Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
Personally, I'm absolutely thrilled with the game. There are absolutely no problems unlocking everything even without hints. I always play without hints, it is much less fun with hints. Bob has now added a gallery of clues and help out to people who get stuck. That's why I can't understand how you can still have problems now ???

Arzavall

Nov 15, 2018
Ciao, sono nell'episodio2 e sono bloccato.
Ho 70/74 segnalibri e ho solo la stessa azione. I segnalibri non hanno progressi e la ragazza indica lo stesso.
Sono nel 72 giorno.
Qualsiasi aiuto? XD

Last edited:

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
Personally, I'm absolutely thrilled with the game. There are absolutely no problems unlocking everything even without hints. I always play without hints, it is much less fun with hints. Bob has now added a gallery of clues and help out to people who get stuck. That's why I can't understand how you can still have problems now ???
Bob's hint system for Ep4 is probably one of the best one out there, especially for those time specific events and sneaky ones. But it still wasn't 100% accurate. The last bookmark resolved but I didn't get the full score. This bookmark had to be repeated with the other options to finish.

rinjing

Apr 21, 2017
Bob's hint system for Ep4 is probably one of the best one out there, especially for those time specific events and sneaky ones. But it still wasn't 100% accurate. The last bookmark resolved but I didn't get the full score. This bookmark had to be repeated with the other options to finish.
Agree the system not 100% accurate...yet.. Fine tuning is in progress..... If got problem then lets get mad at Lukumo hehe

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I know there are room for improvements. Just to let you know - it's constantly in progress

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This is a good VN. The girls are all hot and while it is a sandbox the setting is small enough to not make it a chore to find an event that needs doing.
That being said I do have an issue with Julia seeming to have a lot of leg hair. Maybe because I'm an American I find this less than attractive, but IMO it detracts from and otherwise sexy character.
Every time you turn around Julia is in life in often mortal danger. How did she ever survive this long? Seems like she should have been killed crossing the street years ago.
Finally will there be a lesbian threeway? A scenario wherein maybe the MC has to go off to the mainland with Millie to respond to an urgent phone call leaving the girls alone. The rest of the update could be Ida and Maria working to get her into bed. Since Ida has already expressed concern over Maria's lust for Julia she may want to be there to keep an eye on how close her girlfriend Maria and Julia get so that can then lead to a threeway.
Overall good game, like the hints option.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
This is a good VN. The girls are all hot and while it is a sandbox the setting is small enough to not make it a chore to find an event that needs doing.
That being said I do have an issue with Julia seeming to have a lot of leg hair. Maybe because I'm an American I find this less than attractive, but IMO it detracts from and otherwise sexy character.
Every time you turn around Julia is in life in often mortal danger. How did she ever survive this long? Seems like she should have been killed crossing the street years ago.
Finally will there be a lesbian threeway? A scenario wherein maybe the MC has to go off to the mainland with Millie to respond to an urgent phone call leaving the girls alone. The rest of the update could be Ida and Maria working to get her into bed. Since Ida has already expressed concern over Maria's lust for Julia she may want to be there to keep an eye on how close her girlfriend Maria and Julia get so that can then lead to a threeway.
Overall good game, like the hints option.
Thanks
Hairy legs - yes - you'll see that it will slowly disappear. The reason why I added it - was simply that I try to make the girls as human as possible - maybe too much :)
If you have played my previous game - Room for rent - you'll know that nothing is as it seems to be :) Maybe that's the reason why she survive all the time :) (No more hints) :)
Threesome - I guess you haven't played Room for rent - of course there will be a 3 or 4 some.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I started to play Room for Rent, but I lost much of my AppData (PC fuck up) and lost most of my game saves so I never finished it.
Honestly it was just too much to go thru again. I like slow burn games but the grinding became monotonous.

I do like the Millie magazine photos. Seems like every girl the MC meets is angling to be a model. LOL
Would be interesting if Julia finds the magazine, could open a path toward her and Millie sex.

On a renpy note how do you code for closing a path if a character makes a choice shut off choice? I get a jump statement but how do you keep that option out of the game besides having to write two separate game codes?

Reactions: Celaviegroup

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I started to play Room for Rent, but I lost much of my AppData (PC fuck up) and lost most of my game saves so I never finished it.
Honestly it was just too much to go thru again. I like slow burn games but the grinding became monotonous.

I do like the Millie magazine photos. Seems like every girl the MC meets is angling to be a model. LOL
Would be interesting if Julia finds the magazine, could open a path toward her and Millie sex.

On a renpy note how do you code for closing a path if a character makes a choice shut off choice? I get a jump statement but how do you keep that option out of the game besides having to write two separate game codes?
Almost impossible and makes me lot of headache :) The best way to do it - is to avoid closing path when you make choices. The disadvantage is grind as the player has to come back - over and over again until he makes the right choice.
RfR had grind - some players will say too much grind :) My games are constantly under development and I do my best to improve them every month.

