Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Wow! Really love the content so far. Hit all the good points. I had no idea what to expect and it is always welcome when you find a gem out of the blue.

Totally part of Shinigami team. I know she is a goddess so a comparison is not fair, but she is definitely the best girl. And she appearing as Ami was definitely the best in the VN.

chesus

Nov 18, 2017
wow this is honestly quickly becoming one of my faves!
there's a surprisingly competent amount of pacing and I find myself actually reading instead of skipping through, the few clichés aren't drawn out and I've been enjoying every update +1
shimigami gang rise up! (best girl)

Katsuie

Oct 15, 2017
ok so mark me surprised.. Most games I see that have Honey Select elements in them I shame. But God damn is this game got me involved. Very well done. I look forward to the next update. :)

SoftheW

May 26, 2020
Sorry for the question.
Is the android versione already patched ?
Because Liz call the MC brother.
Or maybe the patch changes something else ???

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

Hello everyone
It's time to talk with you about progress made on 0.4 update and what can you expect from it and when.
First I want to say that you can expect Alpha 0.4 in the first half of July. Next, I will tell you how the work is progressing and what exactly you can expect. And whether you want to wait for it or not is up to you.

Initially, I wanted to finish up alpha before the end of June. But I guess I suck at setting deadlines and completing them at the moment, haha. Despite that progress is being made and work is going. As of now first revision of the Alpha script is ready and 4/10 of the renders are ready too. I would also like to spend some time to figure out the way to make better animations. But I don't know how that will go for me. Being a perfectionist is a
"double-edged sword". I want best for my game at the quality, but I'm losing at the quantity.
While I'm taking the renders, I'm also making corrections to the script to correlate it with what's happening in the actual space of the game. To better immerse you as a player in what's happening. After that only what remains is to proofread the script and assemble the update.

For what you can expect in this update. This Alpha (first part) of 0.4 will be focusing on the continuation of your relationship with Sophie and the disclosure of your relationship with Liz. It means that you can expect: 1) a romantic debut with Sophie on which your bond will be built with some hints of future events. 2) disclosure of Liz and her character, deepening into romantic or lewd relationships with her.
Also, this Alpha will be a bit bigger in volume than the first part of the 0.3, but less in animations. Because it will be mostly a set up for the future.
0.4 update should close the first chapter of the game. Which is an introduction. And after that, we will get deeper into each character. Also, there will be more female characters, but that is a secret yet :p

I hope that this post will give you a better vision of what you can expect and help you to decide whether you want to support me further or not.
I know that you want me to make more frequent updates, and I'm quite not happy with that I can't give you that yet.

I hope you all staying healthy physically and mentally.
Your DD

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
About the last progress update:

Animations are totally overrated. I mean, yeah, they are nice, but they take too much time for so little. The benefit does not justify the cost.
If anything, I would leave animations for when the rest of the game is done, while writing the script for another game. A good opportunity to replay in a higher quality.

I do think music is worth the time though. The more of an emotional roller coaster a VN is, the more important music is. A lot of emotion can be conveyed without text or even impressive renders with just the right music.
Of course I am not asking you to create music. There are copyright free songs you can use for each scene.

But hey, those are just my two cents. I really like Murmur.

The teacher is hands down the best girl. I can't wait for more content with her!
I'm gonna answer to that and start a waifu war: best girl is Shinigami.

May 19, 2019

Animations are totally overrated. I mean, yeah, they are nice, but they take too much time for so little. The benefit does not justify the cost.
If anything, I would leave animations for when the rest of the game is done, while writing the script for another game. A good opportunity to replay in a higher quality.

I do think music is worth the time though. The more of an emotional roller coaster a VN is, the more important music is. A lot of emotion can be conveyed without text or even impressive renders with just the right music.
Of course I am not asking you to create music. There are copyright free songs you can use for each scene.

Yep she did start a waifu war... The sister or the shy girl are the best

Reactions: Devil'sDad

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020

But who's going to replay the game just to get some animation on a few scenes? if you want animations you do it while making the game, or don't do them at all. Personally I like good animations, but I don't need them to enjoy the scene if the writing is good.

As for music, I know many people who play their VNs muted with their own music or sounds like me(even when the game has good music). So the worth for it is very dependent on the amount of people who play this game with sound on.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
But who's going to replay the game just to get some animation on a few scenes? if you want animations you do it while making the game, or don't do them at all. Personally I like good animations, but I don't need them to enjoy the scene if the writing is good.
Well if the novel is really good I do play them again. I have started some several times, with each update. Others I would like to enjoy from beginning to end when they are over. If they are really good.
But no, I don't need animations.
As for music, I know many people who play their VNs muted with their own music or sounds like me(even when the game has good music). So the worth for it is very dependent on the amount of people who play this game with sound on.
Well that really depends on the novel. Go play Avalon with no music and rock and roll on your own and play it again with the music the author chose. You will see it feels very different. Go play Fata Morgana without music. It can barely convey the powerful feelings it does when music is on. That is why I say the more of a emotional rollecoaster the more important music is. I do not know yet how important it can be for Murmur. But for any time devs waste on animation, I would prefer they spend it on music.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Well if the novel is really good I do play them again. I have started some several times, with each update. Others I would like to enjoy from beginning to end when they are over. If they are really good.
But no, I don't need animations.

Well that really depends on the novel. Go play Avalon with no music and rock and roll on your own and play it again with the music the author chose. You will see it feels very different. Go play Fata Morgana without music. It can barely convey the powerful feelings it does when music is on. That is why I say the more of a emotional rollecoaster the more important music is. I do not know yet how important it can be for Murmur. But for any time devs waste on animation, I would prefer they spend it on music.
I'm one of the muters. Sound isn't that important to me yet. My main thing is story, characters, looks after that then is sound animation etc. But ever single forumer has their own list of what's important to them. I hope the devs (all of them) bring their vision to life and it finds an audience.

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I will put my two cents. That might sound general, but oh well ^^"

I think that everything that works for the quality of the game is good.

And it's okay to like one thing or the other: different players - different tastes.
Games have different types of girls for that particular reason.

Now let me explain the above a little from my point of view.

Murmur, for me, is the quintessence of everything I love about adult visual novels. Novels that gave me feels had great music and romance writing, but less lewd content. On the other hand, games that had the best lewd content also wasn't they didn't focus on music or romance part. And I'm trying to melt everything I love from both worlds into one. For people who want romance - not to feel guilty for having sex with girls, and for people who want sex - to feel included in the process, and not just blindly fap on dolls. I know that it can sound like too much because my writing is not that good, for example, or my beloved novels were drawn, and I have 3d game. But hey, I'm trying! For the last part, that's why I want to have animations - to make lewd content juicier and hotter.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.50 star(s) 71 Votes