ApaGod

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2017
Gonna need a walkthrough my guy
My only problem is knowing what to do and when
to both of you then yea, i get the feeling that sandbox won't be a smart idea as my first game afterall, so i'm rewriting to a VN style.
It does take a little effort though, as i already had the story planned for a sandbox, and i'm now adding events inbetween, so the story still feels "good".

KobaltFrevathMD

Jan 15, 2021
to both of you then yea, i get the feeling that sandbox won't be a smart idea as my first game afterall, so i'm rewriting to a VN style.
It does take a little effort though, as i already had the story planned for a sandbox, and i'm not adding events inbetween, so the story still feels "good".
I have to be honest, I am so fucking excited to see where this goes. It has been a long time since I was immediately invested in a character, let alone two of them "Star and MC/John"
There's nothing wrong with the way you are doing it, there just might need a bit more clarification or hand holding lol

ApaGod

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2017
There's nothing wrong with the way you are doing it, there just might need a bit more clarification or hand holding
I feel like, as long as the story is coherent i don't mind in which form it is written. So i'm just dipping my toes in VN to see if that's easier to make the story. I can always switch back, so no hurt in trying. might take a little longer for the release, but that's okay i think.
excited to see where this goe
Mee too, i have some decent plans for when the actual smut comes in. ;)

str8h8

Jun 28, 2022
So, just to clarify, for anyone confused since OP won't give us a straight answer : Stop gaslighting yourself into thinking there is something more that can be done, the content just isn't there yet. Nothing past meeting the two girls in the kitchen.

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
ApaGod This game caught my attention as I think it could be really good. I like the look of the girls and potentially incest inspired story. As others have said, drop the sandbox and stick with a VN game. Slightly improve render quality, focus on writing a good story, and of course smooth animations are always a welcome bonus. Just Keep-It-Simple.

ApaGod

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2017
Slightly improve render quality
Yea i think the renderquality is actually something to do with my compression to Jpg... I still have the Png files, and they look a lot better. So i think i compressed them too much :KEK: (They became grainy).
But not be purely because of that, so i'm keeping an eye on it ;)

stick with a VN game
Definitely gonna do that!

confused since OP won't give us a straight answer
Yea mb, thought people in the comments explained it well enough, but should have clearified. It's a shit show right now, but i just wanted to post the idea, before going along with it ;)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Yea i think the renderquality is actually something to do with my compression to Jpg... I still have the Png files, and they look a lot better. So i think i compressed them too much :KEK: (They became grainy).
But not be purely because of that, so i'm keeping an eye on it ;)
Lossless WebP is the way to go (assuming you're using Photoshop or any other marginally competent photo-editing software not named GIMP). It's slightly larger in the file size department than standard WebP, but the quality you save with Lossless WebP is worth it.

Reactions: tripod70

ApaGod

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2017
Lossless WebP is the way to go (assuming you're using Photoshop or any other marginally competent photo-editing software not named GIMP). It's slightly larger in the file size department than standard WebP, but the quality you save with Lossless WebP is worth it.
Cheers, i didn't really look much into it since it was just a demo, and it would be almost 1 GB with PNG, so just used a free and fast converter.
But i'll look into that one. (y)

Mar 30, 2018
Yea mb, thought people in the comments explained it well enough, but should have clearified. It's a shit show right now, but i just wanted to post the idea, before going along with it ;)
It's not a shitshow at all, it's a demo. And it's pretty good for a demo. I didn't saw anybody doubt you will do a great game.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Cheers, i didn't really look much into it since it was just a demo, and it would be almost 1 GB with PNG, so just used a free and fast converter.
But i'll look into that one. (y)
XnConvert is a quick and (somewhat) easy batch conversion that can take the original PNG files and convert them into Lossless WebP quite quickly (for reference, I did about 900-ish renders in a couple minutes.). Your workflow might change a bit if you're doing postwork, though.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
XnConvert is a quick and (somewhat) easy batch conversion that can take the original PNG files and convert them into Lossless WebP quite quickly (for reference, I did about 900-ish renders in a couple minutes.). Your workflow might change a bit if you're doing postwork, though.
That is what I use, and it is Quick but I render in jpg and denoise before converting to webp and get good results...

Reactions: MissFortune

capital2500

Jun 6, 2022
Short: Much less will make it better^^

As long as you are not the renpy or daz master, try to keep it as simple as it can be.

It´s (hopefully) just the beginning and not bad at all. Promising Characters and yeah, allready told severell times: Less Thoughts please ;)

I´m not so sure about the switch to VN, but excited to see how it goes on with your game. Good luck!

Nytol51

Nov 14, 2021
I think some of the minor aggravation is that currently all events are triggered in the morning and there is nothing to do or happen during the Afternoon, Evening, and Night. There might as well just be a daily choice instead for now.

Reactions: Jeanjacquouile

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
Will the mom be showing up in the future, and will she be on the menu? Good start here, and I really like the dev's attitude. Responsive, not thin skinned (even though many here can be absolute d-bags). I wish him well, and hope to support him in the future.

Reactions: Jeanjacquouile

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
In the first release you'll get to see her. My plans with her wasn't for her to be on the table for the MC, but we will see action with her through other means. However plans can always change depending on what people would like to see ;)
I always like all ladies available, so consider this one vote for!

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
This is the first release so it isn't too late to rethink the sandbox tag. No one likes the search/grind/repeat aspect of sandbox. Some people put up with it but don't like it.

Reactions: obibobi
4.10 star(s) 35 Votes