4.20 star(s) 34 Votes

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Couldn't find any info on the dev notes, but is Maya confirmed to be a LI?
She is an LI. The staff/uploader who copied only copied the OP with the first round of characters that had been made.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Copy-Paste from Patreon, for anyone who hasn't seen it:

mtce02_7-25-23.jpg

Not posting the recap here of S01E01's release here. Jump over to Patreon to read that, doesn't really say much beyond the jump in support, hardware limitations, etc. Anyways:

So, we're about a 118-ish renders into S01E02. With a few animations done. As I mentioned above regarding the GPU, it's slow moving. I can't do much beyond letting them render to a certain point and move on to the next. But at the same time, I'm not going to bend on the quality front, regardless of how long it takes. In that sense, I'm still flip-flopping on the number of renders I'll be putting into each update until I can afford that upgrade. 500 is the minimum, I think. We'll see where we're at when release time starts creeping up and go from there.

MTCCupdates - Copy.png

- As mentioned above, we're at about a 118 renders, excluding a couple spot renders for small fixes and a few animations. Though, only one currently for an erotic scene. There may be some fooling around and a one night stand in this update, but sex with any LIs is a bit off as the cast is still being introduced and the story is still being rounded into shape.

- I've put together something of a to-do list for this update that'll be updated with each Play Sheet (provided something's changed, at least.), as you can see below:

s01e02_todo.jpg

- Which works as a nice segue into the next point. Some had trouble understanding some of the lingo/slang in American Football and or Collegiate American Football. I've put together a glossary. The UI isn't final, and the imagebutton shown in the below video likely isn't, either. It's just there as a working piece for now:

I believe nearly every American Football-specific term/slang used in S01E01 is in there. Feel free to mention anything you didn't understand in the comments below and I'll see if I addressed somewhere in there. If not, I'll add it.

- There'll also be alerts for when new terms are added to the glossary.

- For now, the focus is on the gallery. Everything else on that same line is more of an eventual goal that maybe be template'd in this release but not usable. The character section will likely be mostly completed in this release. Imagebutton updates are more of a maybe this release.

I'm currently looking at music services for Move The Chains, but most are either vague or outright disallow any NSFW content related to the said works. Storyblocks doesn't mention anything about it, which is nice, but also kind of sketchy in it's own right. I've contact them, so we'll see if they allow it or not. Feel free to drop some recommendations if you're aware of any.

I feel like I'm forgetting a couple things, but that's all that's coming to me right now. May edit if I remember, will notify if I do edit. That said, feel free to reply with any thoughts or questions and feel free to check out the preview images below! :)

P.S. Discord is coming soon. Still trying to figure out bots and such.

mfsig2.png

mcybath19.png mcnx42.png
mcnx14.png mcdg3.png
mcnx32.png

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Fake how?

I sincerely have no idea how people are coming to this conclusion. Trans content is entirely optional. With either the MC or the girls. The options are pretty self-explanatory.

Wish people would actually download it and see for themselves rather than regurgitate the unintentional false information on the first page.
Optional sharing (or NTR) doesn't make a, total, difference because a lot of people think that the LI's should, by the very nature of their relationships with the MC, be against interacting with any cock other than the MC's. Meaning that they would never be okay with it under any circumstances. Also, if the MC has the capability to be a cuck and let his girls get railed by someone else, that is going to be a huge immersion breaker for a lot of people as well.

Personally, my preference would be to have no (sexual) interaction between the t-girl and the other LIs, but if there absolutely must be, then I think the best course of action is just to make a switch at the beginning of the game that will disable all of the t-girl options and railroad players on to the total non-LI path with that character. Players who don't want trans content aren't likely to change their minds part way through anyway. Additionally, I would also recommend not ever having H-scenes with Diana and/or Eisley and the t-girl, since they both have deeper pre-existing relationships with the MC.

Ultimately, it's your game and you can do what you want. But if you're going to make a harem game and then have more than one cock in the hen house, you should expect some backlash.

That all said, the game looks really good, so keep up the good work.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Optional sharing (or NTR) doesn't make a, total, difference because a lot of people think that the LI's should, by the very nature of their relationships with the MC, be against interacting with any cock other than the MC's. Meaning that they would never be okay with it under any circumstances. Also, if the MC has the capability to be a cuck and let his girls get railed by someone else, that is going to be a huge immersion breaker for a lot of people as well.

