Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Can't really say, I hoped it was going to be faster, but I need to redo a lot of animations. And I'm really bad with dates, that's one of the reasons I don't set them. Because I want the game look and feel as good as possible, so I end up making more on top of what I wanted initially.

I would want to release as soon as possible, as always. For example aiming to release before the end of autumn, but would that happen? I honestly can't say.

I'm also working on something new for the game, that I can't announce for now ^^
Have you thought about reducing the size of the updates or dividing them into parts? It's been almost 6 months since the last one and it may be 6 more months. I think you should look into reducing the time between realeases because 6-12 month is just too much.

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Have you thought about reducing the size of the updates or dividing them into parts? It's been almost 6 months since the last one and it may be 6 more months. I think you should look into reducing the time between realeases because 6-12 month is just too much.
That's why I'm doing this remake in the first place, to reduce needed work for the future updates. But releasing a half-done remake would be no bueno. Though such long waits are neither pleasant, I understand that.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
That's why I'm doing this remake in the first place, to reduce needed work for the future updates. But releasing a half-done remake would be no bueno. Though such long waits are neither pleasant, I understand that.
While I miss the girls in the game and the latest update left me wanting to slap Shinigami for what she did at the end, I think you are doing the right thing in fixing the problems now. Keep trucking along and don't let others get you down. Quality is worth the wait.

But if you wanted to maybe post a cute pic of Sophie in her cat ears, I wouldn't be mad at that... just thinking out loud... :ROFLMAO:

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
While I miss the girls in the game and the latest update left me wanting to slap Shinigami for what she did at the end, I think you are doing the right thing in fixing the problems now. Keep trucking along and don't let others get you down. Quality is worth the wait.

But if you wanted to maybe post a cute pic of Sophie in her cat ears, I wouldn't be mad at that... just thinking out loud... :ROFLMAO:
I agree quality is worth the wait, to a certain extent. I think a successful developer have to find a balance between quality and quantity but right now the wait between realeases is just too big. I mean I love the game I'm not criticizing it's content (Sophie is the best) but it would be good that Devil's Dad actively look into reducing developing time without reducing it quality because a games that takes this long between update will sooner or later start to get bad reputation (like Waifu Academy or WVM).

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I agree quality is worth the wait, to a certain extent. I think a successful developer have to find a balance between quality and quantity but right now the wait between realeases is just too big. I mean I love the game I'm not criticizing it's content (Sophie is the best) but it would be good that Devil's Dad actively look into reducing developing time without reducing it quality because a games that takes this long between update will sooner or later start to get bad reputation (like Waifu Academy or WVM).
The fact is that Murmur saw that the game would have had issues with the new updates ( kinda like it happened to Jestur for Ripples, to make an example), so instead of waiting he decided to redo it while there was still time, this is not a matter of finding the balancing between quality and release, but to correct what wasn't good with the core of the game itself.
Once completed the rework he will restart working on the updates, it suck to wait but the risk of having an unstable or potentially crushing game with every new updates would have been far worse.
So this is not a matter of being slow with the updates like happened with the games you correctly quoted, but something different and that couldn't be postponed anymore, and I believe Murmur on that since he was always upfront and correct in his interactions with us. :)

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I agree, the balance for the update time is almost crucial, though quality of the product is almost always should be prioritized or there is no point in doing anything to begin with, only if your interest just money. But I see games more as an art than business. And again, I agree with you, game should take less for each update, and I want that. Sadly, I don't see more ways for that at the moment. I'm already in the process of the reduction render quantity for better update times in the future.

Whatamidooing

Apr 22, 2019
I agree, the balance for the update time is almost crucial, though quality of the product is almost always should be prioritized or there is no point in doing anything to begin with, only if your interest just money. But I see games more as an art than business. And again, I agree with you, game should take less for each update, and I want that. Sadly, I don't see more ways for that at the moment. I'm already in the process of the reduction render quantity for better update times in the future.
considering that most people don't have 4k screens and 1440p is only *just* becoming the average. Yeah, 1080p renders are fine. Also anything more than 720p on a phone screen is pointless.

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
considering that most people don't have 4k screens and 1440p is only *just* becoming the average. Yeah, 1080p renders are fine. Also anything more than 720p on a phone screen is pointless.
Quantity, not quality :D

I always render them Ultra HD and then resize to Full HD. And that won't change. But yeah, I agree, there is no point in 4k size renders in the game.

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Maybe this is a dumb question, but what are 'DD Scenes'? Just saw an option to enable it in the options menu.
If you enable this, you will see scenes (with my mascot DD) after credits of each update since 0.3 version while playing the game.

I still haven't found the best way to name this option, not to make the name too big.

Kaasje404

Apr 15, 2021
Is better to play the corruption/lewd route or the love route? Some games have most or all content in one route i don't know if this is the case with this one.

4.50 star(s) 68 Votes