a case, an 18 year old who harems his entire family, a Zerg Queen or an Archmage who also happens to be a Dragonborn.

The big picture is that losses and setbacks are part and parcel of everyone's life experience and, as such, it has its place in art, whatever the format.

What you are really saying is that creators should consider the smaller picture and self-censor themselves in consideration for people that are "sensitive" and/or prefer pure escapism in their content. That is a perfectly fine and legitimate request, but it isn't the bigger picture.

Cheers

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
In the alternate version, are we soon gonna banged luna in the coming updates
Definitely not soon, but at some point, probably (with some sort of patreon patch)

If anyone would like to help out with testing a new feature, please check this post on patreon:

And let me know how everything works out for you!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: X0R and Canto Forte

slimlayzie

May 22, 2018
Oh, I didn't mean upset as in "don't feel sad," I think the author would have failed if the player/viewer/reader didn't. What I am saying is that eliciting sadness has as much a role to play in entertainment as any other emotion whether it be joy, excitement or horror etc. I'll try to explain better with an example.

One is supposed to feel sad when Captain Miller died in Saving Pvt.Ryan (or Jack in Titanic) but they didn't feel "upset" as in get irate and demand Spielberg re-shoot the movie where Capt. Miller lives and re-release an alternate version as this Dev was kind of made to do.
WAIT.....We were supposed to be sad when Leo died in Titanic??? That was my favorite part! :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes