J_M

Oct 8, 2017
Thank you very much for the ample and helpful reply. Much appreciated. Indeed I downloaded a save file posted by the developer and with that I was able to finally see what is this gallery is about.

Reactions: capitanqueso

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
I recommend to wait until this version gets a fix, there are a couple of events that are buggy, ep13_8 and ep13_9, seems like they are suppossed to happen before the girls leave the island but the girls will leave anyway even if you missed those events, the story of my life, lol, besides, the hints are empty, I'm not sure if the dev forgot to fill the texts of the hints or were lost before being compiled, truth is there aren't any hints for version 13, yet
Well, to me it looks like they simply shifted the hints:

Try the upper left gears, you will find the "walkthrough menu" that leads to the hits of the respective episode...

• Thinking Face

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
I can` tell if the free version is different from the patreon one. So i don`t know how it looks for you, if you don`t see/have the menu yet, you can only wait till it is implemented in the free version.

drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
Even though "pisses me off" is in my opinion a bit too harsh for playing a public version, I have to say it is even worse - there is definitely something broken with the gallery. I completed chapter 13 successfully with all events, but 9 of the scenes are still blocked in the gallery. :(
I have all the scenes unlocked in mine. And the reason it pisses me off is the dev put all this work into making nice animations, but you can only view them once per playthrough.

Velitus

Sep 7, 2018
Well, to me it looks like they simply shifted the hints:

Try the upper left gears, you will find the "walkthrough menu" that leads to the hits of the respective episode...

That just takes me to a screen with a bunch of greyed out links for Episodes 2+. No hints whatsoever for Episode 1 anywhere.

JoeBeans

Jan 9, 2018
Even though "pisses me off" is in my opinion a bit too harsh for playing a public version, I have to say it is even worse - there is definitely something broken with the gallery. I completed chapter 13 successfully with all events, but 9 of the scenes are still blocked in the gallery. :(
Hah, my gallery shows 3 missing, my walkthrough shows 4 missing and the little counter on the game screen tells me I'm missing 5 scenes..... go figure

yys7788

Mar 31, 2019
I restarted the game on 13.03 and got stuck on EP3-Day 12 and 13. Following the walkthrough, the current progress is stuck at 42/63 on Day 12 or 45/63 on Day 13.

3N48L3D

Oct 14, 2021
I just started playing the game the other day and am up to ep4 46/48. I had not tried the gallery icon until just a few minutes ago and I get "An exception has occurred" message. I've did a search, but did not see a solution. What am I missing? Additionally, I am using no mods.

Last edited:

DNS01W

Mar 19, 2020
I mean, the game HAS a sandbox tag and does NOT have a VN tag. You ignoring those things isn't on the Dev.
I thought that a sandbox game means that you can go to different places and different times to achieve different goals that are not interdependant on having done particular events on particular times in a particular order.

Here's a definition by Merriam-Webster : a video game or part of a video game in which the player is not constrained to achieving specific goals and has a large degree of freedom to explore, interact with, or modify the game environment

Here's one by Wikipedia : sandbox games are based on the ability of giving the player tools for creative freedom within the game to approach objectives

Does this 'game' give you any kind of freedom? NO.
Does this 'game' let you approach objectives in different ways? NO.
Does this 'game' follow a single strict predetermined path set out by the dev? YES.

How exactly isn't this a linear game? This is not a sandbox game. It's a VN cut in zillion pieces that even with the 'walkthorugh' (to use the spelling by the dev) still depends on you doing a certain thing at a certain time at a certain place to get a certain outcome so as to progress the story in a certain way.

There are zero choices that I have seen that make the story branch. A 'wrong' choice doesn't close a particular branch, it only delays the progress you make or not make. And if you haven't made enough progress then you can't continue to the next chapter nor can you do anything that you haven't done before. The only freedom you have is doing the right thing at the right time at the right place (whatever that is according to the DEV) or ......not.

So please, tell me, why does anyone think this is a sandbox game?

Let's sum up the things that people claim about this 'game' :

1/ Great story.
ROFL, if you think that I guess you think 'Green eggs and ham' is Nobel price of literature level writing.

2/ Great animation.
Except for the one animation at the title screen there's not one single halfway decent animation.
The so called animations in game means a few renders to display that an action is taking place. Not even with a loop, just a sequential handful of renders.

3/ Great renders.
Really ? REALLY ?!
It either is brightly light with no descernable shadows in 90% of the cases or if there are shadows then it's only shadows from furniture but not the characters or vice versa (e.g. look at the 3 renders when the MC is in the kitchen contemplating if he's going to do the dishes again, there's some reflections but no shadows, and by the way the reflections of the MC in the tiles just don't make sense)

Or they are nighttime shots which means less brightly light but strangely enough with about the same amount of shadows. After all, sunlight produces the same kind of shadows no matter if it's direct sunlight at noon or the reflection of sunlight on the moon at night.

Look at the renders of when the MC has sex with her on the beach during the day and when doing it at night. So please don't start going on about how great this Dev and his renders are.

4/People not liking it just hate slow burn.
I love slow burn, building up tension, seeing well fleshed out characters grow, the story unfold, ...
There are games with great renders but that have your MC have sex after 2 minutes in the game and every other scene is HC. Really not my thing.

All this one does is make you click like a maniac without any rhyme or reason. The so called built in walkthorugh just means that you can choose if you want to wear out your mouse on random clicking or clicking to get to the pertinent section of the walkthorugh to see where you messed up because it didn't trigger the event it was supposed to.

5/The models !
There's that one shot of the 3 girls standing side by side in a very simimiar pose (Happy hour). Look at them. The differences between them are hairdo , complexion and public hair. Heck even small differences of breast size corrolate to small differences in areola sizes. In other words, the Dev scaled the breasts with a factor of x1.2 or so for each subsequent girl. Small breasts don't have to mean small areola nor do big breasts automatically have big ones.
Did you notice the difference in eyecolor, eyebrows, facial features? No? Neither can I. In fact all the female characters could be sisters and it would make more sense.

• Love
Reactions: Fatneck

camoway

May 15, 2017
That might be true for the first game...but not in this one. Feel like you haven't played it lol. The dude has a a scene by scene guide on how to unlock literally every scene in the game for each chapter. Is it REALLY that complicated to go to x point at x time of the day?
I have a thing for the art It really is top notch. Playing this in just the perfect way the dev wants you to play it. Look I can't play it with dick in hand and a mouse. That's the core issue.
I don't want too loose all chance and miss a sceen that can not be fixed unless I start a new game. Simple you can not play this game DIH. It is not DIH friendly.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I thought that a sandbox game means that you can go to different places and different times to achieve different goals that are not interdependant on having done particular events on particular times in a particular order.

Here's a definition by Merriam-Webster : a video game or part of a video game in which the player is not constrained to achieving specific goals and has a large degree of freedom to explore, interact with, or modify the game environment

Here's one by Wikipedia : sandbox games are based on the ability of giving the player tools for creative freedom within the game to approach objectives
The tag as defined by f95 is just simplly " Sandbox [For Free-Roam type of games.] "

This is a free roam game and falls under it here.

milesld

May 26, 2020
I like to have more control over the flow, so the the following "mod" was helpful:

Python:
init 969 python:
    def rfr_pause(pdelay = 1.0, hard = False):
        renpy.pause ()

(Put it in a .rpy file, and put that file somewhere in the "game" directory.)

DNS01W

Mar 19, 2020
The tag as defined by f95 is just simplly " Sandbox [For Free-Roam type of games.] "

This is a free roam game and falls under it here.
And what exactly is free roam about this 'game' ?
All I see is the choice to go to the right place to do the right thing at the right time... or not. In most places at most times of the day you can't do anything, or anything that you haven't done umpteen times before without any noticeable progress being made.

By that measure the following games are far superior 'sandbox' games even although they don't have that tag :

Bad Bobby Sage,
Witch Trainer Silver
Ravager
to name just a few + most of the RPGM games

*shrug*
You like it. Good for you.
A lot of people have tried to like it before, including me, and found it very wanting with no redeeming elements.
As the saying goes, there's no accounting for taste.

Reactions: ArgothNephial

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
And what exactly is free roam about this 'game' ?
All I see is the choice to go to the right place to do the right thing at the right time... or not. In most places at most times of the day you can't do anything, or anything that you haven't done umpteen times before without any noticeable progress being made.

By that measure the following games are far superior 'sandbox' games even although they don't have that tag :

Bad Bobby Sage,
Witch Trainer Silver
Ravager
to name just a few + most of the RPGM games

*shrug*
You like it. Good for you.
A lot of people have tried to like it before, including me, and found it very wanting with no redeeming elements.
As the saying goes, there's no accounting for taste.
I agree that "sandbox" is very much a misnomer on F95. Even with games like Witch Trainer Silver, which I very much enjoy, the progress is pretty much linear. Most of your "choices" just give you repeated scenes, with only very specific choices giving progress.

As for this game having "no redeeming elements": the art, at the very least, should score some positive points, regardless how you feel about the rest. :)

2.50 star(s) 92 Votes