Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
One thing the dev should be credited for is scenes like this. Where normally we would see a still image, they're animated. With slight "idle" animations. But still. It adds a lot of depth to the scene and shows some love. It's cool.
Agreed. There are a few games where the characters in the talking scenes will blink, I am often amazed at how much better that alone makes them look.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
i think they put dirty pool on hold because they couldnt reign in the storyline, with its exponential growth.
also, soul hopping is an interesting mechanic to get around the incest ban, but I think they'll shoot every story where family gets together, either in biology or mind.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
other than a single choice to "watch" near the end this is a kinetic novel...i was really hoping for a game :( so disappointed because it looks so damn good and the story is interesting...hohumm..
I mean, considering this is the first update, it might come a bit later. You probably also have to consider how many branches his first game had, it was already mentioned that it resembles Shadow over Manston in this and that dev has also started a new game, keeping it a lot simpler now.

Might just be that Pirot King is aiming for the same here, by adding fewer choices.

I mean, it's not like the guy can't write. Dirty Pool had some nice humour and some good writing, especially considering he's obviously not a native English-speaker.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Devs in general can write ... gibberish filler mostly and go on to the renders and the scenes that are the real head ache. Recently some nit pickers around the forum had some problems with the filler gibberish with some obscure matian invasion game and even phili. Phili for crying out loud was called out for some piece of reporter filler bureaucracy nonsense and asked to adjust the obvious bogus report from the game to meet some players' criteria.

Gibberish and obvious filler in games are obvious ... dev has yet to actually clean his pool and straighten that story up for a real conclusion to the game ... which dev did not and so that pool stays dirty and unconscionable to this day. We are here for the game. Books and e-books are all over.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
The first render of the Game looks incredible. It almost looks like its 3D. But good writing and a good story always wins vs fancy renders.

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
It has 3DCG tag and ANIMATED tags in the Original Post => I.T , I.S . 3D (generated art) ;)!!

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Devs in general can write ... gibberish filler mostly and go on to the renders and the scenes that are the real head ache. Recently some nit pickers around the forum had some problems with the filler gibberish with some obscure matian invasion game and even phili. Phili for crying out loud was called out for some piece of reporter filler bureaucracy nonsense and asked to adjust the obvious bogus report from the game to meet some players' criteria.

Gibberish and obvious filler in games are obvious ... dev has yet to actually clean his pool and straighten that story up for a real conclusion to the game ... which dev did not and so that pool stays dirty and unconscionable to this day. We are here for the game. Books and e-books are all over.
Canto Forte Dude (or dudette?) you facepalm my message about being skeptic about this dev's work after his lacking work on Dirty Pool and then you yourself are criticizing him for the exact same thing?!? You make no sense to me or at the very least have a very differing interpretation of what a facepalm actually means.
Because to me, a facepalm emote as a reply usually means someone said something brash or stupid. And you use it all the time as others have noted as well.
So what is it? Are we both stupid and brash or are you just judgemental without any shred of self reflection? And I would love to hear how you view the interpretation of a facepalm emote.

Also: just for you:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I did state the fact that we are here to Game! So game ON!!!
Then I illustrated even great devs use filler gibberish to fill the narrative with meme / pun material!
In the end, the critique is solely on the writing which, in a game, precisely because it is a dirty pool shenanigans, does not matter. there should be no skepticism after rob gave his seal of approval on |Gaming with the dames, the art and illustrations are top notch, gals blink at you, so there is no point in any skepticism about Gaming. Story wise, just hit the logs and read your heart out.
We are a Gaming Community! We go for Gaming above all.
Also .. any emoticon is supposed to be a quick snarky appreciation with no words. facepalm is the only one that is free, it does not matter to the count of google or facebook or any other like monger conglomerate. It also is the most complex, it could be either Evrika! or Dang! or Shush! or L

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
The asian sisters are pretty hot...maybe I missed the explaination but they're half siblings at most, right?

Don't get me wrong, I think this concept has good potential and the animation is really nice. I just like the harder edge of Dirty Pool better. Hope he goes back to it.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Splendid start! The issues with translation were slight, though the last dream sequence was a little on the confusing side as to which twin it was. Can't wait for more.

Reactions: Teflonmike
3.80 star(s) 108 Votes