VN Others Completed My Beloved Childhood Friend Sleeps with Anyone [v1.0] [Atelier Sakura]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

LainHarth

Sep 23, 2018
That is so painfully true, and it gets worse when she rejects the childhood friend for the same reason, because they are like family or some shit, that is painful just from imagining it, i don't understand how there are guys that like NTR, where is the fun if you don't play too?
How is this even painfully? You are NOT the mc my god. :FacePalm:

Sep 28, 2018
Understand that NTR is not just cheating, but the feeling of seeing your loved one in someone else's hands.
Edited...
In this case, the feeling of the girl cheating on her boyfriend also fits.
No. ntr is literally cheating. It is short for "netorare" which when translated literally means "cuckold" so no, just because you 'feel' some way, does not inherently make it ntr. NTR relies on two solid factors:
1. There is an established relationship between two or more characters.
2. Atleast one of these characters, (Who MUST be in a legimitate relationship, not "oh I really liked xyz but I never had the balls to confess" but actual dating and/or marriage) is being stolen by others.
It has literally nothing to do with how you 'feel' and everything to do with the relationship dynamics and immortality of the infidelity. You wouldn't say that your high school crush was "cheating on you/stolen" if they were seeing another person and never viewed you in an significant manner would you?

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I don't really get the confusion here. Interesting discussion and all that, very informative, but if you peel back the nuances, peculiarities, minor details, and any other bullshit you want to use to complicate things, including ya feelings; if you look at it point blank period, NTR is either getting cucked, or cucking somebody else. Is your significant other fucking somebody else, or are you fucking somebody else's significant other. The end. Maintain that focus on significant other. That unrequited love/hidden crush shit don't count. At least that's how I see it.

But this doesn't even appear to be that. Like dude still gets the girl in most of the end/s and they live happily ever after? This is the sweetest NTR I've ever heard of. Downright heartwarming. Can't turn a hoe into a housewife? Apparently this MC can? Wholesome as fuck, put this shit on ABC after 12. Murica could use some love.

Reactions: Inkheepurr

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Lots of NTR "experts" in this thread who don't even understand the very basics of the tag. We go through this shit every fucking time guys lol.

They don't need to be a couple for it to be NTR. Mother, childhood friend, sister NTR is a thing. It's just a matter of framing the narrative and showing the bond that exists between them and how that gets broken.

The basic inability to grasp this stems from the western view of platonic relationships. Eastern cultures value true friendships and familial bonds far more than western cultures. These are in fact stronger bonds than romantic interests. Romance is often a fleeting thing while family and true friendship lasts forever (until they get NTRed lol).

capu2

May 15, 2018
To put this debate to rest about NTR

NTR is a Japanese concept with Japanese values set in stone.
It translates to "To be taken by sleeping".
A relationship is only in second place when it comes to NTR.
What matters most are "Feelings". I know it's cheesy but the Japanese values "Feelings".

Cheating on the other hand has a different concept in Japanese. It's called "Uwaki"

yepzuk

Aug 2, 2018
Don't you just hate it when your beloved childhood friend sleeps with anyone....:coffee::coffee:

Chris299

Mar 28, 2017
tags say NTR but from the description... is it really NTR? they arent a couple, just neighbors and childhood friends. the guy may have feelings for the girl but he never confessed and they arent dating. she's just a nympho and he's spying on her.
There is two definitions I often see, when someone you have is taken away from you and the other one when someone you WANT but never had is taken from you.
The second one is not one I would consider NTR but hell if I know.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
*Sigh*

You can be as specific and literal all you like. NTR, as a genre, is what it is.

So NTR literally means " "To be taken by sleeping"? Cool Why don't any of these attack on little sister, or whoever, while sleeping games market themselves as NTR? Because that's rape and they're marketed as rape. Not throwing stones here, just calling a spade a spade.

Again, NTR, as a genre, is understood as getting cucked. Green hatted. Whatever you want to call it, and the experience around that. Sure, feelings and "loss" are included. But you don't get those feelings or sense of loss/helplessness if your significant other is not what? Fucking somebody else. Or the inverse for those that like to cuck.

