Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
It seems some people have fallen prey to "it didn't happen to me therefore it doesn't happen." Replying here to multiple people who've said "there's no grind, everything is straightforward, can't imagine how anyone could get stuck."

People do get stuck sometimes. Could be just bad luck, didn't make exactly the right choices because it's not always clear what to do. I don't think it's about "understanding the game."

Playing the same scenes/day multiple times with no progression is ultimately not fun. This is where a hint is useful. The fun comes back because now you can move on and continue to play without hints until next time you get stuck.

I didn't get stuck until bookmark 54 in chapter 2, so would not have checked hints until then.

There's a difference between grind in a VN style game and something like Tetris. In Tetris the point is repetition, with progressive difficulty until inevitably you lose. It's about seeing how far you can get before game over, each time trying to push a little further. It's also all action.

If you got stuck on a Tetris level and it never progressed in difficulty, or the blocks just kept coming in the same order until you figured out what you'd missed to get them to change again, the fun might evaporate. Or not. Maybe you like doing exactly the same thing over and over.

I think the addition of the gallery hints system (which I hope eventually makes it into the earlier parts of the game) is a good choice as it allows those who want the game to stay as is, as well as those who occasionally would like a small clue, to be happy playing what, underneath it all, is a fun game with some of the hottest girls in any I've played.

So how about when people get stuck we choose one of the following: offer them assistance, or let them use the gallery hints without criticism?
That's exactly my intension with the gallery hint system. Gallery/hit for episode 2 and 3 will be available when I make public release of episode 4.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
5 episode released, we need a hero )
OH No not this again............. How short the memories are.... Why not just wait a little while so the bugs in a new ver gets worked out and the Bata people have worked on a new ver so that they could help some with good hints and tricks maybe. I do believe if it is dumped this soon or before its time that in itself will cut off the good support that we have here and start a shit-storm of Haters that think the game is shit because they think they cant figure something out.
Cant we can wait a while.....
There is great support from the Dev and many others here, lets not Fuck it up....................

FPcrab

Aug 14, 2018
OH No not this again............. How short the memories are.... Why not just wait a little while so the bugs in a new ver gets worked out and the Bata people have worked on a new ver so that they could help some with good hints and tricks maybe. I do believe if it is dumped this soon or before its time that in itself will cut off the good support that we have here and start a shit-storm of Haters that think the game is shit because they think they cant figure something out.
Cant we can wait a while.....
There is great support from the Dev and many others here, lets not Fuck it up....................
disagree with you. those who want to support the developer - they support it anyway. who does not want - he will not. I see no point in delaying the release of versions and forcing freeloaders to wait until someone merges the fresh version. it doesn't make any sense)

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
Let's hope that one of your patrons shares it here. (With another pseudo than the one he uses on your patron site if he doesn't want to be banned)
That`s like hoping for the worst. I certainly don`t hope that will happen.

It will only result in another Patron ban, since you can link and track down every single copy giving out.
Let`s say Copy A to Patron A, Copy B to Patron B etc.

I rather hope for a mutual understanding of the situation, Players don`t want the Game to end but for that the Dev`s need support.
Any form of a one sides relationship will only result in a fast end.

I saw enough cases where the Dev`s only share an alpha release and that`s it.
Everything else got hiding behind a HUGE paywall, so huge that nobody is willing to share anything more at all.
And that`s pretty much the end then for anybody else.

So i rather ask myself how can i help to avoid such a worst case scenario, then hoping for a 1 or 2 week earlier release.
That`s not just ungrateful it`s self destructive.

• Love
Reactions: tripod70 and Rolo

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
There is still some hiccup's here and there but I think the team is working out the bugs...........(y)

lexhen

Jan 18, 2018
Hey guys, I dont know if i'm doing something wrong but i'm stuck at episode 2 at 65/74 and getting there already felt like a massive boring and repetitive grind...
I saw several comment saying they were glad that this game wasn't a grind, so I am wandering if i'm doing something wrong; i even activated the help but it didn't help at all.

So before i completely give up on the game, is there something i'm missing here or are you suppose to have a groundhog day chipping the stats little by little until the story advances or you hang yourself, whichever comes first?

lexhen

Jan 18, 2018
I don't know what are gallery hints? how do you activate them? all i got is the cogwheel on the top left and a help option in the menu that follows.

filochard

Feb 1, 2018
To activate galery hint, just click on julia's portrait in the lower left screen of the game

lexhen

Jan 18, 2018
there are no portraits showing for me, even when i am in a dialogue with julia, its just a black bar where her name and the text show up.

Reactions: fatfrogs

filochard

Feb 1, 2018
lexhen Perhaps you have an older version were it wasn't already implemented.
Just download the one I provided a few post ago and you'll be good to go.

2.50 star(s) 92 Votes