"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
There is no v13.3, the newest version is v13.03! Look at the filenames of the original version, there it also says v13.03! Whoever updated the thread/op made a mistake.

Are the errors only in the compressed version or also in the original version? The problem is that the developer not only adds new content, but also revises old content, which makes it difficult to update the compressed version. I will recompress the game from scratch, but it will take a while!

Have you also the newest 13.3 version?
Why did you compress this version, there are too many walkthrough errors. Episode 13 guide doesn't show the hints and you miss 4 bookmarks. This should have been v13.3 not v13.03
The timed walkthrough actually made it easier to play as know what the correct time they happen. If you were using the compressed version then you would have had some minor problems, that version is bugged and cannot be completed fully.

Reactions: capitanqueso

voe

Aug 5, 2016
Same here. Worked out most scenes but am stuck with 48/51 now.

I managed to complete it with the compressed version. The last scenes missing for me was in the morning, choose to wake up, go shower. You'll have to do it 4-5 times to get all the bookmarks. The walkthrough available in the top left settings only tells you where you have to be, but it doesn't tell you the choices.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Howabout not needing to follow a walkthrough if there is no choices to be selected? What would be wrong to just make it a VN and take you from one scene to the next instead of making it a guessing game about what to do next and when?
I mean, the game HAS a sandbox tag and does NOT have a VN tag. You ignoring those things isn't on the Dev.

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
Howabout not needing to follow a walkthrough if there is no choices to be selected? What would be wrong to just make it a VN and take you from one scene to the next instead of making it a guessing game about what to do next and when?

Let's remember that this dev will punish you one moment to hug a girl but will reward you with a HC scene if you peek on a girl naked and get caught because hugging a girl to soon makes you perv but walking in on a girl makes her smitten with you.
That's the kind of logic of the dev as seen in RFR.

Howabout not forcing the player to read a step by step, scene by scene, click by click, walkthrough if it means not doing so will stop the progress the player can make unless he clicks random things in random order and perhaps maybe eventually happen to stumble on something that does take him a little bit further afterwhich he has to do that all over again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.....yeah what a game, let's give it 6 out of 5 stars because it's clearly a game written by a genius. *smh*

And it has the same problem then RFR that seeing that the progress is dependant on being in a certain room at a certain time doing a certain thing (none of which follows natural from the story or dialogs). Just look at all the people that bothered posting about getting stuck because even with the in game 'walkthrough' (sorry, I meant walkthorugh as the dev spells it because nothing says an eye for detail like a typo that goes unnoticed for 13 chapters) mechanics people still get stuck because they didn't do something in the right sequence that the dev wanted them to but couldn't be arsed to actual communicate.

In other words, one has to break the flow of the game to go to a sub sub menu to read all kinds of 'hints' to then get back to the actual game and then guess how to get the sequence started and hope you remember all the steps needed so as to not break the game.

Ohh the fun to be had.... not.

Btw, enjoy washing dishes, me thinks the dev has a dish washing fetish.
Best review of this game ever. Totally agree. The renders pull you into the game but the gameplay itself drives you away. If this was made into a VN there would be like 95% less complaints and the game would be much more popular. Might even have more paid supporters.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I cannot quit the game. When I choose to do so, I am asked if I am sure that I want to quit. Then it doesn't matter if I choose "yes" or "no" - in both cases nothing happens. That also applies for closing the window by the white x on read on the top right and even for using the same function by the task bar. I need to use the task manager by killing the whole process.
Am I the only one with this problem? Happens only with this new update and has never happened before - as far as I remember not even with a different program. Strange. :unsure:

Emma Nuelle

Jan 12, 2020
This is the first episode where I regurlay need to check the history, to check missed text. (n)

Please return the previous game play/walkthrough....

But I see that I'm not the first complaining.

End when is it possible to have a trio.
Enough girl duo action....

Last edited:
Reactions: Hermit76

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
OK, so I just tried this game for the first time and it seems way more complicated than I thought. My first attempt led to me sleeping on the couch and the game telling me I must have made the wrong choices.

There are so many choices and apparently you need to swap back and forth between characters to make the right ones. This game seriously needs a Walkthrough MOD. I looked at the chapter walkthoughs and I don't want to have to swap back and forth between the game and the text file to see what to do constantly. Especially since I like to play in Fullscreen mode. [although i guess i could print it out if i really wanted to.]

Is there at least a way to cheat? Like set shyness to 0 and Love and Lust to MAX, or do all the decisions still matter regardless of the stats?

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
It really pisses me off the gallery doesn't include the animations, just the still images
Even though "pisses me off" is in my opinion a bit too harsh for playing a public version, I have to say it is even worse - there is definitely something broken with the gallery. I completed chapter 13 successfully with all events, but 9 of the scenes are still blocked in the gallery. :(

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
Gentlemen, this happens (happened) every time I try to open the gallery (the small pictogram bottom left corner of the screen - while surveying the map). Is this still an issue with the game or is just my installation messed up? I have to say every version of the game I tried playing so far, has the same error.
Has any of you any bit of info on the matter? Thank you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

capitanqueso

Jul 6, 2019
Gentlemen, this happens (happened) every time I try to open the gallery (the small pictogram bottom left corner of the screen - while surveying the map). Is this still an issue with the game or is just my installation messed up? I have to say every version of the game I tried playing so far, has the same error.
Has any of you any bit of info on the matter? Thank you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's just you, maybe your persistent file got screwed up or maybe one of the saves, the variable "galleryVersion" is declared in the file gallery.rpy, try to start a new game from the start or use a savegame in the OP (Opening Post), and if it doesn't work try deleting your persistent file in the folder "C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\My best friends daughter" and also the one in "[YourGamePath]\Mybestfriendsdaughter-13.03-win\game\saves" and of course start a new game after or download the persistent file of the OP

Reactions: J_M

capitanqueso

Jul 6, 2019
I recommend to wait until this version gets a fix, there are a couple of events that are buggy, ep13_8 and ep13_9, seems like they are suppossed to happen before the girls leave the island but the girls will leave anyway even if you missed those events, the story of my life, lol, besides, the hints are empty, I'm not sure if the dev forgot to fill the texts of the hints or were lost before being compiled, truth is there aren't any hints for version 13, yet

Reactions: mdmnsjs1 and J_M
2.50 star(s) 92 Votes