Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.5.6g] [Droid Productions]

4.80 star(s) 14 Votes

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I like the game but I have an Issue with the Gem Game and its not the fact it do's actually cheat.
Nope it really do's.
How else would one of the easiest to beat a giant spider and a half health one at that.
Manage to beat 100 shield and 300hp MC with Katie, Emily and Siu Moa Fu.
In just one turn because its was one big fuck off continuous turn thats how.
I have never seen so many X 's in one game ?.

But thats not the problem the problem is the placing of the Auto Move button.
Placing it next to the stack choice selection buttons is a seriouslly bad place to have it.
Bottom left or right of the screen away from them would of been better.

Why because the game has a small lag while the NPC makes it's move sometimes.
Meaning the Button apears active for you for a few secounds when infact it's not.
And because the Stack selct icons slides right to where Auto Move was when Auto Button has been used
Means you can click it thinking its your go when its not and by doing so swap your deck instead.

And the reason that is an issue is because it doesn't retain the progress that you had.
Nor do's it tranfer your progress if you have some of the same moves in the new stack it swops too.
Swapping to any stack mid battle meaning to or not will lose all the progess you have already built up.
Imagine if you will that you just fully filled Upper Cut, Berserker and Shoulder Roll.
Or you fighting something that often can get past your armour and you have Angelic Strike, One Two and Angelic healng.
And suddenly you click Auto move and instead to switches stack on you?.

Also excessive use of Auto Move button will causes the Gem Icons to display incorectly or even over lap each other.

So it might be a good idea to fix that and move the Auto move button.
Just saying

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
I like the game but I have an Issue with the Gem Game and its not the fact it do's actually cheat.
Nope it really do's.
How else would one of the easiest to beat a giant spider and a half health one at that.
Manage to beat 100 shield and 300hp MC with Katie, Emily and Siu Moa Fu.
In just one turn because its was one big fuck off continuous turn thats how.
I have never seen so many X 's in one game ?.

But thats not the problem the problem is the placing of the Auto Move button.
Placing it next to the stack choice selection buttons is a seriouslly bad place to have it.
Bottom left or right of the screen away from them would of been better.

Why because the game has a small lag while the NPC makes it's move sometimes.
Meaning the Button apears active for you for a few secounds when infact it's not.
And because the Stack selct icons slides right to where Auto Move was when Auto Button has been used
Means you can click it thinking its your go when its not and by doing so swap your deck instead.

And the reason that is an issue is because it doesn't retain the progress that you had.
Nor do's it tranfer your progress if you have some of the same moves in the new stack it swops too.
Swapping to any stack mid battle meaning to or not will lose all the progess you have already built up.
Imagine if you will that you just fully filled Upper Cut, Berserker and Shoulder Roll.
Or you fighting something that often can get past your armour and you have Angelic Strike, One Two and Angelic healng.
And suddenly you click Auto move and instead to switches stack on you?.

Also excessive use of Auto Move button will causes the Gem Icons to display incorectly or even over lap each other.

So it might be a good idea to fix that and move the Auto move button.
Just saying
I did not encounter your problem.

I just waited for the MC's portrait to light up again (signaling it's his turn) and then I took a look at the board and made my choices.

I also found that the auto-move does not always give the optimal choice since there are times where I am in gem denial mode to stop an opponent from getting a completed strike that I am not ready for (just one example).

Droid would have to address the impact of hitting auto move in what could be a speed run scenario.

I've not seen this issue brought up on his $ sites and yours is the first comment I've seen with this feedback.

Were you trying to do a speed run through combats?

Cheers!! :coffee:

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I did not encounter your problem.

I just waited for the MC's portrait to light up again (signaling it's his turn) and then I took a look at the board and made my choices.

I also found that the auto-move does not always give the optimal choice since there are times where I am in gem denial mode to stop an opponent from getting a completed strike that I am not ready for (just one example).

Droid would have to address the impact of hitting auto move in what could be a speed run scenario.

I've not seen this issue brought up on his $ sites and yours is the first comment I've seen with this feedback.

Were you trying to do a speed run through combats?

Nope I wasn't trying to speed through it I was just fed up of doing it manually.
I have also had it occasionally when your trying to swap it manually left to right or right to left if your not careful.
And theres more than one possible row to be had it will attempt to swap with the top one or bottom one instead.
And visa versa when you try and drag it.
Which isn't a problem normally unless you are playing a denying game.

No the issue is sometimes while the computer is deciding which it should move next for your opponent the Auto Move bar will appear where it normally is when it is your move which can result in you pressing it before it's your actually turn and thats when it will swop stack instead.
Plus sometimes if the NPC dosent really get more than 1 row of 3 or uses its moves on you instead that can results in 3 or 4 quickish auto moves.
And thats when it messes up.

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
Nope I wasn't trying to speed through it I was just fed up of doing it manually.
I have also had it occasionally when your trying to swap it manually left to right or right to left if your not careful.
And theres more than one possible row to be had it will attempt to swap with the top one or bottom one instead.
And visa versa when you try and drag it.
Which isn't a problem normally unless you are playing a denying game.

No the issue is sometimes while the computer is deciding which it should move next for your opponent the Auto Move bar will appear where it normally is when it is your move which can result in you pressing it before it's your actually turn and thats when it will swop stack instead.
Plus sometimes if the NPC dosent really get more than 1 row of 3 or uses its moves on you instead that can results in 3 or 4 quickish auto moves.
And thats when it messes up.
I have had the issue where I was not careful and, when there are multiple match possibilities by moving one gem, I did not grab the gem center mass and move it directly up/down or right/left.

