phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
This is just to point out that "mtt" is only used in gallery.rpy and not defined anywhere else on the Linux version I downloaded from the front page the other day. Note that I unpacked your rpa archives and then decompiled all of the bytecode.

Code:
Mybestfriendsdaughter-11.32-linux/game $ find . -name "*.rpy" -exec grep -iH "mtt" {} \;
./gallery.rpy:                                action SetVariable("galleryVersion", version), SetVariable("cg_page_GM", 0), SetVariable("cg_page", 0), mtt.Action(Text("")), SetField(mtt, 'redraw', False), Show("cg_gallery"), Hide("GalleryMenu")
./gallery.rpy:                                hovered [SetField(mtt, 'redraw', True), mtt.Action(Text(hint))]
./gallery.rpy:                                unhovered SetField(mtt, 'redraw', False)
./gallery.rpy:    use mtt_screen
./gallery.rpy:    $ mtt.Action(Text(""))
./gallery.rpy:                                    add g_cg.make_button(name = gal_item_first + " button", unlocked = im.Scale(ImageReference(gal_item_first), thumbnail_x, thumbnail_y), locked = im.Blur(im.Scale(ImageReference(gal_item_first), thumbnail_x, thumbnail_y), 10.0),  idle_border=None, background=None, bottom_margin=0, xalign=0.5, yalign=0.5, hovered=[SetField(mtt, 'redraw', True), mtt.Action(Text(hint))], unhovered=SetField(mtt, 'redraw', False))
./gallery.rpy:                                        hovered [SetField(mtt, 'redraw', True), mtt.Action(Text(hint))]
./gallery.rpy:                                        unhovered SetField(mtt, 'redraw', False)
./gallery.rpy:    use mtt_screen
./gallery.rpy:screen mtt_screen():
./gallery.rpy:    add mtt

Mybestfriendsdaughter-11.32-linux/game $ find . -name "*mtt*"
Mybestfriendsdaughter-11.32-linux/game $
I'm guessing mtt would have been some sort of button that would have popped up the gallery screen, but you somehow left out defining an image for it.

I'll look at it - did you use 'Skip to another episode' ?

Esens424

Jun 4, 2017
I'll look at it - did you use 'Skip to another episode' ?
I get the same error any time I try to open the gallery by clicking Julia in the bottom left corner.. Game plays fine in every other way.. tried even starting over from scratch but still every time I try to click on her -- exception with mtt not being defined.

I did use the skip episode feature, but only AFTER I received this error in episode 2 to jump to episode 3 thinking that might fix the problem, as in a previous version of the game it did it to me one time where the gallery would not work on one specific episode..

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
I knew there was a reason I stopped playing this game. Just spent three hours trying to find events 59-65 in episode 8 with no luck. I've cum in her mouth and she swallows, and on her face. Everything else just repeats itself. Wake up/Sleep more, Beach, Boardwalk, House left, Bathroom... ad nauseum. The walkthrough from the Discord channel doesn't help either.

Auto Me, thinking - Wake up Event 59
Julia, thinking - Yes
10:00 Beach Event 60
11:00 Boardwalk Event 61
12:00 House left Event 62
Julia, thinking - Yes
13:00 Bathroom Event 63
Me, thinking - Yes
Me, thinking - Why not
Julia, thinking - Visit him...

This did nothing.

This grind is crap.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
If you know how to enable the console just look at my posts in the recent previous pages about what I did to skate my way through episodes 3 and 4. I would have gone further, but still got bored even when I didn't have to self-flagellate.

Somebody could easily convert this away from a sandbox to a serial VN with just an alternate script.rpy. If I ever get motivated enough, I might even do it myself.

I knew there was a reason I stopped playing this game. Just spent three hours trying to find events 59-65 in episode 8 with no luck. I've cum in her mouth and she swallows, and on her face. Everything else just repeats itself. Wake up/Sleep more, Beach, Boardwalk, House left, Bathroom... ad nauseum. The walkthrough from the Discord channel doesn't help either.

Auto Me, thinking - Wake up Event 59
Julia, thinking - Yes
10:00 Beach Event 60
11:00 Boardwalk Event 61
12:00 House left Event 62
Julia, thinking - Yes
13:00 Bathroom Event 63
Me, thinking - Yes
Me, thinking - Why not
Julia, thinking - Visit him...

This did nothing.

This grind is crap.

PowerFlower

Jul 1, 2017
Here is a quick fix for the broken gallery/hints menu. Just copy the file to the "game/" directory.
Thanks, but wouldn't this completely override the existing options file in scripts.rpa?
It might be better to just name it gallery_fix.rpy.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
While that works, you could have been a little less abrupt about the method. There is already an options.rpy out in the filesystem that you would have had the user stomp on if they had unpacked the rpa archives. That would have also stomped on the decompiled source and/or destroyed the code in the existing bytecode file if those were out there. Next time you might want to try putting it in something that doesn't cause a name collision, like maybe "gallery_fuckup_fix.rpy".

Anyways... I'm attaching my decompiled options.rpy source with your two line fix at the bottom.

Here is a quick fix for the broken gallery/hints menu. Just copy the file to the "game/" directory.

PowerFlower

Jul 1, 2017
While that works, you could have been a little less abrupt about the method. There is already an options.rpy out in the filesystem that you would have had the user stomp on if they had unpacked the rpa archives. That would have also stomped on the decompiled source and/or destroyed the code in the existing bytecode file if those were out there. Next time you might want to try putting it in something that doesn't cause a name collision, like maybe "gallery_fuckup_fix.rpy".

Anyways... I'm attaching my decompiled options.rpy source with your two line fix at the bottom.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

:)

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I take it you never did well trying to use a Reverse Polish notation calculator in Math.

A: Because the top post is right there in front of the user as the latest response.
Q: Why put your answer at the bottom of what may be a shitload of responses that needs to be scrolled through?

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

:)

PowerFlower

Jul 1, 2017
I take it you never did well trying to use a Reverse Polish notation calculator in Math.
I don't even know what that is.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I just thought I'd make you aware. I find it makes your posts harder follow, but if you're doing on purpose then more power to you.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Look up HP calculators such as the HP35 that first appeared in the late 70's. They are based on RPN and are still around today. Folk who do computer science and programming are intimately familiar with the concept of a stack. When you do a push, the last thing is on top and is the first thing out when you do a pop. People who do inventory management are also well familiar with a LIFO (last in first out) inventory system.

I don't know about you, but I've been on threads in discussion groups and email lists that have gone on for years. Stuff can tend to pile up. Let it get out of hand by allowing the software to put your reply at the end, and you may end up having to scroll down through pages and pages before getting to the latest activity. Now do that again repeated times in lets say the inbox for an email list where each users message includes all of that junk that needs to be waded through each time. You will quickly adjust to putting the latest stuff on top where it is immediately visible as soon as you open the message.

I don't even know what that is.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I just thought I'd make you aware. I find it makes your posts harder follow, but if you're doing on purpose then more power to you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nordic Succubus

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I don't see any problems - it will shift to next episode when you either skip to next day or play to the end of the day. This is tested on Windows

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Just for your information - a new version will be available soon.
Changelog:
In some cases there is an error in the gallery - this is now solved
Episode 8 couldn't be completed if you used 'Skip to another episode' - that is fixed
Some errors are fixed too if you 'Skip to another episode' - episode 2
Some other minor bug fixes

Reactions: Subyan and turkish3
2.50 star(s) 92 Votes