Personally, my preference would be to have no (sexual) interaction between the t-girl and the other LIs, but if there absolutely must be, then I think the best course of action is just to make a switch at the beginning of the game that will disable all of the t-girl options and railroad players on to the total non-LI path with that character. Players who don't want trans content aren't likely to change their minds part way through anyway. Additionally, I would also recommend not ever having H-scenes with Diana and/or Eisley and the t-girl, since they both have deeper pre-existing relationships with the MC.

Ultimately, it's your game and you can do what you want. But if you're going to make a harem game and then have more than one cock in the hen house, you should expect some backlash.

That all said, the game looks really good, so keep up the good work.
I mean, I genuinely don't understand the mindset of "it mustn't be there at all, or I won't play" when it's entirely possible to just say no from the get-go (or just straight up reject the trans LI when the option of furthering their relationship comes around.).

The trans character is only going to be involved with the other girls if the player themselves chooses to do so. It's there simply for those who might enjoy it. Nothing with the trans LI is forced (sans Renee early on, but Renee isn't an LI. And that's going to be adjusted pre-Steam release.), the trans LI can also simply be an LI and only be a bottom/sub for the MC. If the player doesn't want trans content, they can just say no to Ivy (the trans LI) when the moment rolls around.

The MC isn't a cuck, nor is he going to be. He'll be doing the cucking to a certain douchebag. There's going to be two eventual choices. One to start dating her or not, then another will come with the MC contemplating if she wants her involved with other girls. Basically, yes or no questions for both. Obviously, answering no to the second will lock her out of sexual content with other LIs. Whether she's romantically/sexually involved with MC or not, Ivy is still very much a story-heavy character. So, she's going to exist in the story even if the MC isn't dating her.

There seems to be this idea that, and maybe it's my fault for not conveying it clearly enough, the trans LI is being forced onto players when it's entirely optional. Just because it exists doesn't mean it's going to be forced onto you. It exists for those who enjoying. Nothing more, nothing less. The goal is to make everything optional, or as close to it as possible. I get it if people don't like the content, hence it being optional, but if you have issues with the option of something existing, I think that says more about you (not you personally, just generally speaking.) than it does anything else.

There shouldn't be backlash for a choice or optional fetish. Ignore it and keep playing, or don't. But throwing a tantrum because you don't like the option of a trans LI is nothing short of entitled.

Edit: This post is no longer valid. Choice for trans content will now be at the beginning of the VN.

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
There seems to be this idea that, and maybe it's my fault for not conveying it clearly enough, the trans LI is being forced onto players when it's entirely optional. Just because it exists doesn't mean it's going to be forced onto you. It exists for those who enjoying. Nothing more, nothing less. The goal is to make everything optional, or as close to it as possible. I get it if people don't like the content, hence it being optional, but if you have issues with the option of something existing, I think that says more about you (not you personally, just generally speaking.) than it does anything else.
No, you've beaten this dead bush into the ground 100 times over already. You couldn't have been more clear about her avoidability tbh. There's a certain sect of people who will complain about any content with Ivy, optional or otherwise. Doesn't matter how you present it, doesn't matter how you offer an opt out for it, if it's there then they'll use it as an excuse to spread toxicity.
I wouldn't stress about any of the whiners tbh. No matter what you do with her they'll complain about it. The people who enjoy your game, and potentially even back it are going to be either fine with Ivy or fine with the options to avoid her, the ones spreading hate about her are just using this as a forum to spread hate.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

View attachment 2800984

Not posting the recap here of S01E01's release here. Jump over to Patreon to read that, doesn't really say much beyond the jump in support, hardware limitations, etc. Anyways:

So, we're about a 118-ish renders into S01E02. With a few animations done. As I mentioned above regarding the GPU, it's slow moving. I can't do much beyond letting them render to a certain point and move on to the next. But at the same time, I'm not going to bend on the quality front, regardless of how long it takes. In that sense, I'm still flip-flopping on the number of renders I'll be putting into each update until I can afford that upgrade. 500 is the minimum, I think. We'll see where we're at when release time starts creeping up and go from there.

View attachment 2800986

- As mentioned above, we're at about a 118 renders, excluding a couple spot renders for small fixes and a few animations. Though, only one currently for an erotic scene. There may be some fooling around and a one night stand in this update, but sex with any LIs is a bit off as the cast is still being introduced and the story is still being rounded into shape.

- I've put together something of a to-do list for this update that'll be updated with each Play Sheet (provided something's changed, at least.), as you can see below:

View attachment 2800987

- Which works as a nice segue into the next point. Some had trouble understanding some of the lingo/slang in American Football and or Collegiate American Football. I've put together a glossary. The UI isn't final, and the imagebutton shown in the below video likely isn't, either. It's just there as a working piece for now:

I believe nearly every American Football-specific term/slang used in S01E01 is in there. Feel free to mention anything you didn't understand in the comments below and I'll see if I addressed somewhere in there. If not, I'll add it.

- For now, the focus is on the gallery. Everything else on that same line is more of an eventual goal that maybe be template'd in this release but not usable. The character section will likely be mostly completed in this release. Imagebutton updates are more of a maybe this release.

I'm currently looking at music services for Move The Chains, but most are either vague or outright disallow any NSFW content related to the said works. Storyblocks doesn't mention anything about it, which is nice, but also kind of sketchy in it's own right. I've contact them, so we'll see if they allow it or not. Feel free to drop some recommendations if you're aware of any.

I feel like I'm forgetting a couple things, but that's all that's coming to me right now. May edit if I remember, will notify if I do edit. That said, feel free to reply with any thoughts or questions and feel free to check out the preview images below! :)

View attachment 2800996

View attachment 2801001 View attachment 2801002
View attachment 2801004 View attachment 2801006
View attachment 2801008
Nice, i'd love and can't wait some preview of Kara and Ian:)

• Red Heart
Reactions: MissFortune

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
THANK YOU for sharing the news here MissFortune !!
I came shamelessly to bother you with some gameplay questions :giggle:, you see every time I replay your game I discover some new hidden menu :D like this:

mtc-stats.jpg
1) Do you plan in the future change the MC's personality with this "cockiness" and "humility" system or just keeping it as a flavour text?
2) What's that "Superstar Rating" ? Something about MC attributes as a player during the matches like Madden games?
3) And finally what is your idea of a season? maybe content of Move the Chains released in 2023 or MC's whole freshman year?

Have a good week ! :coffee:

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
THANK YOU for sharing the news here MissFortune !!
I came shamelessly to bother you with some gameplay questions :giggle:, you see every time I replay your game I discover some new hidden menu :D like this:
You're welcome. Some of the menus do tend to get a bit buried with so much going on.

I need to update that menu a bit, though. I completely forgot about fixing it prior to the public release. So, thanks for reminding me. :ROFLMAO:

1) Do you plan in the future change the MC's personality with this "cockiness" and "humility" system or just keeping it as a flavour text?
It's largely interaction based. If your cockiness is high during an interview prior to a game, you'll be more likely to say something cocky, and vice versa for humility. It'll also eventually change (not including choices) how you interact with other team's players (shit talking, etc.) and the media itself (saying something extreme/bold to grab headlines, etc.).

2) What's that "Superstar Rating" ? Something about MC attributes as a player during the matches like Madden games?
It does a number of things, just not quite anything yet. The higher it is, the more options you'll have to go for riskier plays during games and be successful with them. As it rises, it'll effect smaller things outside of the game like how MC is talked about by the media and fans online. But the main feature for that is definitely the games.

3) And finally what is your idea of a season? maybe content of Move the Chains released in 2023 or MC's whole freshman year?
The general thought is that a season is going to last until the VN is too big to conceivably download for the average user, so probably around 7 to 10 GB. I'm not really a fan of compressing VNs based on the artifacting it creates in renders, but might have to do a little bit of that.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
I mean, I genuinely don't understand the mindset of "it mustn't be there at all, or I won't play" when it's entirely possible to just say no from the get-go (or just straight up reject the trans LI when the option of furthering their relationship comes around.).

The trans character is only going to be involved with the other girls if the player themselves chooses to do so. It's there simply for those who might enjoy it. Nothing with the trans LI is forced (sans Renee early on, but Renee isn't an LI. And that's going to be adjusted pre-Steam release.), the trans LI can also simply be an LI and only be a bottom/sub for the MC. If the player doesn't want trans content, they can just say no to Ivy (the trans LI) when the moment rolls around.

The MC isn't a cuck, nor is he going to be. He'll be doing the cucking to a certain douchebag. There's going to be two eventual choices. One to start dating her or not, then another will come with the MC contemplating if she wants her involved with other girls. Basically, yes or no questions for both. Obviously, answering no to the second will lock her out of sexual content with other LIs. Whether she's romantically/sexually involved with MC or not, Ivy is still very much a story-heavy character. So, she's going to exist in the story even if the MC isn't dating her.

There shouldn't be backlash for a choice or optional fetish. Ignore it and keep playing, or don't. But throwing a tantrum because you don't like the option of a trans LI is nothing short of entitled.
Like I said, it's your game. But what you're not understanding is that by the very existence of the option, people see that as a consideration that the MC and LIs have, which in this case means that the LIs are considering getting dicked down by a character other than the MC, while in a relationship with the MC. And the same is true of the MC considering allowing his LIs to get fucked by someone else. So the problem people have is not simply to do with the option, but the deeper implication of the existence of the option itself. The fact that the option exists says something about the characters which is extremely unattractive to some people. They basically see it as the LIs being okay with cheating on the MC, and the MC being okay with being cheated on. Which you probably think is an unfair categorization, but that's how the heart works. Even if you say that the player and thus the MC must choose that option, theoretically the LIs, if they were real, could still refuse, but by virtue of the fact that they will not refuse, people see that as a breach in loyalty. Likely based on the reasoning that the LIs should refuse in order to protect the MC from hurting himself. I'm not saying it's fair, but if I had to bet on what the reasoning is, that's what I'd put my money on, at least at a subconscious level. A lot of people probably don't think quite this deeply about it, and some of it is simply the inevitable aversion to all things trans.

I'm sorry to say this, but letting a cock that is not your own penetrate your significant other is the essence of cuckoldry. I'm sure you think it's different because "it's a feminine penis" (or some such cope) and it belongs to another LI, but in reality, it's not different, either way, someone other than the MC is fucking the LIs. There's no 2 ways around that fact. It may not be full blown, humiliation cuck shit, but again, the end result is still that a LI is getting piped by someone other than the MC.

Personally, I outright avoid the vast majority of games with even optional sharing or NTR, because like I said, it tells you something about the characters, but this game I think exists in something of a gray area, due to the fact that its a trans LI, rather than some random dude. The fact that not pursuing the trans LI means you won't even be given the option to share with them, is also something of a saving grace, as it will allow, most, people who aren't interested to put it out of their minds.

Last edited:

deimos25

Sep 29, 2021
So about the current "issue" being discussed, to me its seems ok as is, but could also maybe take it a step further and make it completely avoidable, like the questions before games starts about netori and drugs...

I only played a small amount, but it seems you are very dedicated and are planning to make a very in depth game. Considering this is the case, (not sure how much additional work the following creates, but may be worth it)... another option could be something like what WVM did with Shauna.

TBH I don't know how this approach was received by the community as I haven't really delved into it's threads. It has its awkward moments at times but overall I liked this approach.

Last edited:

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I only played a small amount, but it seems you are very dedicated and are planning to make a very in depth game. Considering this is the case, (not sure how much additional work the following creates, but may be worth it)... another option could be something like what WVM did with Shauna.

TBH I don't know how this approach was received by the community as I haven't really delved into it's threads. It has its awkward moments at times but overall I liked this approach.
The issue for me in that way is that I simply don't have the time to do that currently (regarding the trans/non-trans option), or the hardware to do it efficiently. This is a hobby currently, the actual job takes priority. So, rendering a trans and non-trans version means double the rendering, which means double the time. Which is also means two versions of the same animations for the trans and non-trans versions. No matter how I spin it, that's just not an effective use of time. Right now, at least.

Unfortunately, making it avoidable from the beginning would force a restart for those playing, and I'd rather not do that to players. Especially over a single scene. I suppose I can drop a variable at the beginning of Episode 2 giving the option to completely disable it and update Episode 1 with a small tooltip warning or something of the sort. But that's about it. For now, they can say no to the one scene that features any trans content or they can continue being dramatic simply because the option exists.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021

TBH I don't know how this approach was received by the community...
If you are truly interested in what the "community" thinks...

We don't think much of newbs who want to tell the dev how to make their product.

We don't think much of anyone who wants to tell the dev what they think of their product when they admit they have only "played a small amount".

We don't think much of newbs or anyone for that matter who don't know or abide by the site rules - such as not discussing or linking to other threads.

We don't think much of making suggestions in one breath while admitting you know nothing about it in the next.

Finally, we don't think much of a post that has so many rude, ignorant and rule breaking comments in five sentences of drivel.

joeblow00

Jun 13, 2017

View attachment 2800984

View attachment 2800986

View attachment 2800987

View attachment 2800996

View attachment 2801001 View attachment 2801002
View attachment 2801004 View attachment 2801006
View attachment 2801008
I appreciate it when creators do this, I know you want more people on your Patreon. It shows that there is progress on the game for people who aren't in a position to support the game financially. Do you have any banners for the game so we can put them in our sigs?

Reactions: MissFortune
4.20 star(s) 34 Votes