Once I recognized this, I resolved the issue through more careful movements.

As far as the time it takes the computer to calculate an automove, I am using a fairly new desktop with a 4070 graphics card.

I have no idea how well this would work on a significantly older system (not sure that is what you have but it could be worth a look since this could impact those with significantly less processor).

I'd have to defer the processor question to Droid and his Alpha/Beta testers - for all I know, this may have already been deemed a non-issue.

Cheers!!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I have had the issue where I was not careful and, when there are multiple match possibilities by moving one gem, I did not grab the gem center mass and move it directly up/down or right/left.

Once I recognized this, I resolved the issue through more careful movements.

As far as the time it takes the computer to calculate an automove, I am using a fairly new desktop with a 4070 graphics card.

I have no idea how well this would work on a significantly older system (not sure that is what you have but it could be worth a look since this could impact those with significantly less processor).

I'd have to defer the processor question to Droid and his Alpha/Beta testers - for all I know, this may have already been deemed a non-issue.

Cheers!!
Doesn't take the computer any time to calculate, I'm just pausing a little to avoid the player getting whiplashed.

It'll try to do it's best guess at what you're trying to do when dragging; if it's counter-intuitive in certain situations, do let me know and I'll have a look.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
Doesn't take the computer any time to calculate, I'm just pausing a little to avoid the player getting whiplashed.

It'll try to do it's best guess at what you're trying to do when dragging; if it's counter-intuitive in certain situations, do let me know and I'll have a look.
Thanks for taking a look!

I've had some instances where there is a 4 match and a 3 match and when I grab the gem to complete the 4 match, it goes the wrong direction for the 3 match.

I'll pay more attention in the future to see if I can identify any other details that might help.

I always figured it was operator error (me :oops:) but I appreciate you taking a look.

Reactions: Droid Productions

JDE07

Mar 22, 2021
I must say a big "Thank You" to Droid for your awesome work here on morningstar and LoM, alongside your work with flexible media. Just a thought though I know you are working on new game+ with LoM, is there anything similar being considered here?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I must say a big "Thank You" to Droid for your awesome work here on morningstar and LoM, alongside your work with flexible media. Just a thought though I know you are working on new game+ with LoM, is there anything similar being considered here?
Not immediately. LoM was just a much larger work, and much closer to Persona.

Next up I'm eyeing WoE.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: motseer

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's kinda smooth. What program did you use? It is much better than the Daz animations I've been working with.
It's daz, just... work :) The dforce sim really helps sell the smoothness, but it also meant it took three times rendering it (each time an 8 hr process on a 4090) before I was happy with how it looked and got rid of all the clipping issues and whatnot.

Reactions: ArhraCole

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
I just got to save the life of a certain Sidhe Princess...

Her reward was Outstanding and I enjoyed the sexy time with Ciara

Given how big a pain in the ass she's been towards the MC, it was Truly fitting that he was a pain in Her ass as part of that sexy time!! :p

Droid Productions did a great job with that mini story arc leading to the sexy time!

I don't know if it is the cards for repeatable sex scenes with: Ciara, the Tigress cousins - Mu Lau and Saffron, and Saoe but I would certainly consider other nights spent with any of them to be worthy endeavors!
:love:

The maze runs are getting more interesting as well with some new allies. (y)

The early stages of the final act are looking Very good!

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I just got to save the life of a certain Sidhe Princess...

Her reward was Outstanding and I enjoyed the sexy time with Ciara.

Given how big a pain in the ass she's been towards the MC, it was Truly fitting that he was a pain in Her ass as part of that sexy time!! :p

Droid Productions did a great job with that mini story arc leading to the sexy time!

I don't know if it is the cards for repeatable sex scenes with: Ciara, the Tigress cousins - Mu Lau and Saffron, and Saoe but I would certainly consider other nights spent with any of them to be worthy endeavors! :love:

The maze runs are getting more interesting as well with some new allies. (y)

The early stages of the final act are looking Very good!

well thanks for that hm.. I better put you on my ignore list just incase you decide to spoil any other games.
That have recently dropped an update that I haven't had the time to get around to playing yet.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
well thanks for that hm.. I better put you on my ignore list just incase you decide to spoil any other games.
That have recently dropped an update that I haven't had the time to get around to playing yet.
I just don't think I will ever figure it out... They just don't care, don't think... Maybe it's one of the great mysteries of the universe or just an example of the power of human stupidity. I only know it sometimes gives me a major...

headache.gif

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
shower3.png

This little day 98 scene wasn't actually ever planned; it came accidentally as a result of how I ended up writing day 97. Turned out nicely, though. I love experimenting with dramatic lighting of various types, sometimes it works out, other times it doesn't.

Hopefully I'll get day 99 and 100 done this weekend; there's only 15 days left at this point... the end is in sight.

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
I know it's not fair, bur I really like most of the new models over the ones from Love of magic, They tend to look so much better than the old ones, not sure if you're planning to update some of the old characters models.

Looking forward the update.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I know it's not fair, bur I really like most of the new models over the ones from Love of magic, They tend to look so much better than the old ones, not sure if you're planning to update some of the old characters models.

Looking forward the update.
It's just better lighting; it's 5 years since I started LoM, and I'm constantly getting better in terms of rendering, posing and lighting.

And, no, no plans for re-rendering all of LoM.

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
It's just better lighting; it's 5 years since I started LoM, and I'm constantly getting better in terms of rendering, posing and lighting.

And, no, no plans for re-rendering all of LoM.
I mean update them for future projects, I mean they look great, but also look outdated when compared to the next recent characters.

4.80 star(s) 14 Votes