Reactions: Burg and RustyV

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
The game is easy to end even without any hints. I've never had problems with a bookmark. In my opinion, you shouldn't use the gallery until after you've completed the update (to see our favorite scenes again) and never while you're playing. Because the fun falls by the wayside. You can only really enjoy it without any hints or WT.

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
Don`t want to make it sound like a complain but i hope MbFD won`t get any more easy.
The fly system is a good way/compensation to bring some sort of challenge back. I only wished you could not roll back....

RfR had it`s own challenging thrill with the "puzzle system" it felt kinda unique to me.
I love when you start figure out routines in games, like the old going to breakfast routine, you feel like you have found your way into the game.
It is hard to explain for me, but the thrill finding such things in a hard game is way more rewarding then when you can complete each new update within 20min.
without any form of struggle, i love struggle and i love good grind.

Btw. each and every good game has it`s form of grind, you don`t complain about not finishing Tetris within 20min. don`t you or?!

Please don`t think of grind as something bad, a bad form of grind is only there when you don`t understand the game,
if you are able to understand a game you have conquered the game and the grind within.

Taking away the "grind" is the real shame, at least into my eyes.

For me RfR never had bad grind. I kinda miss it not only a bit tbh.
But ya might be in the minority here.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
It seems some people have fallen prey to "it didn't happen to me therefore it doesn't happen." Replying here to multiple people who've said "there's no grind, everything is straightforward, can't imagine how anyone could get stuck."

People do get stuck sometimes. Could be just bad luck, didn't make exactly the right choices because it's not always clear what to do. I don't think it's about "understanding the game."

Playing the same scenes/day multiple times with no progression is ultimately not fun. This is where a hint is useful. The fun comes back because now you can move on and continue to play without hints until next time you get stuck.

I didn't get stuck until bookmark 54 in chapter 2, so would not have checked hints until then.

There's a difference between grind in a VN style game and something like Tetris. In Tetris the point is repetition, with progressive difficulty until inevitably you lose. It's about seeing how far you can get before game over, each time trying to push a little further. It's also all action.

If you got stuck on a Tetris level and it never progressed in difficulty, or the blocks just kept coming in the same order until you figured out what you'd missed to get them to change again, the fun might evaporate. Or not. Maybe you like doing exactly the same thing over and over.

I think the addition of the gallery hints system (which I hope eventually makes it into the earlier parts of the game) is a good choice as it allows those who want the game to stay as is, as well as those who occasionally would like a small clue, to be happy playing what, underneath it all, is a fun game with some of the hottest girls in any I've played.

So how about when people get stuck we choose one of the following: offer them assistance, or let them use the gallery hints without criticism?

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
To touch on one more point:

"each and every good game has its form of grind"

This has not been my experience. I've played good games which have some level of grind. But many of the best ones I've played have little, or none. That doesn't make them kinetic novels, or boringly simple. They still involve a lot of choices, choice that matter, and which determine your game experience.

I want to be clear: I think this is a good game. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. I'd quietly move on and forget it. But it's not the only way to make a game, or to have some level of complexity.

Reactions: Burg

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
My Point was, you get better by practice, experience, you basically raise your APM until you are able to move on, that is the good grind in Tetris^^

If that`s not your kind of motivation, ofc. you don`t come very far.

So in RfR figuring the routine and puzzle mechanics out was VERY motivating for me. It was the unique selling point for me, the good grind.

I could play 10 different Ecchi Games from this Side, but RfR triggered my motivation the most by solving those puzzle pieces,
to overcome the struggle that alone is a very rare quality for me and worth spending time.

Anyways we are all different, duh^^ what i like don`t have to be your flavor and reverse.
So if i criticize the game difficulty, please don`t feel offended, that`s just my opinion and clearly nothing personal...
That much must be allowed to say.

Cheers!

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Don`t want to make it sound like a complain but i hope MbFD won`t get any more easy.
The fly system is a good way/compensation to bring some sort of challenge back. I only wished you could not roll back....

RfR had it`s own challenging thrill with the "puzzle system" it felt kinda unique to me.
I love when you start figure out routines in games, like the old going to breakfast routine, you feel like you have found your way into the game.
It is hard to explain for me, but the thrill finding such things in a hard game is way more rewarding then when you can complete each new update within 20min.
without any form of struggle, i love struggle and i love good grind.

Btw. each and every good game has it`s form of grind, you don`t complain about not finishing Tetris within 20min. don`t you or?!

Please don`t think of grind as something bad, a bad form of grind is only there when you don`t understand the game,
if you are able to understand a game you have conquered the game and the grind within.

Taking away the "grind" is the real shame, at least into my eyes.

For me RfR never had bad grind. I kinda miss it not only a bit tbh.
But ya might be in the minority here.
Thanks a lot
It will always be a balance - some players want the game as you do (me too). Other players prefer it easier. With the new gallery system I'll be able to make it slightly more difficult as you can always go back to the hint system if you can't figure out how to proceed.

2.50 star(s) 92 Votes