It is what it is.

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
That is so painfully true, and it gets worse when she rejects the childhood friend for the same reason, because they are like family or some shit, that is painful just from imagining it, i don't understand how there are guys that like NTR, where is the fun if you don't play too?
Honestly don't like NTR either but hey, to each their own. Some are into BDSM, others aren't. You do you, so long as it doesn't bother anyone. Tastes generally aren't really something that can be changed through debate.
I am gonna copy paste this once and be done with it. From the VNDB.

"This visual novel has scenes focused on Netorare (寝取られ). Netorare is more than a simple act of infidelity, but the fetishization of jealousy and other negative feelings commonly associated with it.

For a game to be classified as Netorare the following conditions must be met:

1. The protagonist's significant other, a very close friend, or in some cases, a close relative is stolen from him by someone seducing, coercing, blackmailing, outright raping them, or by using other techniques. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are literally stolen, but the negative feelings experienced by their significant other might make it seem so.

2. The one who loses their loved one almost always finds out about the situation and suffers from jealousy and the feeling of helplessness arisen from an inability to change anything. The one stealing the lover and/or the stolen loved one might rub it in by humiliating the loser in private or in public.

3. The trait does not apply if the character having sex with someone else does not have a close loving relationship with the protagonist, and if the protagonist does not experience jealousy and other negative feelings upon finding out about the act. In other words, the ties between the partners and their forcible separation is important to the netorare fetish. For example, an unrequited crush or a potential hero(ine) on a different route would not count for the purposes of this fetish.

4. The act of stealing must happen while the protagonist is in a relationship with the stolen significant other. Scenes of heroine's past relationships do not count as Netorare. "

Netorare isn't cheating, it isn't about relationships. In games it's about someone the MC or the player is interested in getting taken away or being seduced by others, bonus points if the act is shown.
According to #3 of the definition you quoted, your conclusion is completely wrong. The MC or player being interested in a girl that gets taken away does not qualify. As the quote says: "an unrequited crush or potential hero(ine) on a different route would not count".

As for this game, from what I read, MC doesn't even realise his own feelings until after the fact. And when they do get in a relationship, she stops her side activities. That is in no way, shape or form, NTR or cheating. It's a potential love story that turned south before it even began, with the girl coping with the rejection in a nympho way, before being salvaged by the end in the good ending. In the bad ending, it's some kind of voyeurism as she continues sleeping around from what I read? Or something like that.

capu2

May 15, 2018
Honestly don't like NTR either but hey, to each their own. Some are into BDSM, others aren't. You do you, so long as it doesn't bother anyone. Tastes generally aren't really something that can be changed through debate.

According to #3 of the definition you quoted, your conclusion is completely wrong. The MC or player being interested in a girl that gets taken away does not qualify. As the quote says: "an unrequited crush or potential hero(ine) on a different route would not count".

As for this game, from what I read, MC doesn't even realise his own feelings until after the fact. And when they do get in a relationship, she stops her side activities. That is in no way, shape or form, NTR or cheating. It's a potential love story that turned south before it even began, with the girl coping with the rejection in a nympho way, before being salvaged by the end in the good ending. In the bad ending, it's some kind of voyeurism as she continues sleeping around from what I read? Or something like that.

It does apply since they feel the same way about each other. MC is just too stubborn to admit it.

Zuka, the writer, subtlely stated it in the dialogues and dreams.

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
I LOVE U CAPU2 KUN >.< (as bestfiend, lol)

always great for having threads with capu2 in there...

• Haha
Reactions: capu2

Dave 237

May 29, 2018
If anyone wants to know the story but for some weird ass reason don't wanna play the game and also want to know about all the endings, there's guy on Sadpanda who did a write-up on the game last year under the Game CG uploads. Just letting you know, it's 10899 words long which is equivalent to a 20 page essay.
i remember trying to get on that site last yar for a few months never got in so i asked a friend to get it for me

Dec 23, 2019
So what I'm getting is that this is a reluctant NTR
If they both get a clean slate in the end anyway
or maybe a kind hearted one...unless there's a stinger

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes